Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,196 members, 7,818,652 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

A Story Of Hope - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Story Of Hope (621 Views)

"No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. / IRETI (A Short Story Of Hope) / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Story Of Hope by cyber5(m): 12:31pm On Oct 01, 2016
A STORY OF HOPE

By AdeDhayor (CyBer5)
adedayoadebayo746@gmail.com
dhayoralabi@gmail.com

On a very cold morning in a concentration camp at Germany during 1942. A young man looked through a barbed wire fence and saw a girl who he thought
was beautiful as sunlight itself.

The young woman spotted him too and that instant her heart leaped up. Wanting to express her feelings, she threw a red apple over the fence and somehow the apple brought him Life and
Hope. As the young man picked up, a ray of sunshine illuminated his dark world.

The angelic face, the timid
smile and beautiful laughter of the young woman lingered in his mind and replayed in his memory.
The next day, he was eager to see her again.

When he approached the fence,
to his delight there she was waiting for the young man who touched her heart, she stood there with another red apple in her hand. It was extremely cold and the freezing wind moaned sadly, despite that two hearts warmed by love as the red apple crossed the fence. The pleasant incident repeated itself for several days until a day came.

One day, the young man announced with a sad expression “Don’t bring me another apple tomorrow. I won’t be here
anymore; they are sending me to
another concentration camp”.

That afternoon, the boy left with a broken heart. From that day on, the beautiful image of the girl would fill his mind during moments of sorrow; her eyes, her smile, the few words they
exchanged, the red apple that
brought hope to his life, for him it was more than just a spark of joy in the midst of unending sorrow. His family perished in the war and his life was nearly destroyed, but yet even in the darkest hours, the image of thegirl with a timid smile brought him joy, love,
courage and hope.

Days passed, weeks passed, months passed, years passed and one day in the United States, two adults met by chance in a
restaurant and began to talk
about general events and one thing led to the other, before they knew it they began to talk of their lives. “Where were you during the war?” The woman asked. “I was in a concentration camp in Germany”. Replied the man.
The woman with a sad smile on her face said “I remember throwing red apples over a fence to a young man who was also in a
concentration camp.

With his heart in his throat, the man stammered “And did that young man say to you one day ‘Tomorrow don’t bring me
another apple, because they are
sending me to another concentration camp?”.

With a surprised look on her
face she said “Yes, but How could you have known that”.
Looking into her eyes as if he was gazing at a star, he said “I was that young man”

Then came a moment of silence, some many memories, so much nostalgia such joy at seeing her again, the woman that brought him love and hope.
The words almost refused to come out, but he went on “They separated me from seeing, but I never lost the hope of seeing you again. Will You Marry Me?”

As he held her close, she whispered in his ear, “Yes, yes and a thousand times yes…

THE END

With Credits to Alenjandro Bullon; I’ve always enjoyed every of your works. And special thanks to RolaDiva and OyinPrince

2 Likes

Re: A Story Of Hope by glo3nity: 1:56pm On Oct 01, 2016
cyber5:
A STORY OF HOPE

By AdeDhayor (CyBer5)
adedayoadebayo746@gmail.com
dhayoralabi@gmail.com

On a very cold morning in a concentration camp at Germany during 1942. A young man looked through a barbed wire fence and saw a girl who he thought
was beautiful as sunlight itself.

The young woman spotted him too and that instant her heart leaped up. Wanting to express her feelings, she threw a red apple over the fence and somehow the apple brought him Life and
Hope. As the young man picked up, a ray of sunshine illuminated his dark world.

The angelic face, the timid
smile and beautiful laughter of the young woman lingered in his mind and replayed in his memory.
The next day, he was eager to see her again.

When he approached the fence,
to his delight there she was waiting for the young man who touched her heart, she stood there with another red apple in her hand. It was extremely cold and the freezing wind moaned sadly, despite that two hearts warmed by love as the red apple crossed the fence. The pleasant incident repeated itself for several days until a day came.

One day, the young man announced with a sad expression “Don’t bring me another apple tomorrow. I won’t be here
anymore; they are sending me to
another concentration camp”.

That afternoon, the boy left with a broken heart. From that day on, the beautiful image of the girl would fill his mind during moments of sorrow; her eyes, her smile, the few words they
exchanged, the red apple that
brought hope to his life, for him it was more than just a spark of joy in the midst of unending sorrow. His family perished in the war and his life was nearly destroyed, but yet even in the darkest hours, the image of thegirl with a timid smile brought him joy, love,
courage and hope.

Days passed, weeks passed, months passed, years passed and one day in the United States, two adults met by chance in a
restaurant and began to talk
about general events and one thing led to the other, before they knew it they began to talk of their lives. “Where were you during the war?” The woman asked. “I was in a concentration camp in Germany”. Replied the man.
The woman with a sad smile on her face said “I remember throwing red apples over a fence to a young man who was also in a
concentration camp.

With his heart in his throat, the man stammered “And did that young man say to you one day ‘Tomorrow don’t bring me
another apple, because they are
sending me to another concentration camp?”.

With a surprised look on her
face she said “Yes, but How could you have known that”.
Looking into her eyes as if he was gazing at a star, he said “I was that young man”

Then came a moment of silence, some many memories, so much nostalgia such joy at seeing her again, the woman that brought him love and hope.
The words almost refused to come out, but he went on “They separated me from seeing, but I never lost the hope of seeing you again. Will You Marry Me?”

As he held her close, she whispered in his ear, “Yes, yes and a thousand times yes…

THE END

With Credits to Alenjandro Bullon; I’ve always enjoyed every of your works. And special thanks to RolaDiva and OyinPrince

Nice short trip.
Re: A Story Of Hope by Oyinprince(m): 2:35pm On Oct 02, 2016
Well-done bro, nice one
Re: A Story Of Hope by cyber5(m): 3:55pm On Oct 02, 2016
Oyinprince:
Well-done bro, nice one
thank you sir
Re: A Story Of Hope by RolaDiva(f): 4:43pm On Oct 02, 2016
Happy sunday........

Nice 1.........

Hope you went to church sha.......
Re: A Story Of Hope by cyber5(m): 5:44pm On Oct 02, 2016
RolaDiva:
Happy sunday........

Nice 1.........

Hope you went to church sha.......

Thank you ma and of course i went to church

(1) (Reply)

BEAUTY OF DISDAIN-Novelette From SomeTime Play In Theater / New HOT Novel: In That Moment #1{#1} / W

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.