Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,051 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

12 Innocent Lies That Moms Use For Their Children To Get Through The Day - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 12 Innocent Lies That Moms Use For Their Children To Get Through The Day (1276 Views)

Powerful Pics From The 2018 Birth Photo Competition Prove That Moms Are Awesome / 11 Illustrations Showing That Moms Definitely Use Magic / Little Girls Reaction To Moms Threat After She Stole A Candy Trends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Innocent Lies That Moms Use For Their Children To Get Through The Day by DifferentBoy1(m): 2:04pm On Oct 02, 2016
There are no doubts that being a mother is one of the toughest jobs in the world. And it’s not like you can have a break just when you want it. With this fact providing an extra pressure, no mother is super perfect.

Do you remember brushing your kid aside with that terrible “maybe” that is actually sugarcoated “no”? Everybody does that or something similar from time to time, so there’s no need to be ashamed of it. Imperfection is often fun.

Here are 12 phrases that most moms use sometimes to get through the day without losing it. Smile when you see something familiar or take it as a secret weapon!

1 Like

Re: 12 Innocent Lies That Moms Use For Their Children To Get Through The Day by DifferentBoy1(m): 2:05pm On Oct 02, 2016
1. “You ears turn red when you lie.”

Say that and watch your kids hiding ears every time they lie. That’s funny, but at the same time, they’ll learn that lying is bad!

1 Like

Re: 12 Innocent Lies That Moms Use For Their Children To Get Through The Day by DifferentBoy1(m): 2:07pm On Oct 02, 2016
2. “You used to love eating this when you were a baby!”

It can really help your picky eaters to get over their dislikes for healthy food. Not for long though, keep it in mind.

1 Like

Re: 12 Innocent Lies That Moms Use For Their Children To Get Through The Day by DifferentBoy1(m): 2:08pm On Oct 02, 2016
3. “Maybe we can go ______ tomorrow.”

If your children want to go somewhere too late or you simply don’t want to go there, you can use this trick and hope that they forget about it tomorrow morning.

1 Like

Re: 12 Innocent Lies That Moms Use For Their Children To Get Through The Day by DifferentBoy1(m): 2:09pm On Oct 02, 2016
4. “I don’t want the last piece, take it!”

This one goes the opposite direction. You are willing to sacrifice your desires to make your children happy. Of course, you don’t want that last delicious and juicy slice of pizza!

3 Likes

Re: 12 Innocent Lies That Moms Use For Their Children To Get Through The Day by DifferentBoy1(m): 2:11pm On Oct 02, 2016
5. “I’m fine, don’t worry about me.”

Here again, you just want to be tough for your children so they get everything they need. It’s good, but try to find help and allow yourself some well-deserved rest.

1 Like

Re: 12 Innocent Lies That Moms Use For Their Children To Get Through The Day by DifferentBoy1(m): 2:12pm On Oct 02, 2016
6. “I have eyes in the back of my head.”

It might not be that much of a lie as moms see everything, but it might help you calming the kids for some time.

1 Like

Re: 12 Innocent Lies That Moms Use For Their Children To Get Through The Day by DifferentBoy1(m): 2:14pm On Oct 02, 2016
7. “Change out of that wet bathing suit or you’ll get diarrhea.”

Spare your sofa and your nerves, it’s not that bad. Walking around in a wet suit is not good anyway.

1 Like

Re: 12 Innocent Lies That Moms Use For Their Children To Get Through The Day by DifferentBoy1(m): 2:15pm On Oct 02, 2016
8. “I don’t know what happened to that loud obnoxious toy you love to play with every waking moment.”

Sometimes not knowing can bring better night sleep. Don’t be too worried about it if that toy brought you to the boiling point.

Re: 12 Innocent Lies That Moms Use For Their Children To Get Through The Day by DifferentBoy1(m): 2:17pm On Oct 02, 2016
9. “I’d never do [insert reckless behavior from your youth].”

Maybe you can laugh about it later. Much later!

Re: 12 Innocent Lies That Moms Use For Their Children To Get Through The Day by DifferentBoy1(m): 2:18pm On Oct 02, 2016
10. “I’ll only be 5 minutes.”

A young kid’s perception of time is a bit off, you can count on that. And moms are busy, it’s fine.

Re: 12 Innocent Lies That Moms Use For Their Children To Get Through The Day by DifferentBoy1(m): 2:19pm On Oct 02, 2016
11. “If you tell me the truth, you won’t get in trouble.”

Sometimes you just really need to find out the truth. What to do after the trick is another question.

1 Like

Re: 12 Innocent Lies That Moms Use For Their Children To Get Through The Day by DifferentBoy1(m): 2:21pm On Oct 02, 2016
12. “Maybe.”

It’s not a promise so you are off the hook! Even if you know that something never happens, sometimes it’s better to keep it to yourself.

And remember: Desperate times – desperate measures.

Re: 12 Innocent Lies That Moms Use For Their Children To Get Through The Day by DifferentBoy1(m): 2:22pm On Oct 02, 2016
Re: 12 Innocent Lies That Moms Use For Their Children To Get Through The Day by NevetsIbot(m): 5:48pm On Oct 04, 2016
mothers : Junior. Wait for me, 2 mins, lemme talk to mummy Janet and we'll go home.

Junior : okay

1hr later.

Junior : Mumsi, i'm still here o.

What of.... ''Go in and wear your slippers and you'll follow me''.... You run inside to get your slippers than happily skip to the door and find that she's gone.. This one dey pain baje!

(1) (Reply)

How To Prepare Nkwobi At Home / My Fellow Nairlanders, Have You Ever Seen This Kind Of Woman? / Reasons Why Happy Couples Don't Talk About Their Relationship On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.