Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi (20505 Views)

Peter Obi Spotted On A Train In The UK By A Shocked Nigerian (Photos) / RECESSION: Nigeria’s Oil, Gas Reserves Running Out, NNPC Warns / Blackouts, Violence And Now Recession: Nigeria’s Troubles Mount - Bloomberg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 03, 2016
Nonsense
Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by slawali: 11:40am On Oct 03, 2016
blueto:
Imagine Obansajo raining animadversions on GEJ for an alleged ‘reckless’ spending, and one would think he wasn't culpable of such.

Anyway, no amount of libelous statements against GEJ can sway me, because I know and it is indelible to me that GEJ performed excellently. They attribute his success to oil price as if oil price can automatically improve the economy without good and apt economic policies in order to make optimal use of revenues. Was Nigeria the only oil producing nation when Jonathan was in power?? why was it that no other oil producing economy was able to challenge the Nigerian economy in becoming the third fastest growing economy in the world and the largest economy in africa with inflation rate at a single digit? it was clearly because of the repercussions of his apt economic policies and programmes. His policies were evaluated and rated topnotch globally by world bank and other eminent int'l and local economic institutions.

These days, the most discernible policy of the new APC government is to attack everything Jonathan. However, propaganda can only mask the truth in the short-term. It cannot destroy the truth in the medium to long-term. No matter what APC traducers say, the fact remains that Goodluck Jonathan was an exceptional president by Nigerian standards.

Babatunde Fashola, the current minister of Power, Works and Housing. At his maiden news conference, tagged grandiloquently: “Setting the Agenda for Delivering Change,” the same Fashola who spent the election campaign running down the Jonathan administration shocked his audience by revealing that, rather than embark on new road construction projects in 2016, he would only endeavour to build on Jonathan’s achievements.

Wittingly or unwittingly, Fashola gave the lie to APC propaganda that Jonathan’s years were wasted years? If Jonathan was as incompetent as the APC would have us believe, why could the party not launch its own superior nationwide road-building plan, as Buhari had promised in the heady days of the 2015 election campaign? Why rely on allegedly sub-standard PDP foundations?

Wake up.that is game of politics.u must know how to sell yourself well.

1 Like

Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by Jsaviour(f): 11:41am On Oct 03, 2016
everybody knows it is the truth, leaders waste money for rubbish things. u can imagine buhari budgeting almost 2billion for his feeding. maintaining various aircrafts with billions etc. the high cost of governance is what is killing this nation, a senator goes home with almost 30milion a month but can't pay 18000 minimum wage. may God open d eyes of youths to see who their real enemies are.

1 Like

Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by flokii: 11:43am On Oct 03, 2016
This man must be d honest type.. d kind of pple this country needs.

some idiots will come here to criticize Buhari for blaming past govt. yet will be quick to celebrate Anambra state..

All of una eye go clear when ur kids start roaming about like syrians and ur leaders keep living in luxury abroad.

3 Likes

Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by Omooba77: 11:45am On Oct 03, 2016
blueto:
Lame! it took the super clueless certificateless cattle rearer 16 months to conduct a successful rigging conclusive election and 6 months in appointing unmerited ministers who colluded with him in formulating inordinate policies and rash decisions that ruined the economy. Just like failing to fulfil his economic promises, he has also failed in fulfilling social promises like visiting the Chibok community, or should we blame GEJ for that too??.

You asked what he did for Bayelsa as if he was the president of republic of Bayelsa, did the economic stability, good standard of living not affect Bayelsa?? If he solely focused on Bayelsa, same people like you will open you mouths to chant marginalisation.

Dont mind the sycophants;let them watch NTA&Channels on how much being wasted on book launch that is not relevant to our economy. Zombies are just too irritating.

4 Likes

Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by Ikigia: 11:47am On Oct 03, 2016
blueto:
Lame! it took the super clueless certificateless cattle rearer 16 months to conduct a successful rigging conclusive election and 6 months in appointing unmerited ministers who colluded with him in formulating inordinate policies and rash decisions that ruined the economy. Just like failing to fulfil his economic promises, he has also failed in fulfilling social promises like visiting the Chibok community, or should we blame GEJ for that too??.

You asked what he did for Bayelsa as if he was the president of republic of Bayelsa, did the economic stability, good standard of living not affect Bayelsa?? If he solely focused on Bayelsa, same people like you will open you mouths to chant marginalisation.

I stopped reading when I got to ".....good standard of living"

1 Like

Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by NairaMaster1(m): 11:52am On Oct 03, 2016
blueto:
Imagine Obansajo raining animadversions on GEJ for an alleged ‘reckless’ spending, and one would think he wasn't culpable of such.

Anyway, no amount of libelous statements against GEJ can sway me, because I know and it is indelible to me that GEJ performed excellently. They attribute his success to oil price as if oil price can automatically improve the economy without good and apt economic policies in order to make optimal use of revenues. Was Nigeria the only oil producing nation when Jonathan was in power?? why was it that no other oil producing economy was able to challenge the Nigerian economy in becoming the third fastest growing economy in the world and the largest economy in africa with inflation rate at a single digit? it was clearly because of the repercussions of his apt economic policies and programmes. His policies were evaluated and rated topnotch globally by world bank and other eminent int'l and local economic institutions.

These days, the most discernible policy of the new APC government is to attack everything Jonathan. However, propaganda can only mask the truth in the short-term. It cannot destroy the truth in the medium to long-term. No matter what APC traducers say, the fact remains that Goodluck Jonathan was an exceptional president by Nigerian standards.

Babatunde Fashola, the current minister of Power, Works and Housing. At his maiden news conference, tagged grandiloquently: “Setting the Agenda for Delivering Change,” the same Fashola who spent the election campaign running down the Jonathan administration shocked his audience by revealing that, rather than embark on new road construction projects in 2016, he would only endeavour to build on Jonathan’s achievements.

Wittingly or unwittingly, Fashola gave the lie to APC propaganda that Jonathan’s years were wasted years? If Jonathan was as incompetent as the APC would have us believe, why could the party not launch its own superior nationwide road-building plan, as Buhari had promised in the heady days of the 2015 election campaign? Why rely on allegedly sub-standard PDP foundations?

Buhari?

Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by GOFRONT(m): 11:57am On Oct 03, 2016
There waz a time I heard Millions of Naira was spent to buy Mobile phones for Farmers!!!!.....cant remember d exact year and I dunno wat d phone add to d farm.....

1 Like

Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by Vienna2000: 11:59am On Oct 03, 2016
Brother give merrit to whoever that deserve it. Peter obi tried.

3 Likes

Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by munas: 12:07pm On Oct 03, 2016
GOFRONT:
There waz a time I heard Millions of Naira was spent to buy Mobile phones for Farmers!!!!.....cant remember d exact year and I dunno wat d phone add to d farm.....

It was used to share fertilizers to famers and provide agric extension services

5 Likes

Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by Maxwell011(m): 12:15pm On Oct 03, 2016
This is your time to say your own
Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by nobeku: 12:16pm On Oct 03, 2016
blueto:

Jonathan performed excellently well,in your bat eyes, when he distributed 15Billion dollars of our nations wealth supposed to use to prosecute a war,for electioneering?NOI was borrowing to pay salaries as of April 2014...same stuff Buhari is trying to solve by the Bailouts he has been giving states...Our Nation Oil JV/ LNG was owed 7Billion dollars and Jona quietly ignored calls to service our own part of the counterpart funding,yet Jona performed ezellently well..69Billion dollars FLEECED or misappropriated in 5 and half years and he did well...The UN report on the Niger delta was PURPOSELY NOT carried out,the Niger bridge was NEVER built, it was NOT even in de budget of 2015 presented by NOI...Book Haram kept sacking military barracks and over 22,000 Nigerians died for no reason and you day Jonathan did EXELLENTLY WELL..Are you Wicked or are you WICKED

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by nobeku: 12:16pm On Oct 03, 2016
blueto:

Jonathan performed excellently well,in your bat eyes, when he distributed 15Billion dollars of our nations wealth supposed to use to prosecute a war,for electioneering?NOI was borrowing to pay salaries as of April 2014...same stuff Buhari is trying to solve by the Bailouts he has been giving states...Our Nation Oil JV/ LNG was owed 7Billion dollars and Jona quietly ignored calls to service our own part of the counterpart funding,yet Jona performed ezellently well..69Billion dollars FLEECED or misappropriated in 5 and half years and he did well...The UN report on the Niger delta was PURPOSELY NOT carried out,the Niger bridge was NEVER built, it was NOT even in de budget of 2015 presented by NOI...Boko Haram kept sacking military barracks and over 22,000 Nigerians died for no reason and you day Jonathan did EXELLENTLY WELL..Are you Wicked or are you WICKED

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by nobeku: 12:18pm On Oct 03, 2016
blueto:

You need Mental/Intellectual/Physical EXORCISM...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by bishopkay: 12:19pm On Oct 03, 2016
blueto:
Do you even no what foreign reserves means? can a president just reduce the foreign reserves? Just go and give that phone to you dad/mum and stop disgracing yourself.

My brother may your days on earth be long and may your path never be dark. Amen
You have been very apt and excellent in your replies so far!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by sunsewa16: 12:19pm On Oct 03, 2016
Keneking:
Nonsense

Peter Obi ur nemesis,ur hatred for this wonderful man,I can't really fathom the reasons.

3 Likes

Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by Gliding(m): 12:23pm On Oct 03, 2016
blueto:

Wittingly or unwittingly, Fashola gave the lie to APC propaganda that Jonathan’s years were wasted years? If Jonathan was as incompetent as the APC would have us believe, why could the party not launch its own superior nationwide road-building plan, as Buhari had promised in the heady days of the 2015 election csecondly ampaign? Why rely on allegedly sub-standard PDP foundations?

it was the state government that wanted to build a presidential lodge and not the presidency . kudos to obi for blocking such extravagance , anyway .

secondly secondly, GEJ s tenure was not a complete waste as some people say, though he should have done a lot better.
ultimately , we should not buy everything a party says, we can think for ourselves .

the road building plan was good but the implementation was poor. most of the roads were far from completion. it is only a silly govt tray will abandon ongoing projects to go and start another, that may also become completed
Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by MYGFGSGH: 12:24pm On Oct 03, 2016
Standing5:
Any clueless buffon can perform 10 times what Jonathan did if given similar resources. Jonathan can only rack up those bloated projects because the funding at federal level that helps him hide the dirty details. What did the man do in Bayelsa?
And still you people called him clannish.
Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by Wolexdey(m): 12:24pm On Oct 03, 2016
The so-called Leaders are thieves, corrupt and completely shameless.

Most times, they rigged their way to the top imposing themselves on the people...Such a pity!!

1 Like

Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by ephi123(f): 12:27pm On Oct 03, 2016
Standing5:
Is blueto reading this? Jonathan was a disaster.

Jonathan was a disaster agreed, but that makes Buhari a BIGGER DISASTER considering the current state of the nation.

2 Likes

Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by hisgrace090: 12:31pm On Oct 03, 2016
Peter obi your foot print in anambra will forever remain indelible. You're a man of integrity.
Though hatted by some because you stop them from sheering anambra state resources.

1 Like

Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by ephi123(f): 12:33pm On Oct 03, 2016
Soso990240:
Why is this man being ignored by Federal Government? We need to start giving people with brain opportunity as ministers,instead of trying to favour your political party.. Thereby giving our ministerial slots to fools,just because they belong to d same political party with d President.

Word. The interest of the nation should take precedence over individual interest but we all know Buhari and his selective appointments.

3 Likes

Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by buchilino(m): 12:34pm On Oct 03, 2016
Soso990240:
Why is this man being ignored by Federal Government? We need to start giving people with brain opportunity as ministers,instead of trying to favour your political party.. Thereby giving our ministerial slots to fools,just because they belong to d same political party with d President.

MY BROTHER, D THING TIRE ME OOO. ONE QUESTION I KEEP ASKING IS, DOES NIGERIA NEED 2 HOUSES AT D NA?. Y NOT DO AWAY WITH D SENATE N ALLOW ONLY D HOUSE OF REP 2 EXIST. I RECENTLY CAME ACROSS AN ESTIMATE OF WAT D NA HAVE AS IT'S ANNUAL BUDGET. I FELT LIKE BEING A SUICIDE BOMBER.

3 Likes

Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by emorse(m): 12:39pm On Oct 03, 2016
blueto:
Stop these deceitful hyperboles, even your comment is oxymoron. You claimed that he could not pay contractors and you also claimed that he only constructed one railway system, so how come he couldn't pay contractors if he only constructed one railway system?? and how come the contractors were only railway construction contractors?

Zombies with tacky brains are rebarbative these days.

Oga please stop this thing you're doing. GEJ was a disaster of inestimable proportions that thankfully belongs in the past now. Unfortunately, Buhari so far doesn't seem to be any better. He's got until 2019 to "change" our perceptions otherwise, the GEJ treatment awaits him.
Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by Oblang(m): 12:46pm On Oct 03, 2016
Gliding:

it was the state government that wanted to build a presidential lodge and not the presidency . kudos to obi for blocking such extravagance , anyway .

secondly secondly, GEJ s tenure was not a complete waste as some people say, though he should have done a lot better.
ultimately , we should not buy everything a party says, we can think for ourselves .

the road building plan was good but the implementation was poor. most of the roads were far from completion. it is only a silly govt tray will abandon ongoing projects to go and start another, that may also become completed

Of what use is having good plan without implementation. It's better not to even have the plan at all if u know u won't implement it. Jonathan was a disaster..

1 Like

Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by May19th: 12:47pm On Oct 03, 2016
blueto:

Hey wake up, this isn't about GEJ, it's about the man of the moment - Peter Obi

1 Like

Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by solreb: 12:49pm On Oct 03, 2016
blueto:
Do you even no what foreign reserves means? can a president just reduce the foreign reserves? Just go and give that phone to you dad/mum and stop disgracing yourself.

GEJ was a mistake that should not happen to a nation twice. If you are convinced that GEJ did well, then my prayer for you is that God should let your life be run like GEJ ran Nigeria. Same Amen
Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by Viktor1983(m): 12:51pm On Oct 03, 2016
Okwute!
Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by OlujobaSamuel: 12:52pm On Oct 03, 2016
i saw something like gej performed excellently by someone on fp, e be like sey this change don spread seriously, people no gt sense again.
@topic, sir you talk well, but you no do well, you were one of those promoting gej to come back, despite losing the election, i know thousands will vote him because of your endorsement, the current person too no help matter, as there is no form of action coming from his office.
maybe you should also aspire for that sit next election, i dont want to hear tales of the best president nigeria never had, pmb could have been one if not for his winning and we wont know his prowess, but now we can see.
Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by focus7: 12:59pm On Oct 03, 2016
This would have had a point if he was not among those that stood solidly behind Jonathan's wasteful government.
Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by ocelot2006(m): 1:00pm On Oct 03, 2016
Yyeske:
Continue your lies, Nigerians now know better

Nope, we only know the lies and bullcrap the APC and Buhari led administration keep yapping to the masses. But hey, continue
Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by osimataylor(m): 1:04pm On Oct 03, 2016
blueto:
very good question my friend.Some people piece on this forum smack of outright stupidity and ignorance.They just jump on topics they know nothing about to expose their emptiness.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Femi Fani-kayode Slumped In EFCC Custody: His Life Is In Danger - Aide / "Saraki, Others Right To Block Tinubu's VP Bid" - Northern Elders / Cross River Benefited More In Buhari's Administration - Governor Ayade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.