Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,685 members, 7,955,550 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:07 AM

A Nairalander Celebrates Independence Day At Olumo Rock - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Nairalander Celebrates Independence Day At Olumo Rock (26128 Views)

Female Amputee Visits Olumo Rock For The First Time & Is Excited. Photos / Olumo Rock: What No One Told You About Th Ancient Rock (pics) / Man Directs Traffic In Abuja After A Hectic Day At The Office (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander Celebrates Independence Day At Olumo Rock by CONFAMA: 2:02pm On Oct 03, 2016
Neoguru3:
Afonjas make me laugh, living in brown roof is now their culture grin grin grin . While other countries are building sky scrippers and mansions, they are happy to say rusted roofs is their culture grin grin grin grin .Na una fada innovate Cameroon zinc.

BTW, shouting "brown roof" and laughing.

...you igbos have leaky brain. When ambode and Fashola were busy demolishing some section of fadeyi market, you igbos were the first to scream victimization.

Those structures you see there would first have to be demolished before renovation and fact is most peeps prefer to maintain status quo.

The ironic thing is that quite a number of igbos live in abeokuta under those brown roof and they will not hesitate to make a protest of victimization if the government one day decides to renovate that area.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Celebrates Independence Day At Olumo Rock by CONFAMA: 2:03pm On Oct 03, 2016
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Afonjas be like Chilling on top brown roof republic

...you igbos have leaky brain. When ambode and Fashola were busy demolishing some section of fadeyi market, you igbos were the first to scream victimization.

Those structures you see there would first have to be demolished before renovation and fact is most peeps prefer to maintain status quo.

The ironic thing is that quite a number of igbos live in abeokuta under those brown roof and they will not hesitate to make a protest of victimization if the government one day decides to renovate that area.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Celebrates Independence Day At Olumo Rock by vicadex07(m): 2:12pm On Oct 03, 2016
Lovelynature:
You and your friends look great. True friendship is great and priceless. Reminds me of my great friends

Happy Independence bro

Thanks bro....Happy Independence to you too

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Celebrates Independence Day At Olumo Rock by dadabashua1(m): 2:14pm On Oct 03, 2016
love everything I have seen on the pics.... nice one op

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Celebrates Independence Day At Olumo Rock by gozzlin: 2:14pm On Oct 03, 2016
omofunaab:

Go and change it na,

abeokuta is an ancient city . Civilization started in abeokuta. Those buildings were constructed way back pre independence era. Still those buildings are still standing.
Most of those ancient houses have artistic designs which people now call POP designs.
Besides brown roofs is not a yardstick for measuring development

The question is; why are there still rusted, brown roofs in that area when they can all be changed to aluminum roofs. In other areas of Nigeria, modern aluminum roofs are the norm. In Yoruba land on the other hand, they're still stuck in the middle ages. They are not moving with the trend.

Is it a sign of widespread penury in the area or what? Your guess is as good as mine.
Re: A Nairalander Celebrates Independence Day At Olumo Rock by vicadex07(m): 2:15pm On Oct 03, 2016
africandollar:
Eyah! So it has resorted to this? Recession don turn guys to Olumo 'rockers' to mark independence? Hope una no drink any 'tonic engine' while @ Olumo though (reference to Kiss Daniel's 'Sin City').

You don't even make any sense... Smh
Re: A Nairalander Celebrates Independence Day At Olumo Rock by Maxwell011(m): 2:16pm On Oct 03, 2016
Nice one
Re: A Nairalander Celebrates Independence Day At Olumo Rock by Maxwell011(m): 2:16pm On Oct 03, 2016
Nice one guys

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Celebrates Independence Day At Olumo Rock by vicadex07(m): 2:16pm On Oct 03, 2016
gozzlin:

The question is; why are there still rusted, brown roofs in that area when they can all be changed to aluminum roofs. In other areas of Nigeria, modern aluminum roofs are the norm. In Yoruba land on the other hand, they're still stuck in the middle ages. They are not moving with the trend.

Is it a sign of widespread penury in the area or what? Your guess is as good as mine.

Go and ask the igbos living there to change it na
Re: A Nairalander Celebrates Independence Day At Olumo Rock by Neoguru3: 2:17pm On Oct 03, 2016
CONFAMA:

Just sharrap, wetin concern me with the brown roof republic?
Re: A Nairalander Celebrates Independence Day At Olumo Rock by vicadex07(m): 2:17pm On Oct 03, 2016
dadabashua1:
love everything I have seen on the pics.... nice one op

Thanks bro... I appreciate your complements
Re: A Nairalander Celebrates Independence Day At Olumo Rock by bigtt76(f): 2:19pm On Oct 03, 2016
Your choice dear! This is their own choice ....respect it! grin

peculiar32:
I'd rather visit the motherless babies home.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Celebrates Independence Day At Olumo Rock by vicadex07(m): 2:20pm On Oct 03, 2016
SpitsOnYoruba:

Shut up
Virginia and Boston were founded in 1887 but you can't see any Brown roof there

Come up with a better excuse

Bitter fool...why do igbos prefer to die and be buried under those brown roofs instead of staying back in their erosion infested red mud region?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Celebrates Independence Day At Olumo Rock by youngsahito(m): 2:21pm On Oct 03, 2016
nma24:
Brown roof United.... Haba, shey they don't have affluent sons and daughters that can change those roofs ni?
brown roof is beta than ur mud dilapilated houses you left in ur village

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Celebrates Independence Day At Olumo Rock by dadabashua1(m): 2:22pm On Oct 03, 2016
some are busy making noise instead of to post your village pics for us to see also... abi the people making noise no get villages and towns to?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Celebrates Independence Day At Olumo Rock by youngsahito(m): 2:23pm On Oct 03, 2016
SpitsOnYoruba:
Olumo Rock in what part of Nigeria ??

I can see why that part of Nigeria is called "The Brown roof region"

Can someone help me count the Brown roofs in those pictures
dats our identity so tell us ur village identity?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Celebrates Independence Day At Olumo Rock by vicadex07(m): 2:24pm On Oct 03, 2016
peculiar32:

no

Then kindly keep shut.... Bad belle
Re: A Nairalander Celebrates Independence Day At Olumo Rock by vicadex07(m): 2:25pm On Oct 03, 2016
Malayy:
chai! see brown roof for that fourth pic.

And so? Have you finished packing all the poo in ogbete market at Enugu?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Celebrates Independence Day At Olumo Rock by vicadex07(m): 2:26pm On Oct 03, 2016
SpitsOnYoruba:

Boston is an ancient city also
Does Boston have Brown roofs ??

Re: A Nairalander Celebrates Independence Day At Olumo Rock by vicadex07(m): 2:27pm On Oct 03, 2016
cheekyleggy:
It's good to have friends you can have so much fun with

Thank you sir
Re: A Nairalander Celebrates Independence Day At Olumo Rock by vicadex07(m): 2:28pm On Oct 03, 2016
Wolfbrother:

Then why bring it up?

Bad belle syndrome.
Re: A Nairalander Celebrates Independence Day At Olumo Rock by vicadex07(m): 2:29pm On Oct 03, 2016
misspatsy:
Its not only in Abeokuta you can brown roofs,the thing is scattered all other South West.They wouldn't renovate their villages houses instead they will call it "PRESERVATION OF CULTURE"
Even houses where students live in Ojere are all made roofed with that out-dated thing

Re: A Nairalander Celebrates Independence Day At Olumo Rock by vicadex07(m): 2:30pm On Oct 03, 2016
Mufasa27:
Lol patriotic Nigerians, una get time ooo

Naso....grin
Re: A Nairalander Celebrates Independence Day At Olumo Rock by antispexish(m): 2:31pm On Oct 03, 2016
SpitsOnYoruba:
Olumo Rock in what part of Nigeria ??

I can see why that part of Nigeria is called "The Brown roof region"

Can someone help me count the Brown roofs in those pictures
good you noticed their technological advancement while some regions where still living under thatched roofs

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Celebrates Independence Day At Olumo Rock by CONFAMA: 2:33pm On Oct 03, 2016
Neoguru3:
Just sharrap, wetin concern me with the brown roof republic?

....then you have no business being on this thread.

By the way, have you finished packing all the poo in ogbete market at Enugu?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Celebrates Independence Day At Olumo Rock by antispexish(m): 2:34pm On Oct 03, 2016
nma24:
Brown roof United.... Haba, shey they don't have affluent sons and daughters that can change those roofs ni?
why change what is working very well?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Celebrates Independence Day At Olumo Rock by dadabashua1(m): 2:35pm On Oct 03, 2016
this is one of the things Nigeria is known for.. it generates income as a tourist center... yet tribal bigot have messed the thread.... show us what your village or state or town also have that will help also to put Nigeria on the map... not to be making noise.. Nigerians major set back is tribalism before corruption.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Celebrates Independence Day At Olumo Rock by peculiar32(f): 2:36pm On Oct 03, 2016
SpitsOnYoruba:

Seeing only your face would make me kiss a gorilla ass
What happened to your face ?? You bath with acid ??
You sure look like someone that would kiss a gorilla ass.
Re: A Nairalander Celebrates Independence Day At Olumo Rock by vicadex07(m): 2:36pm On Oct 03, 2016
gozzlin:

Re: A Nairalander Celebrates Independence Day At Olumo Rock by peculiar32(f): 2:37pm On Oct 03, 2016
vicadex07:

Then kindly keep shut.... Bad belle
then kindly hug the nearest wet transformers to you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

US Threatens To Bar Nigerian Airlines / US Family Preference Visa Waiters Lounge / Tanker Explodes On Lagos-Ore Road, Many Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.