Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,600 members, 7,823,609 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) (47343 Views)

Baby Girl Surrounded By 4 Brothers (Photos) / My Husband Doesn't Want Me To Be Close To His Brothers. Is He Normal? / Two Nigerian Brothers Recreate Their Childhood Photo. See What They Did (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by sixtuschimere: 5:35pm On Oct 02, 2016
This is one of the most heartbreaking story. The two siblings Godspower and Marvellous allegedly came back from school on Thursday and went out to play. They were declared missing by their parents after they didn’t return home. Sadly, their bodies were recovered from a lagoon in Lagos. The deceased lived with their parents at Ibeshe area of Ikorodu in Lagos State. May their soul rest in peace. Read the heartbreaking story as shared by FCC Jones on facebook…

THESE YOUNG SAINTS HAVE GONE TO HEAVEN
Could there be a worst tragedy than having to see your grown up children taken away, just when you are so sure you have got them for keeps? At 11 and 14 years of age, parents have started rejoicing and even counting the days on when to start reaping the fruits of their investment on their children. But when the wicked hands of death chose such a time in their lives to snap them away, then there is little condolences can do.
When I spoke with these children's mother few minutes ago, I didn't find the right words to express my condolences, nor soothing words to comfort a her for the loss of her children. It would have been easier if these children were sick, but for children who returned from school and went out to play, only to be reported missing and after two days, their corpses were recovered from a lagoon, I do not know of a worst heartbreak.
When I brought the bitter news of the disappearance of these two angels to our notice, yesterday, I didn't tell us then, how closely connected to the case I am. Marvellous and Godspower were my wife's first cousins. Theirs is that kind of family, you never get to know whose child is who, as cousins relate so closely more than some siblings.
Nda Chioma, their mother is a fine soul, and the last of my mother-in-law's siblings. Beautiful like all of them. Young and hardworking, she had the best dreams for all her children, including these boys who have now joined God in Heaven.
We can only imagine the pains of their parents, but we should never pray to come close to such experience in this life. This is the kind of thing that tempt one to question God, but God knows everything and whatever He allows, he knows the reasons for sure. I am sure these boys are in Heaven with their Creator, my prayer is that God gives the parents, especially their mother the strength to beat this grievous loss.

We can only imagine the pains of their parents, but we should never pray to come close to such experience in this life. This is the kind of thing that tempt one to question God, but God knows everything and whatever He allows, he knows the reasons for sure. I am sure these boys are in Heaven with their Creator, my prayer is that God gives the parents, especially their mother the strength to beat this grievous loss.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/10/two-brothers-aged-11-and-14-drown-in.html

Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by adeleke5157: 5:40pm On Oct 02, 2016
WHAT A DOUBLE TRAGEDY,
MAY GOD GIVE THE FAMILY THE FORTITUDE TO BEAR THESE IRREPARABLE LOSSES.
ACCEPT MY CONDOLENCE

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 02, 2016
Lalasticlala - these kids got drown not kidnapped.
Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by Tallesty1(m): 5:50pm On Oct 02, 2016
Rip to them.
Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by funkyibodude(m): 5:59pm On Oct 02, 2016
Nda chioma their mother Her kids drowned in the lagoon in lagos.. Are you thinking what I'm thinking... ( I no talk anything oo)

R.I.P, ma please take heart, your kids are in a better place cry

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by TPAND(f): 6:24pm On Oct 02, 2016
When God gives children to careless, undeserving and lackadaisical parents, this is what happens to their wards.

Why don't we have child services in this country, they should prosecute cases as this in our country. This is 3rd degree Murder.

Nda Chioma is an ugly soul. I object to the description of recklessness on the part of a parent as fine soul

2 Likes

Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by eyinjuege: 7:55pm On Oct 02, 2016
TPAND:
When God gives children to careless, undeserving and lackadaisical parents, this is what happens to their wards.

Why don't we have child services in this country, they should prosecute cases as this in our country. This is 3rd degree Murder.

Nda Chioma is an ugly soul. I object to the description of recklessness on the part of a parent as fine soul

The children are old enough to go and play around in their neighborhood, old enough to walk to their neighborhood school themselves.
It's just an unfortunate accident. Maybe they never knew how to swim, or the current was too strong for them.

29 Likes

Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by veekid(m): 8:42pm On Oct 02, 2016
Pathetic
Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 02, 2016
Too bad .. Rip to the dead

1 Like

Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 02, 2016
TPAND:

Almost 90% of your posts on Nairaland are always off-point and ill-thought.

Begs for question if you truly have common sense at all or the one you have right now needs servicing.

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 02, 2016
I'm truly ashamed to say this, But may their manhood continue lives on.... cry
Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by Ekakamba: 8:45pm On Oct 02, 2016
[size=25pt]Badnews and Nairaland FP be like.. ....[/size] undecided
Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by ochuciano(m): 8:45pm On Oct 02, 2016
funkyibodude:
Nda chioma their mother Her kids drowned in the lagoon in lagos.. Are you thinking what I'm thinking... ( I no talk anything oo)

lipsrsealed
funkyibodude:

Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by Kangol99(m): 8:45pm On Oct 02, 2016
sad
Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by chynie: 8:46pm On Oct 02, 2016
A
Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by c4tnoelz: 8:46pm On Oct 02, 2016
Lord have mercy
Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by Kangol99(m): 8:46pm On Oct 02, 2016
Ekakamba:

embarassed
Ekakamba:
Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by TPAND(f): 8:46pm On Oct 02, 2016
eyinjuege:

The children are old enough to go and play around in their neighborhood, old enough to walk to their neighborhood school themselves.
It's just an unfortunate accident. Maybe they never knew how to swim, or the current was too strong for them.

Objection! Please spare me, i will not be a party to recklessness, you call an 11 year old old enough to go and swim alone. How redundant. See how young and innocent those kids are. It is the responsibility of every parent to protect their kids.

6 Likes

Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by emeijeh(m): 8:47pm On Oct 02, 2016
This lagoon again?
Where is the oba?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by peace92: 8:47pm On Oct 02, 2016
Lagoon... Eya.. Rip abeg God just wipe her tears with triplets

1 Like

Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by Swissheart(f): 8:47pm On Oct 02, 2016
OMG!
Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by ochuciano(m): 8:48pm On Oct 02, 2016
funkyibodude:

You mean it has started?
Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by Barigaboy(m): 8:49pm On Oct 02, 2016
May there soul rest in peace.
Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by Cherishing(f): 8:50pm On Oct 02, 2016
I pray God gives the family the grace to bear this great loss.

On a lighter mood :

No food for a lazy man no be for person wey him mama or wife get restaurant grin
Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by emeijeh(m): 8:50pm On Oct 02, 2016
Kangol99:

embarassed

This?

Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by dokJ: 8:51pm On Oct 02, 2016
this is a very sad news. may allah comfort their parents.

1 Like

Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by TPAND(f): 8:51pm On Oct 02, 2016
LastMumu:

Almost 90% of your posts on Nairaland are always off-point and ill-thought.

Begs for question if you truly have common sense at all or the one you have right now needs servicing.

Lastmumu when you decide to change your moniker to something cerebral, I'll reply you.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! / Baby Grabs Doctor's Finger From Womb! / He Found A Condom In His Mum's Bag..what Should He Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.