Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,692 members, 7,809,614 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

What Can He Do To A Career He Has No Money To Fund - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Can He Do To A Career He Has No Money To Fund (1006 Views)

Steps To Building A Career In Human Resources In Nigeria / Abuja Fuel Attendant, Esther, Returned Missing Money To The Owner (Photos) / A Retired Teacher That Returned Money To His State Treasury. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can He Do To A Career He Has No Money To Fund by Nobody: 11:58pm On Oct 02, 2016
What can he do to a career he has no much resources to fund,and even when he tries, it just doesnt add up.,should he continue to try, burning the little fund he strive to raise or just call it a day.
Re: What Can He Do To A Career He Has No Money To Fund by JamesKenneth: 3:48pm On Oct 03, 2016
I guess there are many things to consider, such as his personal and financial situation, the amount of resources needed, etc. In any case, I would personally make sure I have enough resources to fund my basic needs (as well as my family's), and proceed from then on.

Also, it would be a good idea to try an redesign his personal budget in order to better utilize funds already at hand.There are many ways in which he can make a living online as well, without the need of huge investments of neither time nor money. This way he could just make all the process self-sustainable.

Anyways, as I mentioned before, it would all depend on the specifics of your friend's situation.

Good luck!
Re: What Can He Do To A Career He Has No Money To Fund by Nobody: 10:08pm On Oct 04, 2016
JamesKenneth:
I guess there are many things to consider, such as his personal and financial situation, the amount of resources needed, etc. In any case, I would personally make sure I have enough resources to fund my basic needs (as well as my family's), and proceed from then on.

Also, it would be a good idea to try an redesign his personal budget in order to better utilize funds already at hand.There are many ways in which he can make a living online as well, without the need of huge investments of neither time nor money. This way he could just make all the process self-sustainable.

Anyways, as I mentioned before, it would all depend on the specifics of your friend's situation.

Good luck!
thank you for your contribution sir.
Re: What Can He Do To A Career He Has No Money To Fund by Nobody: 10:28pm On Oct 04, 2016
What he actually needed most to pave way and expand is carrier is the financial and personnel resources. He has not his own family yet, and he lamented his income source is inadequate. Sir,you suggested other source of income, i will throw that to him too, but i dont know if you have any idea of this online income source you might like to enlighten him about...or any other advice.
Re: What Can He Do To A Career He Has No Money To Fund by larrymannmide: 5:12pm On Oct 05, 2016
Sometimes, what is needed in business is 10% funds and 90% effort and strategies.
I will suggest u take a look at Services transfer and Bills payment busines
The telecommunication industry has proven to be a stable industry regardless of the recession in Nigeria and other countries of the world. Owning a global business in the Telecoms industry happens to be the smartest thing to do.
For more information on how to position yourself in the Telecoms industry and earn a potential of N360,000 everyday as people recharge their Mobile phones and pay bills through a unique platform that will be created for you, call/whatsapp 07057322320
Re: What Can He Do To A Career He Has No Money To Fund by JamesKenneth: 6:53pm On Oct 05, 2016
Tosinex:
What he actually needed most to pave way and expand is carrier is the financial and personnel resources. He has not his own family yet, and he lamented his income source is inadequate. Sir,you suggested other source of income, i will throw that to him too, but i dont know if you have any idea of this online income source you might like to enlighten him about...or any other advice.

First of all, let me tell you I admire your friend for pursuing his passion, even under difficult circumstances. Being young (as I understand he is) and having no family depending upon him, sometimes makes it all a bit easier. At this stage, you tend to have more time at your disposal and you're pretty much the only one directly affected by the consequences of your decisions (at least financially, that is).

Regarding the online income part, there are many venues he can persue. Personally, I started doing affiliate marketing through PPC almost 10 years ago and I eventually pulled it off, but I wouldn't recommend him going that route. In fact, I wouldn't advice him to start investing money he doesn't have yet.

If I were him, I'd make a few bucks for free and then re-invest that into my own business and scale. As long as there's a bit of potential, I'd tell him to start by blogging about something he loves and knows about (maybe something related to his career, which would also help him develop relationships for later on ). I'd use Wordpress to build the blog, as it's SEO friendly and there are plenty of add-ons going out everyday; a free, clean theme would be enough at this point. A domain and reliable hosting would be the only expenses, and they're pretty cheap. Otherwise, a free platform like Blogger or Tumblr would do the trick for starters. I'd use my blog to build a list using free promotional methods (forums, social, guest blogging, to name but a few). Mailchimp - an autoresponder- used to have a free trial and deliverability was pretty good - I'd have to check on that now. I'd start monetizing with affiliate products or adsense (I'd leave building my own products for later on). In any case, developing a strategy is a good thing, but I'd advice your friend not to overdo it and fall into paralysis out of fear and uncertainty. Money will start rolling in in a few months, maybe sooner.

In any case, this is just ONE way to go that I know for a fact that works. Again, I don't know the specifics of your friend's situation, so I can't go into more details here. Also, he should know there are plenty of details to take care of as there would be with any business, but he should rest assured none of these potential problems are insurmountable, as long as he's willing to put some time and effort into it.

If I can help your friend in any other way just ask, or tell him to feel free and contact me by mail any time.

The best of luck to you both.
Re: What Can He Do To A Career He Has No Money To Fund by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 05, 2016
Re: What Can He Do To A Career He Has No Money To Fund by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 05, 2016
JamesKenneth:

First of all, let me tell you I admire your friend for pursuing his passion, even under difficult circumstances. Being young (as I understand he is) and having no family depending upon him, sometimes makes it all a bit easier. At this stage, you tend to have more time at your disposal and you're pretty much the only one directly affected by the consequences of your decisions (at least financially, that is).

Regarding the online income part, there are many venues he can persue. Personally, I started doing affiliate marketing through PPC almost 10 years ago and I eventually pulled it off, but I wouldn't recommend him going that route. In fact, I wouldn't advice him to start investing money he doesn't have yet.

If I were him, I'd make a few bucks for free and then re-invest that into my own business and scale. As long as there's a bit of potential, I'd tell him to start by blogging about something he loves and knows about (maybe something related to his career, which would also help him develop relationships for later on ). I'd use Wordpress to build the blog, as it's SEO friendly and there are plenty of add-ons going out everyday; a free, clean theme would be enough at this point. A domain and reliable hosting would be the only expenses, and they're pretty cheap. Otherwise, a free platform like Blogger or Tumblr would do the trick for starters. I'd use my blog to build a list using free promotional methods (forums, social, guest blogging, to name but a few). Mailchimp - an autoresponder- used to have a free trial and deliverability was pretty good - I'd have to check on that now. I'd start monetizing with affiliate products or adsense (I'd leave building my own products for later on). In any case, developing a strategy is a good thing, but I'd advice your friend not to overdo it and fall into paralysis out of fear and uncertainty. Money will start rolling in in a few months, maybe sooner.

In any case, this is just ONE way to go that I know for a fact that works. Again, I don't know the specifics of your friend's situation, so I can't go into more details here. Also, he should know there are plenty of details to take care of as there would be with any business, but he should rest assured none of these potential problems are insurmountable, as long as he's willing to put some time and effort into it.

If I can help your friend in any other way just ask, or tell him to feel free and contact me by mail any time.

Thank u sir. I wil really discuss at length with him especially on the blogging part for him to earn extra income and also in putting extra effort and strategies to break out in his career.
Re: What Can He Do To A Career He Has No Money To Fund by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 09, 2016
CDCrecords:
#INSPIRED, #TALENTED, #ZEALOUS Here is an OPPORTUNITY to be sponsored and showcase what you've got, we can connect you to the world via different social media platform at our label. CDC Records is a fast rising label and we wants fresh and blazing talent who wants nothing but stardom and will pioneer the label to the NEXT PHAZE. Good tunes brings good music and we are moved by doing good music business.
For more info and participation details: +234 902 608 2918, +44 113 320 2118, email: cdcrecords@mail2sound.com or like our facebook page at: Capital-DreamCity Records.
thank you very much for your post. I will actually show this to my friend, i hope you will be able to help him in life, his career path is along the music lane and he is good with it thou, just needed some touch which i believe will refine him into a big star for the advancement of your company and him too. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: What Can He Do To A Career He Has No Money To Fund by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 09, 2016
JamesKenneth:

ok, Mr. JamesKenneth, i have spoken at length to this my friend especially on the blogging part, actually his career lies in the music path, and he wonders what he will be blogging about but i have tried to make him see so many ways he can be blogging on music. I tried to advice him not to give up on his career because anything can happen at any time. Thank you so much for the advice and the love you showed, may the Good Lord continue to be at your side sir.
Re: What Can He Do To A Career He Has No Money To Fund by JamesKenneth: 2:40pm On Oct 17, 2016
Tosinex:
ok, Mr. JamesKenneth, i have spoken at length to this my friend especially on the blogging part, actually his career lies in the music path, and he wonders what he will be blogging about but i have tried to make him see so many ways he can be blogging on music. I tried to advice him not to give up on his career because anything can happen at any time. Thank you so much for the advice and the love you showed, may the Good Lord continue to be at your side sir.

No problem, my friend.

Sure, there are plenty of subjects related to music he could blog about. I'd give him a bit of advice though on how to find them, if you don't mind.

- First, I'd visit a few of the most popular forums related to music. There I'd try to determine what the most popular subjects are, which are the most common questions other people have, etc.

- Then, I'd go to Amazon and check the most popular books in this niche. Also, I'd check the best-sellers for magazines on the subject. (You bet if someone is running an offline publication on a regular basis, there are readers and advertisers there)

- After that, I'd use the adwords keywords tool here https://adwords.google.com/KeywordPlanner (don't worry, it's free, you just have to sign in) and check exact match searches for the most popular subjects you found in the 2 steps above. Also, I'd go to Google (Google.com, Google.uk; not just Google.com.ng) and check how many websites appear in the first 10 results which have these subjects in the title and url. Obviously, the less optimized results, the better.

- Finally I'd make 10 posts around the best evergreen subjects found. I'd put the keywords in the title and make sure it appears in the url and a couple of times (not more) in the body. Make these 10 articles about 1500 words each; after that they can be shorter. From then on, I'd keep on reading what's being asked in forums, magazines, etc. for new ideas.

You can always monetize with adsense or affiliate products from Clickbank.com. Also, see what other folks in the niche are already doing! That's a great way to come up with ideas for blog posts and products - not saying he should copy, just use it to fuel his own creative process.

Anyways, there's plenty more, but this is a simple version anyone with enough commitment and a little knowledge can follow.

Re: What Can He Do To A Career He Has No Money To Fund by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 20, 2016
JamesKenneth:

No problem, my friend.

Sure, there are plenty of subjects related to music he could blog about. I'd give him a bit of advice though on how to find them, if you don't mind.

- First, I'd visit a few of the most popular forums related to music. There I'd try to determine what the most popular subjects are, which are the most common questions other people have, etc.

- Then, I'd go to Amazon and check the most popular books in this niche. Also, I'd check the best-sellers for magazines on the subject. (You bet if someone is running an offline publication on a regular basis, there are readers and advertisers there)

- After that, I'd use the adwords keywords tool here https://adwords.google.com/KeywordPlanner (don't worry, it's free, you just have to sign in) and check exact match searches for the most popular subjects you found in the 2 steps above. Also, I'd go to Google (Google.com, Google.uk; not just Google.com.ng) and check how many websites appear in the first 10 results which have these subjects in the title and url. Obviously, the less optimized results, the better.

- Finally I'd make 10 posts around the best evergreen subjects found. I'd put the keywords in the title and make sure it appears in the url and a couple of times (not more) in the body. Make these 10 articles about 1500 words each; after that they can be shorter. From then on, I'd keep on reading what's being asked in forums, magazines, etc. for new ideas.

You can always monetize with adsense or affiliate products from Clickbank.com. Also, see what other folks in the niche are already doing! That's a great way to come up with ideas for blog posts and products - not saying he should copy, just use it to fuel his own creative process.

Anyways, there's plenty more, but this is a simple version anyone with enough commitment and a little knowledge can follow.

wow wow..this is such a brilliant blogging advice i personally have ever heard, sure it will have cost much to get this advice somewhere else, thanks a bunch Mr Jameskenneth, you're blessed Sir.
Re: What Can He Do To A Career He Has No Money To Fund by JamesKenneth: 4:14pm On Oct 20, 2016
Tosinex:
wow wow..this is such a brilliant blogging advice i personally have ever heard, sure it will have cost much to get this advice somewhere else, thanks a bunch Mr Jameskenneth, you're blessed Sir.

Hey, thank you very much. No problem.

BTW, here I leave you a link to another thread where I give a little more info on internet marketing. It's not exactly about blogging, but it still applies and I guess it could be useful to your friend: https://www.nairaland.com/3411165/here-really-earns-50-100#50249061

(Just search for my post down the line)

All the best.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Random Collection Of Photos/quotes That Will Get You Motivated. / Almost 30 But Need A Banking Job / Difference Between A Technician And An Engineer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.