Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,481 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:22 AM

Millionaire Discovers He Married His Granddaughter But Won’t Divorce Her - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Millionaire Discovers He Married His Granddaughter But Won’t Divorce Her (1739 Views)

7 Virgins: Man Who Married His Sister In Anambra Undergoing Spiritual Cleansing / Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos / I Would Divorce Her- My Wife Is Callous (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Millionaire Discovers He Married His Granddaughter But Won’t Divorce Her by Vaxt(m): 6:28am On Oct 03, 2016
[b]A new groom was left shocked after realizing his bride is actually his biological grand daughter .The couple made the shocking discovery three months after tying the knot while flicking through a photo album when they realized the man’s estranged son was also the bride’s father. According to the man,his first wife took all his children away and despite employing private investigators to find them,he never did . He then married a second wife and had more children but got divorced again.Years later, he won millions of dollars in a lottery and his life changed.He realized he was lonely because the only ones who visited were his ex wife and children who always asked for money . He then signed up to a dating site where he met his new wife who turned out to be his granddaughter. The man, who doesn’t want to be named, proposed his grandaughter on New Year’s Eve after they met through an online dating website. But the 68-year-old millionaire has said he has no plans to divorce his 24-year-old wife because he already has two failed marriages behind him. He told Florida Sun Post: “It was like a sense of deja vu, but at the time I couldn’t figure out why she seemed so familiar.” Three months after they tied the knot, the couple reportedly discovered their family connection while looking through family pictures. The bride said: “When I saw my father in that photo album, I just felt an overwhelming sense of despair.”Shockingly, the pair have no plans to divorce and will instead try to make their marriage work. The man said: “ I’ve already had two failed marriages, and I’m determined not to have a third.” His bride added: “Every couple is different and special in their own ways. I feel our bond is so strong that even something like this is not enough to make us give up.”[/b]

Re: Millionaire Discovers He Married His Granddaughter But Won’t Divorce Her by Sunnymatey(m): 6:40am On Oct 03, 2016
We are all related somehow and somewhere. Read the 1st five books of the old testament.
Re: Millionaire Discovers He Married His Granddaughter But Won’t Divorce Her by DrRasheed: 6:44am On Oct 03, 2016
Hahaha... Lacking word to say...lets try this.. AWKWARD.
Re: Millionaire Discovers He Married His Granddaughter But Won’t Divorce Her by southernbelle(f): 6:44am On Oct 03, 2016
Oops
Re: Millionaire Discovers He Married His Granddaughter But Won’t Divorce Her by segebase(m): 7:11am On Oct 03, 2016
end tym marriage
Re: Millionaire Discovers He Married His Granddaughter But Won’t Divorce Her by menxer: 7:42am On Oct 03, 2016
Will divorce solve the problem?

If Abraham married his father's daughter, Sarah, and we are still blessed, what's the issue with a man marrying his grand daughter?

Incest was once a honorable thing.
Re: Millionaire Discovers He Married His Granddaughter But Won’t Divorce Her by weselomo(m): 7:59am On Oct 03, 2016
nawaoooooo
Re: Millionaire Discovers He Married His Granddaughter But Won’t Divorce Her by Vaxt(m): 9:28am On Oct 03, 2016
menxer:

If Abraham married his father's daughter, Sarah, and we are still blessed, what's the issue with a man marrying his grand daughter?

hmmmm
Re: Millionaire Discovers He Married His Granddaughter But Won’t Divorce Her by Opistorincos(m): 9:53am On Oct 03, 2016
This is wrong on so many levels
Re: Millionaire Discovers He Married His Granddaughter But Won’t Divorce Her by Vaxt(m): 10:35am On Oct 03, 2016
Opistorincos:
This is wrong on so many levels
really expansiate
Re: Millionaire Discovers He Married His Granddaughter But Won’t Divorce Her by jashar(f): 10:49am On Oct 03, 2016
People fail to realise that in the olden times, there weren't so many people to choose from as regards a marriage partner.

undecided

How many people dey world that time? Maybe a thousand.

But after awhile sef in those olden times, it became forbidden to marry close relatives.

True story.

Leviticus 18:6-18.

So, what are you saying? undecided

1 Like

Re: Millionaire Discovers He Married His Granddaughter But Won’t Divorce Her by Vaxt(m): 5:07pm On Oct 03, 2016
jashar:
People fail to realise that in the olden times, there weren't so many people to choose from as regards a marriage partner.

undecided

How many people dey world that time? Maybe a thousand.

But after awhile sef in those olden times, it became forbidden to marry close relatives.

True story.

Leviticus 18:6-18.

So, what are you saying? undecided
so u will do the same?
Re: Millionaire Discovers He Married His Granddaughter But Won’t Divorce Her by jashar(f): 8:29pm On Oct 03, 2016
Vaxt:
so u will do the same?
undecided

Maybe I wasn't clear. No.

undecided

I was talking about those people citing people inter marrying within the same family.
Re: Millionaire Discovers He Married His Granddaughter But Won’t Divorce Her by Vaxt(m): 7:34am On Oct 04, 2016
jashar:
undecided

Maybe I wasn't clear. No.

undecided

I was talking about those people citing people inter marrying within the same family.

ok
Re: Millionaire Discovers He Married His Granddaughter But Won’t Divorce Her by NevetsIbot(m): 5:41pm On Oct 04, 2016
When an old man decides to marry someone way younger than himself.

Awkward!
Re: Millionaire Discovers He Married His Granddaughter But Won’t Divorce Her by Ishilove: 5:05am On Oct 05, 2016
menxer:

Stop being a pervert. Sarah was his cousin, not sister. Incest has always and will always be an abomination.
Re: Millionaire Discovers He Married His Granddaughter But Won’t Divorce Her by menxer: 7:05am On Oct 05, 2016
Ishilove:

Stop being a pervert. Sarah was his cousin, not sister. Incest has always and will always be an abomination.

Name calling will not erase what is written in the Bible, neither what you choose to ignore or demonize.
Post your reference where it says "cousin"

Genesis 20:12

New International Version
Besides, she really is my sister, the daughter of my father though not of my mother; and she became my wife.

New Living Translation
And she really is my sister, for we both have the same father, but different mothers. And I married her.

English Standard Version
Besides, she is indeed my sister, the daughter of my father though not the daughter of my mother, and she became my wife.

New American Standard Bible
"Besides, she actually is my sister, the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother, and she became my wife;

King James Bible
And yet indeed she is my sister; she is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife.
Re: Millionaire Discovers He Married His Granddaughter But Won’t Divorce Her by Ishilove: 8:57am On Oct 05, 2016
menxer:

Name calling will not erase what is written in the Bible, neither what you choose to ignore or demonize.
Post your reference where it says "cousin"

Genesis 20:12

New International Version
Besides, she really is my sister, the daughter of my father though not of my mother; and she became my wife.

New Living Translation
And she really is my sister, for we both have the same father, but different mothers. And I married her.

English Standard Version
Besides, she is indeed my sister, the daughter of my father though not the daughter of my mother, and she became my wife.

New American Standard Bible
"Besides, she actually is my sister, the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother, and she became my wife;

King James Bible
And yet indeed she is my sister; she is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife.
The terms “sister” and “brother” are used freely in the Bible, just as the terms “father” and “son.” Jesus, for example, was the “son” (i.e., descendant) of David (Matt. 21:15).

“Sister” means a near relative, but it does not as such indicate the degree of nearness we understand by the word “sister.” Lot, Abraham’s nephew, is called a “brother” (Gen. 14:12, 16). Likewise, “daughter” can mean granddaughter or great granddaughter.
Considering the age to which Abraham lived (hundreds of years before Moses, Gen. 25:7), it is possible that he married only a granddaughter on his father’s side, or even a niece or grand niece.

In any event, there is no proof that Abraham’s marriage to Sarah violated any existing incest law.
Re: Millionaire Discovers He Married His Granddaughter But Won’t Divorce Her by masseratti: 10:38am On Oct 05, 2016
Ishilove:

The terms “sister” and “brother” are used freely in the Bible, just as the terms “father” and “son.” Jesus, for example, was the “son” (i.e., descendant) of David (Matt. 21:15).

“Sister” means a near relative, but it does not as such indicate the degree of nearness we understand by the word “sister.” Lot, Abraham’s nephew, is called a “brother” (Gen. 14:12, 16). Likewise, “daughter” can mean granddaughter or great granddaughter.
Considering the age to which Abraham lived (hundreds of years before Moses, Gen. 25:7), it is possible that he married only a granddaughter on his father’s side, or even a niece or grand niece.

In any event, there is no proof that Abraham’s marriage to Sarah violated any existing incest law.
brilliant, abeg barman give that girl a bottle of odeku, no she too fine oya go buy ice. Cream and frosty chocolate vanilla strawberry fruity cake come give am.

1 Like

Re: Millionaire Discovers He Married His Granddaughter But Won’t Divorce Her by menxer: 3:03pm On Oct 05, 2016
Ishilove:

What are you arguing?
What does the daughter of my father mean?

In your mind, you think the Hebrew language, as complex as it is, does not differentiate between brother, son, nephew, grandson, etc?
SMH

Please don't be blinded by what you want to believe.

(1) (Reply)

#HelpTobiloba: Two Months Old Boy Needs Help To Stay Alive. / Can You Allow Ur Mother In Law To Breast Feed Ur Child??? / This Is How We Are Encouraging Rape Culture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.