Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,584 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Programmers Pls Help A Beginner! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Programmers Pls Help A Beginner! (1329 Views)

Here Is Why You Should First Learn Python As A Beginner In Programming / I Want To Learn Programming, What Are The Things Needed As A Beginner / I Want To Hire A Beginner Who Is Willing To Learn New Skills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Programmers Pls Help A Beginner! by busycollins(m): 2:52pm On Oct 03, 2016
After trying to develop this application for over a week writing numerous codes and I decided to test my app by using the default.aspx as start page ,this is the error I got please were can I start looking for this bugs.

Re: Programmers Pls Help A Beginner! by elfico(m): 8:16pm On Oct 03, 2016
Check your connections string in the web.config file.
I am a bit curious as to how you developed for over a week without running the application.

1 Like

Re: Programmers Pls Help A Beginner! by busycollins(m): 7:39am On Oct 04, 2016
@elfico am a beginner just learnt the fundamental of C# programming I want to put what have learnt to build a useful application like a store application were you can shop for items.
Re: Programmers Pls Help A Beginner! by elfico(m): 9:01am On Oct 04, 2016
busycollins:
@elfico am a beginner just learnt the fundamental of C# programming I want to put what have learnt to build a useful application like a store application were you can shop for items.
Ok. Nevertheless, you should try and debug you app from time to time as it will enable you catch errors when they happen.
did you check the connection string?
Re: Programmers Pls Help A Beginner! by busycollins(m): 9:49am On Oct 04, 2016
elfico:

Ok. Nevertheless, you should try and debug you app from time to time as it will enable you catch errors when they happen.
did you check the connection string?

I did seems to be okay I put in breakpoint and ran in debug mode to see were it fails till now haven't seen no errors yet?
Re: Programmers Pls Help A Beginner! by elfico(m): 1:04pm On Oct 04, 2016
Can you paste your connectionstring here?

And which of the .NET technologies are you using? Webforms or MVC? C# or VB?
Re: Programmers Pls Help A Beginner! by FincoApps(m): 12:56am On Oct 05, 2016
Truly, the error is likely with your connection-string... Maybe a stray quote so I suggest you paste it here.

You can also try adding @ in front of the connection-string string
Or replace all double " with single ' in the string
Re: Programmers Pls Help A Beginner! by busycollins(m): 10:32pm On Oct 05, 2016
@elfico this is the screenshot of my connection string

Re: Programmers Pls Help A Beginner! by busycollins(m): 10:34pm On Oct 05, 2016
elfico:
Can you paste your connectionstring here?

And which of the .NET technologies are you using? Webforms or MVC? C# or VB?
Using webforms and c# as language
Re: Programmers Pls Help A Beginner! by francollimasso: 10:47pm On Oct 06, 2016
Check your dbcontext

(1) (Reply)

10 Concept Every Software Developers Should Know Before 2018 / Mobile Learning / Vb.net Project Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.