Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? - Culture (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? (35936 Views)

Poll: Proud to be a citizen of Nigeria?

Yes: 80% (111 votes)
No: 19% (27 votes)
This poll has ended

Why Are You Proud To Be Nigerian? / Igbo Kwenu! Kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady / Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by AlRaheem(m): 6:06am On Apr 09, 2008
Hello to u all!
@Spicie, it is possible the old man was not lying.  Cuz u c my father had a best friend we call Baba Ghana, our neighbor who lived in lagos w/us.  This man yoruba and accent was as my Pa(ibadan).  along w/mom they all spoke multiple languages.,  Which is one of the few things i am most proud of most nigerians.  Our ability to easily spk two or more languages
Hausa
french
Arabic                                             
English
igbo
Big up Guys!!!
now present more complex things please? because we need it urgently!!!
4 we are gods. makers and creators of things like the Lord our Host!!
Let's Excel
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by booboos: 1:01pm On Apr 22, 2008
When I was 9 years old, my family moved to Europe. I have lived in Europe for the past 14 years and it seems my time away from Nigeria only deepened my love for my home country.I have travelled a lot and had the privilege to observe other cultures, mentalities and way of life, at the end of the day I love Nigeria even more. I always tell my mom that I would prefer to marry a Nigerian man because I love my heritage so damn much. I love being around Nigerians because we are truly a rare people. Nigerians have such a wonderful sense of humour (I have laughed until I peed my pants many times) we are intelligent and hard working. In short, we are a fun people! Other African countries know this because they hate on Nigeria/Nigerians so much it amazes me.

I will always represent Nigeria even if I complain about it every now and then. It is still my hometown and I love it.

NAIJA 4 LIFE smiley
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by rite2salas(m): 4:55pm On Apr 23, 2008
Nigeria all the way baaaaaaaaaaby cool cool cool cheesy
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by subice(m): 7:46pm On Apr 25, 2008
Definitely. Love my country for life!
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by TCUBE(m): 7:38am On Apr 26, 2008
hmm, i'll get back to you on this one,
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by Nwaka77: 2:06pm On Apr 27, 2008
TCUBE:

hmm, i'll get back to you on this one,

grin
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by PrincessMo(f): 10:47pm On Apr 27, 2008
I'm proud to be NIGERIAN but highly embarassed
and saddened by the continious downhill fall that
our country's economy and other areas always
experience. We like to think that we are developing.
I say we are STAGNANT and not moving anywhere!!
Our day is coming, the day serious people take over
and do serious things is coming!!!

No matter what I'm proud of ma Nigerian heritage
and I always put the fact that I'm Nigerian first before
talking about my South African heritage or being born
in France because I feel more connected to Nigeria.
I lived there, drank the water, ate the food, learned the languages.
I can't deny that I'm Nigerian!!!! LONG LIVE NIGERIA!!! wink
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by CYclone1(f): 6:47am On Sep 23, 2008
I'm proud to be a Nigerian.
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 28, 2008
young lady i think i have the right to reply to whatever that pleases me, u are the biggest of all fools( no shame) come out here talking about how ashamed u are, and rightly so it seems.

It took me more than a year to see this reply but it's never too late to tell you you are an idiot with capital I! Look at this product of a licking condom. Na who send you come internet? Mistake of nature.

Fool. Be proud of a country where you have to lift your skirt to every man to get where you want.
Be proud of a country where they justify cruel acts in the name of culture.
Be proud of a country where they'd rather push the truth under the carpet to save the face of the rich.
Be proud of a country that doesn't give a damn about you and could care less if you lived of died.
Be proud, be proud. Be proud of being born into the pit of humanity.

Nonsense!
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by JJYOU: 7:33pm On Dec 28, 2008
michelin89:

It took me more than a year to see this reply but it's never too late to tell you you are an idiot with capital I! Look at this product of a licking condom. Na who send you come internet? Mistake of nature.

Fool. Be proud of a country where you have to lift your skirt to every man to get where you want.
Be proud of a country where they'd rather push the truth under the carpet to save the face of the rich.
Be proud of a country that doesn't give a damn about you and could care less if you lived of died.

Nonsense!
ogao  the young lady don vex abi.  michelle merry Christmas and a happy new year to you. na christmas be this no let people give youtemperature
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by zmurda(m): 7:41pm On Dec 28, 2008
michelin89:

Nonsense!

There you go ranting rubbish and proud of it! Cursing on the internet, and wishing you were from another country that they will never accept you. How come you listed only 6 defects not to be proud of? Why did you not add more? Tell me there is nothing to be proud of about Nigeria?
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Dec 28, 2008
JJYOU:

ogao the young lady don vex abi. michelle merry Christmas and a happy new year to you. na christmas be this no let people give youtemperature

z-murda:

There you go ranting rubbish and proud of it! Cursing on the internet, and wishing you were from another country that they will never accept you. How come you listed only 6 defects not to be proud of? Why did you not add more? Tell me there is nothing to be proud of about Nigeria?

I don speal my mind.

Merry Xmas jor!
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by okunoba(m): 4:20pm On Dec 29, 2008
we are who we are, non of us chose to be from a place, faith did. I don`t have to be proud of being Nigerian, but it helps ones self esteem to be confortable with your heritage and not be in denial. I am Nigerian and that is me, though I was born in England.
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 29, 2008
^^^ Never a truer word was spoken.
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by MadMax1(f): 9:05pm On Dec 29, 2008
It's not easy being Nigerian now. People act like you're on probation for being Nigerian. And you experience a few things that sadden and anger you. But I don't have to 'prove' myself 'untainted' by Nigerianness to anyone. I like who I am and where I'm from. You have problems with that, too bad.
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by milkcoffee: 9:28pm On Dec 29, 2008
I`m half German and half Nigerian.
If people ask me where i come from i tell them proud and loud from NIGERIA. cool wink
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by Heinz(m): 12:29am On Dec 31, 2008
yeah thrz nothin like being Nigerian, and not just Nigerian Extremely Nigerian wink
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by Nobody: 6:07am On Dec 31, 2008
Why do you think I come to this board? cause I love Nigeria so much!!! I've been bashed of not being a patriotic Canadian  cause I wear 9ja4life  T-shirts. I always tell them: I was born and raised in Nigeria I moved to Canada when I was 19 and now that  I'm 23 and Canadian, I should just forget about 22 years of my life? cause I was Nigerian until I turned 23. Even my Jamaican friends are learning pijin English. You have to lift Nigeria before anyone can help lift it. I make my girl laugh in pijin so much, I get a french kiss after the jokes. I just hope the separatists don't succeed cause the name Naija is the best ever said.  Where you want de proud of? America? even white South Africans are quick to say I'm African when I meet them in Toronto. Why are black girls quick to say they are Jamaicans? even Jamaicans generally refer to themselves as Africans.
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by IGWEUSA(m): 9:42am On Dec 31, 2008
plz don't mind the black white supremacists grin grin
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by slimfine(f): 8:10pm On Jan 04, 2009
how can you not be proud or love of where you are from. To me that is just hopeless!!!

I Love nigeria becuase after God, it is the source of my origin.
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by Nobody: 1:03am On Jan 05, 2009
slimfine:

how can you not be proud or love of where you are from. To me that is just hopeless!!!

I Love nigeria becuase after God, it is the source of my origin.

Nigerians! Any excuse is good to rain abuses on people who don't agree with you.

Well since we are in theme, let me also tell you that you rather look hopeless to me. Proud of a hopeless nation also makes you hopeless!
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by bronxdog: 1:04am On Jan 05, 2009
michelin89:

Nigerians! Any excuse is good to rain abuses on people who don't agree with you.

Well since we are in theme, let me also tell you that you rather look hopeless to me. Proud of a hopeless nation also makes you hopeless!

I think you are the hopeless one - they say na bastard people they take left hand point to his/her father's house.
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by Nobody: 1:06am On Jan 05, 2009
bronx_dog:

I think you are the hopeless one - they say na bastard people they take left hand point to his/her father's house.

Oh, make una dey cry na! I say I nor dey proud. Una go kill me?
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by netotse(m): 1:19am On Jan 05, 2009
@question
yes, when i'm not on NL watching nigerians display their intelligence(or lack of it!)
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by Nobody: 1:21am On Jan 05, 2009
netotse:

@question
yes, when i'm not on NL watching nigerians display their intelligence(or lack of it!)

cry cry cry cry
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by slimfine(f): 7:01am On Jan 05, 2009
Good or bad, I love my native country Nigeria kiss cool. I may not agree with its politics just like I dislike Bush's administration. That country gives me a sense of pride. some of you may go on causing/hating us who love our country, it does not change a damn thing!
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by Wumine(f): 12:40pm On Jan 19, 2009
I am very very very proud to be a Nigerian.
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by Sapphic: 8:23pm On Jan 29, 2009
I am bloody embarrassed to be a Nigerian. I used to be proud to be one, but not anymore.
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by ladykool(f): 9:45pm On Feb 03, 2009
Sapphic:

I am bloody embarrassed to be a Nigerian. I used to be proud to be one, but not anymore.
wat a dissapointment

i am proud to be a nigerian even some carribeans here wish they could be like we nigerians but they cant even compare.
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by huxley(m): 12:45am On Feb 04, 2009
What is there to be proud about? What is there really?
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by Sapphic: 4:25am On Feb 04, 2009
huxley:

What is there to be proud about? What is there really?

Abeg help me ask o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25)

Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! / All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight / Photos From 2021 Osun Osogbo Festival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.