Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,790 members, 7,813,611 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) - Culture (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) (43747 Views)

Killers Of Python In Calabar: Handling Snake Is Our Culture; no charms or juju / Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know / Can Black Magic(juju)be Sent To Someone Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by vertueptime: 8:15pm On Aug 25, 2017
[quote author=ashjay001 post=59824014][/quote]
U tried but i can photoshop u into a pix with that, somethng concrete, i dnt blame ur efforts cos cultist hardly do anythng openly
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by PastorAji(m): 8:22pm On Aug 25, 2017
2009 post in 2017?

These was when we have meaningful discussion and logical arguments unlike these days......

2 Likes

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by ultron12345: 8:42pm On Aug 25, 2017
jtigwell0:
why not.?
like I said earlier, you are free to continue in your ignorance

2 Likes

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by jtigwell0: 8:52pm On Aug 25, 2017
ultron12345:
like I said earlier, you are free to continue in your ignorance
he thinks am a christian grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by ashjay001(m): 8:52pm On Aug 25, 2017
vertueptime:

U tried but i can photoshop u into a pix with that, somethng concrete, i dnt blame ur efforts cos cultist hardly do anythng openly

That was a pics from inside his home. Prominently displayed at d entrance.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by ashjay001(m): 9:06pm On Aug 25, 2017
armyofone:
The sad thing is that Africans use the juju for only evil and bad things. If juju is real, then I wish they use it for building good roads, schools, homes, better the society etc juju doesn't want anything good or benefiting. They die with the knowledge because it was and is a bad knowledge.

Oyibo juju didnt get roads built!

Africans are a race of pple who are quite superstitious and put too much faith religious deities.

What we lack is men who have visions of developmental progress.

Men who prefer to establish tv stations instead of using d funds to acquire d latest automobiles.

1 Like

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by sirfee(m): 9:53pm On Aug 25, 2017
gotnel:

Everything about spiritual power is a secret. King Opobo and his co African Kings of that era known what they know for their own protection while the white man know something better than what the African kings and warriors know.
It is like that in the beginning and still remained so till now.
Evolution is a continuous things generally. What is known today bring in what we are today. Tomorrow knowledge will make life better than how we live today.
I concur with you that evolution is a continuous thing generally but for me spiritual power is over flogged and overhyped in this part of the world.Is there any correlation between spiritual power and superstition?
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by sevenhundred(m): 10:09pm On Aug 25, 2017
[quote author=OAM4J post=4749893]@ RichyBlack.

Its ok that Mr. whitehouse did it and nothing happened. That has not made juju a fraud. ...........................................................If anybody say there is no juju in Africa most especially Nigeria, it is like saying no more mosquistoes or polio in Africa!!!! My brother fear AFRICA JUJU!!!!
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by rinzaugustine: 10:26pm On Aug 25, 2017
following
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by gnss(m): 10:40pm On Aug 25, 2017
Check other post of the op ,He is always making research and looking for what to back his Non Belief on African Juju ,Everyone has the right to belief something or disbelief it , Its funny when one becomes desperate to create an atmosphere to convince others of what he believes ,Its very simple and very Practical @ op there is no Juju right ? Juju is a fraud right ? Why not leave all these Theories and let's go practical .Bring any of your family member ,take him for a good medical check up to ascertain he does not suffer any life threatening disease/Infections ,invite at least two Nairalanders to withness , Its going to be in a Public place ,A juju ring will be used to hit that your family member on the body slightly let see if he won't be Unconscious bringing out foams from His mouth .Leave Grammar ,Theories ,Just let's be practical .U don't need to come up here trying to dodge the reality .Just let's go practical .Nonsense
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by konfused: 12:33am On Aug 26, 2017
This is a clear example of NL metamorphosis, just go through the front page and see how matured and civil the discuss was, compare and contrast 2009 to 2017.......8yrs later

1 Like

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by elda2303(m): 12:49am On Aug 26, 2017
RichyBlacK:

I accept this description of juju - remaining in the psychological.

However, some people believe that a human corpse can turn to crisp naira, dollar and pound notes if left in a coffin following certain juju instructions. This is absolutely impossible.

I think I agree with a lot of what u said but not the above assertion... resarch well you would be stunned.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by akigbemaru: 1:39am On Aug 26, 2017
RichyBlacK:
Page 412
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by thoth: 2:00am On Aug 26, 2017
Those were the days Nairaland made sense, now it's always about Tiwa Savage and Hushpupi.

2 Likes

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by redsun(m): 3:21am On Aug 26, 2017
Nigerians are in zombie state at moment, irrespective of whether they christians,moslems or juju practitioners. The mind set in the country is so destructively primitive and it is leading the country into oblivion.

All organised religious practices are delusional,primitive, and self destructive,however, African religion has some practical benefits when applied appropriately by seasoned practitioners, i.e,the use of potent herbs for the healing various ailments.

It is not the religions we practice as a people that is our problem, but our state of mind that stoically refuse to evolve. We live in a world where we have little understanding of or control over,yet we want to develop and stay alive,it is not possible. We can't eat our cakes and have them,we cannot be dormant mentally and expect to be active practically.

2 Likes

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by Exciton(m): 4:14am On Aug 26, 2017
Haha. 15 pages arguing over that which is so fücking obvious!

I wonder when we'll dump all these supernatural BS and start thinking of real development.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by luckyogor(m): 7:15am On Aug 26, 2017
Only ignorant people fall prey to danger,believe in the non-existence of spirituality at your own peril,pray that you dont learn from a bitter experience.

1 Like

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by aputel: 8:49am On Aug 26, 2017
RichyBlacK:

You're wrong in your conclusion. You did not take into account the effect of religion, particularly Christianity in Southern Nigeria.

Christian teachings and those juju-based belief systems had their share of differences, and these differences created tension in many communities. One consequence of this was the wholesale rejection of many juju-based practices. The Christian teaching of Christ being the ultimate and final sacrifice made it un-Christian to shed any blood as sacrifice for any form of atonement. The wide and deep penetration of Christianity in Southern Nigeria considerably reduced the numbers of those who believe that sacrificing a human was necessary for salvation.

So, how was it that Mr. Whitehouse destroyed two juju houses by himself: the Oyobulo juju and the Andoni Juju House?

This account is a historical fact archived in libraries all over the world.
You can do more than that now. You better don't walk into your death , I don't use juju but I know beyond all doubt that there is juju , and you can walk around and slap a tested Ogboni man ,you will be made to float in the air until you die
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 26, 2017
redsun:
Nigerians are in zombie state at moment, irrespective of whether they christians,moslems or juju practitioners. The mind set in the country is so destructively primitive and it is leading the country into oblivion.

All organised religious practices are delusional,primitive, and self destructive,however, African religion has some practical benefits when applied appropriately by seasoned practitioners, i.e,the use of potent herbs for the healing various ailments.

It is not the religions we practice as a people that is our problem, but our state of mind that stoically refuse to evolve. We live in a world where we have little understanding of or control over,yet we want to develop and stay alive,it is not possible. We can't eat our cakes and have them,we cannot be dormant mentally and expect to be active practically.

Hmmm.... Do you still stand by what you wrote 6 years ago:

redsun:
Believing in juju is no different from believing in islamic doctrines or christian doctrines,all to me are delusional but means the world to the adherents.

I identify with juju because it is african but i don't believe in all the cock and bull stories about it,believing it is just like believing in magic,illusion,all in the mind and eyes.

Though there are potencies in herbs and plants when applied by experts but that is as far as it goes in reality.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 26, 2017
Juju is one old con that may take a long time to stop fooling naïve and gullible Nigerians.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by Seun4blue(m): 12:00pm On Aug 26, 2017
I will only make one comment about it, if Juju is a fraud or not and leave you to decide! The man who destroyed those two Juju houses Mr Whitehouse wrote this article after he went back home...
Please find out what ends life!
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by Seun4blue(m): 12:04pm On Aug 26, 2017
I will only make one comment about it, if Juju is a fraud or
not and leave you to decide! The man who destroyed those Juju houses, Mr Whitehouse wrote this article after he
went back home...
Please find out its aftermath.. What type of end he has
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by Tellemall: 12:40pm On Aug 26, 2017
claremont:
This thread was started back when Nairaland wasn't a coven of tribalists, unlike today. It was a very well-researched debate amongst enlightened people prior to the invasion of Nairaland by the tribalists and bigots. Unfortunately, it's almost impossible to see threads like this on Nairaland these days. The politics section has been taken over by rampaging and bigoted tribalists, thirsty and desperate young men mingle with disease-riddled 'slay queens' in the romance section, the travel section has also witnessed a dearth of well-reasoned debateable threads.

On the subject matter, I agree 'juju' claims are 100% fraudulent. The same way I also agree ALL religious claims are fraudulent. There is absolutely no evidence to support any claim by any religion/juju, and this pours cold water on an objective reason for believing in any religion/juju/god. 'Juju' and all forms of religious beliefs were historically invented and used as a tool of suppression and control. This also explains why there is a direct correlation between superstitious beliefs and lack of societal development in most African countries, Africans cannot even use their so-called 'juju' to better themselves.

Your first paragraph was bearable. And then the second one came.

Please, what is the definition of "juju" in this context?

Why do you pin it on Africans alone?

Are you not aware of spiritual rituals all over the globe? Because you believe it to be associated with Africa, and thus backwardness, your points of argument cannot be taken seriously.

Indians, Chinese, Americans etc all have this "juju" thing.

Mingle more.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by vertueptime: 5:15pm On Aug 26, 2017
ashjay001:

That was a pics from inside his home. Prominently displayed at d entrance.

I dnt knw wat to say, its just like knowing most civil servants steal when they get d chance, but only the ones caught are thieves

1 Like

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by TheEminentLaity: 2:40pm On Aug 27, 2017
aputel:

You can do more than that now. You better don't walk into your death , I don't use juju but I know beyond all doubt that there is juju , and you can walk around and slap a tested Ogboni man ,you will be made to float in the air until you die
grin cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by Kobicove(m): 9:21am On Aug 28, 2017
Those who believe in the existence of Juju should please provide incontrovertible evidence of its existence undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Happy Easter 2015 Wishes, Messages, Quotes / Cross Cultural Marriage:interesting Tweets From White Lady Married To A Nigerian / Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment ....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.