Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,262 members, 7,811,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:13 PM

Top 7 Most Contradicting Verses In The Bible. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Top 7 Most Contradicting Verses In The Bible. (1666 Views)

Contradicting Prophecies Abound On Anambra Governorship Election Outcome / This Verses In The Bible Shows Jesus Was Not Crucified / Top 10 Most Popular Verses In The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 7 Most Contradicting Verses In The Bible. by eyidaythedon(m): 12:36am On Oct 04, 2016
The bible which is supposed to be God's word should be error free right? But why are there so many mistakes or conflicting verses.
Here are some examples of the conflicting verses "you can pick up ur bible to verify these claims"
1. II Samuel 8 : 4
And David took from a thousand chariots and seven hundred horsemen, and twenty thousand footmen...
I Chronicles 18 : 4
And David took from him a thousand chariots and seven thousand horsemen, and twenty thousand footmen...
Q. Seven hundred or seven thousand?

2. II Samuel 8 : 9-10
When toi, king of Hamath, heard that David had smitten all the host of Hadadezer, then Toi sent joram, his son, unto king David to salute him and to bless him, because he had fought against Hadadezer and had smitten him, for Hadadezer had wars with Toi. And Joram took with him vessels of silver, and vessels of gold, and vessels of brass.
I Chronicles 18 : 9-10
Now when Tou, king of Hamath, heard how David had smitten all the host of Hadarezer, king of Zobah, he sent Hadoram, his son, to king David to enquire of his welfare and to congratulate him, because he had fought against Hadarezer and had smitten him (for Hadarezer had made war with Tou); and with him all manner of vessels of gold and silver and brass.
Q. Toi or Tou, Joram or Hadoram, Hadadezer or Hadarezer?
3. I Samuel 10 : 18
And the Syrians fled before Isreal, and David slew the men of seven hundred chariots of the Syrians, and forty thousand horsemen, and smote Shobach, the captain of their host, who died there.
I Chronicles 19 : 18
But the Syrians fled before Isreal, and David slew of the Syrians seven thousand men which fought in chariots, and forty thousand footmen, and killed Shophach, the captain of their host.
Q. Seven hundred chariots or seven thousand men in chariot? Forty thousand horsemen or footmen, Shobach or Shophach?

4. II Kings 8 : 26
Two and twenty years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign.
II Chronicles 22 : 2
Forty and two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign.
Q. Twenty-two or forty-two years

5. II Kings 24 : 8
Jehoiachim was eighteen years old when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem three months.
II Chronicles 36 : 9
Jehoiachim was eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned three months and ten days in Jerusalem.
Q. Eighteen years or eight years? Three months or three months and ten days?

6. II Samuel 23 : 8
These be the names of the mighty men whom David had: The Tachmonite that sat in the seat, chief among the captains; the same was Adoni the Eznite: he lifted up his spear against eight hundred, whom he slew at one time.
I Chronicles 11 : 11
And this is the number of the mighty men who David had: Jashobean, an Hachmonite, the chief of the captains; he lifted up his spear against three hundred slain by him at one time.
Q. Tachmonite or Hachmonite? Eight hundred or three hundred?

7. II Samuel 24 : 1
And again the anger of the Lord was kindled against Isreal, and he moved David against them to say: "Go, number Isreal and Judah."
I Chronicles 21 : 1
And Satan stood up against Isreal, and provoked David to number Isreal.
Q. Is satan the Lord of David?
You can add some more you have spotted
With all this i am begining to consider the possibilities of the bible not been God's word cos God is supposed to be perfect or how can a perfect being eack such imperfect words or allow those writing it make so much mistakes if he already knew they would cos christians claims that He is omniscient. Still confused, may be theists in the house will shed more light on how mistakes got into the words of a [b]The bible which is supposed to be God's word should be error free right? But why are there so many mistakes or conflicting verses.
Here are some examples of the conflicting verses "you can pick up ur bible to verify these claims"
And David took from a thousand chariots and seven hundred horsemen, and twenty thousand footmen...
And David took from him a thousand chariots and seven thousand horsemen, and twenty thousand footmen...

When toi, king of Hamath, heard that David had smitten all the host of Hadadezer, then Toi sent joram, his son, unto king David to salute him and to bless him, because he had fought against Hadadezer and had smitten him, for Hadadezer had wars with Toi. And Joram took with him vessels of silver, and vessels of gold, and vessels of brass.
Now when Tou, king of Hamath, heard how David had smitten all the host of Hadarezer, king of Zobah, he sent Hadoram, his son, to king David to enquire of his welfare and to congratulate him, because he had fought against Hadarezer and had smitten him (for Hadarezer had made war with Tou); and with him all manner of vessels of gold and silver and brass.
And the Syrians fled before Isreal, and David slew the men of seven hundred chariots of the Syrians, and forty thousand horsemen, and smote Shobach, the captain of their host, who died there.
But the Syrians fled before Isreal, and David slew of the Syrians seven thousand men which fought in chariots, and forty thousand footmen, and killed Shophach, the captain of their host.
Q. Seven hundred chariots or seven thousand men in chariot? Forty thousand horsemen or footmen, Shobach or Shophach?

Jehoiachim was eighteen years old when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem three months.
Jehoiachim was eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned three months and ten days in Jerusalem.

These be the names of the mighty men whom David had: The Tachmonite that sat in the seat, chief among the captains; the same was Adoni the Eznite: he lifted up his spear against eight hundred, whom he slew at one time.
And this is the number of the mighty men who David had: Jashobean, an Hachmonite, the chief of the captains; he lifted up his spear against three hundred slain by him at one time.

And again the anger of the Lord was kindled against Isreal, and he moved David against them to say: "Go, number Isreal and Judah."
With all this i am begining to consider the possibilities of the bible not been God's word cos God is supposed to be perfect or how can a perfect being eack such imperfect words or allow those writing it make so much mistakes if he already knew they would cos christians claims that He is omniscient. Still confused, may be theists in the house will shed more light on how mistakes got into the words of a [/b]The bible which is supposed to be God's word should be error free right? But why are there so many mistakes or conflicting verses.

With all this i am begining to consider the possibilities of the bible not been God's word cos God is supposed to be perfect or how can a perfect being eack such imperfect words or allow those writing it make so much mistakes if he already knew they would cos christians claims that He is omniscient. Still confused, may be theists in the house will shed more light on how mistakes got into the words of a perfect GOD.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 7 Most Contradicting Verses In The Bible. by excellencyabia1: 6:39am On Oct 04, 2016
when ever one is looking for a mistake, he will find one

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Most Contradicting Verses In The Bible. by Les: 6:50am On Oct 04, 2016
let not your heart be troubled, God is perfect but the vessel, man, He uses is imperfect so mistakes are bound to happen. it's been happening right since the time of Adam, to Abraham down to Moses including David, the man after Gods own heart and to you and I. I'll advise to study the scripture more, especially the new testament, and be transformed by the renewing of your mind rather than to focus on the disparity between numbers and letters

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 7 Most Contradicting Verses In The Bible. by promise101: 7:07am On Oct 04, 2016
Les:
let not your heart be troubled, God is perfect but the vessel, man, He uses is imperfect so mistakes are bound to happen. it's been happening right since the time of Adam, to Abraham down to Moses including David, the man after Gods own heart and to you and I. I'll advise to study the scripture more, especially the new testament, and be transformed by the renewing of your mind rather than to focus on the disparity between numbers and letters

I am sorry to say that they know this more than you do. Just that they want to mock and impeach what they labelled as non existent imaginary being. That's all!
Re: Top 7 Most Contradicting Verses In The Bible. by Les: 7:15am On Oct 04, 2016
promise101:

I am sorry to say that they know this more than you do. Just that they want to mock and impeach what they labelled as non existent imaginary being. That's all!
oh, my brother is an atheist, i so wish him well.
Re: Top 7 Most Contradicting Verses In The Bible. by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 04, 2016
Ok, so now u spotted d mistakes what next?
Re: Top 7 Most Contradicting Verses In The Bible. by malvisguy212: 11:17am On Oct 04, 2016
1. You miss the context their, These are two different men. "Hadarezer" is the son from who David took 7000 horsemen. Hadarezer Rehob was the father of Haderezer from who David took 700 horsemen.
2. The names are the Jewish form of the same names.
3. 2 Samuel tells us it is the men OF 700 chariots while 1st Chronicles tells us it is 7000 men who fought in chariots. The fact that there were 7000 men over 700 chariots fighting in chariots, tells us, there were 10 men assigned to a chariot. Battles drug on for long periods of time. The chariot riders would tire so someone else would have to take over
4. In the Septuagint, both verses read 22. However, there is a possible alternative.
5. Jehoachin's father,Madehim, became an unofficial co- ruler at the age of eight to train him! This was followed with Jehoachin becoming officially the king at his father's death at 18 years of age!
6."Now these be the last words of David." This tells us that the list in II Samuel 23 was compiled at the end of David's life. But when we read I Chronicles 11, we discover that this list encompasses the time period when "David waxed greater and greater" (vs. 9). Thus the list in I Chronicles 11 was compiled early in David's reign, and the list in II Samuel 23 was compiled at the end of his reign.
Once we recognize this distinction between the
two lists, the differences between them start to
make more sense. First, the men in these lists
were all soldiers, so we would expect the list to
grow shorter as various men lost their lives in
battle. And second, if we had a complete catalog of all the accomplishments of each man on these lists, we would expect the later list to contain at least a few accomplishments which surpassed the greatest accomplishment on the earlier list.
7. God had warn david not to number israel. David look back to his victory and was full of pride, the devil know that if david number israel, it will anger the Lord. On the other hand, God wanted to brought david down on his knell so He allow satan to tempt david to number israel.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 7 Most Contradicting Verses In The Bible. by eyidaythedon(m): 11:31pm On Oct 04, 2016
Les:
If God is perfect, the question is why will he ever allow his words create so much confusion even the bible says that he cherish his words than his name.

2 Likes

Re: Top 7 Most Contradicting Verses In The Bible. by eyidaythedon(m): 11:38pm On Oct 04, 2016
malvisguy212:
1. You miss the context their, These are two different men. "Hadarezer" is the son from who David took 7000 horsemen. Hadarezer Rehob was the father of Haderezer from who David took 700 horsemen.
3. 2 Samuel tells us it is the men OF 700 chariots while 1st Chronicles tells us it is 7000 men who fought in chariots. The fact that there were 7000 men over 700 chariots fighting in chariots, tells us, there were 10 men assigned to a chariot. Battles drug on for long periods of time. The chariot riders would tire so someone else would have to take over
4. In the Septuagint, both verses read 22. However, there is a possible alternative.
5. Jehoachin's father,Madehim, became an unofficial co- ruler at the age of eight to train him! This was followed with Jehoachin becoming officially the king at his father's death at 18 years of age!
6."Now these be the last words of David." This tells us that the list in II Samuel 23 was compiled at the end of David's life. But when we read I Chronicles 11, we discover that this list encompasses the time period when "David waxed greater and greater" (vs. 9). Thus the list in I Chronicles 11 was compiled early in David's reign, and the list in II Samuel 23 was compiled at the end of his reign.
battle. And second, if we had a complete catalog of all the accomplishments of each man on these lists, we would expect the later list to contain at least a few accomplishments which surpassed the greatest accomplishment on the earlier list.
7. God had warn david not to number israel. David look back to his victory and was full of pride, the devil know that if david number israel, it will anger the Lord. On the other hand, God wanted to brought david down on his knell so He allow satan to tempt david to number israel.
good excuses though, explained as though you wrote the words but not all that satisfied with it though

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Most Contradicting Verses In The Bible. by Seun(m): 12:11am On Oct 05, 2016
Les:
let not your heart be troubled, God is perfect but the vessel, man, He uses is imperfect so mistakes are bound to happen.
Knowing that the bible is riddled with errors, how can you be sure that the key verses you rely on for your salvation are not also erroneous?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 7 Most Contradicting Verses In The Bible. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:27am On Oct 05, 2016
malvisguy212:

Honestly bro , I think Christians should ignore threads on "contradictions" - they keep repeating the same things over and over again no matter how many times they have been addressed .

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Most Contradicting Verses In The Bible. by hahn(m): 12:46am On Oct 05, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Honestly bro , I think Christians should ignore threads on "contradictions" - they keep repeating the same things over and over again no matter how many times they have been addressed .

Blame your god for that. It has refused to say anything new since man developed the camera

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 7 Most Contradicting Verses In The Bible. by hahn(m): 12:52am On Oct 05, 2016
excellencyabia1:
when ever one is looking for a mistake, he will find one

Please go to a primary school close to you and search for the mistakes in the maths textbook of a primary 1 student.

Then compare the amount of contradictions you find in it to the contradictions in the bible

2 Likes

Re: Top 7 Most Contradicting Verses In The Bible. by hahn(m): 12:55am On Oct 05, 2016
promise101:

Don't forget "incompetent, savage, barbaric, genocidal, tribalistic, confused, porn addicted, racist, bigotted" as well

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Most Contradicting Verses In The Bible. by Les: 4:31am On Oct 05, 2016
eyidaythedon:
If God is perfect, the question is why will he ever allow his words create so much confusion even the bible says that he cherish his words than his name.
who told you those things you pointed out create any confusion. As a matter of fact, I got to know many of that in this thread. Just grab the message it's passing across and move on.
Re: Top 7 Most Contradicting Verses In The Bible. by Les: 5:00am On Oct 05, 2016
Seun:
Knowing that the bible is riddled with errors, how can you be sure that the key verses you rely on for your salvation are not also erroneous?
believe me, you can't know God unless He leads you and you have to submit to Him by faith. And salvation comes by faith in the name of Jesus Christ. The bible is powerful enough to do anything but your spirit has to be the one reading the word not your eyes. When your spirit is the one reading, believe me, you'll see beyond what your eyes sees. And so many things happen when you study the word by your spirit and not just with your sense;
you are transformed,
There's this inexpressible joy within you.
There's this assurance that you are saved
And so on. And in this case, you don't see any errors.
Re: Top 7 Most Contradicting Verses In The Bible. by eyidaythedon(m): 6:00am On Oct 05, 2016
Les:
who told you those things you pointed out create any confusion. As a matter of fact, I got to know many of that in this thread. Just grab the message it's passing across and move on.
You mean just accept it dogmatically even when it says 2 + 2 equals 22.

2 Likes

Re: Top 7 Most Contradicting Verses In The Bible. by eyidaythedon(m): 6:05am On Oct 05, 2016
Les:
believe me, you can't know God unless He leads you and you have to submit to Him by faith. And salvation comes by faith in the name of Jesus Christ. The bible is powerful enough to do anything but your spirit has to be the one reading the word not your eyes. When your spirit is the one reading, believe me, you'll see beyond what your eyes sees. And so many things happen when you study the word by your spirit and not just with your sense;
you are transformed,
There's this inexpressible joy within you.
There's this assurance that you are saved
And so on. And in this case, you don't see any errors.
Thats is the most deriding, illogical and stupid part of religion or christianity rather....Faith

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 7 Most Contradicting Verses In The Bible. by malvisguy212: 6:33am On Oct 05, 2016
eyidaythedon:
good excuses though, explained as though you wrote the words but not all that satisfied with it though
The reply was not for you, I know you will disagree.
Re: Top 7 Most Contradicting Verses In The Bible. by malvisguy212: 6:36am On Oct 05, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

thank you my brother, long time, happy to know you are alright.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 7 Most Contradicting Verses In The Bible. by malvisguy212: 6:42am On Oct 05, 2016
Seun:
All the prophet and apostles teaches salvation and their teaching are same to each other, NO one go out of line. The contradiction the op list are numbers and names, he miss the point completely. David took 700 chariot and in 1 samuel this 700 chariot are fill with 7000 men, but the op call it a contradiction.

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Most Contradicting Verses In The Bible. by Blackfire(m): 7:24am On Oct 05, 2016
Seun:

sometimes I wonder why u created NL is to ridicule Jesus Christ.

if we talk now u go ban us.... not that I care anymore.

this your NL is riddled with confusion. let me ask u how many people are active member here? how many are really male or female? why are u so sacred of Islamic mujahadins... is it there fatwa?

like I said all u can do is banned me....

I am black fire.. never forget that.
Re: Top 7 Most Contradicting Verses In The Bible. by chiedu7: 7:29am On Oct 05, 2016
eyidaythedon:
The bible which is supposed to be God's word should be error free right? But why are there so many mistakes or conflicting verses.

With all this i am begining to consider the possibilities of the bible not been God's word cos God is supposed to be perfect or how can a perfect being eack such imperfect words or allow those writing it make so much mistakes if he already knew they would cos christians claims that He is omniscient. Still confused, may be theists in the house will shed more light on how mistakes got into the words of a [b]The bible which is supposed to be God's word should be error free right? But why are there so many mistakes or conflicting verses.

With all this i am begining to consider the possibilities of the bible not been God's word cos God is supposed to be perfect or how can a perfect being eack such imperfect words or allow those writing it make so much mistakes if he already knew they would cos christians claims that He is omniscient. Still confused, may be theists in the house will shed more light on how mistakes got into the words of a [/b]The bible which is supposed to be God's word should be error free right? But why are there so many mistakes or conflicting verses.

With all this i am begining to consider the possibilities of the bible not been God's word cos God is supposed to be perfect or how can a perfect being eack such imperfect words or allow those writing it make so much mistakes if he already knew they would cos christians claims that He is omniscient. Still confused, may be theists in the house will shed more light on how mistakes got into the words of a perfect GOD.

Did Jesus marry a 6yr old baby? angry
Re: Top 7 Most Contradicting Verses In The Bible. by RobinHez(m): 8:01am On Oct 05, 2016
chiedu7:

Did Jesus marry a 6yr old baby? angry
No! Why do you ask? angry
Re: Top 7 Most Contradicting Verses In The Bible. by Les: 8:40am On Oct 05, 2016
eyidaythedon:
Thats is the most deriding, illogical and stupid part of religion or christianity rather....Faith
unfortunately for you but beautifully for us, that's the power plant of a Christian. You are blessed kiss
Re: Top 7 Most Contradicting Verses In The Bible. by Les: 8:52am On Oct 05, 2016
eyidaythedon:
You mean just accept it dogmatically even when it says 2 + 2 equals 22.
why not ask yourself why the word says so, ask God to reveal the mystery of his Words to you. Lemme leave you with a scripture ••
Ps 91:Though a thousand may fall beside you, and a multitude on your right side, it will not reach you. Is that ever possible in your eyes, no because you see it literally but to me, that's the reason I'm alive. Believe me, I would have been an atheist if I hadn't experienced the power of God personally. Finally, just tell God you don't wanna be an atheist anymore that you want to know Him and you will mean, believe me, you will never ask such questions Again. Gracias kiss
Re: Top 7 Most Contradicting Verses In The Bible. by Les: 8:54am On Oct 05, 2016
Blackfire:

sometimes I wonder why u created NL is to ridicule Jesus Christ.

if we talk now u go ban us.... not that I care anymore.

this your NL is riddled with confusion. let me ask u how many people are active member here? how many are really male or female? why are u so sacred of Islamic mujahadins... is it there fatwa?

like I said all u can do is banned me....

I am black fire.. never forget that.
are you a Christian or a black fire?? kiss
Re: Top 7 Most Contradicting Verses In The Bible. by Blackfire(m): 9:07am On Oct 05, 2016
Les:
are you a Christian or a black fire?? kiss

are u a les or a male?
Re: Top 7 Most Contradicting Verses In The Bible. by Les: 9:11am On Oct 05, 2016
malvisguy212:
All the prophet and apostles teaches salvation and their teaching are same to each other, NO one go out of line. The contradiction the op list are numbers and names, he miss the point completely. David took 700 chariot and in 1 samuel this 700 chariot are fill with 7000 men, but the op call it a contradiction.
one thing I love this guys is that they can ask questions but the problem there is that the ask wrong questions. They ask questions to destroy and not to build. Until they start asking questions that would lead them heavenward in Christ, we would keep on seeing topics like this. kiss

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Most Contradicting Verses In The Bible. by Les: 9:15am On Oct 05, 2016
Blackfire:

are u a les or a male?
lol, at least, my contributions here don't dispute who I'm. But yours do, Christians don't threaten, we love ❤. Learn to love those who persecute you,ok? smiley
Re: Top 7 Most Contradicting Verses In The Bible. by reallest(f): 9:49am On Oct 05, 2016
"I don't seem to see any contradiction here"dis is what u should expect from dem because dats d thinking of average Christian.op wait till they invade ur thread with long epistle of lie
Re: Top 7 Most Contradicting Verses In The Bible. by Eddlad: 11:05am On Oct 05, 2016
eyidaythedon:

But the Syrians fled before Isreal, and David slew of the Syrians seven thousand ml .

If the bible was truly engineered by man to trick the masses into believing that a supreme being exists, am sure they would have read through at least once to correct errors least someone raises eyebrows as to how a supreme being would make such blunders.

They aren't "errors", but would you accept Christianity anymore than you don't if it didn't have "blunders"?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Church Universities Are Expensive Part 2 / How Apostle Johnson Suleman Prophesied School Girls Kidnap And Others / A Man Of God In 1973 Predicted The Happenings Of Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 171
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.