Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,079 members, 7,811,020 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Go Fix Your Problem: Buhari Is Not The Saviour - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Go Fix Your Problem: Buhari Is Not The Saviour (525 Views)

Restructuring Not Nigeria’s Problem – Buhari / Nigeria Is My Problem. - Buhari. / Efe Don Win So We Can Now Go Back To Our Problem Buhari Nd Apc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Go Fix Your Problem: Buhari Is Not The Saviour by MaverickExcel1(m): 5:00pm On Oct 04, 2016
“Your complaints, your drama, your victim mentality, your whining, your blaming, and all of your excuses have NEVER gotten you even a single step closer to your goals or dreams. Let go of your nonsense. Let go of the delusion that you DESERVE better and go EARN it! Today is a new day!”
― Steve Maraboli, Unapologetically You: Reflections on Life and the Human Experience

It comes as no surprise that “Buhari” has become the most used word by Nigerians these days. Wherever you go, you’d hear, Buhari this, Buhari that.

As you go to the market to buy stuff, every market man or woman blames the high price of commodities on Buhari. It’s quite funny that someone who was naturally stingy will blame Buhari for him not being able to give you something.

I became worried by this new trend of “Buharization” and have told myself that I won’t partake in this blame game. Since from inception, Nigerians have always been known for blaming the government for their misfortune, forgetting that they are actually the government.

But it happens that the rate of complaints has now grown especially with the recession. Even bad people will do terrible things and blame it on Buhari. The other day, a woman was arrested by the police for stealing her neighbour’s pot of soup. Her only excuse was “Buhari”. She blamed Buhari for making life difficult for her and her family which prompted her to steal.

Let’s be honest with ourselves.

Since, we started shouting “Buhari” what has really changed? Nothing! Instead, things just got worse. We’ve totally taken our productive time to sit with lazy bumps of nay-sayers to do nothing but complain.

I’m not denying the fact that things are hard. We are swimming in hard times. In fact, we have lost our strength to paddling a ruined ship. But shall we stop paddling because the ship is faulty or the sea is stormy?

No!

We would all drown if we do nothing but complain about the ship or the sailor!

I’m sorry that the change we all expected is not forthcoming. I’m also sorry that the mind-boggling magic we expected the “Change Prophet” to bring is a far cry.

Let me shock you.

No human government can completely and perfectly solve all human problems!

A country and her citizens will always have problems no matter how civilized and developed it is. Now, can you think of any developed country in the world who do not have problems? USA? UK? Hong Kong? Singapore? They are all battling with one problem or the other.

People commit suicide in those countries. People kill. People rape. People steal. People do wicked and abominable things in those “civilized” countries?

So, it is madness and a total waste of time to sit with some lazy NFAs (no future ambitions) and complain about the government.

The human government can not completely and perfectly solve all human problems because we are a bunch of depraved and selfish creatures who will always run into problems.

In fact, being a citizen of a developed country will not solve all your personal problems. You’d still have to work hard. You’d still need to hustle and grind to become successful.

It is only the average and mediocre people who wait for the government to come fix their problems. As long as they wait for the government, they will remain broke, poor and miserable.

If all the successful men and women we celebrate today were waiting for the government or waiting for when things will be all rosy and fair, we wouldn’t have known them. They’d just be average people living average lives in an unknown place in the world.

See, this not the time to play the blame game. You will never win!

This is time to take full responsibility for your life. It is time to be intentional about your dreams, goals and aspirations. This is time to work on yourself, brand and business. This is time to become a better and greater you.

When men say there’s a recession, you will say there’s a restoration.

Heck! I hate to sound like a preacher. But you get my point right?

“A good leader takes responsibility for all his actions. The first leadership you and I have been called into is self-leadership (as the bible has it in the book of Genesis – be fruitful and multiply).

There can be no fruitfulness without visions, goals, relationships, etc. Also, you can’t reach the height of fruitfulness, influence & excellence in life if excuses are not far from your lips.

For you to maximize your potential, you will have to stop being so good at taking up excuses to defend your mistakes and decisions.”

– Abraham Ologundudu. Founder, Seasonedlifejournal.com

Excuses always seem like a valid reason to do or not to do something but they are usually the bane of our greatness in life. The moment you start making excuses, you create a mental barrier in your head which practically stops you from taking any positive action to achieve your goals in life.

You’d never become better in life if you do nothing but complain and agitate about this government or that government. Buhari, is definitely not your problem because while you’re sitting there whining and crying, someone is out there gathering all the money, building great businesses and breaking all the limits and boundaries.

Hustlers are in the street grinding and hustling. They just don’t care about the government.

Anytime you complain, you’re making a step backwards.

Every complain you make is like a prayer made to the devil.

“Complaining…(excessively) will leave you helpless, hopeless and victimised. Over time, the accumulation of these dissatisfactions and feelings of helplessness may have a negative impact on your mood, self-esteem and general mental health. Complaining too much can create negative energy which makes it hard to create a positive outcome.”

-M1pychology.com

How Not To Complain

Acknowledge the fact that complaining will not fix any of your problems.

Stay away from people who do nothing but complain about everything.

Change your view about the problems you’re facing. Maybe a new perspective will help you see things differently and adjust appropriately.

Take full responsibility for your life. Whatever happens to you is as a result of your personal choices and not the government.

Be grateful for everything no matter how trivial it is.

Avoid mindlessly agreeing with complainers.

Write down your specific problems and plan for a way to fix them. Is it money, get a job or start a business. Health? Eat well and exercise.

Walk away, take a deep breath and intentionally remain calm.

Go out of your way to help others.

Start working on your dreams and goals.

Associate with positive and inspiring people.

STOP COMPLAINING.

Re: Go Fix Your Problem: Buhari Is Not The Saviour by ElsonMorali: 5:05pm On Oct 04, 2016
You're right to an extent.

But government has a role to play by providing a conducive environment where people can thrive and be successful if they worked hard enough.

The previous governments of the last 16years and all the way down to Gowon's administration have failed miserable in this respect.

I guess the worst was the ever incapable and clueless Goodluck Jonathan, a president that should never have been.

1 Like

Re: Go Fix Your Problem: Buhari Is Not The Saviour by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 04, 2016
No be buhari dey make promises upandan say
he go make $1 at par with #1?
No be buhari say he go revert fuel price to #40?
No be buhari say he go feed school children?
No be buhari say he go pay unemployed youth #5k if elected?
No be him dey preach "change!
Though no be him money sha.However,it is a breach of campaign promise.

1 Like

Re: Go Fix Your Problem: Buhari Is Not The Saviour by sekundosekundo: 5:15pm On Oct 04, 2016
Who do you want the masses to blame, Buhari promised them Heaven and Earth and if he want the masses to stop blaming him, he too should stop blaming his predecessors. In all ramifications Buhari should be blamed. A BIRD CRIED IN THE NIGHT AND THE CHILD DIED IN THE MORNING WHO DOESN'T KNOW THAT IT'S THE BIRD THAT KILLED THE CHILD.

1 Like

Re: Go Fix Your Problem: Buhari Is Not The Saviour by Sibrah: 5:19pm On Oct 04, 2016
Booked

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerians Begging Okonjo-iweala To Help Buhari? By Bade / Is Nigeria A Failed State? / Aisha Buhari Publicity Stunt On BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.