Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Let's Be Honest Php Sucks When Building Enterprise Applications - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Let's Be Honest Php Sucks When Building Enterprise Applications (5252 Views)

Let's Be Honest, The Number Of Programmers We Have In Nigeria Is Exagherrated / Nigeria Sucks On Programming. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Be Honest Php Sucks When Building Enterprise Applications by FrankLampard: 6:26am On Oct 06, 2016
FincoApps:

Wetin larisoft do naw cheesy
grin kiss
Re: Let's Be Honest Php Sucks When Building Enterprise Applications by FrankLampard: 6:29am On Oct 06, 2016
islam1001:

Boss there is not one big company that runs on "Pure" PHP, the day a big company tries it, that day blackhat hackers would hold a big Bash!!

Bro any site is very much hackable. It all depends on the developer here.
Re: Let's Be Honest Php Sucks When Building Enterprise Applications by kingofthejungle(m): 6:38am On Oct 06, 2016
FrankLampard:

I know for sure that people love to argue a lot in this forum.

builtwith.com can't tell lies, computer can't tell lies.

In All those link you posted there is no Google engineer, both past and present answered it.

Lastly, so you don't think more than one programming language can be used for a specific purpose.

I tire for our mentality self. Slave to oyibo small boys. Nawa.
both past and present engineers answered the questions

1 Like

Re: Let's Be Honest Php Sucks When Building Enterprise Applications by seunthomas: 6:39am On Oct 06, 2016
On this issue of security, if una no go vex, let me explain somethings.

No language is actually more secure than another language. Contrary to popular belief, security is actually not built into the language(am open to alternative views sha).

So you cant say Java is more secure than PHP or C# is more secure than Java.

Although some languages are type safe like Java. But that in itself is not overall security.

So a java application is likely to be hacked as much as a php application.

But the openness(source code) of some languages make them easy targets.

Also some languages by default have security features implemented in their libraries/frameworks.

Although execution speed "wise" Java,C#,python,ruby are faster than php5, because php is interpreted(interpretation is slower).

Enterprise applications require support from a well known vendor, that is why banks will pick Java or c# first because they can get support from the IBM's,Oracle's and Microsoft's or their partners.
Re: Let's Be Honest Php Sucks When Building Enterprise Applications by FrankLampard: 7:26am On Oct 06, 2016
kingofthejungle:
both past and present engineers answered the questions

Point them to me.
Re: Let's Be Honest Php Sucks When Building Enterprise Applications by FrankLampard: 7:32am On Oct 06, 2016
seunthomas:

No language is actually more secure than another language. Contrary to popular belief, security is actually not built into the language(am open to alternative views sha).

So you cant say Java is more secure than PHP or C# is more secure than Java.

Although some languages are type safe like Java. But that in itself is not overall security.

So a java application is likely to be hacked as much as a php application.

But the openness(source code) of some languages make them easy targets.

Also some languages by default have security features implemented in their libraries/frameworks.

Although execution speed "wise" Java,C#,python,ruby are faster than php5, because php is interpreted(interpretation is slower).

Enterprise applications require support from a well known vendor, that is why banks will pick Java or c# first because they can get support from the IBM's,Oracle's and Microsoft's or their partners.

Simple.

Because of PHP's 100% open source nature. It is been maintained by everyone, that can write codes, so Hackers can look through all of its source codes to see how it security features were implemented.

Java on the other hand, though open source, but only being maintained by the company's that owns it.
The source codes to Java can't be found anyhow.
Re: Let's Be Honest Php Sucks When Building Enterprise Applications by kingofthejungle(m): 7:46am On Oct 06, 2016
FrankLampard:

Point them to me.
see one

Google is a very big company, and it also gives its engineers a large degree of freedom in choosing their tools. Most (but not all) low level server-side software is written in C++. Performance is of crucial importance when you operate hundreds of thousands of servers - 10% code optimization can result in saving millions of dollars. In extremely rare cases, some critical parts of the code are even written in assembly. Java is used extensively for higher level server-side code: consumer-facing UI, for example. As anywhere, if you're working on UI at Google, JavaScript is a must. Python is the de facto language of internal infrastructure tools. It's very flexible, and makes it easy to create data files which are themselves Python code. For example, Google's build system is written in Python. Mondrian (code review system) is, too. Python has been becoming more and more popular for writing Web-servers, as well, although I'm pretty sure all the big stuff (GMail, Maps, Google+ etc.) is in Java. These are the main 3. I'm sure you'll find almost any language used by some team in some experiment at some point, but these three are the ones that accumulated very large codebases that Google maintains and re-uses.
Re: Let's Be Honest Php Sucks When Building Enterprise Applications by FrankLampard: 7:48am On Oct 06, 2016
kingofthejungle:

see one

Point the account to me not the write up, anybody can write this there. Use your head.
Re: Let's Be Honest Php Sucks When Building Enterprise Applications by FincoApps(m): 8:01am On Oct 06, 2016
FrankLampard:

Point them to me.

lol dude you are a doubting Thomas. I saw like 3 Google Engineers who replied.... I can't point out now since I closed the Links but you check it out
Re: Let's Be Honest Php Sucks When Building Enterprise Applications by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 06, 2016
seunthomas:

ITS NOT PHP, is like you saying scala is still JAVA because it runs on the JVM.

Scala and Java may be both JVM based, they are two clearly different languages in terms of verbosity and other factors.

HACK is simply "hacked PHP" (a dialect of PHP) built into a language for the HHVM, I remember a Facebook engineer mentioning that they use PHP but on steroids that even a regular PHP programmer will find difficult to understand. Their C/C++ engineers simply reworked PHP into their own version called HACK.
Re: Let's Be Honest Php Sucks When Building Enterprise Applications by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 06, 2016
seunthomas:

No language is actually more secure than another language. Contrary to popular belief, security is actually not built into the language (am open to alternative views sha).

You spoke absolute sense, I love your explanation.
I pointed this to the OP in another thread tho, I think it's up to the developer to make his product secure.
Security isn't built in, I agree, only the tools needed for security then It's up to the developer to figure out how he wants to secure his/her app.
Re: Let's Be Honest Php Sucks When Building Enterprise Applications by islam1001: 9:42am On Oct 06, 2016
FrankLampard:

Bro any site is very much hackable. It all depends on the developer here.

Oga U no go like go build etranzact with PHP.
Re: Let's Be Honest Php Sucks When Building Enterprise Applications by kingofthejungle(m): 11:46am On Oct 06, 2016
FincoApps:

lol dude you are a doubting Thomas. I saw like 3 Google Engineers who replied.... I can't point out now since I closed the Links but you check it out
mhen he makes seem there is no life outside php
Re: Let's Be Honest Php Sucks When Building Enterprise Applications by islam1001: 11:57am On Oct 06, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

You spoke absolute sense, I love your explanation.
I pointed this to the OP in another thread tho, I think it's up to the developer to make his product secure.
Security isn't built in, I agree, only the tools needed for security then It's up to the developer to figure out how he wants to secure his/her app.

interpreted languages are nothing close to as secure as languages that are converted in to bytecode, i am yet to find that hacker that can do sql injections on bytcode
Re: Let's Be Honest Php Sucks When Building Enterprise Applications by islam1001: 11:59am On Oct 06, 2016
kingofthejungle:

BOSS there are lands of milk and honey outside PHP ooo!
Re: Let's Be Honest Php Sucks When Building Enterprise Applications by FrankLampard: 12:10pm On Oct 06, 2016
islam1001:

Oga U no go like go build etranzact with PHP.

I just noticed you are a newbie. Bye

1 Like

Re: Let's Be Honest Php Sucks When Building Enterprise Applications by islam1001: 12:25pm On Oct 06, 2016
FrankLampard:

I just noticed you are a newbie. Bye

Dude YOU NO GO LIKE quit PHP and come and collect JAVA job with 350,000 gross from me
Re: Let's Be Honest Php Sucks When Building Enterprise Applications by FrankLampard: 3:21pm On Oct 06, 2016
islam1001:

Dude YOU NO GO LIKE quit PHP and come and collect JAVA job with 350,000 gross from me

Which company you dey work?
Re: Let's Be Honest Php Sucks When Building Enterprise Applications by FincoApps(m): 4:08pm On Oct 06, 2016
kingofthejungle:

hahahaha
Re: Let's Be Honest Php Sucks When Building Enterprise Applications by islam1001: 5:49pm On Oct 06, 2016
FrankLampard:

Which company you dey work?

send your cv first na
Re: Let's Be Honest Php Sucks When Building Enterprise Applications by FrankLampard: 10:00pm On Oct 06, 2016
islam1001:

send your cv first na

Oya wey your email make I send. I wan learn Java

(1) (2) (Reply)

Building A Word Scramble Game With Javascript (text Based) / If You Are A Developer, Take This Survey And Win $1000(New Survey ) / What Is Your Favorite IDE [lately]?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.