Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

Do I Need To Install Node.js In Order To Code With It ? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Do I Need To Install Node.js In Order To Code With It ? (1144 Views)

Is Node.js A Future??? / Google Teach Kids To Code With Programmable Lego-like Blocks / Android User Registration And Login Source Code With Complete Back-end Dashboard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Need To Install Node.js In Order To Code With It ? by teampregar(m): 11:32am On Oct 05, 2016
There is a project am working on nd i need to use node.js to complete it, i want to knw if i need to download a node.js software to code node.js(for example u need to download php to code with php, nd mysql server to use MYSQL queries), does node.js runs in the browser like javascript or do i need to download the software?
Note : this project will be used in a live production web server that i don't have full control of..
And if it needs a software to work, does an average shared webhosting server support node.js ??
Re: Do I Need To Install Node.js In Order To Code With It ? by tr3y(m): 3:23pm On Oct 05, 2016
You need to download node to use node just like php
Re: Do I Need To Install Node.js In Order To Code With It ? by Codenister: 10:48am On Oct 06, 2016
teampregar:
There is a project am working on nd i need to use node.js to complete it, i want to knw if i need to download a node.js software to code node.js(for example u need to download php to code with php, nd mysql server to use MYSQL queries), does node.js runs in the browser like javascript or do i need to download the software?
Note : this project will be used in a live production web server that i don't have full control of..
And if it needs a software to work, does an average shared webhosting server support node.js ??
Yes, you need to download and have nodejs installed - the same way you would with php.
When using nodejs, you are no longer writer client-side code (but server), just that you are still using the same normal JavaScript syntax
Re: Do I Need To Install Node.js In Order To Code With It ? by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 06, 2016
Dude, dont let them confuse you, NODE is like PHP.
Re: Do I Need To Install Node.js In Order To Code With It ? by Nobody: 7:36am On Oct 07, 2016
teampregar:

This is a weird question and one that shouldn't be asked outside. But let's ignore that yes you need Node to write Node and no Node runs on the machine not the browser. Its a runtime stuff and it talks to internal parts of your OS, however you should u understand how Node Event works and also the fact it's single thread meaning you cant do sh.it that blocks as its non blocking so asynchronous style of coding is going to be your friend
Re: Do I Need To Install Node.js In Order To Code With It ? by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 07, 2016
But why? when i first started NODE back then, I first thought it was a browser technology that makes you do backend stuffs.

(1) (Reply)

Deploy Laravel App To Shared Hosting / Why Are There No Much Nigerian Apps On The Apple And Android App Stores? / How Your Business Can Make One Million Naira In One Month.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.