Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,760 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Do You Really Love The Person You Married? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Really Love The Person You Married? (8534 Views)

Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? / Are You Married And Facing Challenges? Would You Like To Share To Help Others? / Marry and Grow In Love Or Marry The Person You Love, Which One Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Really Love The Person You Married? by JackBizzle: 4:47pm On Oct 20, 2016
Nancy2016:

Was it necessary to call her 'old cargo'? Didn't your mother teach you how to talk to ladies?

and the part where she called me a rat? Were you blind to it?

Please, stay in ur lane

2 Likes

Re: Do You Really Love The Person You Married? by JackBizzle: 4:48pm On Oct 20, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
After following you as logicboy for years, I have come to the conclusion that you have a thing for that lady. You just have a crazy way of displaying it. This might just be love and you know that true love is hard to find. Don't fight it bro. *runsoutofthread*

Ode, why did you run out of the thread...
Re: Do You Really Love The Person You Married? by Ishilove: 4:51pm On Oct 20, 2016
Nancy2016:

Was it necessary to call her 'old cargo'? Didn't your mother teach you how to talk to ladies?
It is his female relatives that are the old cargoes. wink

He stalks me on Nairaland but I've realised he is a pathetic, attention seeking little brat so I ignore him most times. On the rare occasions I throw bits of attention at him, he goes over the moon with joy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Do You Really Love The Person You Married? by JackBizzle: 4:58pm On Oct 20, 2016
Ishilove:

It is his female relatives that are the old cargoes. wink

He stalks me on Nairaland but I've realised he is a pathetic, attention seeking little brat so I ignore him most times. On the rare occasions I throw bits of attention at him, he goes over the moon with joy cheesy cheesy

If you are so sweet and stalkable, why are you still single? Clown
Re: Do You Really Love The Person You Married? by Ranchhoddas: 4:58pm On Oct 20, 2016
JackBizzle:

Ode, why did you run out of the thread...
You did not deny it. This is your chance to come out clean. She's clearly not sensitive to reverse psychology.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Really Love The Person You Married? by JackBizzle: 5:01pm On Oct 20, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
You did not deny it. This is your chance to come out clean. She's clearly not sensitive to reverse psychology.

See this monkey. You are the one that fancies her. Abegi, shift.
Re: Do You Really Love The Person You Married? by Ranchhoddas: 5:18pm On Oct 20, 2016
JackBizzle:

See this monkey. You are the one that fancies her. Abegi, shift.
I have impeccable instincts and you are yet to deny my allegations. Let's face it, she's smart, pretty and nasty on the side. Just what you desire in a dame. Delay is dangerous bro. Man up!!

2 Likes

Re: Do You Really Love The Person You Married? by simpleseyi: 5:20pm On Oct 20, 2016
inemani:
Capital YES! I love who I'm married to, not when we have Jesus Christ as our Sole, Solid and Family Foundation. We seek the face of God concerning any issue and also try our individual best to make our union work. His parents and mine are married well over 30 years and still together so why can't we?

The same statements Pastor and Pastor (Mrs) Chris Oyakhilome made few years ago. Same same same statements Pastor and Pastor (Mrs) Chris Okotie made few years ago. Lets just continue praying to God to let us remain together whether we love ourselves or not, once you enter the marriage, you don enter am be that, na that time your eyes go clear say Patako na master of Paali.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Really Love The Person You Married? by JackBizzle: 5:20pm On Oct 20, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I have impeccable instincts and you are yet to deny my allegations. Let's face it, she's smart, pretty and [size=14pt]nasty on the side[/size]. Just what you desire in a dame. Delay is dangerous bro. Man up!!

I fear the nasty part....... lipsrsealed

She is also religiously brainwashed. MFM/deeper life shocked
Re: Do You Really Love The Person You Married? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 20, 2016
tearoses:
Most of the issues arise because in the first instance people marry for the wrong reasons and choose to overlook a lot of important things during courtship assuming they even courted at all.

A lot of ingredients go into a marriage, not just love alone. The fear of God, Flexibility, integrity, trust, respect, communication, companionship, time, conflict resolution skills and many other things are very important too.

With the guy whose wife lied about her age, I can understand his disappointment and his wondering if anything else she says is true, I agree divorce is extreme, however reading between the lines he is hurting and it will take time for that hurt to go and the trust be restored.

You see; you can forgive a partner a million times and you should, however each episode erodes a part of the relationship and that is what causes the damage in the long term.
You could argue that if she really loved him too, she wouldn't have done anything to hurt him and that includes not lying to him grin

I agree there are many facebook foundation marriages abound that at the slightest wind, they fall apart like a stack of cards. Its because the foundation was flaky to start with
Its not the marriage that's the problem, its the foundation and that is what people should be taking more care on before saying I do. May God help us all

Thank you so much for this.

I'm not a supporter of divorce, but I also don't agree that marriage should involve one partner always forgiving the other and praying for a time when he will repent, realize his mistakes and reward her for being patient all these while.

She's also human with real emotions and we all know about the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. If you push someone to the wall the only way to go is back where she came from.

If only people will learn to be considerate in their actions, life will be much better for everyone.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Really Love The Person You Married? by baby124: 5:47pm On Oct 20, 2016
Ishilove:
Many times I refrain from dishing out marital advice because hey, I'm not qualified, but it just makes me mad when I see some youngsters commenting on marital issues.

There's one particular poster here who goes from thread to thread in this section dishing out bullshit. Initially I thought she was married, only to find out she wasn't and not only that, was lying about her age and maternal status (she lied she has a child). She's one of those who scream 'divorce' at every given opportunity.

There's another kid, about 23/24 from romance section who doesn't even have a girlfriend, yet I see him telling married folks how to solve their marital challenges.

Some years back I was gisted about one poster here, a married man who comes to this section, all sanctimonious and _shit, preaches, gives sound counsel on marital issues, meanwhile at home he's all shades of Tyson on his hapless wife. I was flabbergasted.

Do we talk about the married users who fell into coogar's sexual trap?

Or the user here, married to another user (they're separated now) who claims to be a bible thumper, spirit filled and born again, who gives 'sound counsel', is a feminist and all that tosh. She's spirit filled alright, just not the Holy Spirit. Lives on government benefits but comes online to present the perfect life.

My point is this: people marry for the wrong reasons and in this age of social media, they come online to seek counsel from individuals who don't even know what marriage is all about, or people who also married for wrong reasons, so how can contemporary marriages last?
So much tea, so much shade. Please help me decode please. I am so out of the loop.
Re: Do You Really Love The Person You Married? by Ranchhoddas: 5:48pm On Oct 20, 2016
JackBizzle:

I fear the nasty part....... lipsrsealed

She is also religiously brainwashed. MFM/deeper life shocked
I have decided to construe this comment as an agreement with my initial postulation.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Really Love The Person You Married? by JackBizzle: 5:56pm On Oct 20, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I have decided to construe this comment as an agreement with my initial postulation.

I see that you like imaginary things
Re: Do You Really Love The Person You Married? by inemani: 6:01pm On Oct 20, 2016
simpleseyi:

The same statements Pastor and Pastor (Mrs) Chris Oyakhilome made few years ago. Same same same statements Pastor and Pastor (Mrs) Chris Okotie made few years ago. Lets just continue praying to God to let us remain together whether we love ourselves or not, once you enter the marriage, you don enter am be that, na that time your eyes go clear say Patako na master of Paali.

Thank God you mentioned their names and even included their titles. Their cups of tea not mine, each to his own abeg! You can't tell me to enter a union when an iota of love is absent; love first, then other components associated with marriage.
Your method of preparation of ogbono soup differs from mine, same with the taste; but we all term it Ogbono Soup. This applies to every other form in nature. My marriage shall surely stand the test of time, yeah. So says the Creator of Marriage, garrit?
Re: Do You Really Love The Person You Married? by baby124: 6:08pm On Oct 20, 2016
Love alone is not enough. You have to be and act like someone worthy of love, respect and commitment. Otherwise it will all fall apart.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Really Love The Person You Married? by Ranchhoddas: 6:24pm On Oct 20, 2016
JackBizzle:

I see that you like imaginary things
I dare you to deny my claims in clear terms. State categorically that you have no designs on that lass and shut the gates of Ishi's kingdom to you forever. It's a dare.....Think carefully before you respond, your next reply might have dire consequences.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Really Love The Person You Married? by iwatch: 10:28pm On Oct 20, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
After following you as logicboy for years, I have come to the conclusion that you have a thing for that lady. You just have a crazy way of displaying it. This might just be love and you know that true love is hard to find. Don't fight it bro. *runsoutofthread*
LWKMD
Re: Do You Really Love The Person You Married? by An0nimus: 12:26am On Oct 21, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

See as you expose Logicboy minsitry. Not fair mehn sad

Ranchhoddas:
I dare you to deny my claims in clear terms. State categorically that you have no designs on that lass and shut the gates of Ishi's kingdom to you forever. It's a dare.....Think carefully before you respond, your next reply might have dire consequences.

LB na checkmate be this, don't take the bait grin
Re: Do You Really Love The Person You Married? by wonlasewonimi: 1:09am On Oct 21, 2016
This thread looks enticing....popcorn
Re: Do You Really Love The Person You Married? by JackBizzle: 2:42am On Oct 21, 2016
An0nimus:

See as you expose Logicboy minsitry. Not fair mehn sad

LB na checkmate be this, don't take the bait grin

Lol .

Why am I not surprised? Ishilove's strongest pantie washer is here in the form of An0nimus.
Re: Do You Really Love The Person You Married? by JackBizzle: 2:50am On Oct 21, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

Why should I deny it? I want you to continue feeling like a detective.

Nothing funnier than a fool being sure of his folly.
Re: Do You Really Love The Person You Married? by Nobody: 7:44am On Oct 21, 2016
At a certain point in marriage, you get bored, lose interest and want to be with another partner......that's why divorce is rampant smiley
Re: Do You Really Love The Person You Married? by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 21, 2016
I tire O! Infact most Nigerians don't like to mind their buisness and take other people's problem personally like it's their own life, they won't go and face their own problems undecided
Ranchhoddas:
The thing just tire me. People take this Nairaland too seriously,
Re: Do You Really Love The Person You Married? by Ranchhoddas: 8:16am On Oct 21, 2016
JackBizzle:

Why should I deny it? I want you to continue feeling like a detective.

Nothing funnier than a fool being sure of his folly.

I know say you no fit. I have impeccable instincts. Your silence is understood- Tacit assent.
Re: Do You Really Love The Person You Married? by JackBizzle: 8:20am On Oct 21, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I know say you no fit. I have impeccable instincts. Your silence is understood- Tacit assent.

You must be feeling smart.
Re: Do You Really Love The Person You Married? by Ranchhoddas: 8:50am On Oct 21, 2016
JackBizzle:

You must be feeling smart.
Not necessarily. I am just feeling like Sigmund Freud. I know I'd make an excellent psychoanalyst.
Re: Do You Really Love The Person You Married? by Teespice(f): 10:38am On Oct 21, 2016
JackBizzle:

You, madam are the biggest hypocrite that I have ever met.

Can you honestly maintain that you do not give relationship advice on nairaland frequently?

Jesus Christ! shocked shocked This woman!!

relationship advice and marital advice are two different things oga.

I doubt I have seen her give marital advice.
Re: Do You Really Love The Person You Married? by ajokeade920: 12:15pm On Oct 21, 2016
The thing is don't marry the person you Love but Love the person u marry. wink

1 Like

Re: Do You Really Love The Person You Married? by ajokeade920: 12:21pm On Oct 21, 2016
ItsQuinn:
At a certain point in marriage, you get bored, lose interest and want to be with another partner......that's why divorce is rampant smiley
And shld divorce be the easiest solution?At least,there are ways to spice up a boring ,unromantic relationship. cool
Re: Do You Really Love The Person You Married? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 21, 2016
Yea by having extra marital affairs, that way your marriage won't be boring and it will last long till death smiley
ajokeade920:
And shld divorce be the easiest solution?At least,there are ways to spice up a boring ,unromantic relationship. cool
Re: Do You Really Love The Person You Married? by ajokeade920: 1:34pm On Oct 21, 2016
ItsQuinn:
Yea by having extra marital affairs, that way your marriage won't be boring and it will last long till death smiley
Is this the kind of marriage life u plan for yourself?

1 Like

Re: Do You Really Love The Person You Married? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 21, 2016
I don't know smiley
ajokeade920:
Is this the kind of marriage life u plan for yourself?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Family Section Debate::: Please Vote for a topic of your choice. / I Ran Out Of Credit On My Prepaid Meter, Please What Do I Do? / Nigerian Men Have Failed Their Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.