Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,259 members, 7,839,311 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Christians Should Give Reasons For These - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Should Give Reasons For These (1191 Views)

Christian Dressing: Is There A Model Way Christians Should Dress? / "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis / Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Should Give Reasons For These by updatemachine: 6:50pm On Oct 05, 2016

Nairaland Christians, I think there should be some reasons for e following:

1. Why is the word "BIBLE" not mentioned in the bible...

2. Also the word "CHRISTIANITY" as a religion is no where to be found...

3. Lastly, there is no verse stating, that the bible is the word of God..

Or the bible is just a Because in Jew lang. It means "book"... Maybe holy was added to brand it as >> holy book..

Cc: seun
Re: Christians Should Give Reasons For These by falcon01: 6:58pm On Oct 05, 2016
kyap
Re: Christians Should Give Reasons For These by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 05, 2016
End time thread
Re: Christians Should Give Reasons For These by Ayo199(m): 7:50pm On Oct 05, 2016
from Genesis to Revelation, the Bible reads as one book. And there is incredible unity to the Bible. The Bible is one book, and yet it is made up of 66 books, was written by at least 40 different authors over a period of about 1600 years, in 13 different countries and on three different continents. It was written in at least three different languages by people in all professions. The Bible forms one beautiful temple of truth that does not contradict itself theologically, morally, ethically, doctrinally, scientifically, historically, or in any other way. did you know the Bible is the only book in the world that has accurate prophecy? When you read the prophecies of the Bible, you simply have to stand back in awe. There are over 300 precise prophecies that deal with the Lord Jesus Christ in the Old Testament that are fulfilled in the New Testament. To say that these are fulfilled by chance is an astronomical impossibility. the Bible is not a book of the month, but the Book of the Ages. First Peter 1:25 says: “But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the Word which by the gospel is preached unto you.” No book has ever had as much opposition as the Bible. Men have laughed at it, scorned it, burned it, ridiculed it, and made laws against it. But the Word of God has survived. And it is applicable today as much as it was yesterday and will be tomorrow.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians Should Give Reasons For These by alegbeleye(m): 7:52pm On Oct 05, 2016
If there is a need to defend a religion; I guess there is a problem with that religion. I rest my pen.
Re: Christians Should Give Reasons For These by updatemachine: 7:54pm On Oct 05, 2016
Ayo199:
from Genesis to Revelation, the Bible
reads as one book. And there is incredible unity
to the Bible. The Bible is one book, and yet it is
made up of 66 books, was written by at least 40
different authors over a period of about 1600
years, in 13 different countries and on three
different continents. It was written in at least
three different languages by people in all
professions. The Bible forms one beautiful
temple of truth that does not contradict itself
theologically, morally, ethically, doctrinally,
scientifically, historically, or in any other way.
did you know the Bible is the only book in
the world that has accurate prophecy? When you
read the prophecies of the Bible, you simply have
to stand back in awe. There are over 300 precise
prophecies that deal with the Lord Jesus Christ
in the Old Testament that are fulfilled in the New
Testament. To say that these are fulfilled by
chance is an astronomical impossibility.
the Bible is not a book of the month, but
the Book of the Ages. First Peter 1:25 says: “But
the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this
is the Word which by the gospel is preached
unto you.” No book has ever had as much
opposition as the Bible. Men have laughed at it,
scorned it, burned it, ridiculed it, and made laws
against it. But the Word of God has survived.
And it is applicable today as much as it was
yesterday and will be tomorrow.
mhen, I need answer to the above ...? Do u know Christian is a mockery word use by the Jews against the the Christian, just like calling an African black monkey overseas...
Re: Christians Should Give Reasons For These by Ayo199(m): 7:56pm On Oct 05, 2016
2 Tim 3:16 talks about the bible..
note also DAT the world christian was mentions 3rice in the bible Acts 11:26 ; Acts 26:28 ; 1 Peter
4:16 ). and I believe u knw the word of God is the bible

1 Like

Re: Christians Should Give Reasons For These by updatemachine: 7:56pm On Oct 05, 2016
alegbeleye:
If there is a need to defend a religion; I guess there is a problem with that religion. I rest my pen.
there is nothing to defend here bro, just reason(s)...
Re: Christians Should Give Reasons For These by updatemachine: 7:57pm On Oct 05, 2016
Ayo199:
note also DAT the world christian was mentions 3rice in the bible Acts 11:26 ; Acts 26:28 ; 1 Peter
4:16 ).
not talking about the bible, but where bible as a word is mentioned...

can u quote them out..?
Re: Christians Should Give Reasons For These by Ayo199(m): 8:02pm On Oct 05, 2016
updatemachine:

can u quote them out..?
bro argue wisely.. okkk read from 15 down to16 ..I believe u must not b asking DAT again..or if I may ask what is the holy Scriptures written der
Re: Christians Should Give Reasons For These by sekundosekundo: 8:03pm On Oct 05, 2016
updatemachine:

Nairaland Christians, I think there should be some reasons for e following:

1. Why is the word "BIBLE" not mentioned in the bible...

2. Also the word "CHRISTIAN" is no where to be found...

3. Lastly, there is no verse stating, that the bible is the word of God..

Or the bible is just a Because in Jew lang. It means "book"... Maybe holy was added to brand it as >> holy book..

Cc: seun

1. Don't check for it inside but on its body.

2. Check 1st Peter 4:16 kjv.

3. Check 2nd Timothy 3:16 kjv.
Re: Christians Should Give Reasons For These by sekundosekundo: 8:09pm On Oct 05, 2016
updatemachine:
mhen, I need answer to the above ...? Do u know Christian is a mockery word use by the Jews against the the Christian, just like calling an African black monkey overseas...

I am a christian and I cannot be deceived.
Re: Christians Should Give Reasons For These by updatemachine: 8:10pm On Oct 05, 2016
Ayo199:
bro argue wisely.. okkk read from 15 down to16 ..I believe u must not b asking DAT again..or if I may ask what is the holy Scriptures written der
sorry my auto complete took down CHRISTIAN, I meant CHRISTIANITY as a religion...
Re: Christians Should Give Reasons For These by sekundosekundo: 8:12pm On Oct 05, 2016
updatemachine:

can u quote them out..?

The name your parents gave to you, where is it written on your body?. Sometimes I wonder where the brain of some Atheists are.

2 Likes

Re: Christians Should Give Reasons For These by updatemachine: 8:13pm On Oct 05, 2016
sekundosekundo:

1. Don't check for it inside but on its body.

2. Check 1st Peter 4:16 kjv.

3. Check 2nd Timothy 3:16 kjv.
1. So you judge the book by its cover.. sad

2. I meant Christianity my auto correct took Christian instead...

3. I see..
Re: Christians Should Give Reasons For These by Ayo199(m): 8:14pm On Oct 05, 2016
wat religion was Jesus practicing? or even Paul? which religion do make use of the word church as stated in d bible
Re: Christians Should Give Reasons For These by felixomor: 8:15pm On Oct 05, 2016
Ayo199:
4:16 ). and I believe u knw the word of God is the bible

Allow the Op to be demonstrating shallow knowledge.
He watched an imam video and he didnt even bother to investigate, he opened a thread ASAP.
SMH sad
Re: Christians Should Give Reasons For These by sekundosekundo: 8:15pm On Oct 05, 2016
updatemachine:
sorry my auto complete took down CHRISTIAN, I meant CHRISTIANITY as a religion...

Re: Christians Should Give Reasons For These by updatemachine: 8:15pm On Oct 05, 2016
sekundosekundo:

The name your parents gave to you, where is it written on your body?. Sometimes I wonder where the brain of some Atheists are.
You have no point, let others have a say...

1 Like

Re: Christians Should Give Reasons For These by Ayo199(m): 8:16pm On Oct 05, 2016
guy...u are just asking senseless question..am sorry to say but they are senseless
Re: Christians Should Give Reasons For These by updatemachine: 8:18pm On Oct 05, 2016
felixomor:

Allow the Op to be demonstrating shallow knowledge.
He watched an imam video and he didnt even bother to investigate, he opened a thread ASAP.
SMH sad
cool, since u have more knowledge than me, tutor me...
Re: Christians Should Give Reasons For These by updatemachine: 8:19pm On Oct 05, 2016
Ayo199:
guy...u are just asking senseless question..am sorry to say but they are senseless
no call for abuse, u raised, BTW u have no point..
Re: Christians Should Give Reasons For These by sekundosekundo: 8:21pm On Oct 05, 2016
updatemachine:

Re: Christians Should Give Reasons For These by EyeHateGod: 8:27pm On Oct 05, 2016
updatemachine:
no call for abuse, u raised, BTW u have no point..
Are u an Atheist or a Moslem?
Re: Christians Should Give Reasons For These by updatemachine: 8:30pm On Oct 05, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Are u an Atheist or a Moslem?
grin
Re: Christians Should Give Reasons For These by yorhmienerd(m): 8:55pm On Oct 05, 2016
updatemachine:

Re: Christians Should Give Reasons For These by EyeHateGod: 9:20pm On Oct 05, 2016
updatemachine:
grin
i asked cause Moslem are actually ignorant of the Bible are u a Moslem?

(1) (Reply)

Answers For Atheists And Agnostics - Evidence For God From Science / Let Us Discuss Our Cosmogony / Can Someone Explain This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.