Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,032 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Let Us Discuss Our Cosmogony - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let Us Discuss Our Cosmogony (1183 Views)

Atheists Let's Discuss God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let Us Discuss Our Cosmogony by johnydon22(m): 12:31am On May 18, 2017
And the beginning who really knows, who can tell ho creation happened? closing remark of a Hindu Veda

I highlighted this quote above from the scripture because of the message it passes, even after presenting a profound and deep cosmogony unmatched by any propounded by every other religion in depth or meaning or in it's remarkable closeness to the present scientific models and cosmogony, the Hindu Veda closes with a verse of the utmost humility and skepticism.

This intellectual humility is something lacking in several school of thoughts, philosophies or theologies abound today as there seem to be a dire need for dogma in every human enterprise, the need to cling to opinions, a stoic conviction accompanied by arrogance and unmerited unsubstantiated claims of certainty.

who really knows?

truer words has never been spoken - scattered all around different cultures, theology and traditions there seem to be found a certain model of cosmogony exclusive to each class of theology, tradition or culture.

- Some attributes all there is to the divine: The cosmos was directly or indirectly caused by a conscious divine entity or entities.

-while some imagine a circular causality of self - The cosmos was an inevitable effect from an impending duality of everything. [we will explain further as we go]

- others also in an eternal cosmos : eternal, encompassing and infinite regression of universes, ancient and diverse. in this school of thought the cosmos is eternal and in sublet thoughts in a circular causality loop

which school of thought is right, under which of these do you fall under?

Let us identify our thoughts on the cosmological causality and calibration and then debate and discuss them with humility, intellectual honesty and avoid as much egoistic personal arguments, personal tantrums or insults.

what do you think, discuss your cosmogony?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let Us Discuss Our Cosmogony by johnydon22(m): 11:57am On May 18, 2017
cc. dorox, loj.
Re: Let Us Discuss Our Cosmogony by Deicide: 12:35pm On May 18, 2017
I like that Stephen Hawkings IMAGINARY TIME Concept grin
Re: Let Us Discuss Our Cosmogony by CoolUsername: 3:55pm On May 18, 2017
I unfortunately have no profound answer to this mystery. The Universe as we know it started with the Big Bang. I personally cannot fathom an event from 'before' the birth space-time.

It may be possible that the Universe may be cyclical in nature. There's a hypothesis of one the possible fates of the universe known as the Big Crunch. In this hypothesis, the Universe would slowly stop expanding until the expansion process starts to reverse, eventually causing a collapse. This is unprovable with our current scientific knowledge.

The Multiverse hypothesis also seems interesting, there's evidence to show that the end result of a black hole is eerily similar to what the Universe may have looked like right at the moment of the Big Bang. This hypothesis is again unprovable with our current scientific knowledge.

At the end of it all I am comfortable enough to admit that I do not have a definitive answer to this question.
Re: Let Us Discuss Our Cosmogony by johnydon22(m): 6:38pm On May 18, 2017
Deicide:
I like that Stephen Hawkings IMAGINARY TIME Concept grin
let's hear it
Re: Let Us Discuss Our Cosmogony by johnydon22(m): 7:01pm On May 18, 2017
CoolUsername:
I unfortunately have no profound answer to this mystery. The Universe as we know it started with the Big Bang. I personally cannot fathom an event from 'before' the birth space-time.
stephen Hawkins once said "there is no such a thing as 'before' the big bang, it is just like saying, the end of the earth' the trait of being spherical means the earth has no point that can be said to be it's starting point or end point; his argument being that if "time/space started at the big bang then cannot be a 'before' since that implies time, but since time started at the big bang therefore there is no 'before' since time was yet to exist.

do you agree with him on that?

It may be possible that the Universe may be cyclical in nature. There's a hypothesis of one the possible fates of the universe known as the Big Crunch. In this hypothesis, the Universe would slowly stop expanding until the expansion process starts to reverse, eventually causing a collapse. This is unprovable with our current scientific knowledge.

remarkably this shares a disturbing similarity with the Hindu cosmogony even though ancient. it is one of the few cosmological models that i find really profound and appreciate. if this is so then the Big Bang was certainly not the first or the last but just one out of an infinite circle.

i will explain further on demand

The Multiverse hypothesis also seems interesting, there's evidence to show that the end result of a black hole is eerily similar to what the Universe may have looked like right at the moment of the Big Bang. This hypothesis is again unprovable with our current scientific knowledge.

Strabo, an Alexandrian geographer once wrote "Those who return from an attempt to circumnavigate the earth do not say that they have been prevented by an opposing continent, but the sea remained perfectly open. but rather, through want of resolution and scarcity of provision.
Eratosthenes says that if the extent of the atlantic ocean were not an obstacle, we might easily pass by sea from Iberia to india. .... it is quite possible that in the temperate zones there may be one or two habitable earths (continents). indeed if these other part of the world is inhabited, it is not inhabited by men such as exist in our parts and we have to regard it as another inhabited world"

he said it while musing on whether there are other expanse of lands out there (what we now call continents) he wondered if there are inhabited and argued that the people who might inhabit these lands would not be same as them therefore it is only right to refer to these inhabited lands as another world.

you see long ago the men in Europe wondered if other people and land were on earth (they even regarded them as other worlds), most recently humanity wondered if our galaxy (what we then called universe) was the only there is but using the mount Wilson's telescope we discovered that it wasn't. now we have deducted that there are billions of such universes (galaxies)

the new question now is: is this universe (comprising of all galaxies and what not within the expanse of space-time) all there is?
judging from the results of antiquity, the answer seem promising and exciting.

if there is a cosmogony i hold as profound as an eternal looped cosmological cause and effect, it is that there probably is an infinite regression of universes upward and downward.

At the end of it all I am comfortable enough to admit that I do not have a definitive answer to this question.

fair enough but i do believe that sometimes the answers lies within the horizon of our imagination

1 Like

Re: Let Us Discuss Our Cosmogony by Deicide: 8:26pm On May 18, 2017
johnydon22:
let's hear it
It seems that Quantum theory, on the other hand, can predict how the universe will begin. Quantum theory introduces a new idea, that of imaginary time. Imaginary time may sound like science fiction, and it has been brought into Doctor Who. But nevertheless, it is a genuine scientific concept. One can picture it in the following way. One can think of ordinary, real, time as a horizontal line. On the left, one has the past, and on the right, the future. But there's another kind of time in the vertical direction. This is called imaginary time because it is not the kind of time we normally experience. But in a sense, it is just as real, as what we call real time.

The three directions in space and the one direction of imaginary time make up what is called a Euclidean space-time. I don't think anyone can picture a four-dimensional curve space. But it is not too difficult to visualize a two-dimensional surface, like a saddle, or the surface of a football.

If space and imaginary time are indeed like the surface of the Earth, there wouldn't be any singularities in the imaginary time direction, at which the laws of physics would break down. And there wouldn't be any boundaries, to the imaginary time space-time, just as there aren't any boundaries to the surface of the Earth. This absence of boundaries means that the laws of physics would determine the state of the universe uniquely, in imaginary time. But if one knows the state of the universe in imaginary time, one can calculate the state of the universe in real time. One would still expect some sort of Big Bang singularity in real time. So real time would still have a beginning. But one wouldn't have to appeal to something outside the universe, to determine how the universe began. Instead, the way the universe started out at the Big Bang would be determined by the state of the universe in imaginary time. Thus, the universe would be a completely self-contained system. It would not be determined by anything outside the physical universe, that we observe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let Us Discuss Our Cosmogony by Nobody: 2:39am On May 19, 2017
johnydon22:
And the beginning who really knows, who can tell ho creation happened? closing remark of a Hindu Veda

let me enlighten u on some more fascinating tales from the ancient sages of India

Yoga Vashishtha, the text which states conversations between Vashistha, a RIG VEDIC teacher, and various Gods and Kakbhushubdi a creature which stands outside of normal time and sees all.

It recounts the cyclical nature of time, where Kakabhushundi has seen Ramayan (a incident involving lord Rama ) 11 times with different outcomes and seen Mahabharat (a incident involving battle between brothers ) 16 times with different results, but after seeing Daksha Yagya twice, he did not either care to see it again or saw no point to seeing any more, as it ended the same way each time.

Further conversations talk about the atoms or 'anu' at quantum level and inside each quantum level are different universes.
A sorrowful queen is shown that her husband is still alive in one of the quantum or atomic universes and ruling wisely and is given the option to join him there.

The idea of Heisenberg's Principle is enunciated when a Rishi (ancient sage/teacher) visits and illustrates a decision tree by showing how several parallel universes, with all possible results of a decision, could occur and uses that illustration to explain why he took the decision he did in this universe.

then there is the implicit mention of TIME DILATION in the Puranas .

Bhagavatam 9. 3.29-32 tells us how one person went to the highest planetary system and stayed for 20 mins .When he returned to earth 116,640,000 years had passed by on earth. He neither found his friends, relatives or sons,grandsons.He could not find a record of their family tree.

hundreds of years later we had to wait for Einstein to understand time dilation smiley

i have attached a picture of the original slokas as well as the translation since the anti spam bot gets triggered by unrecognized texts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let Us Discuss Our Cosmogony by Nobody: 3:05am On May 19, 2017
the same story of time dilation is mentioned in the great epic indian epic Mahabharata which was produced anywhere between 8-9 century BC

Kakudmi was a descendant of the Sun Dynasty (Suryavansha), a dynasty originating from Surya, the Hindu deity of the Sun. Surya's son was the deity Vaivasvata Manu.

Kakudmi was of pure character, and a benevolent ruler. He had one very beautiful daughter named Revati, endowed with all auspicious qualities. Although considered human, Kakudmi seemed to have been endowed with mystic powers, not found in ordinary humans today.

Kakudmi's daughter Revati was so beautiful and so accomplished that when she reached a marriageable age, Kakudmi, thinking no one upon earth was worthy of her, went to the Creator himself, Lord Brahma, who resided in Brahma-loka the plane of existence where Brahma, the Creator, resides to seek his advice about a suitable husband for his daughter.

When they arrived, Brahma was listening to a musical performance by the Gandharvas, so they waited patiently until the performance was finished.

Then, Kakudmi bowed humbly, made his request and presented his shortlist of candidates.

Brahma laughed loudly, and explained that time runs differently on different planes of existence, and that during the short time they had waited in Brahma-loka to see him, 27 chatur-yugas (a cycle of four yugas, totalling 108 yugas, or Ages of Man) had passed on earth. that is 116,640,000 human years had passed on earth for their 20 minutes stay in another plane .

Brahma said to Kakudmi, "O King, all those whom you may have decided within the core of your heart to accept as your son-in-law have died in the course of time. Twenty-seven chatur-yugas have already passed. Those upon whom you may have already decided are now gone, and so are their sons, grandsons and other descendants. You cannot even hear about their names.You must therefore bestow this virgin gem (i.e. Revati) upon some other husband, for you are now alone, and your friends, your ministers, servants, wives, kinsmen, armies, and treasures, have long since been swept away by the hand of time."

King Kakudmi was overcome with astonishment and alarm at hearing this news. However, Brahma comforted him, and added that Vishnu, the preserver, was currently incarnate on earth in the forms of Krishna and Balarama, and he recommended Balarama as a worthy husband for Revati.

Kakudmi and Revati then returned to earth which they regarded as having left only just a short while ago. They were shocked by the changes that had taken place. Not only had the landscape and environment changed, but over the intervening 27 chatur-yugas, in the cycles of human spiritual and cultural evolution, mankind was at a lower level of development than in their own time . The Bhagavata Purana describes that they found the race of men had become "dwindled in stature, reduced in vigour, and enfeebled in intellect."

Daughter and father found Balarama and proposed the marriage which was accepted. The marriage was then duly celebrated.

1 Like

Re: Let Us Discuss Our Cosmogony by Nobody: 4:04am On May 19, 2017
sorry for the 2 off topic posts

@johnydon22

i have posted below the complete hymn ie Nasadiya Sukta - the hymn of creation from rig veda

The hymn starts with mentioning that there was nothing air / atmosphere then and neither the events of day and night. it was all dark everywhere and then the 'one' was born of the power of heat - perhaps alluding to a big bang sort of hypothesis giving birth to the Universe. Reference is then made to mighty fertile forces stretching across an apparent void.

But after ruminating over the above hypothesis, the hymn then alludes to the absence of any certain knowledge of the facts stating that no one really knows how creation happened, for the Gods came later after creation.

It also contemplates that perhaps the creator holds the reins to this Universe and maybe even he doesn't, and that maybe he keeps an eye on all, knowing it all, and maybe he doesn't, hence making it apparent that there is no definite proof of an omniscient and omnipotent God and that the Gods did not create the Universe.

PS: were u were alluding to the 6th portion of the hymn in ur opening remarks

also note Sanskrit translations ( especially by western authors and leftists grin ) r never accurate becz one Sanskrit word can have more than 10 meaning , so it is hard to arrive at the original thought process /real intentions of the original writers/composers.

IMO best interpreters of vedas r the atheists
wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let Us Discuss Our Cosmogony by johnydon22(m): 9:50am On May 19, 2017
Deicide:

It seems that Quantum theory, on the other hand, can predict how the universe will begin. Quantum theory introduces a new idea, that of imaginary time. Imaginary time may sound like science fiction, and it has been brought into Doctor Who. But nevertheless, it is a genuine scientific concept. One can picture it in the following way. One can think of ordinary, real, time as a horizontal line. On the left, one has the past, and on the right, the future. But there's another kind of time in the vertical direction. This is called imaginary time because it is not the kind of time we normally experience. But in a sense, it is just as real, as what we call real time.

The three directions in space and the one direction of imaginary time make up what is called a Euclidean space-time. I don't think anyone can picture a four-dimensional curve space. But it is not too difficult to visualize a two-dimensional surface, like a saddle, or the surface of a football.

If space and imaginary time are indeed like the surface of the Earth, there wouldn't be any singularities in the imaginary time direction, at which the laws of physics would break down. And there wouldn't be any boundaries, to the imaginary time space-time, just as there aren't any boundaries to the surface of the Earth. This absence of boundaries means that the laws of physics would determine the state of the universe uniquely, in imaginary time. But if one knows the state of the universe in imaginary time, one can calculate the state of the universe in real time. One would still expect some sort of Big Bang singularity in real time. So real time would still have a beginning. But one wouldn't have to appeal to something outside the universe, to determine how the universe began. Instead, the way the universe started out at the Big Bang would be determined by the state of the universe in imaginary time. Thus, the universe would be a completely self-contained system. It would not be determined by anything outside the physical universe, that we observe.

interesting, really interesting and tickles the very excitement of my imagination. i will research more on it and then bring forth my thought on it
Re: Let Us Discuss Our Cosmogony by johnydon22(m): 10:08am On May 19, 2017
nemesis2u:

let me enlighten u on some more fascinating tales from the ancient sages of India

Thank you good sir, i am very much interested in these tales.

Yoga Vashishtha, the text which states conversations between Vashistha, a RIG VEDIC teacher, and various Gods and Kakbhushubdi a creature which stands outside of normal time and sees all.

It recounts the cyclical nature of time, where Kakabhushundi has seen Ramayan (a incident involving lord Rama ) 11 times with different outcomes and seen Mahabharat (a incident involving battle between brothers ) 16 times with different results, but after seeing Daksha Yagya twice, he did not either care to see it again or saw no point to seeing any more, as it ended the same way each time.
This is interesting, a transcendent being observing actions transpiring within time and seeing different results each time even though similar causality, this borders on the infinite nature of the cosmological possibilities, if i dare say

Further conversations talk about the atoms or 'anu' at quantum level and inside each quantum level are different universes.

A sorrowful queen is shown that her husband is still alive in one of the quantum or atomic universes and ruling wisely and is given the option to join him there.

the bolded is a possibility i find quite humbling and profound as mention in the Op, there is an infinite regression of universes in an upward or downward progression.

everything is a universe of it's own, every atom within our universe is an universe of it's own and our universe might even just be an atom in a much larger universe in the upward progression. It's a humbling and mind boggling possibility

The idea of Heisenberg's Principle is enunciated when a Rishi (ancient sage/teacher) visits and illustrates a decision tree by showing how several parallel universes, with all possible results of a decision, could occur and uses that illustration to explain why he took the decision he did in this universe.
Sounds a lot similar to modern idea of quantum superposition, there is a dual possibility in every cuase, like a cat in a box is both alive and dead.

then there is the implicit mention of TIME DILATION in the Puranas .

Bhagavatam 9. 3.29-32 tells us how one person went to the highest planetary system and stayed for 20 mins .When he returned to earth 116,640,000 years had passed by on earth. He neither found his friends, relatives or sons,grandsons.He could not find a record of their family tree.

hundreds of years later we had to wait for Einstein to understand time dilation smiley

i have attached a picture of the original slokas as well as the translation since the anti spam bot gets triggered by unrecognized texts.

this is mind blowing, it's amazing what the ancient discipline of Hinduism achieved intellectually. it almost seem like the more we progress in science the closer we get to hindu cosmogony.

Like i have mention that the Big bang cosmological model heads towards an idea first proposed by the Hindus thousands of years ago [i will explain this further on demand]

but this is quite fascinating
Re: Let Us Discuss Our Cosmogony by Nobody: 3:31pm On May 19, 2017
johnydon22:
And the beginning who really knows, who can tell how creation happened? closing remark of a Hindu Veda.....

Many thanks to nemesis2U for the extracts from the Vedas and treatment of the cyclical nature of time. I am also fascinated by the ground-breaking ideas of Deicide with the third vector component of time.

Hindu cosmology most closely aligns to my beliefs which would be pantheistic in general devoid of religion. For me, religion plays only a descriptive, illustrative and allegorical role in our attempts to comprehend the physicality of the universe.

I see a world or a universe as a formation of consciousness.

Bhaghavad Gita chapter 11 tells a student all he/she needs to know; Lord Krishna grants Arjuna divine vision and reveals His spectacular unlimited form as the cosmic universe.

Lord Krishna in verse 8 states;

But you cannot see Me with your present eyes. Therefore I give to you divine eyes by which you can behold My mystic opulence”.

In verse 12, Arjuna on comprehending states;

"If hundreds of thousands of suns rose up at once into the sky, they might resemble the effulgence of the Supreme Person in that universal form".

For me, to understand the cosmos is to understand the Divine....and vice-versa.

The celebrated Lebanese poet, Khalil Gibran wrote; "Space is not space between the earth and the sun to one who looks down from the windows of the Milky Way."

I interpret that to mean; in our bid to understand the cosmos we must change our perspective.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Us Discuss Our Cosmogony by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 19, 2017
it is not a coincidence but a fact that there are numerous instances of reference to Multiverse concept in the Hindu Mythology.

let me give u another such example

There is a beautiful episode where Brahma, proud of his part as the Creator of the Universe decides to test Krishna. He kidnaps the Gwala (cow herders ) friends of Krishna along with the calves grazing, while little Krishna is sleeping.

When Krishna awakes he finds that his friends are nowhere to be seen. Through his limitless powers he finds that they are kidnapped by Brahma and taken to Brahma-Lok , the highest material lok (plane of existence) a soul can reach.

Krishna then divides himself into the form of his friends and also the missing calves, and returns to the village.

All the mothers of the missing children (including the cows) feel a sudden unsuppressable love for their children and take them with them to their home.

A year passes by.

Brahma, for whom it is less than a moment, gets impatient and returns to Vrindavan to see what Krishna is doing about his missing friends.

When Brahma arrives in the Vrindavan, he is shocked to see the children playing with Krishna, while the calves are grazing peacefully. He immediately returns to Brahmalok. There he finds his victims still asleep in an enchanted sleep induced by him.

He returns to Vrindavan and yet they are her playing. Brahma gets confused. Krishna then confronts him and Brahma begs for enlightenment.

Krishna then reveals that the children he can see are non other than him.
He tells Brahma that it is He, Krishna, Himself who is present in everything, both animate and inanimate. He tells him that Brahma is the creator of just the one Brahamand (universe/plane of existance), the one he lives in, while He, Krishna, is the creator of multiple Brahmands (universe/plane of existance).

Krishna then calls upon the multiple Indras, Brahmas and Shivas from the multi-verses (parallel universes/plane of existance). Some Brahmas have one head, some two, some three and so on. Brahma is thus humbled.

@johnydon22 Sarassin

The concept of multiple universes is mentioned many times in Hindu Puranic literature, such as in the Bhagavata Purana these english translations of the verses might interest u .

Every universe is covered by seven layers — earth, water, fire, air, sky, the total energy and false ego — each ten times greater than the previous one. There are innumerable universes besides this one, and although they are unlimitedly large, they move about like atoms in You. Therefore You are called unlimited (Bhagavata Purana 6.16.37)

Lord Shiva said: "My dear son, I, Lord Brahmā and the other devas, who move within this universe under the misconception of our greatness, cannot exhibit any power to compete with the Supreme Personality of Godhead, for innumerable universes and their inhabitants come into existence and are annihilated by the simple direction of the Lord" (Bhagavata Purana 9.4.56)

After separating the different universes, the gigantic universal form of the Lord, which came out of the causal ocean, the place of appearance for the first puruṣa-avatāra, entered into each of the separate universes, desiring to lie on the created transcendental water (Bhagavata Purana 2.10.10)

The number of universes seems to be uncountable according to the Puranic literature

Even though over a period of time I might count all the atoms of the universe, I could not count all of My opulences which I manifest within innumerable universes (Bhagavata Purana 11.16.39)

Analogies to describe multiple universes also exist in the Puranic literature

What am I, a small creature measuring seven spans of my own hand? I am enclosed in a potlike universe composed of material nature, the total material energy, false ego, ether, air, water and earth. And what is Your glory? Unlimited universes pass through the pores of Your body just as particles of dust pass through the openings of a screened window (Bhagavata Purana 10.14.11)

Because You are unlimited, neither the lords of heaven nor even You Yourself can ever reach the end of Your glories. The countless universes, each enveloped in its shell, are compelled by the wheel of time to wander within You, like particles of dust blowing about in the sky. The śrutis, following their method of eliminating everything separate from the Supreme, become successful by revealing You as their final conclusion (Bhagavata Purana 10.87.41)

The layers or elements covering the universes are each ten times thicker than the one before, and all the universes clustered together appear like atoms in a huge combination(Bhagavata Purana 3.11.41)

The concept of parallel universes appears in the Brahma Vaivarta Purana

And who will search through the wide infinities of space to count the universes side by side, each containing its Brahma, its Vishnu, its Shiva? Who can count the Indras in them all--those Indras side by side, who reign at once in all the innumerable worlds; those others who passed away before them; or even the Indras who succeed each other in any given line, ascending to godly kingship, one by one, and, one by one, passing away? (Brahma Vaivarta Purana)
Re: Let Us Discuss Our Cosmogony by johnydon22(m): 4:13pm On May 19, 2017
nemesis2u:
sorry for the 2 off topic posts

@johnydon22

i have posted below the complete hymn ie Nasadiya Sukta - the hymn of creation from rig veda

The hymn starts with mentioning that there was nothing air / atmosphere then and neither the events of day and night. it was all dark everywhere and then the 'one' was born of the power of heat - perhaps alluding to a big bang sort of hypothesis giving birth to the Universe. Reference is then made to mighty fertile forces stretching across an apparent void.
Carl Sagan once said "Imaginations may take us to worlds that never existed but without it we go no where" i once read somewhere on this forum where someone said "knowledge is not a mark of intelligence but imagination" with example that there is no great scientific progress that has been accomplished off the confines of imagination. Theory of gravitation, relativity, big bang, evolution; All started from a deep imagination musing over observed effects raging all around us.

there is no religion richer than Hinduism in terms of profound and intense imagination that has humbled great scientific minds of our time with it's reconcilable qualities with the science of our time.

take for instance the above post "The one was born out of heat" which is a shouty factor in the big bang, it still didn't stop there, it's further assertions brings a disturbingly striking resemblance to the Big Bang model [b['made to mighty fertile forces stretching across an apparent void.[/b]

One can actually define the Big Bang with those scriptural texts.

But after ruminating over the above hypothesis, the hymn then alludes to the absence of any certain knowledge of the facts stating that no one really knows how creation happened, for the Gods came later after creation.

they are humble and wise people of outstanding intellect, the very fact that they admitted uncertainty in their theory makes them a rare gem in the intellectual field of man.

It also contemplates that perhaps the creator holds the reins to this Universe and maybe even he doesn't, and that maybe he keeps an eye on all, knowing it all, and maybe he doesn't, hence making it apparent that there is no definite proof of an omniscient and omnipotent God and that the Gods did not create the Universe.

it's awesomely mind boggling what men of that time could think out

PS: were u were alluding to the 6th portion of the hymn in ur opening remarks
yeah

also note Sanskrit translations ( especially by western authors and leftists grin ) r never accurate becz one Sanskrit word can have more than 10 meaning , so it is hard to arrive at the original thought process /real intentions of the original writers/composers.

IMO best interpreters of vedas r the atheists
wink

Atheists give quite straight meaning to scriptural texts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let Us Discuss Our Cosmogony by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 19, 2017
johnydon22:
Carl Sagan once said "Imaginations may take us to worlds that never existed but without it we no where" i once read somewhere on this forum where someone said "knowledge is not a mark of intelligence but imagination" with example that there is no great scientific progress that has been accomplished off the confines of imagination. Theory of gravitation, relativity, big bang, evolution; All started from a deep imagination musing over observed effects raging all around us.

there is no religion richer than Hinduism in terms of profound and intense imagination that has humbled great scientific minds of our time with it's reconcilable qualities with the science of our time.

take for instance the above post "The one was born out of heat" which is a shouty factor in the big bang, it still didn't stop there, it's further assertions brings a disturbingly striking resemblance to the Big Bang model [b['made to mighty fertile forces stretching across an apparent void.[/b]

One can actually define the Big Bang with those scriptural texts.

they are humble and wise people of outstanding intellect, the very fact that they admitted uncertainty in their theory makes them a rare gem in the intellectual field of man.

it's awesomely mind boggling what men of that time could think out

yeah

Atheists give quite straight meaning to scriptural texts

sorry, I am not here to address this topic. I simply want to know how you make a comment by slicing the post into different parts. grin
Re: Let Us Discuss Our Cosmogony by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 20, 2017
i wish the nairaland anti spam bot ends up in a black hole grin

@ johnydon22

the conversation between krishna and arjun just before the battle of mahabharat holds much deeper meaning which i have tried to present here in a concise form

hope u find it worthy of introspect

Re: Let Us Discuss Our Cosmogony by Nobody: 6:13pm On May 20, 2017
Here's a radical thought :
What if the uni/multi/omni - verse was made up of just one electron
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-electron_universe

Enjoy
Re: Let Us Discuss Our Cosmogony by sonmvayina(m): 7:31pm On May 20, 2017
Different stories, same message...I see all these as spiritual stories, that's the only way they make any sense..the letter killeth, the spirit giveth life..
The igbo one is also profound and interesting too, same goes for the yoruba and benin one...
They are all esoteric stories, using names and elements of the culture...

The sumerians had Enki, enlil,inanna, ninazu, ninurta...etc. The Egyptians had osirus,horus, isis,etc, the greeks had zeus, poseidon,venus...etc..the yoruba has ogun,shango,eledumare,oromila..

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Get Holyghost? / LUTHER'S REVOLT AGAINST THE CATHOLIC CHURCH: WAS IT WORTH IT? / Is Football Betting A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.