Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Contractor Who Did Horrible Road At Makoko Will Be Summoned - Lawmaker Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Contractor Who Did Horrible Road At Makoko Will Be Summoned - Lawmaker Says (997 Views)

‘their Defection Is Demoralizing, Derailing, And Appalling’, PDP Lawmaker Says / Ambode Inspects Lay-By And Slip Road At Berger, Lagos / Bad State Of The Benin-Lokoja Road At Ekpoma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Contractor Who Did Horrible Road At Makoko Will Be Summoned - Lawmaker Says by arlomah: 6:54pm On Oct 05, 2016
Hon. Oladele Rufus Adekanye, representing the Lagos Mainland Constituency I in the Lagos State House of Assembly, has responded to the exclusive report done by InsideMainland on the horribly constructed road in Erejuwa, Makoko axis of Lagos. The road constructed by Hansmag (Nig) Limited was poorly done and rushed to meet the deadline date set aside for commissioning by LASG.
Commenting on the road development, Hon. Adekanye popularly referred to as Lado in a chat with InsideMainland said that “the idea was to encourage local contractors and I don’t think there was anything wrong in doing that. This is done so that the economy can be bold but some people take advantage of the opportunities given to them. We want to believe that we have few of such cases (substandard roads constructed) and we will correct them accordingly using the processes that have been identified by the Lagos State House of Assembly.”
He added that the “Governor is concerned about excellence and of course those of us at the Lagos State House of Assembly too. We want no less. Where we notice things of that nature, we are already working on them and we can assure our people in Lagos State that we will do the best to ensure that corrections are made.”
Speaking on the processes in correcting the shoddy job done by the local contractors, he said, “some of these contractors will be invited and then we will ask them to do the right thing and we hope that subsequently it changes because the process is an ongoing thing and new set of roads will still be constructed. We want to ensure that as we treat the substandard roads, there will not be a repeat of such cases again in the future.”
When asked if the government will desist from working with local contractors owing to the faults in the job done by the local contractors, Hon. Adekanye disclosed that “there has been no regret whatsoever working with local contractors. Do we want to begin to invite foreigners to fix our roads again? On a personal note, I can say that the idea is ideal and good for the State. We run an economy that needs to be encouraged and boosted in one way. How better can you do that other .... read more here https:///7ZtQau

cc @lalasticlala

1 Share

Re: Contractor Who Did Horrible Road At Makoko Will Be Summoned - Lawmaker Says by phrancys001(m): 7:10pm On Oct 05, 2016
About time,corruption everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Contractor Who Did Horrible Road At Makoko Will Be Summoned - Lawmaker Says by HtwoOw: 7:57am On Oct 06, 2016
No jokes
Re: Contractor Who Did Horrible Road At Makoko Will Be Summoned - Lawmaker Says by stevehans: 2:05pm On Oct 17, 2016
arlomah:
Hon. Oladele Rufus Adekanye, representing the Lagos Mainland Constituency I in the Lagos State House of Assembly, has responded to the exclusive report done by InsideMainland on the horribly constructed road in Erejuwa, Makoko axis of Lagos. The road constructed by Hansmag (Nig) Limited was poorly done and rushed to meet the deadline date set aside for commissioning by LASG.
Commenting on the road development, Hon. Adekanye popularly referred to as Lado in a chat with InsideMainland said that “the idea was to encourage local contractors and I don’t think there was anything wrong in doing that. This is done so that the economy can be bold but some people take advantage of the opportunities given to them. We want to believe that we have few of such cases (substandard roads constructed) and we will correct them accordingly using the processes that have been identified by the Lagos State House of Assembly.”
He added that the “Governor is concerned about excellence and of course those of us at the Lagos State House of Assembly too. We want no less. Where we notice things of that nature, we are already working on them and we can assure our people in Lagos State that we will do the best to ensure that corrections are made.”
Speaking on the processes in correcting the shoddy job done by the local contractors, he said, “some of these contractors will be invited and then we will ask them to do the right thing and we hope that subsequently it changes because the process is an ongoing thing and new set of roads will still be constructed. We want to ensure that as we treat the substandard roads, there will not be a repeat of such cases again in the future.”
When asked if the government will desist from working with local contractors owing to the faults in the job done by the local contractors, Hon. Adekanye disclosed that “there has been no regret whatsoever working with local contractors. Do we want to begin to invite foreigners to fix our roads again? On a personal note, I can say that the idea is ideal and good for the State. We run an economy that needs to be encouraged and boosted in one way. How better can you do that other .... read more here https:///7ZtQau
cc @lalasticlala

This unfounded report by so called reporter with no traceable address is in no doubt sponsored by some members of the community that made some demand which was refused.

I am an Engineer on this project at Ramotu/Erejuwa street in Makoko and I would love to invite you Hon. Oladele Rufus Adekanye, representing the Lagos Mainland Constituency I in the Lagos State House of Assembly and other well-meaning Lagosian who appreciate and support the laudable efforts of His Excellency, Gov. Akinwunmi Ambode on this 114 roads which is the first of its kind in the whole country to take a visit to this site and access the beautiful project of this road in Makoko.

The flood on some portion (20m) of this road was caused by tides couple with the opening of river Oyan (17/09/16). This caused the water level of the lagoon (about 40m) close to the road project to overflow and spill on the road. This was possible because the road drainage system link directly into the lagoon and there was a backflow.

On experiencing this and in agreement with the community with the CDA, the contractor decide to increase the size of the drainage to accommodate larger volume of water, that was when the so called reporter from “insidemainland”came took the pictures and posted it online.
Once again, I challenge anyone that love the truth to take a visit to the project site and have a first-hand information.
Here are some of the picture before and after the project work.

Re: Contractor Who Did Horrible Road At Makoko Will Be Summoned - Lawmaker Says by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 17, 2016
sad Better
Re: Contractor Who Did Horrible Road At Makoko Will Be Summoned - Lawmaker Says by arlomah: 9:10am On Oct 19, 2016
Hello, Mr Stephens..

I'm glad my report on the commissioning of the Ramotu/Erejuwa street in Makoko and subsequent follow up on the job done there got your attention and that of the government. I presented facts in my report and challenge you to come up with a convincing evidence because the ones you have here are doctored ones.

In response to your allegations that I was sponsored by members of the community, you have your right to opinion however, I am not will never be bias when presenting an arrangement of facts in my story. Here I make bold to say that InsideMainland does not request, solicit or receive inducements to do our stories.

While you claim the flood was caused by tides, I would like to remind you that the area was flooded owing to the demarcation constructed by your workers to prevent water from spilling on the road prior to commissioning. Also, your workers stationed pumping machines by the spot to continuously pump water from the place and I'm surprised you retracted your words that "the community members were impatient" as your company will continue repair works on the road for the next 6 months.

Wishing you all the best as you battle to save the road.

Warm regards,

stevehans:

This unfounded report by so called reporter with no traceable address is in no doubt sponsored by some members of the community that made some demand which was refused.

I am an Engineer on this project at Ramotu/Erejuwa street in Makoko and I would love to invite you Hon. Oladele Rufus Adekanye, representing the Lagos Mainland Constituency I in the Lagos State House of Assembly and other well-meaning Lagosian who appreciate and support the laudable efforts of His Excellency, Gov. Akinwunmi Ambode on this 114 roads which is the first of its kind in the whole country to take a visit to this site and access the beautiful project of this road in Makoko.

The flood on some portion (20m) of this road was caused by tides couple with the opening of river Oyan (17/09/16). This caused the water level of the lagoon (about 40m) close to the road project to overflow and spill on the road. This was possible because the road drainage system link directly into the lagoon and there was a backflow.

On experiencing this and in agreement with the community with the CDA, the contractor decide to increase the size of the drainage to accommodate larger volume of water, that was when the so called reporter from “insidemainland”came took the pictures and posted it online.
Once again, I challenge anyone that love the truth to take a visit to the project site and have a first-hand information.
Here are some of the picture before and after the project work.

(1) (Reply)

Top Five Apc Secrets Aisha Buhari Revealed / Checkout Photos Of Army Colonel Killed By Boko Haram In Borno State / FINALLY: Prophet TB Joshua Of Scoan Clears The Air On His False U.S. Election Pr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.