Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,382 members, 7,853,701 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 10:01 PM

Nigeria Wants To Build A Coal Power Plant - Kemi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Wants To Build A Coal Power Plant - Kemi (741 Views)

Coal Power Plants Key To Nigeria’s Economic Recovery -Zikistmovement.com / Century Power Begins 2000mw Power Plant Construction In Anambra / Fashola Inspects Power Plant In Kaduna State(pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Nigeria Wants To Build A Coal Power Plant - Kemi by TheEastActivist: 1:58am On Oct 06, 2016
The Minister of Finance, Mrs Kemi Adeosun, has accused western powers of being a stumbling block to Nigeria’s plan to improve power output through the use of coal. Adeosun said this on Wednesday in Washington during a discussion on the importance of addressing infrastructure gaps in developing countries at the World Bank, International Monetary Fund General Meetings. She said that improving power supply was the corner stone of the current administration’s goal towards economic development, yet finding it difficult to get support from western community. “We want to build a coal power plant because we are a country blessed with coal, yet we have power problem. So it doesn’t take a genius to workout that it will make sense to build a coal power plant.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/western-powers-blocking-nigerias-power-solution-adeosun/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Nigeria Wants To Build A Coal Power Plant - Kemi by TheEastActivist: 2:04am On Oct 06, 2016
Why is this woman disgracing herself and this country at large the foolish cashier even went ahead blaming the west for her incompetence and foolishness?

How on earth can you be planning to build a coal power plant in this 21st century when there are clean and renewable energies around which can be powered by water, solar and wind.

She should spend more to leverage on that that's science and technology for you and please is getting pissed seeing you trading blames due to incompetence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Wants To Build A Coal Power Plant - Kemi by Blue3k(m): 2:19am On Oct 06, 2016
TheEastActivist:
Why is this woman disgracing herself and this country at large the foolish cashier even went ahead blaming the west for her incompetence and foolishness?

How on earth can you be planning to build a coal power plant in this 21st century when there are clean and renewable energies around which can be powered by water, solar and wind.

She should spend more to leverage on that that's science and technology for you and please is getting pissed seeing you trading blames due to incompetence.

Coal is cheap and efficient for the cost. Most modern smoke stacks only allow CO2 and water vapor out with trace elements of other pollutants. China does it and lots of nations still run most of their energy on it. When country get richer they can opt more for alternative energies that less efficient per kilowatt.

Besides these alternative energies aren't always producing. Sun not always shining, clowds and batter storage capacity. Hydro great but alot energy has to be kicked back to Niger and Benin republic so they don't block dams. Wind not always blowing.

Coal and Gas would be best options for us. Others renewables can be used aswell. I'm energy adnostic so I don't care too much.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wants To Build A Coal Power Plant - Kemi by agabusta: 3:39am On Oct 06, 2016
TheEastActivist:

Only God knows what can satisfy Wailers like this.

Chai, their pessimism know no bounds!

I am sure you are part of those who has been spreading tales that FG did not look towards coal because they want to keep Igbo's down.

An opportunity has come up now to put the vast coal resources in the east to productive use and you are still ignorantly misinforming the public that coal electricity generation has been abandoned in the 21st century. Japan presently is increasing her coal-fired power plants.

Instead of abusing this hard working lady, pls direct your anger to Vanguard with their half baked report that did not go into specifics of what the Honorable Minister said.

A lot of the developed world use coal to meet their energy needs. Why can't we do same?

For your information,

United States generates 33% of its electricity from coal.

China- 69%
Germany-45%
Japan-49%
Uk-23%
India-60%
Russia-14%

If we can use coal to generate just 3000mw, our electricity problems will vanish.

Just because of the improved efficiency in that sector, I am enjoying light here in Lagos in a way I have never enjoyed it in my entire adult life. I have not used my generator in 3 weeks.

I cant imagine the supply I will be getting if like 3000mw is added to the grid.
Re: Nigeria Wants To Build A Coal Power Plant - Kemi by tit(f): 3:53am On Oct 06, 2016
ahbeg,
whom is stopping whom from building the coal power plant?
them tie Buhari or kemi the sales-girl hand?
Re: Nigeria Wants To Build A Coal Power Plant - Kemi by Aufbauh(m): 4:07am On Oct 06, 2016
agabusta:

Only Good knows what can satisfy Wailers like this.

My brother wailing is their vocation.
They are the Nigerian "Sadducees" because they see everything with sadness.

NB
A sadducee is a member of a Jewish sect or party of the time of Jesus Christ that denied the resurrection of the dead, the existence of spirits, and the obligation of oral tradition, emphasizing acceptance of the written Law alone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Wants To Build A Coal Power Plant - Kemi by Mynd44: 5:31am On Oct 06, 2016

(1)

Ganduje Inspects Rehabilitation Of Kwanar Karfi - Bunkure - Rano - Kibiya Road / See Photos Of Ongoing Over Head Bridge Of Oba Aderemi Adesoji / Lagos Lawyer Sues Federal Government Over Public Holidays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.