Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,295 members, 7,839,448 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Senators Get Angry After Colleague Calls FCT A “rotten Pampered Child” - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Get Angry After Colleague Calls FCT A “rotten Pampered Child” (522 Views)

Buhari's Govt. Is Rotten - Fayose, Says FG Plans To Release Fresh 'Chibok Girls' / FFK Is A Pampered Child Without "Native Sense" .... Rochas Okorocha Fires Back / Happening Now: Reno Omokri Opens The Rotten Egg, Digs Out ALL Lai's GEJ Bashing. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Senators Get Angry After Colleague Calls FCT A “rotten Pampered Child” by Cornerstone99: 10:40am On Oct 06, 2016
A mild drama occurred at the Senate chamber on Wednesday, October 5, after Senator Olusola Adeyeye described the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) as a “rotten pampered child”.
Adeyeye made the comment during the second reading of a bill seeking the official recognition of Lagos State as Nigeria’s commercial capital.
“We have a governor that banned alcohol, and if my own people consume alcohol, that governor should not enjoy a kobo of value-added-tax (VAT) from my area,” he said while arguing in support of the bill.
“If it is 13 percent for Bayelsa and Delta, it should be so for Lagos state from VAT. The FCT is a rotten, pampered child. But I withdraw my statement on that. The FCT is being subsidized by the federal government. That must end‎‎,” he added according to The Cable.
The comment is said to have annoyed many senators with some of them heading for the door in an apparent attempt to walk out of the chambers.
The bill in question was sponsored by Lagos Senator, Remi Tinubu who is also the wife of All Progressives Congress (APC) leader, Bola Tinubu.

#trending #Palmchat

(1) (Reply)

Dele Momodu Writes On The Royal Rubble In Aso Rock / Ikotun Residents Discover The Corpse Of A Newborn Baby In A Gutter (graphic Pic) / President Buhari Departs Berlin Germany After Three Days Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.