Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,560 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:02 PM

Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday (3313 Views)

House Help Abuse: Why Some Nigerian Wives Won't Make Heaven / Aisha And Fatima, Wives Of Lawan Dahiru Mangal, All Smiles At A Wedding (Photos) / Top 10 Qualities Of A Good Wife That Wives Of This Generations Don't Have! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday by Onegai(f): 12:04pm On Oct 11, 2016
Realhommie:
Lolz.... Yes ooooo, I know one. She's a double chief titled woman, we use to attend same church. Really funny oooo coz i never heard of such b4 her own story ooooo. And i was like undecided... WTF!!!! Hehehehehe

I almost think I know whom you are talking of...
Re: Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday by Realhommie(m): 12:14pm On Oct 11, 2016
Onegai:

I almost think I know whom you are talking of...
I doubt you do.
Clues
Re: Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday by bukatyne(f): 10:30am On Oct 12, 2016
damiso:

I think it did but the 'morality' was more aimed at a certain target audience wink on certain issues i.e. .women and marriage. Cos a lot of times you see the women sticking it out at all costs these days more than the past. Not like its necessarily a bad thing but its just funny when you see posts that romanticise the past.
Alot of older aunties and grandmas cant even comprehend the 'ruth abokokus me and my husband' ( ruth die with husband cheesy) antics of the girls of these generation. I guess its cos there was more openness about polygamy so they sef no send the man cheesy cheesy I have aunties who cant understand all these 'our house our land ' business. They are asking 'what of your own house, what of your own land' cheesy cheesy

I interestingly think people are more concerned about love and relationship between a couple now than before.

I also think women of today are more husband facing than our mothers and grandmothers.

2 Likes

Re: Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday by Nobody: 11:58pm On Oct 12, 2016
PaperLace:
I don't know why someone would jump into a thread and all you can do is call feminist. Take out your time to read about feminism.

There is nothing like yesterday/today's wife. A bad wife is a bad wife! Take her from now to the future...she'll still be bad. Y'all act like you don't have any uncle with a bad wife from the so called YESTERDAY's wives.

1)Times have changed. Most husbands and wives work now...nothing wrong in him helping with the dinner, her manner of approach should be respectful.

2)Any woman that does that is a witch, yesterday, today or in future.

3)Why should anyone have plenty children in this economic dispensation_ figure 8 or nah. Why have so many kids that the elder ones would be made to train? If that's what it takes to be yesterday's wife, I rather be today's wife. 2kids... that's all.
Yes, body is very important to me_ I am vain like that. cry

4)Same as number 2_ very bad wife.

5)Very very bad wife still

6)A witch

Summary: There have always been bad women. You made it seem like all our mothers and aunties were angels.
Since you said, we still have some good women in today's wives_ same way we had bad women in yesterday's wives.

You guys should calm your *****

I rather be a good wife. smiley

Most of these niggas don't know shit about feminism though I won't blame them third wave feminism are very misguided in fact when I hear femisnm in today's generation I think of western white women who's only fight is either abortion right or body shaming .

3 Likes

Re: Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday by Nobody: 2:24am On Oct 13, 2016
PaperLace:
I don't know why someone would jump into a thread and all you can do is call feminist. Take out your time to read about feminism.

There is nothing like yesterday/today's wife. A bad wife is a bad wife! Take her from now to the future...she'll still be bad. Y'all act like you don't have any uncle with a bad wife from the so called YESTERDAY's wives.

1)Times have changed. Most husbands and wives work now...nothing wrong in him helping with the dinner, her manner of approach should be respectful.

2)Any woman that does that is a witch, yesterday, today or in future.

3)Why should anyone have plenty children in this economic dispensation_ figure 8 or nah. Why have so many kids that the elder ones would be made to train? If that's what it takes to be yesterday's wife, I rather be today's wife. 2kids... that's all.
Yes, body is very important to me_ I am vain like that. cry

4)Same as number 2_ very bad wife.

5)Very very bad wife still

6)A witch

Summary: There have always been bad women. You made it seem like all our mothers and aunties were angels.
Since you said, we still have some good women in today's wives_ same way we had bad women in yesterday's wives.

You guys should calm your *****

I rather be a good wife. smiley
Your #3 point is especially poignant.
I don't see a reason to have more than 3 kids at most.

2 Likes

Re: Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 13, 2016
The olden days was far worse, if they don't know cheesy...as the world is evolving, things are getting better smiley
bukatyne:

Lol!

Someone will tell me olden days was better!

Indeed.

Same story, different times.
Re: Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jun 03, 2017
Onegai:

Pentecostal Christianity sanitised a lot. It made everyone more moralistic.

Hello.
Can I talk to you please?
Re: Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday by Onegai(f): 12:53am On Jun 04, 2017
advania:

Hello.
Can I talk to you please?

Okay smiley
Re: Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday by Nobody: 4:43am On Jun 04, 2017
Onegai:

Okay smiley

Can I send you a pm?

Thank you smiley
Re: Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday by Onegai(f): 5:17am On Jun 04, 2017
advania:

Can I send you a pm?

Thank you smiley

Sure
Re: Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday by Nobody: 5:34am On Jun 04, 2017
Onegai:

Sure

smiley
Re: Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 04, 2017
Onegai:

Sure

Did you get my message?
Re: Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday by wadetaw202: 6:36pm On Jun 04, 2017
Change is forever constant, you need to accept change to grow smiley....the world evolve every second, the world is evolving as we speak smiley

You mean you encourage change from good to bad? Your life must be somehow
Re: Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday by wadetaw202: 6:39pm On Jun 04, 2017
The complaints about the younger generation of women/wives is too much.

If you as a man feel they are no more good for anything, why not go for your grandma's age or remain single?

There's a lot I'm not understanding here. You complain about them on Friday, and take them to the altar on Saturday. What sense is there to find there?

Hmmmm!

Modernity shouldn't make you throw away your senses of responsibility and reasoning
Re: Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday by wadetaw202: 6:40pm On Jun 04, 2017
jeff1607:
If a professor can be so myopic in his views about today's woman and yesterday's woman, I think project should be abolished in schools.

Not all yesterday's yesterday's women are as nice as stated here, some are worse than today's woman.

Not all present or today's ladies are bad as stated here, but they are hard to find.

If you see a good woman whether na today own or na yesterday own, bros hold am strong, infact catch am like ebola

But good women were more yesterday than they are today

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am Going Insane Right Now, I Need Your Advice / My Marriage: Lessons For The Wise / Lets See How Pretty you are as Pregnant Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.