Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,739 members, 7,813,427 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday (3203 Views)

House Help Abuse: Why Some Nigerian Wives Won't Make Heaven / Aisha And Fatima, Wives Of Lawan Dahiru Mangal, All Smiles At A Wedding (Photos) / Top 10 Qualities Of A Good Wife That Wives Of This Generations Don't Have! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday by Dotng: 8:01am On Oct 07, 2016
Comparative Analysis Between Wives of Today and Those of Yesterday

By Pof. Yusuf Dankofa

1). *Yesterday's Wives* :
Welcome my husband, hope the office was not stressful., your favorite food is ready, let me lead you to the bathroom first, then you take your dinner, you look so tired, am sure you'll be okay after taking your dinner, welcome my one and only.

*Today's Wives*:
Please don't put unnecessary pressure on me, you can go to the fridge pick up the stew, microwave it and boil the remaining rice, I am your wife and not your cook.

2). *Yesterday's Wives*:
Darling stop thinking about our lack of money. It's going to be temporary. God will see us through and we are going to come out of it stronger. After all, we can still feed ourselves and the children. We need to give the Almighty that glory. I am with you through thick and thin, my husband, the owner of my dowry.

*Today's Wives*: ________________Look I am sick and tired of living in this abject poverty with you. Why did you bring me to your house when you know that you are not ready for marriage? Every day is one complaint or the other. Are you the Complainant General of Nigeria. We don't have cars, our house is Face me and slap you, when your mates are in GRAs. Look if you don't find solutions to your problems, you will come back and not find me in this your rotten house.

3). *Yesterday's Wives*: ____________My husband, we only have 2 children, don't you think we should have more. You know children are gifts and mercies from God. And the more the merrier.

*Today's Wives*: _______________Look am sick and tired of this marriage. You won't allow me to rest by your constant urge to have more children. I am okay with our two children. I can't allow you to spoil my figure 8 by bearing another 4 children. You are so wicked that I feel you want to spoil my psychedelic looks. If you dare force me, I will sue you for rape.

4). *Yesterday's Wives*: ___________My husband, take heart and don't worry. I shall go with you to Zaria. Your being transferred from the glitterati of Abuja to Zaria might be a blessing in disguise. We shall take the advantage of the educational institutions to advance our education. Some disappointments could be a blessing.

*Today's Wives*: ______________Me I can't follow you to Zaria o. God forbid bad thing. From Abuja to Zaria? I can't cope with such a demotion. To start living in a village? You had better look for another wife. I can't live in a city without silver birds,Shoprite, Supermarket or Dunes

5) *Yesterday's Wives*: __________My husband, I have enough clothes. This N30.000 you are giving me, pls keep it and save for a rainy day.

*Today's Wives*: ________________Why are you so stingy? Do you have super glue in your palms?What an insult. What kind of shopping do you want me to do with N50.000?What can I buy? Is it Swiss lace or Dubai gold. I am disappointed in you. Your mates are giving their wives $5000 to shop, here you are humiliating me with naira. I don't blame you. It is because I refused to marry Chief Antonio that's why you are messing up with me.

*Yesterday's wives ________________ Darling our children will resume next week, I have bought new bags and sandals for them, I have also kept some money for their text books, may God bless u for their tuition fees.

*Today's wives _____________ Your children are resuming next week, I don't want to hear story of no money o, they will change their school bags, sandals, water bottles etc and their textbooks, make sure the money is completed this time o, afterall they bear your surname not mine.

*Uhhhm!! Though we still have some good wives in today's wives. But Where do you belong? Yesterday or Today

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday by chocolateme(f): 8:02am On Oct 07, 2016
Nice thread
Re: Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday by jhydebaba(m): 8:05am On Oct 07, 2016
Change

1 Like

Re: Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 07, 2016
Change is forever constant, you need to accept change to grow smiley....the world evolve every second, the world is evolving as we speak smiley
jhydebaba:
Change

2 Likes

Re: Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday by babyfaceafrica: 10:43am On Oct 07, 2016
lmao......waiting for the feminist to bash the OP
Re: Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday by byvan03: 5:15pm On Oct 07, 2016
Same women of yesterday that dumped their weakling husbands to pitch their tents with local warriors? People tend to romanticize things they know nothing about.

Nothing really changed, bad /good women are as old as time.

9 Likes

Re: Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 07, 2016
I don't know why someone would jump into a thread and all you can do is call feminist. Take out your time to read about feminism.

There is nothing like yesterday/today's wife. A bad wife is a bad wife! Take her from now to the future...she'll still be bad. Y'all act like you don't have any uncle with a bad wife from the so called YESTERDAY's wives.

1)Times have changed. Most husbands and wives work now...nothing wrong in him helping with the dinner, her manner of approach should be respectful.

2)Any woman that does that is a witch, yesterday, today or in future.

3)Why should anyone have plenty children in this economic dispensation_ figure 8 or nah. Why have so many kids that the elder ones would be made to train? If that's what it takes to be yesterday's wife, I rather be today's wife. 2kids... that's all.
Yes, body is very important to me_ I am vain like that. cry

4)Same as number 2_ very bad wife.

5)Very very bad wife still

6)A witch

Summary: There have always been bad women. You made it seem like all our mothers and aunties were angels.
Since you said, we still have some good women in today's wives_ same way we had bad women in yesterday's wives.

You guys should calm your *****

I rather be a good wife. smiley

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 07, 2016
The complaints about the younger generation of women/wives is too much.

If you as a man feel they are no more good for anything, why not go for your grandma's age or remain single?

There's a lot I'm not understanding here. You complain about them on Friday, and take them to the altar on Saturday. What sense is there to find there?

Hmmmm!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday by misspicy(f): 7:38pm On Oct 07, 2016
Typing……………
grin
Re: Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday by Atk1nson(m): 11:25am On Oct 08, 2016
byvan03:
Same women of yesterday that dumped their weakling husbands to pitch their tents with local warriors? People tend to romanticize things they know nothing about.

Very true, people are quick to fantasize the past

5 Likes

Re: Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday by jeff1607(m): 3:04pm On Oct 08, 2016
If a professor can be so myopic in his views about today's woman and yesterday's woman, I think project should be abolished in schools.

Not all yesterday's yesterday's women are as nice as stated here, some are worse than today's woman.

Not all present or today's ladies are bad as stated here, but they are hard to find.

If you see a good woman whether na today own or na yesterday own, bros hold am strong, infact catch am like ebola

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday by Biim: 3:46pm On Oct 09, 2016
If only the women of yesterday would tell you the truth about their marriage and what they had to put up with.
Sometime ago i dated a guy who felt life was all about him, i really tried to fit into his idea of an ideal woman but at a point i had to advise myself, protect my sanity and save myself from future headache. I gently went my way.
Nigerian men feel so entitled that they think a woman's life should revolve round that of her man, she came to this world to tend his selfish needs and at all times she must put his happiness over hers. Nonsense! have no interest in being like the women of yesterday. By the way i didn't read the post.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday by jashar(f): 12:09pm On Oct 10, 2016
lolz
Re: Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday by missjo(f): 1:32pm On Oct 10, 2016
Funny
Re: Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday by SAMBARRY: 3:01pm On Oct 10, 2016
PaperLace:
I don't know why someone would jump into a thread and all you can do is call feminist. Take out your time to read about feminism.

There is nothing like yesterday/today's wife. A bad wife is a bad wife! Take her from now to the future...she'll still be bad. Y'all act like you don't have any uncle with a bad wife from the so called YESTERDAY's wives.

1)Times have changed. Most husbands and wives work now...nothing wrong in him helping with the dinner, her manner of approach should be respectful.

2)Any woman that does that is a witch, yesterday, today or in future.

3)Why should anyone have plenty children in this economic dispensation_ figure 8 or nah. Why have so many kids that the elder ones would be made to train? If that's what it takes to be yesterday's wife, I rather be today's wife. 2kids... that's all.
Yes, body is very important to me_ I am vain like that. cry

4)Same as number 2_ very bad wife.

5)Very very bad wife still

6)A witch

Summary: There have always been bad women. You made it seem like all our mothers and aunties were angels.
Since you said, we still have some good women in today's wives_ same way we had bad women in yesterday's wives.

You guys should calm your *****

I rather be a good wife. smiley
take 5 for your objectivity.I Don taya for all their fruitless rants
Re: Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday by SAMBARRY: 3:05pm On Oct 10, 2016
Gaborone:
The complaints about the younger generation of women/wives is too much.

If you as a man feel they are no more good for anything, why not go for your grandma's age or remain single?

There's a lot I'm not understanding here. You complain about them on Friday, and take them to the altar on Saturday. What sense is there to find there?

Hmmmm!
don't mind it.I don't know Who they're deceiving
Re: Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday by bukatyne(f): 3:12pm On Oct 10, 2016
byvan03:

I think that is really the issue.

I was reading the Bible yesterday where Solomon said there was nothing new under the sun.

This thread reminded me.
Re: Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday by damiso(f): 3:17pm On Oct 10, 2016
byvan03:

Very well said. Some women of old I know ( some in my family ) make some women of today look like saints undecided. I have a grand aunt who left her husband with 4 kids, married another man,a chief wink cheesy had one child for him and then went back to her former husband who took her back. They even had another make up baby cheesy cheesy I don't know too many men of today tongue who would have taken her back.

2 Likes

Re: Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday by cococandy(f): 4:28pm On Oct 10, 2016
Go back to yesterday and marry.

6 Likes

Re: Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 10, 2016
Op is hilarious. He didn't even compare the men of yesterday and today's

Number 1 is they don't whine around

And op pls if you are so unsatisfied with the women of today don't marry. It's not a must. Or since time travelling is impossible you can go kill yourself and join the wives of yesterday

It is your choice
Re: Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 10, 2016
SAMBARRY:
take 5 for your objectivity.I Don taya for all their fruitless rants

I am sure you no taya reach me.
Obviously the men of today are all perfect, they either go marry from the women of yesterday or marry their fellow men of today. The later is even better_ population control.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday by Onegai(f): 6:15pm On Oct 10, 2016
damiso:

Very well said. Some women of old I know ( some in my family ) make some women of today look like saints undecided. I have a grand aunt who left her husband with 4 kids, married another man,a chief wink cheesy had one child for him and then went back to her former husband who took her back. They even had another make up baby cheesy cheesy I don't know too many men of today tongue who would have taken her back.

Puhlease! Wait, that gist sounds very familiar, abi it's not my family grin.

How about married mother of 1 starts sleeping with her married boss (father of 2) and then denies it furiously, only to pack into the boss' house and leave the 2 men squabbling over who gave her her 2nd pregnancy?

Or married father of 4 starts banging new wife and mother of 1 and they start lying that he is her "kinsman" and the poor unsuspecting husband not only swallows that story, he even starts carrying gifts to give his wife's "kinsman". Imagine person banging your wife amd collecting gift on top grin

Or young secretary who starts knacking married father of 3 and has to be waylaid and beaten up by wife's friends before she could receive sense and all of the women ended up buying shops on the same road in Balogun market.

And all these people, the youngest is 65 years old. All grandparents. If people only knew the shenanigans that happened in the past, they'd be so grateful of girls of today. Of course there are bad eggs, but to say in the past, all women were saints in the past and Modernity ruined that, that's just embarassingly wrong. Honestly, that show "SuperStory" never really quite had good storylines like some family gist grin

1 Like

Re: Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday by byvan03: 7:24pm On Oct 10, 2016
damiso:

Some making these ridiculous posts had grand mas that will make Jezebel appear a saint yet they are quick to jump on the younger generation.

1 Like

Re: Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday by dfrost: 7:25pm On Oct 10, 2016
ItsQuinn:
Change is forever constant, you need to accept change to grow smiley....the world evolve every second, the world is evolving as we speak smiley

Nice thread. I obviously know that ItsQuinn will be here. Iya of Family Section. I salute.

1 Like

Re: Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday by byvan03: 7:25pm On Oct 10, 2016
bukatyne:

I think that is really the issue.

I was reading the Bible yesterday where Solomon said there was nothing new under the sun.

This thread reminded me.

Even Bible had male prostitutes, so nothing really new.

1 Like

Re: Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday by bukatyne(f): 8:08pm On Oct 10, 2016
byvan03:

Even Bible had male prostitutes, so nothing really new.

Lol!

Someone will tell me olden days was better!

Indeed.

Same story, different times.

3 Likes

Re: Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday by Realhommie(m): 10:05pm On Oct 10, 2016
damiso:

Please, that your grand aunt, is she a Deltan and is she a chief?
Re: Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday by damiso(f): 11:19am On Oct 11, 2016
Realhommie:
Please, that your grand aunt, is she a Deltan and is she a chief?

No she is not a deltan cheesy wink which means you know another one sef that is deltan. so much for this olden day angels theory cheesy

Onegai:

Puhlease! Wait, that gist sounds very familiar, abi it's not my family grin.
How about married mother of 1 starts sleeping with her married boss (father of 2) and then denies it furiously, only to pack into the boss' house and leave the 2 men squabbling over who gave her her 2nd pregnancy?
Or married father of 4 starts banging new wife and mother of 1 and they start lying that he is her "kinsman" and the poor unsuspecting husband not only swallows that story, he even starts carrying gifts to give his wife's "kinsman". Imagine person banging your wife amd collecting gift on top grin
Or young secretary who starts knacking married father of 3 and has to be waylaid and beaten up by wife's friends before she could receive sense and all of the women ended up buying shops on the same road in Balogun market.
And all these people, the youngest is 65 years old. All grandparents. If people only knew the shenanigans that happened in the past, they'd be so grateful of girls of today. Of course there are bad eggs, but to say in the past, all women were saints in the past and Modernity ruined that, that's just embarassingly wrong. Honestly, that show "SuperStory" never really quite had good storylines like some family gist grin

Seriously, I actually think the influx of Pentecostal Christianity into Nigeria kinda curbed women a bit( not so sure about the men though wink )

Because the shenanigans and life style of some women from way back ehn lipsrsealed all this stay there and die kinda marriage was not in their dictionary. I don't know any woman in the 25-45 age bracket who had 4 kids for 3 husbands ( and is very proud of it) but off the top off my head I know over 65's with that scenario.
Re: Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday by Onegai(f): 11:29am On Oct 11, 2016
damiso:

No she is not a deltan cheesy wink which means you know another one sef that is deltan. so much for this olden day angels theory cheesy

Seriously, I actually think the influx of Pentecostal Christianity into Nigeria kinda curbed women a bit( not so sure about the men though wink )

Because the shenanigans and life style of some women from way back ehn lipsrsealed all this stay there and die kinda marriage was not in their dictionary. I don't know any woman in the 25-45 age bracket who had 4 kids for 3 husbands ( and is very proud of it) but off the top off my head I know over 65's with that scenario.

Pentecostal Christianity sanitised a lot. It made everyone more moralistic.
Re: Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday by damiso(f): 12:00pm On Oct 11, 2016
Onegai:

Pentecostal Christianity sanitised a lot. It made everyone more moralistic.

I think it did but the 'morality' was more aimed at a certain target audience wink on certain issues i.e. .women and marriage. Cos a lot of times you see the women sticking it out at all costs these days more than the past. Not like its necessarily a bad thing but its just funny when you see posts that romanticise the past.

Alot of older aunties and grandmas cant even comprehend the 'ruth abokokus me and my husband' ( ruth die with husband cheesy) antics of the girls of these generation. I guess its cos there was more openness about polygamy so they sef no send the man cheesy cheesy I have aunties who cant understand all these 'our house our land ' business. They are asking 'what of your own house, what of your own land' cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday by Realhommie(m): 12:04pm On Oct 11, 2016
damiso:

Lolz.... Yes ooooo, I know one. She's a double chief titled woman, we use to attend same church. Really funny oooo coz i never heard of such b4 her own story ooooo. And i was like undecided... WTF!!!! Hehehehehe
Re: Comparative Analysis Between Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday by Onegai(f): 12:04pm On Oct 11, 2016
damiso:

I think it did but the 'morality' was more aimed at a certain target audience wink on certain issues i.e. .women and marriage. Cos a lot of times you see the women sticking it out at all costs these days more than the past. Not like its necessarily a bad thing but its just funny when you see posts that romanticise the past.

Alot of older aunties and grandmas cant even comprehend the 'ruth abokokus me and my husband' ( ruth die with husband cheesy) antics of the girls of these generation. I guess its cos there was more openness about polygamy so they sef no send the man cheesy cheesy I have aunties who cant understand all these 'our house our land ' business. They are asking 'what of your own house, what of your own land' cheesy cheesy

From childhood, I was told "house and land in your name". Those women didn't play and didn't carry Man ontop their heads like we do. But yeah, rose-tinted glasses at the "saints of the past and sinners of tomorrow".

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do Men Here Have Sisters At All And Still Bash Women This Way? / My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers / The Brutal Truth No One Would Tell You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.