Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,332 members, 7,954,344 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:07 PM

Need Help Installing Gta4 On Pc - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Need Help Installing Gta4 On Pc (1645 Views)

Installing PES Patch On Ps3 / Gta4 And Hit Man Absolution / Pls Help Me, I Got This Error After Installing Gta 5 On My PC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help Installing Gta4 On Pc by princekami(m): 8:11am On Oct 07, 2016
I just bought gta4 cd, after installing it refuse to open saying some file is missing, someone should pls tell me the steps to follow. it is just one cd.
Re: Need Help Installing Gta4 On Pc by princekami(m): 10:16am On Oct 07, 2016
help ooo
Re: Need Help Installing Gta4 On Pc by nigmarelli(m): 7:56pm On Oct 07, 2016
princekami:
I just bought gta4 cd, after installing it refuse to open saying some file is missing, someone should pls tell me the steps to follow. it is just one cd.

Boss well done,what are your laptop specs?Post a screenshot of the error it says when you launch it and things like that then we know how we can help.
Re: Need Help Installing Gta4 On Pc by nigmarelli(m): 7:57pm On Oct 07, 2016

Boss well done,what are your laptop specs?Post a screenshot of the error it says when you launch it and things like that then we know how we can help.
Re: Need Help Installing Gta4 On Pc by princekami(m): 5:42am On Oct 08, 2016
lappy specs are dell inspirion 4 gig ram 320 hdd 1 gig nvidia.
Re: Need Help Installing Gta4 On Pc by princekami(m): 5:47am On Oct 08, 2016
datz it,

Re: Need Help Installing Gta4 On Pc by princekami(m): 5:55am On Oct 08, 2016
it keeps saying this program can't start because d3dx9_31.dll is missing from your computer, try reinstalling to fix the problem
Re: Need Help Installing Gta4 On Pc by nigmarelli(m): 10:58am On Oct 08, 2016
princekami:
it keeps saying this program can't start because d3dx9_31.dll is missing from your computer, try reinstalling to fix the problem

Greetings Boss,you specs definitely can handle it.Does the game require a crack?If so have you applied it?As for the direct x thingie,download the full offline package of directx 11 or 12(latest) if it's available and install it.I believe that will solve the problem.If it doesn't,download the very file it's asking for,from the site they'll instruct you where to put it(normally it'll be zipped,just extract and copy the .dll file and open your local disc and locate windows,open it and locate system 32 and systemwow64 folders and paste in the two folders also paste in the installed Gta iv installation directory if necessary,it should work afterwards).If you have any difficulty just let me know.
Re: Need Help Installing Gta4 On Pc by princekami(m): 6:03pm On Oct 08, 2016
I got the direct x already, nw if I open it, it won't open it will just vanish from my system
Re: Need Help Installing Gta4 On Pc by nigmarelli(m): 7:35pm On Oct 08, 2016
princekami:
I got the direct x already, nw if I open it, it won't open it will just vanish from my system

Hmmm Boss you'll have to sort that out o!I dont know what could be causing that.Maybe you anti-virus is removing it.Just follow the steps there and it would work.
Re: Need Help Installing Gta4 On Pc by exclusivesam53: 9:33pm On Oct 08, 2016
Temporarily disable ur antivirus and make sure u not connected to the internet while installing. As for d missing file check d disk u installed with for crack or fix. If no, google is ur bestfriend, when found, copy and paste in installation folder(right click on the game icon-open file location) Paste it
Re: Need Help Installing Gta4 On Pc by exclusivesam53: 9:57pm On Oct 08, 2016
To avoid future errors like dat go to www.getintopc.com and search for directx 11, download and install ( u probably need winrar for extractin, if u dont hv it u can download it there also) then search for vc redistributable and download and install all d years u see in it to be on the safeside) make sure u disable ur antivirus before any of dat.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

All Gameboy Console Available / Best Andriod Strategy Games / I've Been Playing Pes For Long But I Dont Really Have The Skills To Play It Well

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.