Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,666 members, 7,809,516 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

Mantras - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mantras (7938 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mantras by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 20, 2016
Anas09:
Hello Sarassin?

Hello Anas09
Re: Mantras by emmanuelbrown26: 9:36pm On Dec 20, 2016
I pm u for private discussion
Re: Mantras by Nobody: 10:35pm On Dec 20, 2016
emmanuelbrown26:
I pm u for private discussion

My apologies, I haven't gotten to my emails in a bit.
s.menagheni@gmail.com
Re: Mantras by Anas09: 10:37pm On Dec 20, 2016
Sarassin:

Hello Anas09
Missed you around here. You are good i guess?
Re: Mantras by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 20, 2016
Anas09:

Missed you around here. You are good i guess?

Aaaaaw thanks, the place is still rocking, I am still in one piece, and hows you ?
Re: Mantras by Anas09: 10:43pm On Dec 20, 2016
Sarassin:

Aaaaaw thanks, the place is still rocking, I am still in one piece, and hows you ?
Good, good. Somewhere in those very cold places?

Compliment of the season. Well, i know you don't share it with me, but all the same, Compliments.
Re: Mantras by Nobody: 10:56pm On Dec 20, 2016
Anas09:

Good, good. Somewhere in those very cold places?

Compliment of the season. Well, i know you don't share it with me, but all the same, Compliments.

Yeah...freezing. Compliments of the season to you and all my best wishes. Keep up the good work.
Re: Mantras by Anas09: 11:33pm On Dec 20, 2016
Sarassin:

Yeah...freezing. Compliments of the season to you and all my best wishes. Keep up the good work.
grin grin grin, I don't see any good work am doing here sir
Re: Mantras by emmanuelbrown26: 7:58am On Dec 21, 2016
Sarassin:

My apologies, I haven't gotten to my emails in a bit. s.menagheni@gmail.com
alright, thanks
Re: Mantras by Rilwayne001: 8:39am On Dec 21, 2016
Anas09:

Very good that you yourself are aware as well.
Re: Mantras by Nobody: 10:08am On Dec 21, 2016
Anas09:

Your presence here alone, is a good work. wink
Re: Mantras by Anas09: 10:18am On Dec 21, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Very good that you yourself are aware as well.
When humans are having a discussion, muslims are not permitted to interfer.

Get out.
Re: Mantras by Rilwayne001: 11:02am On Dec 21, 2016
Anas09:

When humans are having a discussion, muslims are not permitted to interfer. Get out.

Lord knows where you inherited this spirit of insulting and cursing from.. Smh for you. So indirectly you are saying Muslims are not humans but some other things, maybe animals, isn't it?

So much for love your neighbor as yourself undecided undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mantras by Anas09: 11:16am On Dec 21, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Lord knows where you inherited this spirit of insulting and cursing from.. Smh for you. So indirectly you are saying Muslims are not humans but some other things, maybe animals, isn't it?

You got it right. My neighbours are human.
Re: Mantras by Rilwayne001: 11:18am On Dec 21, 2016
Anas09:

You got it right. My neighbours are human.

I get your point. You are indeed Christ-like. Well done ehn!! smiley
Re: Mantras by Anas09: 11:22am On Dec 21, 2016
LoJ:

Your presence here alone, is a good work. wink
Thank you love. You sef, long time. Where have you been? There are some people we secretly admire and want to keep seeing.

Compliment of the season Jare.
Re: Mantras by Anas09: 11:24am On Dec 21, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Which lord are you referring to sef? lord muhammed or lord allah?
Re: Mantras by Rilwayne001: 11:26am On Dec 21, 2016
Anas09:

Which lord are you referring to sef? lord muhammed or lord allah?

Are you asking an animal?
Re: Mantras by Anas09: 11:27am On Dec 21, 2016
Rilwayne001:

I get your point. You are indeed Christ-like. Well done ehn!! smiley
Get out Muslim. embarassed
Re: Mantras by Anas09: 11:28am On Dec 21, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Are you asking an animal?
You've not heard of Animal Kingdom? The Animals there talk.
Re: Mantras by Rilwayne001: 11:31am On Dec 21, 2016
Anas09:

You've not heard of Animal Kingdom? The Animals there talk.

Okay.
Re: Mantras by Anas09: 12:34pm On Dec 21, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Okay.
Finally, some sense.
Re: Mantras by Nobody: 1:23pm On Dec 21, 2016
Anas09:

Thank you love. You sef, long time. Where have you been? There are some people we secretly admire and want to keep seeing.

Compliment of the season Jare.
I am always there, I hardly go for 24h without logging in. I read and learn here and there. I usually answer when questions are addressed to me. Or if I feel I have anything of some worth contribute.

Thank you. May you enjoy next year. How is your business? I am confident it will flourish some more.

Sincere Greetings.
Re: Mantras by Anas09: 1:33pm On Dec 21, 2016
LoJ:

I am always there, I hardly go for 24h without logging in. I read and learn here and there. I usually answer when questions are addressed to me. Or if I feel I have anything of some worth contribute.

Thank you. May you enjoy next year. How is your business? I am confident it will flourish some more.

Sincere Greetings.
Thanks dear. Business is flourishing. We shall live through next year.
Re: Mantras by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 21, 2016
Anas09:

Thanks dear. Business is flourishing. We shall live through next year.
So must it be. smiley
Re: Mantras by Anas09: 4:38pm On Dec 21, 2016
LoJ:

So must it be. smiley
Amen.
Re: Mantras by Nobody: 10:07pm On Dec 21, 2016
When the words of a mantra become fully activated by the constant practice of the practitioner, the mantra becomes fully energised and circles around the head and the heart. At this deep stage one is not concerned with its translated or verbal meaning but only with the kind of consciousness it produces. Therefore it is not a matter of what one is doing but of what is being done to one. The mantra brings you into a region of released forces which become very active in you, anything can be accomplished.

Therefore the master of the mantra becomes a symbol of help.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mantras by emmanuelbrown26: 1:13pm On Dec 22, 2016
Sarassin:

When the words of a mantra become fully activated by the constant practice of the practitioner, the mantra becomes fully energised and circles around the head and the heart. At this deep stage one is not concerned with its translated or verbal meaning but only with the kind of consciousness it produces. Therefore it is not a matter of what one is doing but of what is being done to one. The mantra brings you into a region of released forces which become very active in you, anything can be accomplished.

i replied ur mail sir, hv not heard from thee
Re: Mantras by NoWorries7(m): 6:41pm On Dec 28, 2016
Sarassin:

Pls, Can I send pm to you sir? Need spiritual help.
Re: Mantras by Nobody: 11:41pm On Dec 28, 2016
NoWorries7:
Pls, Can I send pm to you sir? Need spiritual help.

Yes.
Re: Mantras by Nobody: 12:03am On Dec 29, 2016
Hmm. Interesting. During my 'journey' in finding the truth (I'm still on the road) I came across the concept of mantras. I tried it though, and tried to believe it. Nothing happened. The mantra goes something like

"Oom, Tryambakam Yajamahe. . ."

I can't rember all the lines but maybe you might know it. Anyway, I didn't feel anything different despite strongly believing in it at the time.

Now, more recently, I have read somewhere about so called 'occultic practices'. I'm still struggling with the concept of the human soul and how it works if it even exists. Anyway, in the book I read recently, using any of these is supposedly 'harmful' to your soul because it ignites certain 'areas' that your soul is not naturally ready for. Basically saying that in life, nothing special is required except living true to your conscience, and if you 'mature' along the way, things will come to you. But any occultic practice like hypnotism, mantra revitation, mudra seal forming, etc are supposed to be harmful. Or something like that. I'd like to hear your input.

This is particularly interesting because I've given all the benefit of doubt except hypnotism (which I will never try for personal reasons). I've recited mantras, made mudra hand seals, and nothing changed.

I'm tempted to think all this is just a load of crap. Excuse my language. Its frustrating looking everywhere and getting disappointed each time.
Re: Mantras by Nobody: 1:42am On Dec 29, 2016
AnonyNymous:
Hmm. Interesting. During my 'journey' in finding the truth (I'm still on the road) I came across the concept of mantras. I tried it though, and tried to believe it. Nothing happened. The mantra goes something like

"Oom, Tryambakam Yajamahe. . ."

I can't rember all the lines but maybe you might know it. Anyway, I didn't feel anything different despite strongly believing in it at the time.

Now, more recently, I have read somewhere about so called 'occultic practices'. I'm still struggling with the concept of the human soul and how it works if it even exists. Anyway, in the book I read recently, using any of these is supposedly 'harmful' to your soul because it ignites certain 'areas' that your soul is not naturally ready for. Basically saying that in life, nothing special is required except living true to your conscience, and if you 'mature' along the way, things will come to you. But any occultic practice like hypnotism, mantra revitation, mudra seal forming, etc are supposed to be harmful. Or something like that. I'd like to hear your input.

This is particularly interesting because I've given all the benefit of doubt except hypnotism (which I will never try for personal reasons). I've recited mantras, made mudra hand seals, and nothing changed.

I'm tempted to think all this is just a load of crap. Excuse my language. Its frustrating looking everywhere and getting disappointed each time.

A Mantra should be approached the way one approaches a lover, that is, with depth and feeling. In your post you refer to the Mahamrityunjaya Mantra which is taken from the Rig Veda, it is a mantra used to ward off untimely death, and to initiate healing and rejuvenation. It is a supplication to the Divine. The issues you have with it stem from the fact that it is a Bija mantra and must be transmitted to you with power by your Guru so you have the correct intonation in Sanskrit and the optimal breathing patterns to create the resonance. I have always stated that certain mantras can be dangerous if you mis-pronounce even a syllable or you accord it an errant inflection. It is a powerful Mantra and I can assure you it does work but I would not give it to a neophyte or a dilettante, if needs must then one with authority would chant it on behalf of the designate.

It is understandable that the uninitiated will consider “occult practices” dangerous, and there are indeed certain aspects that can be dangerous to the unwary but it may surprise you to learn that practices like Mudra gestures, hypnotism and mantra recitations are not necessarily occult practices, they are not hidden practices, they are in fact mundane practices, Mudra hand gestures in particular are quite beneficial healthwise and judicious practice of appropriate Mantras combined with meditative practice will undoubtedly change your life, We each possess the ability and wherewithal to effect changes in our lives it is a question of guidance and direction.

It is always best to start with a simple Mantra first just to attune the mind, even the simple “OM” will do.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Albert Einstein Is Wiser Than God / We Have No Grudges Against Adeboye - Children Of Founder / Eternal Sacred Order Of Cherubim And Seraphim Church Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.