Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Mantras - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mantras (7992 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mantras by SirTunechi(f): 9:07am On Dec 30, 2016
Sarassin:

A Mantra should be approached the way one approaches a lover, that is, with depth and feeling. In your post you refer to the Mahamrityunjaya Mantra which is taken from the Rig Veda, it is a mantra used to ward off untimely death, and to initiate healing and rejuvenation. It is a supplication to the Divine. The issues you have with it stem from the fact that it is a Bija mantra and must be transmitted to you with power by your Guru so you have the correct intonation in Sanskrit and the optimal breathing patterns to create the resonance. I have always stated that certain mantras can be dangerous if you mis-pronounce even a syllable or you accord it an errant inflection. It is a powerful Mantra and I can assure you it does work but I would not give it to a neophyte or a dilettante, if needs must then one with authority would chant it on behalf of the designate.

It is understandable that the uninitiated will consider “occult practices” dangerous, and there are indeed certain aspects that can be dangerous to the unwary but it may surprise you to learn that practices like Mudra gestures, hypnotism and mantra recitations are not necessarily occult practices, they are not hidden practices, they are in fact mundane practices, Mudra hand gestures in particular are quite beneficial healthwise and judicious practice of appropriate Mantras combined with meditative practice will undoubtedly change your life, We each possess the ability and wherewithal to effect changes in our lives it is a question of guidance and direction.

It is always best to start with a simple Mantra first just to attune the mind, even the simple “OM” will do.
any mantra for improving memory and intelligence
Re: Mantras by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 30, 2016
SirTunechi:

any mantra for improving memory and intelligence

Yes.
Re: Mantras by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 30, 2016
flexshop:

Which mantra go make person get money like bill gates? This recession bad gan...

All this inner peace thingy no get use.....

How person go get inner peace on minimum wage ni?
Hahahaha. I miss this thread sha. But ya comment funny die oo
Re: Mantras by SirTunechi(f): 3:23am On Dec 31, 2016
Sarassin:

Yes.
give me biko, exams are upcoming
Re: Mantras by Nobody: 4:15am On Dec 31, 2016
"mantras" or mere placebos
Your brain could be supplanting this "experiences" you know.....
Re: Mantras by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 31, 2016
SirTunechi:

give me biko, exams are upcoming

Better you study your books.

3 Likes

Re: Mantras by MizMyColi(f): 6:23pm On Dec 31, 2016
Sarassin:

Better you study your books.

cheesy
Re: Mantras by Nobody: 6:46pm On May 22, 2017
AlvanT:
108? Oh my! That's a lot but thank you very much though but Sir I have another issue I just relapsed out of atheism and I'm still finding my feet in spirituality.I just had to conclude that some events are paranormal that's why I accepted spirituality,I've been researching and deeply practicing meditation,fasting,tithing but there are still elements of doubt in me like "what ifs".e.g what if I'm not gifted? How long do I have to practice meditation to start seeing results? The one I can ascertain with absolute evidence is that I do have dreams after each meditative session.Please guide me on my new path...atheism is the bridge between religion and spirituality for me and I don't want to be caught inbetween,how long do I have to wait to see result cos I know I shouldn't force myself.

With respect to the Ganapataye mantra, it is the mantra of protection and obstacle removal, it also serves to clear a spiritual path for you. You need to do a minimum of 108 repetitions it will take no more than say 15 minutes of your time/day and the benefits are immense.

With respect to the second part of your question, spiritual practice is never hurried, the only true guarantees of your progress are your clarity of purpose, singularity and sincerity of practice.

Spiritual "gifts" can be acquired through attaining Mantra Siddhi but mostly through deepening meditative practice and then divining your spiritual path in life. Atheism per se never works for spiritual practice, you have to believe in something, in the final reckoning it is what you believe in that will save you.

Some will do meditative practice for a lifetime and never achieve Gnosis, others will do it for a comparatively shorter period and transcend. You meet the “Atman” your overself when you have learnt to find the stillness within the gaps of your breath and unfortunately there are no shortcuts.

Consider that you have wiped the slate clean and you are starting all over again, ask yourself without ego what do you want out of life? and meditate on it, ponder it and do it as long as you have to in order to answer your question satisfactorily to yourself.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mantras by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 22, 2017
Sarassin:
Some will do meditative practice for a lifetime and never achieve Gnosis, others will do it for a comparatively shorter period and transcend. You meet the “Atman” your overself when you have learnt to find the stillness within the gaps of your breath and unfortunately there are no shortcuts.

Consider that you have wiped the slate clean and you are starting all over again, ask yourself without ego what do you want out of life? and meditate on it, ponder it and do it as long as you have to in order to answer your question satisfactorily to yourself.
Thank you for this answer (tho it was not a question of mine). It has helped me find an answer to an inner worry.
Re: Mantras by Nobody: 7:03pm On May 22, 2017
LoJ:

Thank you for this answer (tho it was not a question of mine). It has helped me find an answer to an inner worry.

You're very welcome indeed.
Re: Mantras by flexshop(m): 11:58pm On May 22, 2017
Sarassin:

You're very welcome indeed.

Asked a question earlier but still no answer.

Which practical mantra can be used to attract wealth?

That's what 90 percent of your followers are interested in according to a recent online poll! angry undecided
Re: Mantras by Ranchhoddas: 12:31am On May 23, 2017
Thank you Sarassin.

I still don't get the vibration part though. Is it a physical vibration like a phone or something? (Forgive my ignorance).

What exactly is the "Mantra Siddhi'' and what is to be expected when this state of grace is attained?

Many thanks!!!
Re: Mantras by Nobody: 1:13am On May 23, 2017
flexshop:

Asked a question earlier but still no answer.

Which practical mantra can be used to attract wealth?

That's what 90 percent of your followers are interested in according to a recent online poll! angry undecided

Good things come to those who wait.

To attract wealth and abundance we entreat the beautiful goddess Lakshmi. Lakshmi personifies all that is good fortune and enlightenment. Chanting her mantra puts you in the Divine stream of abundance and good health. It is particularly good for those who work for themselves. Most of all, you must have a pathway.

If you chant this mantra do not wear dark colours, White or yellow will do and be barefoot. Reverence and sincerity are essential they are your only tools. Lose yourself in this mantra. Do a Japa (a round of 108 chants) or several rounds, vibrate the Mantra and elongate all the vowels into a rhythmic verse. This Mantra is unique in that when you chant it long enough, you will hear Lakshmi sing it back to you.

OM SHRI MA HA LAKSHMA EE NAMAHA

Vibrate the Mantra, elongate all the vowels
Re: Mantras by Nobody: 1:45am On May 23, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Thank you Sarassin.

I still don't get the vibration part though. Is it a physical vibration like a phone or something? (Forgive my ignorance).

What exactly is the "Mantra Siddhi'' and what is to be expected when this state of grace is attained?

Many thanks!!!

When you chant a Mantra an intense vibratory energy is produced by repetitive chants. For instance think of an opera singer a high-pitched tenor who can use the pitch of his voice to shatter a glass pane, very rare but it can happen.

Similarly repetitive Mantra chanting produces vibrations which in turn produces an energy field in consonance with the goals of the chant. You begin to transcend when your mind takes over the chant as a reflex and you temporarily suspend awareness. You have to experience the state of Grace yourself, I cannot describe it you.

The point of chanting a Mantra is to achieve a set goal. When you achieve the goal you are said to have achieved Mantra Siddhi or accomplishment. For instance, I have just given the Lakshmi Mantra, if one were to chant it 125,000 times then such a person would achieve the aim of the Mantra.
Re: Mantras by Ranchhoddas: 12:06pm On May 23, 2017
Sarassin:

When you chant a Mantra an intense vibratory energy is produced by repetitive chants. For instance think of an opera singer a high-pitched tenor who can use the pitch of his voice to shatter a glass pane, very rare but it can happen.

Similarly repetitive Mantra chanting produces vibrations which in turn produces an energy field in consonance with the goals of the chant. You begin to transcend when your mind takes over the chant as a reflex and you temporarily suspend awareness. You have to experience the state of Grace yourself, I cannot describe it you.

The point of chanting a Mantra is to achieve a set goal. When you achieve the goal you are said to have achieved Mantra Siddhi or accomplishment. For instance, I have just given the Lakshmi Mantra, if one were to chant it 125,000 times then such a person would achieve the aim of the Mantra.
Okay I think I understand.

Can one feel this vibratory energy or is it just released without ones knowledge?

How would a person know that he's making vibratory progress?

What does it mean to "vibrate the mantra" ?
Re: Mantras by Nobody: 12:42pm On May 23, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Okay I think I understand.

Can one feel this vibratory energy or is it just released without ones knowledge?

How would a person know that he's making vibratory progress?

What does it mean to "vibrate the mantra" ?

Yes you can feel the vibrations, usually in the form of enhanced or heightened awareness. You may find that your body tingles and the more you practice, the more developed and the more intense your vibrations become as various Chakras gradually become active. People experience the manifestation of their vibrations in different ways but the key is to direct and put this energy to good use.

You vibrate a mantra by dwelling as long as possible on all the syllables, you bring up the sound from your diaphragm on your in-breathe and expel the sound on your out-breathe. You should find a rhythm for your mantra, always.
Re: Mantras by Ranchhoddas: 9:19pm On May 23, 2017
Sarassin:

Yes you can feel the vibrations, usually in the form of enhanced or heightened awareness. You may find that your body tingles and the more you practice, the more developed and the more intense your vibrations become as various Chakras gradually become active. People experience the manifestation of their vibrations in different ways but the key is to direct and put this energy to good use.

You vibrate a mantra by dwelling as long as possible on all the syllables, you bring up the sound from your diaphragm on your in-breathe and expel the sound on your out-breathe. You should find a rhythm for your mantra, always.
Wow!

Thanks!
Re: Mantras by flexshop(m): 4:02pm On Jul 21, 2017
Sarassin:

Good things come to those who wait.

To attract wealth and abundance we entreat the beautiful goddess Lakshmi. Lakshmi personifies all that is good fortune and enlightenment. Chanting her mantra puts you in the Divine stream of abundance and good health. It is particularly good for those who work for themselves. Most of all, you must have a pathway.

If you chant this mantra do not wear dark colours, White or yellow will do and be barefoot. Reverence and sincerity are essential they are your only tools. Lose yourself in this mantra. Do a Japa (a round of 108 chants) or several rounds, vibrate the Mantra and elongate all the vowels into a rhythmic verse. This Mantra is unique in that when you chant it long enough, you will hear Lakshmi sing it back to you.

OM SHRI MA HA LAKSHMA EE NAMAHA

Vibrate the Mantra, elongate all the vowels

Mr sarassin,

This your mantra no do anything.
Any other one?

1 Like

Re: Mantras by Ranchhoddas: 8:33pm On Jul 21, 2017
flexshop:

Mr sarassin,

Any other one?
Did you make a 125,000 repetitions of the mantra?

Did you hear the goddess sing it back to you?
Re: Mantras by flexshop(m): 8:49pm On Jul 21, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Did you make a 125,000 repetitions of the mantra?

Did you hear the goddess sing it back to you?

Unless the goddess transform to mosquito sing for my ear, I didn't hear anything....

And why must I say something 125,000 times to be heard? The goddess get ear problem?

Re: Mantras by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 22, 2017
flexshop:

Mr sarassin,

Any other one?

Mr Flexshop, there are no mantras that do not work. The key is always the application, mantras work by producing vibrations within you that alter your perspective in order to open up new vistas for you, but you must have an avenue for fulfilment in other words if you're a business person and you recite the mantra then you would see a quantum increase and so on. Also keep in mind, and this applies to everyone that mantras should be recited without expectations, look on it as a gift from you to the universe, do the recitations and completely put the matter out of your mind.

Finally mantras must be recited with deep feeling. If you are approaching Lakshmi, then learn about her, more likely than not if you approach her with humility, she will appear to you in a way that you will recognise.

1 Like

Re: Mantras by oaroloye(m): 1:22pm On Jul 23, 2017
SHALOM!

Sarassin:

In the beginning there was sound, and if there were to be no sounds then the world would not exist.

Sound creates structure or forms based on the principle of sympathetic resonance. For instance if you tune a tuning fork you will observe that the one next to it will also resonate on the same frequency in sympathy. Sound and resonance are important in our lives. It has in fact created the world!

The ancients in their wisdom discovered that our Chakras i.e the energy centers in our bodies are responsive to specific sounds we shall call Mantras. These root sounds or mantras can and do influence the DNA of the matter inside of us, when all the energy centers are awakened in a harmonious manner, things will happen for us automatically with least of our efforts.

There are mantras to bring one out of emotional or physical pain, mantras to destroy mental suffering, for fulfillment and accomplishment, there are also mantras to protect from accidents, ill health, and mantras to bring you out of confinement. Mantras are gifts of the Divine to help obliterate the darkness of our minds.

But then Sound makes no judgments. Mantras work for good or for bad based on the nature of the mantra being utilised. Just as there are good mantras, there are harmful mantras. Just as you can heal a person in a matter of hours with a root mantra, you could just as easily kill a person with the appropriate mantra.

Therefore, one must be careful how they are used.

This is WRONG.

The Oyinbos murdered their wicked way around the World, and peoples learnt the hard way not to give the White Apes The Good Stuff anymore.

What they think they know about MANTRAS is WRONG.

RESONANT FREQUENCIES can do a LOT, but the TRUE Power of a Chant is SPIRITUAL, and has NO FREQUENCY.

[See: SCIENTOLOGY 0-8: The Book of Basics, by L. Ron Hubbard.
THE EAGLE'S GIFT, by Carlos Castaneda.
THE POWER OF SILENCE, by Carlos Castaneda.]
Re: Mantras by Khonifer: 1:48pm On Jul 23, 2017
Sir Sarassin, A question.

I've gone through a whole lot of your threads, and honestly it seems you are a wizard of some sort cheesy

Has your knowledge in anyway affected you negatively? Like, have you been able to have a normal, or at least almost normal life? Do you sleep, or drive or have sex or laugh like the rest of us? Are you married?

Pardon the questions, I'm just very curious.

And to the topic. You said something about reciting one of them 108 times. Do you mean at least 108 times or strictly 108 times?
Re: Mantras by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 23, 2017
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

This is WRONG.

The Oyinbos murdered their wicked way around the World, and peoples learnt the hard way not to give the White Apes The Good Stuff anymore.

What they think they know about MANTRAS is WRONG.

RESONANT FREQUENCIES can do a LOT, but the TRUE Power of a Chant is SPIRITUAL, and has NO FREQUENCY.

[See: SCIENTOLOGY 0-8: The Book of Basics, by L. Ron Hubbard.
THE EAGLE'S GIFT, by Carlos Castaneda.
THE POWER OF SILENCE, by Carlos Castaneda.]

A chant is a chant, a Mantra is a Mantra and I don't agree with you.

In the beginning there was sound, and if there were to be no sounds then the world would not exist.

Sound creates structure or forms based on the principle of sympathetic resonance. For instance if you tune a tuning fork you will observe that the one next to it will also resonate on the same frequency in sympathy. Sound and resonance are important in our lives.........
Re: Mantras by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 23, 2017
Khonifer:
Sir Sarassin, A question.

I've gone through a whole lot of your threads, and honestly it seems you are a wizard of some sort cheesy

Has your knowledge in anyway affected you negatively? Like, have you been able to have a normal, or at least almost normal life? Do you sleep, or drive or have sex or laugh like the rest of us? Are you married?

Pardon the questions, I'm just very curious.

And to the topic. You said something about reciting one of them 108 times. Do you mean at least 108 times or strictly 108 times?

Hello Khonifer I hope you found some of my posts interesting. Actually I would not describe myself as a wizard, a wizard being a specific type of practitioner. I would characterise myself more as a Mystic. Sure, there have been on occasion negative impacts, particularly as a family person I find that I often have to spend inordinate amounts of time in seclusion and that can be difficult, but as an “old school” mystic we were taught that the most successful mystic practitioners live amongst others virtually unrecognised, never seeking nor drawing attention, helping others and subtly imposing one’s will on their environment in a positive manner.

I practise Tantra and mind-blowing-sex is a big part of that, and yes I do love to drive, I have my trusty TVR for the long drives of solitude and the family wheels, so, no I am not an ascetic.

Most Sanskrit mantras are to be recited at least 108 times, or in multiples thereof. Which one are you interested in?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mantras by stanleyalpacino(m): 11:49pm On Jul 23, 2017
Sarassin:

Hello Khonifer I hope you found some of my posts interesting. Actually I would not describe myself as a wizard, a wizard being a specific type of practitioner. I would characterise myself more as a Mystic. Sure, there have been on occasion negative impacts, particularly as a family person I find that I often have to spend inordinate amounts of time in seclusion and that can be difficult, but as an “old school” mystic we were taught that the most successful mystic practitioners live amongst others virtually unrecognised, never seeking nor drawing attention, helping others and subtly imposing one’s will on their environment in a positive manner.

I practise Tantra and mind-blowing-sex is a big part of that, and yes I do love to drive, I have my trusty TVR for the long drives of solitude and the family wheels, so, no I am not an ascetic.

Most Sanskrit mantras are to be recited at least 108 times, or in multiples thereof. Which one are you interested in?

I am interested in the Om Shri Ma ha lakshma ee namaha Mantra but i do make mistakes while recitingit cuz its actually hard to keep chanting the same words over and over without biting my tongue. How do i perfect chanting this mantra ?
Re: Mantras by flexshop(m): 12:23am On Jul 24, 2017
Sarassin:

Mr Flexshop, there are no mantras that do not work. The key is always the application, mantras work by producing vibrations within you that alter your perspective in order to open up new vistas for you, but you must have an avenue for fulfilment in other words if you're a business person and you recite the mantra then you would see a quantum increase and so on. Also keep in mind, and this applies to everyone that mantras should be recited without expectations, look on it as a gift from you to the universe, do the recitations and completely put the matter out of your mind.

Finally mantras must be recited with deep feeling. If you are approaching Lakshmi, then learn about her, more likely than not if you approach her with humility, she will appear to you in a way that you will recognise.

angry
All this one na long thing.
Abeg teach me magick
Money and wealth magick
Re: Mantras by oaroloye(m): 9:42am On Jul 24, 2017
Sarassin:

A chant is a chant, a Mantra is a Mantra and I don't agree with you.

A MANTRA is a REPEATED CHANT with the Goal of attaining Spiritual Enlightenment.

If you are still stuck on PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES- Tone, Volume, Pitch, Duration- you still have not reached Pure Spirit Level.

When that happens, the Attributes BREAK DOWN, and you become aware of the Spiritual Power you were INTENDING to perceive- with your whole body. (There is no "THIRD EYE."wink
Re: Mantras by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 24, 2017
flexshop:

angry
All this one na long thing.
Abeg teach me magick
Money and wealth magick

Sure, I can teach you wealth magick, have you practised before?
Re: Mantras by stanleyalpacino(m): 12:24pm On Jul 24, 2017
Sarassin:

Hmmmmmm. We are listening sir. cool
Re: Mantras by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 24, 2017
oaroloye:

A MANTRA is a REPEATED CHANT with the Goal of attaining Spiritual Enlightenment.

If you are still stuck on PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES- Tone, Volume, Pitch, Duration- you still have not reached Pure Spirit Level.

When that happens, the Attributes BREAK DOWN, and you become aware of the Spiritual Power you were INTENDING to perceive- with your whole body. (There is no "THIRD EYE."wink

Typing with caps locked is bad form, it is considered shouting I would appreciate it if you would not do so on this thread.

A repeated chant is not necessarily a mantra. One can chant any gibberish.

I gave a physical description of the attributes of Mantras, nobody is stuck on these physical attributes as you say, this is entirely your own assumption. Nowhere in my post which you have grandly declared wrong have I brought up "Third eye".
Re: Mantras by foxe(m): 12:40pm On Jul 24, 2017
Sarassin:

am interested....i will also love learning lucid dreaming,obe, and astral traveling...and the most important which is inner peace and unconditional love...shalom

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

When Did The Old Covenant End? - Paul Ellis / Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? / Why You Should Be Very Careful What Church You Attend - A MUST READ!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.