Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,243 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

What Is Religion Turning Us Into - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Religion Turning Us Into (3310 Views)

Is Religion The Problem Of The World? / Thank God For Slavery- A Case Of Religion Turning Blacks To Fools / The 'Hatist' Manifesto - Is Religion Worth It? (Incomplete) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Religion Turning Us Into by Wilgrea7(m): 11:40pm On Oct 07, 2016
Religion has really changed the world... it has changed many of us..

I've come to understand something..
a Christian can give u proof he is right
a muslim can give u proof he is right
a jew can give u proof he is right

then who is really right?
which religion is really true
for the Christians... what if u die and find out the Muslims were correct
for the Muslims.. what if u die and find out the Christians were correct..
what z the base of ur truth rather than a book which tells u it is true?

has religion really blinded us
people now claim holier than thou yet they can't help their fellow man in need
they will rush to pay tithes but will never donate a dine to that legless man on the road. religious wars still continue till tomorrow
sometimes i wonder... is religion really helping us

i know one idiot will like to say Christianity isn't a religion.... pls slap anyone u catch saying that

but seriously .. where are we headed??

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Religion Turning Us Into by hopefulLandlord: 11:46pm On Oct 07, 2016
Nice Thread!
we should separate religion from the government
that's when we'll start making meaningful progress in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: What Is Religion Turning Us Into by Wilgrea7(m): 12:03am On Oct 08, 2016
truth is ... all we have today are religious dogmas. they all believe they are right and the worst part is they never want to hear the other side of the story... below is their mentality

I am right
I am right because i know i am right not because of evidence or proof.. i just know i am right
you are wrong as long as u don't believe in what i believe in
i cannot be wrong
i cannot listen to you because you are wrong but you must listen to me because i am right
no matter the evidence u provide i will always be right and u will always be wrong until u believe what i believe

the above is the life of a dogma

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is Religion Turning Us Into by EyeHateGod: 1:18am On Oct 08, 2016
Religion Feeds on our Lazyness

1 Like

Re: What Is Religion Turning Us Into by Karleb(m): 1:38am On Oct 08, 2016
Religion is another word for division and the root of our problem.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Religion Turning Us Into by Bimffo(m): 3:12am On Oct 08, 2016
Religion is a cankerworm in the Nigerian society. It has divided us, and make us hate each other, just because we just want to know something that doesn't exist.

If we can face religion as a problem, we will tackle every problem in our society.

And anyone that says Hinduism or Buddhism (or any of this other way of life) is not a religion should check the meaning of reliogion on wiki or google..

Religion is a prison Yard. We must be free from it.
Re: What Is Religion Turning Us Into by byteHead(m): 8:30am On Oct 08, 2016
Religion originated in fear and curiosity.

Religion implies d renouncement of human reason and justice. It is d most decisive negation of human liberty and necessarily ends in d enslavement of mankind both in theory and practice.

1 Like

Re: What Is Religion Turning Us Into by honourhim: 9:07am On Oct 08, 2016
Wilgrea7:

they will rush to pay tithes but will never donate a dine to that legless man on the road. religious wars still continue till tomorrow

i know one idiot will like to say Christianity isn't a religion.... pls slap anyone u catch saying that

Religion surely has its negative side and atheism has its negative side so you cannot just put the whole blame on religion.
Yes atheists dont pay tithe and offerings but are you now saying that all of them are helping the poor man on the street? And are you saying that no christian helps the poor? You people like to see atheism as one big perfect achievement. It is not pls. Atheism is just unbelief in god, nothing fantastic about it, stop deceiving yourself. How many atheists help the poor since they are not paying tithe and offering? A good number of christians do pay their tithe and offering and still help the poor.Do you know how many people i ve paid their school fees? Do you know how many people i ve helped to get a job. Do you know how many people i ve helped in business? Do you know how many people that i ve put food on their table? Yet i pay my tithe and offering. I have fellow christian friends that are doing far more than i am doing. There are also many more christians that i dont know who do much more than me so what are you talking about biko?
A good number of churches run welfare program that visit prisons, hospitals, motherless babies homes and give gifts to them on weekly or monthly basis. You people should stop your one sided accusation of religion. I believe some muslims too are helping the poor.
Diversity is part of humanity. We cant all be doing same thing or thinking the same way. Because we have brain that is given to us to think you will continue to see diversity everywhere.
Atheists dont think the same way either so whats the noise about?

2 Likes

Re: What Is Religion Turning Us Into by Eddlad: 9:19am On Oct 08, 2016
Wilgrea7:

If you acknowledge the fact that they have proof then why can't you understand their stance.

I follow scriptures and I will admit that we pale in comparison to people of those times, their love, faith and attitude in God is exceedingly lacking.

But you can't pitch the problems of the world at Christianity's doorstep, Jesus lead a peaceful,kind,loving and blameless life and asked all to do same, the kind of lives we lead are really independent of this, but can be guided by this. People just finding ways to exploit the Bible to achieve their aims, with or without the Bible this won't change. You probably do too but not within this confines, so why can't you see its in the heart of man to continual do bad.

Want something to blame? Blame yourself.
Re: What Is Religion Turning Us Into by Eddlad: 9:20am On Oct 08, 2016
EyeHateGod:

So you are occupied then? What have you achieved thus far.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Religion Turning Us Into by Eddlad: 9:24am On Oct 08, 2016
byteHead:

Religion originated in fear and curiosity.

Religion implies d renouncement of human reason and justice. It is d most decisive negation of human liberty and necessarily ends in d enslavement of mankind both in theory and practice.

Justice? Pls tell me how man would have naturally come to practice justice, my survival isn't just not based on yours it's even more likely without you polluting and consuming half of what would have been mine alone.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Religion Turning Us Into by honourhim: 9:26am On Oct 08, 2016
Eddlad:

So you are occupied then? What have you achieved thus far.

Brilliant question. Thanks my dear.
This guys are so foolish. They see themselves as great achieves because they are atheists. You can imagine their level of stupidity.

1 Like

Re: What Is Religion Turning Us Into by Scholar8200(m): 9:31am On Oct 08, 2016
EyeHateGod:
Fallacy 101! There are millions of religious folks who are achievers, what then?

2 Likes

Re: What Is Religion Turning Us Into by EyeHateGod: 9:32am On Oct 08, 2016
Scholar8200:
Fallacy 101! There are millions of religious folks who are achievers, what then?
Did they work for what they have? or stay at home hoping?
Re: What Is Religion Turning Us Into by EyeHateGod: 9:34am On Oct 08, 2016
honourhim:

Brilliant question. Thanks my dear.
This guys are so foolish. They see themselves as great achieves because they are atheists. You can imagine their level of stupidity.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Religion Turning Us Into by Scholar8200(m): 9:35am On Oct 08, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Did they work for what they have? or stay at home hoping?
But you just said religion feeds on laziness! Anyone who reads that would think everyone who has a faith is a lazy person. Corollary? Learn to post without these sweeping generalisations. If that was your problem, say it as it is.

Besides, I am yet to find a religion that exhorts faithfuls to, "stay at home hoping" and not work.. If you have ANY such place in the Bible, kindly quote it.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Religion Turning Us Into by EyeHateGod: 9:44am On Oct 08, 2016
Scholar8200:
But you just said religion feeds on laziness! Anyone who reads that would think everyone who has a faith is a lazy person. Corollary? Learn to post without these sweeping generalisations. If that was your problem, say it as it is.

Besides, I am yet to find a religion that exhorts faithfuls to, "stay at home hoping" and not work.. If you have ANY such place in the Bible, kindly quote it.
.Maybe i should mean religious institutions??
Re: What Is Religion Turning Us Into by Scholar8200(m): 9:47am On Oct 08, 2016
EyeHateGod:
.Maybe i should mean religious institutions??
Again,not all.

1 Like

Re: What Is Religion Turning Us Into by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 08, 2016
THE BIBLE IS THE BOOK OF PROPHECY!
It has vividly spoken of the Past, Present and the Future.
There is no single thing that has happened or is yet to happen that the Bible hasn't spoken of, in clear terms.
What the problem is, actually, is that the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, keeping them from SEEING THE LIGHT OF THE GOSPEL OF THE GLORY OF CHRIST -2Corinth.4:4.
It takes a high level of folly, not to trust and follow the ONLY Book that has given us the perfect picture of LIFE.
Re: What Is Religion Turning Us Into by byteHead(m): 10:19am On Oct 08, 2016
Eddlad:

Justice? Pls tell me how man would have naturally come to practice justice, my survival isn't just not based on yours it's even more likely without you polluting and consuming half of what would have been mine alone.

Empathy and compassion should be our moral guide. And these can be developed without religion.
Re: What Is Religion Turning Us Into by honourhim: 10:49am On Oct 08, 2016
[quote author=EyeHateGod post=50018750][/quote]

I thought you will answer the question that guy asked you. Why are you dodging it?
Can you now see that atheism doesn't make you an achiever? It only remains unbelief in God and nothing more. Stop deceiving yourself.
Re: What Is Religion Turning Us Into by EyeHateGod: 10:55am On Oct 08, 2016
honourhim:

I thought you will answer the question that guy asked you. Why are you dodging it?
Can you now see that atheism doesn't make you an achiever? It only remains unbelief in God and nothing more. Stop deceiving yourself.
What have u Achieved? would u start telling everybody u meet on social media? pls m not like that
Re: What Is Religion Turning Us Into by honourhim: 11:04am On Oct 08, 2016
EyeHateGod:

What have u Achieved? would u start telling everybody u meet on social media? pls m not like that

And you were quick to potray religious people as lazy. See how you reason.
Re: What Is Religion Turning Us Into by orisa37: 11:14am On Oct 08, 2016
EndTime Confusion is in. "Worshisp God", that's Religion. In Arabic, Worship God is "Islam". In Hebrew, it is "YHWH" and in Greek, it's "Yahweh". It's Latin translation is "Jehovah". Having got some various languages for Worship God, let us all approach God's Temple of Grace and Majesty with Pumps and Pagentry and with Knowledge that He makes us and His Words in our Tongues. In the U.S., Canterbury, Papacy, Iran, Iraq, Nigeria etc, never give Satan a Chance to stop you from Worshipping God in your own Tongue. In this wise, you know where you are all the time.
Re: What Is Religion Turning Us Into by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 08, 2016
The plan of d devil is to set confusion in d hearts of men... And he is seriously doing well with it.
Christianity is true but many people will fail to believe becasue d devil has created millions of religions to set up a field of religious confusion and unfortunately its working fine
Re: What Is Religion Turning Us Into by Wilgrea7(m): 11:42am On Oct 08, 2016
honourhim:

Religion surely has its negative side and atheism has its negative side so you cannot just put the whole blame on religion.
Yes atheists dont pay tithe and offerings but are you now saying that all of them are helping the poor man on the street? And are you saying that no christian helps the poor? You people like to see atheism as one big perfect achievement. It is not pls. Atheism is just unbelief in god, nothing fantastic about it, stop deceiving yourself. How many atheists help the poor since they are not paying tithe and offering? A good number of christians do pay their tithe and offering and still help the poor.Do you know how many people i ve paid their school fees? Do you know how many people i ve helped to get a job. Do you know how many people i ve helped in business? Do you know how many people that i ve put food on their table? Yet i pay my tithe and offering. I have fellow christian friends that are doing far more than i am doing. There are also many more christians that i dont know who do much more than me so what are you talking about biko?
A good number of churches run welfare program that visit prisons, hospitals, motherless babies homes and give gifts to them on weekly or monthly basis. You people should stop your one sided accusation of religion. I believe some muslims too are helping the poor.
Diversity is part of humanity. We cant all be doing same thing or thinking the same way. Because we have brain that is given to us to think you will continue to see diversity everywhere.
Atheists dont think the same way either so whats the noise about?

firstly... I'm not an atheist.. I'm a Christian with a question

secondly i never justified atheists. most atheists i know actually spend most of their time attacking religion instead of helping humanity. I'm not justifying atheism

on the case of Christians helping the poor... not all Christians actually help people in need.. although a number of them actually do. even muslims.. some people find it hard to help someone from another religion . i never said all Christians or Muslims are stingy.. I'm just talking about what religion has done in the lives of people
Re: What Is Religion Turning Us Into by Wilgrea7(m): 11:47am On Oct 08, 2016
Eddlad:

If you acknowledge the fact that they have proof then why can't you understand their stance.

I follow scriptures and I will admit that we pale in comparison to people of those times, their love, faith and attitude in God is exceedingly lacking.

But you can't pitch the problems of the world at Christianity's doorstep, Jesus lead a peaceful,kind,loving and blameless life and asked all to do same, the kind of lives we lead are really independent of this, but can be guided by this. People just finding ways to exploit the Bible to achieve their aims, with or without the Bible this won't change. You probably do too but not within this confines, so why can't you see its in the heart of man to continual do bad.

Want something to blame? Blame yourself.

its the same thing.
when the bible is exploited the masses who don't study it get wrong info nd live their life based on it believing they are right... nd I'm not just talking about Christianity.. I'm talking about religion as a whole
Re: What Is Religion Turning Us Into by Wilgrea7(m): 11:50am On Oct 08, 2016
[quote author=ROCK100 post=500
It takes a high level of folly, not to trust and follow the ONLY Book that given the perfect picture of LIFE. [/quote]

the same thing u said z the same thing a muslim said.. its the same thing a jew said... so wats d difference
Re: What Is Religion Turning Us Into by Wilgrea7(m): 11:56am On Oct 08, 2016
Anger:
The plan of d devil is to set confusion in d hearts of men... And he is seriously doing well with it.
Christianity is true but many people will fail to believe becasue d devil has created millions of religions to set up a field of religious confusion and unfortunately its working fine

so all others are false right? because the devil has deceived them but not you.. please give proof of the above assumption.

if you really understand that most of other religions are just trying to worship the supreme creator tho through various means u won't say they're false
Re: What Is Religion Turning Us Into by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 08, 2016
Wilgrea7:

so all others are false right? because the devil has deceived them but not you.. please give proof of the above assumption.

if you really understand that most of other religions are just trying to worship the supreme creator tho through various means u won't say they're false
mind u, they do not worship God but d devil as God but most of them being blinded to d truth. There are religious gurus who know d truth but wouldnt tell d followers...
Re: What Is Religion Turning Us Into by Wilgrea7(m): 1:55pm On Oct 08, 2016
Anger:
mind u, they do not worship God but d devil as God but most of them being blinded to d truth. There are religious gurus who know d truth but wouldnt tell d followers...

yh. its the same thing.. exactly what you're saying about them is what they're saying about u

apart from that i don't think anyone would worship devil knowing its devil. most people being deceived don't know it.. if they did they'll change.. and there's not much of authenticity in the world.. everybody is just saying “i am the truth" when no one can actually stand the test of deep questioning and some will conclude by saying that those r things that cannot be known in this world
Re: What Is Religion Turning Us Into by bennyann: 2:41pm On Oct 08, 2016
What is religion(which of the religions) turning us(which people) into(into what if I may ask)?

Well as a Christian, I haven't been turned into anything but to influence my world with love. My main mission is to love the Lord my God with all my heart and all my soul and also to love my neighbor as myself.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

You Rob God, When You Refuse To Help Others By Azemobor Gregory / Who Trnslated The Bible To Igbo Language For The First Time? / Youth Success Camp 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.