Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,093 members, 7,811,064 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel (30128 Views)

Advantages & Disadvantages Of Staying In School Hostel / Items OAU Student Stole From The School Hostel (Picture) / Photos Of The Scorpion I Killed In My School Hostel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by owukpa(m): 7:20am On Oct 08, 2016
A certain Godwin Ejeh, an SS3 student of Jesus College, Otukpo has been electrocuted to death in an attempt to charge his phone directly from a naked wire in the school hostel.

WWW.IDMAVOICE.COM gathered that the school authority does not allow any student to use handset within the school premises but the deceased disobeyed.

Mr. Ella Samuel the principal of the school told IDOMA VOICE that, "I received a call from one of my staff yesterday while I was on an assignment that one of my students has been shocked by electric, that I should rush down to the clinic immediately, on reaching the clinic.
“I only came to meet his dead body. On getting back to my school, after some findings, I discovered that incident happened while he was trying to charge his phone according to another student by the name lucky who witness the incident. I sincerely sympathize with the family of deceased and I pray his soul rest in perfect peace. Amen,” he told IDOMA VOICE.

The deceased corpse was deposited at the mortuary of Otukpo general hospital but will be laid to rest yesterday 7th October 2016 in Owukpa,
Ogbadibo local government area of Benue state.

SOURCE>>>>>>>http://www.idomavoice.com/2016/10/jesus-college-tragedy-godwin-ejeh-died.html

1 Like

Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by kunzyomi(m): 7:22am On Oct 08, 2016
RIP

3 Likes

Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by shamack: 7:23am On Oct 08, 2016
Oooops sorry dude,,,,our environment is not safe
Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by McCarlito(m): 7:28am On Oct 08, 2016

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by olumaxi(m): 7:29am On Oct 08, 2016
Tryin to charge directly from an unclad wire......most times,man is d architect of his own fortune and misfortune......rip young man

1 Like

Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by 1x2x3: 7:30am On Oct 08, 2016
In a sane country the school should be sued and made to pay heavily for having an unclad wire in a hostel.

31 Likes

Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by devilmaycry: 7:34am On Oct 08, 2016
mehnnn... Op what's the name of the school self ... Otukpo is my hometome... Btw RIP nigg[/right]

1 Like

Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by TPAND(f): 7:48am On Oct 08, 2016
I never knew Jesus established a college on earth before his ascension to heaven.

But hol up, electrical engineers, is it possible to have a wire carrying that much voltage that can electrocute an individual exposed in a residential setting.
The school should be investigated and a Techincal audit should be conducted to ascertain the safety of the school to students. The parents should also sue the school for negligence

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by veekid(m): 12:43pm On Oct 08, 2016
Gbese re o
Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by youngberry001(m): 12:44pm On Oct 08, 2016
RIP
Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by olutosfem(f): 12:45pm On Oct 08, 2016
RIP young man but I don't get the reason for the poster now.
Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by babyfaceafrica: 12:45pm On Oct 08, 2016
its well
Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by Saheed9: 12:47pm On Oct 08, 2016
haba
Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by vislabraye(m): 12:47pm On Oct 08, 2016
Bringing a phone to school is not enough reason for him to be electrocuted. The school authority should not have been negligent.
Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by obembet(f): 12:49pm On Oct 08, 2016
why poster for 18 years boy. RIP

2 Likes

Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by Iseoluwani: 12:49pm On Oct 08, 2016
Naked wire?

He should know it is risky.

This happens when you go to school and you don't allow School to pass through you

Anyways

RIP
Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by celestialAgent(m): 12:49pm On Oct 08, 2016
Rip…

Too bad..
Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by 3ses(f): 12:51pm On Oct 08, 2016
It is well
Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by Houseofglam7(f): 12:53pm On Oct 08, 2016
Poor shame.
R.I.P young one.
Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by sisisioge: 12:54pm On Oct 08, 2016
What is an inclad wire doing in the students hostel? The school is liable jor! They should ensure the premises is safe for all!

May God rest the soul of the departed and give his loved ones the fortitude to bear the loss.

1 Like

Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by ihedioramma: 12:56pm On Oct 08, 2016
O so sorry dear but RIP AMEN .
Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 08, 2016
undecided
Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by sheddo619(m): 1:00pm On Oct 08, 2016
1x2x3:
In a sane country the school should be sued and made to pay heavily for having an unclad wire in a hostel.
So u think the school purposely left Unclad wires around, I guess you've never attended a boarding school

14 Likes

Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by Desdola(m): 1:03pm On Oct 08, 2016
What a loss. RIP
Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by Boyooosa(m): 1:04pm On Oct 08, 2016
Nawao! Running back to work.
Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by Missmossy(f): 1:05pm On Oct 08, 2016
Jeez!! So tragic embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by Boyooosa(m): 1:07pm On Oct 08, 2016
Back from work.
Ha ha! Charging phone as an offence should not attract death penalty na. These our secondary schools self.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records / Kwara Poly First Batch Admission List Is Out / Castro Ezama: 60% Of Girls In Secondary Schools In Cross River Are Not Virgins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.