Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,499 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel (30141 Views)

Advantages & Disadvantages Of Staying In School Hostel / Items OAU Student Stole From The School Hostel (Picture) / Photos Of The Scorpion I Killed In My School Hostel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by DTOBS(m): 1:09pm On Oct 08, 2016
TPAND:
I never knew Jesus established a college on earth before his ascension to heaven.

But hol up, electrical engineers, is it possible to have a wire carrying that much voltage that can electrocute an individual exposed in a residential setting.
The school should be investigated and a Techincal audit should be conducted to ascertain the safety of the school to students. The parents should also sue the school for negligence
Awesome comment...
The school needs to be investigated for that. Moreover, hostels should not be having sockets except for the bulb to give light ray at night.

1 Like

Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by Teeboi56: 1:20pm On Oct 08, 2016
which kind nonsense poster is this naw 18 years old obituary haaaa u IGBO people wit alot of mysterious sha ,even if 10 years old dead u we still post obituary
Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by Skookum(m): 1:30pm On Oct 08, 2016
sheddo619:
So u think the school purposely left Unclad wires around, I guess you've never attended a boarding school
Boarding sku with many mischievous behaviour from student even with it high decipline still d same...
Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by Flakosixfive(m): 1:42pm On Oct 08, 2016
McCarlito:
RIP dude.. ..
In other news; what the hell is JESUS COLLEGE
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3566558_obasanjosayingwhatkindofnonsenseisthisusethisgifforauselesspost_jpegb43f9e12d3366301a4fc7b62edcaf83e

One of the early post primary schools established in the middle belt around the early 1940s by methodist missionaries.
Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by XtremelyCoded(m): 2:15pm On Oct 08, 2016
Such a young and promising boy...

God give us Long life
Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by godson4u79(m): 2:18pm On Oct 08, 2016
1x2x3:
In a sane country the school should be sued and made to pay heavily for having an unclad wire in a hostel.
and if you are a sane somebody you won't make such comment cos The school already barred student from using phone in the school hostel.. so the boy died as a result of his disobedience. Use ur number 6 dts if u av one.

1 Like

Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by AXYZ: 2:33pm On Oct 08, 2016
TPAND:
I never knew Jesus established a college on earth before his ascension to heaven.

But hol up, electrical engineers, is it possible to have a wire carrying that much voltage that can electrocute an individual exposed in a residential setting.
The school should be investigated and a Techincal audit should be conducted to ascertain the safety of the school to students. The parents should also sue the school for negligence

Good point bro, but is it really practicable here
Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 08, 2016
1x2x3:
In a sane country the school should be sued and made to pay heavily for having an unclad wire in a hostel.

I doubt if the wire's default state was unclad, I'm sure it's the students that stripped off the rubber insulator. you should know what student are capable of...

2 Likes

Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by dadaha: 2:39pm On Oct 08, 2016
the school authority does not allow any student to use handset within the school premises but the deceased disobeyed.
right now I can't say where he is but RIP undecided

1 Like

Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by gmacnoms(m): 2:45pm On Oct 08, 2016
Iseoluwani:
Naked wire?

He should know it is risky.

This happens when you go to school and you don't allow School to pass through you

Anyways

RIP
since d day dat electric heater almost killed me ( 13yrs ago), I hav had dis phobia for anythin electric. I stay far from wire alot. Even gen wire sef I dey handle with utmost care because of d fear wey d experience don put in me
Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by Oluschenco(m): 2:45pm On Oct 08, 2016
R.I.P. dude
Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by ekelepat(m): 2:59pm On Oct 08, 2016
rip cry
Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by Iseoluwani: 3:18pm On Oct 08, 2016
gmacnoms:
since d day dat electric heater almost killed me ( 13yrs ago), I hav had dis phobia for anythin electric. I stay far from wire alot. Even gen wire sef I dey handle with utmost care because of d fear wey d experience don put in me

Same with me. I no dey play with wire.
To charge my gionee wey get iron for im body sef dey fear me grin
Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by gmacnoms(m): 3:20pm On Oct 08, 2016
Iseoluwani:

Same with me. I no dey play with wire.
To charge my gionee wey get iron for im body sef dey fear me grin
lol
Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by sluk(m): 3:24pm On Oct 08, 2016
Op did you say 'will be laid to rest yesterday '...? O Lawd I don't want to say anything

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by honimun007(m): 3:42pm On Oct 08, 2016
R I P
Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by yusscity(m): 3:42pm On Oct 08, 2016
TPAND:

Wat happened assumedly was he touched both live n neutral wires at d same time.....mind u f anyone does he will die....if u need more technical explanation... PM me
Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by mojeed4(m): 4:00pm On Oct 08, 2016
sisisioge:
What is an inclad wire doing in the students hostel? The school is liable jor! They should ensure the premises is safe for all!

May God rest the soul of the departed and give his loved ones the fortitude to bear the loss.

The students made the unclad wires with the intention of charging with it. So they try as much as possible to hide it feom the school...
Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by Kassidy90(m): 4:14pm On Oct 08, 2016
owukpa:
A certain Godwin Ejeh, an SS3 student of Jesus College, Otukpo has been electrocuted to death in an attempt to charge his phone directly from a naked wire in the school hostel.

WWW.IDMAVOICE.COM gathered that the school authority does not allow any student to use handset within the school premises but the deceased disobeyed.

Mr. Ella Samuel the principal of the school told IDOMA VOICE that, "I received a call from one of my staff yesterday while I was on an assignment that one of my students has been shocked by electric, that I should rush down to the clinic immediately, on reaching the clinic.
“I only came to meet his dead body. On getting back to my school, after some findings, I discovered that incident happened while he was trying to charge his phone according to another student by the name lucky who witness the incident. I sincerely sympathize with the family of deceased and I pray his soul rest in perfect peace. Amen,” he told IDOMA VOICE.

The deceased corpse was deposited at the mortuary of Otukpo general hospital but will be laid to rest yesterday 7th October 2016 in Owukpa,
Ogbadibo local government area of Benue state.

SOURCE>>>>>>>http://www.idomavoice.com/2016/10/jesus-college-tragedy-godwin-ejeh-died.html

Hmmm 9ja bloggers

Anyways RIP to d boi
Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 08, 2016
It costs nothing to be a decent person. Now he's gone, whether the school will pay hundreds of millions or not, the young man is no more. Rip to the dead.
Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by Originalsly: 4:55pm On Oct 08, 2016
1x2x3:
...you can sue...but would never win when you intentionally went out of the way to tamper with and steal electricity from that wire.@topic...Hmmmm.... electrocuted to death.... will be buried yesterday.... longgggg way to go.
Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by Juanthenairague: 4:57pm On Oct 08, 2016
obembet:
why poster for 18 years boy. RIP
I don't understand some people. Why is it your headache
Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by domopps(m): 4:58pm On Oct 08, 2016
RIP
Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by seamus387(m): 5:40pm On Oct 08, 2016
sheddo619:
So u think the school purposely left Unclad wires around, I guess you've never attended a boarding school
. So you think d student intentionally electrocuted himself abi?. I guess dat incident was d school fault. Who kwns hw long d unclad wire is dere.
Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by tete7000(m): 6:57pm On Oct 08, 2016
Obedience, the scripture says is better than sacrifice. Rip boy!
Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by Sirlanister(m): 6:59pm On Oct 08, 2016
Jesus
Am an ex student of the school oh.
This has been the major problem of the school.
But I thought the school normally barn handset na!
Rip dear.
Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 08, 2016
No charging of phones at the school premises, All he had to do was to obey the Rules, simples!
Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by Nobody: 7:50pm On Oct 08, 2016
gmacnoms:
same here grin grin i bet it was a petrifying experience? It took bravery and time before i could go near electrical gaggets.
Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 08, 2016
This death was an avoidable death, from were i am standing angry
Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 08, 2016
Sirlanister:
Jesus

Am an ex student of the school oh.

This has been the major problem of the school.

But I thought the school normally barn handset na!

Rip dear.
Really? Then you must know ST MARY PRIMARY SCHOOL near jesus colledge, is st mary still there? Do you know?
Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by Jeffy1206(m): 8:22pm On Oct 08, 2016
Chei rip o... My former school fa... Gone are the days cry
Re: Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel by seunlly(m): 11:36pm On Oct 08, 2016
Rip young bro.
lesson for others.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [chemistry Thread] / Registered Errand Boy At The Ahmadu Bello University Zaria / Ex-student Shows His Bsc After Covenant University Failed Release His Transcript

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.