Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,085 members, 7,957,055 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:06 AM

Restoration And Forgiveness By zac Poonen - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Restoration And Forgiveness By zac Poonen (4773 Views)

Head-covering For Women-Zac Poonen / Tongue Of Fire Restoration Ministry Pastor In Sex Scandal (photos) / The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Restoration And Forgiveness By zac Poonen by TI1919(m): 4:46pm On Oct 08, 2016
In 2 Corinthians 2, we read about the restoration of the brother whom Paul had disciplined earlier (1 Corinthians 5).Now Paul says, “You should receive him back now” ( 2 Cor.2:6–8 ). That brother had learnt his lesson when everyone in the church avoided him – and he saw how dark it was out in the world. He had set matters right and given up his sinful ways. But now he was discouraged and depressed, sitting alone at home. Paul asked the church to restore him.

If someone has done you harm and you don’t forgive him, Satan can destroy your life.
The purpose of all discipline is to bring a brother back into fellowship with God and the church. A father disciplines his child, not to drive him out of the house, but to make him a better son. If the son is a grown man and rebellious, then the father may tell him to leave his house. But even in such a case, once the son has learnt his lesson (like the prodigal son), the father will welcome him back home. This is what Paul is saying here. Paul says, “If you forgive him anything, I also forgive” (2:10). And then, there is a word for all of us: “We must forgive others so that no advantage is taken of us by Satan” (2:11). It is extremely dangerous to live without having forgiven someone.

If someone has done you harm and you don’t forgive him, Satan can destroy your life. The person who harmed you may repent later and enter God’s kingdom. But you, who never did him any wrong, may go to hell, because you didn’t forgive him. That looks unrighteous – that the person who did the wrong goes to heaven and you who suffered the wrong goes to hell. But it can happen if he repents and you don’t forgive him. Jesus said, “If you don’t forgive someone, My heavenly Father will not forgive you” (Matthew 6:15). If your heavenly Father does not forgive you, how can you enter heaven? So if you die without forgiving anyone, as per Jesus’ word here, you will go to hell, irrespective of how long you were a believer before that. So, we must develop the habit of forgiving others immediately, no matter what harm they did to us.Otherwise Satan will get an advantage over us.
Paul says, “We are not ignorant of his schemes” (2:11). Satan is always trying to trip us up. Why do you think Satan constantly reminds you of the evil things that others have done to you in the past? Do you think
he is sympathising with you? No. He already got a hold of that other person to harm you. Now he wants to get a hold of you as well! Don’t be ignorant of his schemes. Forgive everyone.

Once a brother came to me and complained that someone had done a number of evil things to him. I asked him, “Has he crucified you yet?” He said, “No.” So I told him, “Then you have a long way yet to go in following Jesus, because He forgave even those who crucified Him.”

Paul’s testimony in 2:14 – “Thanks be to God who always leads us in His triumph in Christ” – came to me as a challenge many years ago –especially the word ‘always.’ I wondered if that was possible. Paul experienced constant triumph – and thanked God for giving him such a life. He didn’t say that he was walking in triumph by his own power.No. He said that it was God Who led him in triumph always. So Paul was an overcomer. He wasn’t perfect. He did slip up occasionally. Towards the end of his life he once got angry and shouted at the high priest (Acts 23:3). But he humbled himself and asked for forgiveness, as soon as he was aware of his sin. Thus his fellowship with God was restored immediately– and he lived an overcoming life constantly.
Share it with your friends

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=58049&forum=45

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restoration And Forgiveness By zac Poonen by AWONEYAN(m): 7:07am On Oct 09, 2016
God bless you op,... one of the few men of God that I so much respect

1 Like

Re: Restoration And Forgiveness By zac Poonen by nmreports: 7:08am On Oct 09, 2016
My main fear is restitution.
Making right s the wrongs we had done.
Re: Restoration And Forgiveness By zac Poonen by pussypounder(m): 7:09am On Oct 09, 2016
What’s the difference between your wife and your job?

After five years, your job will still suck. angry
Re: Restoration And Forgiveness By zac Poonen by iliyande(m): 7:10am On Oct 09, 2016
What a great writeup
Re: Restoration And Forgiveness By zac Poonen by Nasa28(m): 7:13am On Oct 09, 2016
God bless your ministry

Nice write up
Re: Restoration And Forgiveness By zac Poonen by kingvectorv(m): 7:18am On Oct 09, 2016
Nice write up
Re: Restoration And Forgiveness By zac Poonen by Nutase: 7:22am On Oct 09, 2016
Re: Restoration And Forgiveness By zac Poonen by ORACLE1975(m): 7:24am On Oct 09, 2016
Attendance in Church on sunday
1. Human beings = 85
2. Bible = 27
3. Phone Charger = 507.
4. Rechargeable lamps = 212.
5. Rechargeable Torch = 176.
6. Power banks 132.
God is watching . ;
grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Restoration And Forgiveness By zac Poonen by bargi: 7:25am On Oct 09, 2016
To forgive someone is to our advantage. Let not allow unforgiveness take us to hell.
Re: Restoration And Forgiveness By zac Poonen by ijay18: 7:27am On Oct 09, 2016
It seems so difficult to forgive atimes esp when the hurt burns deep in your soul...but we thank God for the grace of our lord Jesus Christ who made all things perfect even our imperfection.
Re: Restoration And Forgiveness By zac Poonen by Jexyme(f): 7:41am On Oct 09, 2016
Re: Restoration And Forgiveness By zac Poonen by shotin(m): 7:43am On Oct 09, 2016
Forgiveness is good... If we can't forgive ourselves, how do we expect God to forgive us.... Nice write up....
Re: Restoration And Forgiveness By zac Poonen by amjou: 7:43am On Oct 09, 2016
Good one.
Forgiveness is so difficult with men, but easy for a man that harbors Christ.

I love Zac ponen's teachings.
Re: Restoration And Forgiveness By zac Poonen by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 09, 2016
Great love.
Re: Restoration And Forgiveness By zac Poonen by Pangea: 7:48am On Oct 09, 2016
ORACLE1975:
1. Human beings = 85
2. Bible = 27
3. Phone Charger = 507.
6. Power banks 132.
God is watching . ;

Welcome to the Nigerian church
May God have mercy on us !
Re: Restoration And Forgiveness By zac Poonen by TI1919(m): 7:51am On Oct 09, 2016
ORACLE1975:
1. Human beings = 85
2. Bible = 27
3. Phone Charger = 507.
6. Power banks 132.
God is watching . ;

cool
Re: Restoration And Forgiveness By zac Poonen by Young03(m): 7:56am On Oct 09, 2016
everyone has the right to comment here not like the other
Re: Restoration And Forgiveness By zac Poonen by EternalBeing: 7:58am On Oct 09, 2016
cheesy
Re: Restoration And Forgiveness By zac Poonen by IamtherealRita(f): 8:01am On Oct 09, 2016
The best thing one can do in this world is to Love Jesus wholeheartedly
Re: Restoration And Forgiveness By zac Poonen by beautycrush24(f): 8:07am On Oct 09, 2016
It's easy to ask someone to forgive.
Someone hurt me real bad and I let go and forgave the person. We still play and hangout and all that.

But d problem now is that I don't know if i truly forgave the person cos each time I remember the wrong done to me, I still feel hurt and betrayed. And I still make reference to that event.

I really want to forgive this person and totally let go but its proving to be more difficult than other times.

An advice or 2 on how to forgive someone and let go of the hurt would be really appreciated.
Re: Restoration And Forgiveness By zac Poonen by TI1919(m): 8:15am On Oct 09, 2016
beautycrush24:
It's easy to ask someone to forgive.
Someone hurt me real bad and I let go and forgave the person. We still play and hangout and all that.

But d problem now is that I don't know if i truly forgave the person cos each time I remember the wrong done to me, I still feel hurt and betrayed. And I still make reference to that event.

I really want to forgive this person and totally let go but its proving to be more difficult than other times.

An advice or 2 on how to forgive someone and let go of the hurt would be really appreciated.

Actually even the Bible did not say you will forget about it. What is important is that the devil uses that means to keep you away from God, don't let it bother you as you continue living it will go.

Be sincere when you pray to God speak your heart to him, let him give you the grace to let go

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restoration And Forgiveness By zac Poonen by TI1919(m): 8:20am On Oct 09, 2016
IamtherealRita

grin
Re: Restoration And Forgiveness By zac Poonen by Techpaded(f): 8:20am On Oct 09, 2016
Okay!
Re: Restoration And Forgiveness By zac Poonen by antontech(m): 8:25am On Oct 09, 2016
Good
Re: Restoration And Forgiveness By zac Poonen by Agimor(m): 9:01am On Oct 09, 2016
I pray God to give us the spirit to identify our wrongful act and also the ability to forgive those that wrong us. Amen!
Re: Restoration And Forgiveness By zac Poonen by smemud(m): 11:42am On Oct 09, 2016
Faith and believe are very addictive ,once you're addicted to it,you cannot let it go easily .All these people you see here. They are not God loving people ,they are God - fearing .sooner or later you will see them in hermitage again...be fearless...

The world"s so beautiful ,why should God live only in temples?
Re: Restoration And Forgiveness By zac Poonen by smemud(m): 11:43am On Oct 09, 2016
Faith and believe are very addictive ,once you're addicted to it,you cannot let it go easily .All these people you see here. They are not God loving people ,they are God - fearing .sooner or later you will see them in hermitage again...be fearless...

The world"s so beautiful ,why should God live only in temples?

I say have Faith in him,believe in him from your heart and you will find God.
Try to find God in humans and you will find God in humans sticks,stones e.t.c....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Quotes Regarding Islam By Some Western Philosophers / Is This Proof Of God? / Ray Boltz Says He's Gay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.