Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,820 members, 7,817,393 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness (13673 Views)

Jesus did not die for our sins and neither was he our substitute / Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss / Restoration And Forgiveness By zac Poonen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by Nobody: 12:01am On May 29, 2016
If Jesus died on the cross and spent three days in hell to pay for the sins of the world, then why would we have to go to hell ourselves and pay for them again?

God is then, in essence, being paid for our sins twice. With that said, was Jesus' sacrifice not worthy enough? If that is the case, why should we care that he died for our sins if his sacrifice means nothing at all?

Your contributions would go a long way in helping out a lot of faithless souls out there

8 Likes

Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by omoyemirally(f): 1:26am On May 29, 2016
Everyone would carry his or her own cross.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by hemartins(m): 9:39am On May 29, 2016
My contribution

"Unless you believe that I am He, you will die in your sins."

A lot of Jesus' theological teachings get pretty heady, so let's keep it super simple with illustrations...

Let's say Heaven is a room. Jesus would be the door to that room i.e the only access to the room.
The process of believing and accepting and confessing and all that, that's how you access that room, through Jesus.

Now what if you refuse to believe Him? That would be like me telling you plainly that this door will take you to heaven, and you say "No! I don't believe that door leads anywhere, I will not go through it."

What then? You are on the outside of the door, you will not come in. I don't believe God will leave you like this, but that's a different discussion. This would be a situation you have entirely put yourself into, for if Jesus offers us a gift[Salvation] and we throw it in His face, I certainly can't find any fault of Jesus' in that situation.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by chukslawrence(m): 9:40am On May 29, 2016
K
Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by amoduganja: 9:41am On May 29, 2016
,j
Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by SKAMM(m): 9:41am On May 29, 2016
Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by pass111(m): 9:41am On May 29, 2016
Jesus died and paid the price for every sin even the ones yet to be committed.
As I understand it, Jesus died for our sins didn't imply he died to keep us from sinning. He died for the forgiveness of our sins past, present, and future. As John said, if we claim we have no sin we lie and deceive ourselves (see 1 John 1:cool. In other words, we still sin but are forgiven. Although we must strive by way of the Holy Spirit that dwells within us not to sin.

So even after receiving him and you go on sinning and unfortunately you die without asking for forgiveness, I guess we all know the aftermath.

7 Likes

Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by cold(m): 9:42am On May 29, 2016
The absurdities of Christianity

6 Likes

Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by jerrado(m): 9:42am On May 29, 2016
Ok
Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by ibkgab001: 9:42am On May 29, 2016
Your word have I kept in my mind so I may not sin against thee
Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by Youngzedd(m): 9:42am On May 29, 2016
This one di strong.

Waiting for our Pastors in the house.
Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by tundeonline: 9:43am On May 29, 2016
Thats why he gave us the law, so when we violate the law we sin and goto hell.
Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by Sunmibare6(m): 9:45am On May 29, 2016
#well,he died for our initial sins which serves as an opportunity for us †̥♥ live again fo repentance,if he hadn't done that,then we wouldn't have been able †̥♥ repent again#"•̸ϞƔ Opinion though#
Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by greatiyk4u(m): 9:45am On May 29, 2016
He suffered on the cross so that THOSE who believe in him shall not perish, to believe in here means to LOVE HIM, and those who LOVE him keep his commandment....................

His suffering and death was the originator of grace

1 Like

Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by dsmooth1(m): 9:45am On May 29, 2016
O...Y...O...lobatan
Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by freecocoa(f): 9:48am On May 29, 2016
Stay there and keep asking questions with obvious answers.

I don't know how a jewish man supposedly dying, pays for the sins I (a black man) could not have committed at the time.

Makes no sense whatsoever.

3 Likes

Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by McKc22(m): 9:49am On May 29, 2016
Scammer indi Ala
Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by celeblanco2016: 9:50am On May 29, 2016
Nice
Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by chinedu202000(m): 9:51am On May 29, 2016
vargasvictory:
If Jesus died on the cross and spent three days in hell to pay for the sins of the world, then why would we have to go to hell ourselves and pay for them again?

God is then, in essence, being paid for our sins twice. With that said, was Jesus' sacrifice not worthy enough? If that is the case, why should we care that he died for our sins if his sacrifice means nothing at all?

Your contributions would go a long way in helping out a lot of faithless souls out there

The answers you seek is clearly written in John 3:16 (KJV) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:17-18 (KJV) For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. This is just the simple truth. so don't ask why again. do you believe in His sacrifice? Remember, His Name is Jesus/Yeshua.

4 Likes

Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by Strawman: 9:51am On May 29, 2016
"Helping out a lot of faithless souls"?? LOL cheesy
Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by rattlesnake(m): 9:57am On May 29, 2016
Nairaanders are sinners
After the rapture
Membership will increase
...i will not be here again sha....hehehehe
Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by amy4Christ20: 10:02am On May 29, 2016
shall we continue in sin that Grace will abound, God forbid!

2 Likes

Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by jayAjoku(m): 10:04am On May 29, 2016
Yeah our sins are forgiven forever. . Hebrews 11. We are made holy and righteous for ever

1 Like

Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by Stuntkid172(m): 10:04am On May 29, 2016
Op, talk to me
Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by histemple: 10:06am On May 29, 2016
I don't know why people like quoting bible instead of answering simple logical question

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by Stuntkid172(m): 10:07am On May 29, 2016
freecocoa:
Stay there and keep asking questions with obvious answers.

I don't know how a jewish man supposedly dying, pays for the sins I (a black man) could not have committed at the time.

Makes no sense whatsoever.
see your face. (onye mmanya)
Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by MrDavidson: 10:08am On May 29, 2016
Jesus Christ NEVER went to Hell as punishment for the sins of the world. He went there as a victory over the power of death.

And people don't go to Hell because they've to pay or atone for their sins - people go to Hell for blatantly refusing to turn from their sins. You only become a beneficiary of the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ after you accept it and turn from your sins. Unfortunately some people think that Christ having died for our sins gives them the go-ahead to continue sinning. Very wrong. Rather, it's what even empowers you to live above sins.

3 Likes

Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by buksaylor001: 10:09am On May 29, 2016
You must believe that he died and paid for your sins first and in that case you will not suffer it again.Its as simple as that-
Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by freecocoa(f): 10:11am On May 29, 2016
Stuntkid172:
see your face. (onye mmanya)
I'm sure it's finer than yours.( Onye mgbu)
Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by dannythethug: 10:17am On May 29, 2016
And we are supposed to believe this undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer / The End Of Reason:A Response To The New Atheists / Atheist State Your Reasons For Not Believing In God/Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.