Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Hausa Hip-hop; Evolution Of Music In The North - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Hausa Hip-hop; Evolution Of Music In The North (1793 Views)

"I Am North" - Kheengz Addresses The Popular Stereotypical Views Of The North / Why Is Music In Nigeria Today All About Love And Women? / Hottest 10 Hausa Rappers 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hausa Hip-hop; Evolution Of Music In The North by AmazingNeoTech(m): 6:10pm On Oct 08, 2016
I remember while I was growing up, I used to like Zakky Azzay. The most fascinating thing about this guy is not only his music, but his costume. You hardly see him without torchlight. I still recall some northern pioneers in music who do what we know as hip-hop. Although most of them have a somewhat different approach and style, we stilled loved their creativity. The likes of Funkiest Mallam, Billy O and even Eadriz Abdulkareem were in the fore front representing the north in the music industry. Simultaneously, while these people were running the stage another breed of northern musicians were been incubated and recently hatched.

Hausa hip-hop. The latest genre of hip-hop in Africa. It is basically a blend of what we know as hip-hop with Hausa dialect. This trend is moving so fast that the entertainment industry will soon be overwhelmed by it. The Hausa hip-hop is not a thing of today, as I mentioned earlier it has been in existence for quiet sometime. Many talented artists have adopted it as a means of expressing their artistry. Amazingly, the sound is also good. Some will make you want to tear your clothes apart. Others will make your body hair stand like rice farm. The quality of the music is simply awesome.

Recently, a number of multi-talented artists like ClassiQ, BOC Madaki, Dj AB, Kheengz and Morell have evolved. These guys and their record label are doing tremendous job and their passion has made significant contribution to the development of Hausa hip-hop. Fans are also showing their appreciation for the movement. Many have gone as far as attending events and shows in other states. The Northern blog had some interview session with some of these stars. Let’s brace ourselves, a huge wave is coming. The next Grammy Award winner may just be your neighbor. It’s time the North vomit all its talents.
SOURCE: www.thenortherner.com.ng

Re: Hausa Hip-hop; Evolution Of Music In The North by enua(m): 2:11pm On Oct 09, 2016
just wait till i erupt with ma punchlines and bars

1 Like

Re: Hausa Hip-hop; Evolution Of Music In The North by EbenzMedia: 7:18pm On Oct 09, 2016
BONANZA! BONANZA!! BONANZA!!

Record a song for #8000 which includes mixing and mastering with quality production guaranteed and get free online promotion with massive hypes on facebook and twitter. Bonanza ends soon. Contact 08034361384 for enquiries.
Re: Hausa Hip-hop; Evolution Of Music In The North by godwinadoga(m): 8:37am On Nov 13, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Album: Danny Gokey – Haven’t Seen It Yet (free Download) / Download : Billie Ft. Peruzzi – Abeg Abeg / [AUDIO+VIDEO+LYRICS] LIFT UP YOUR HEADS - FEMI FLAMES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.