Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,764 members, 7,824,203 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

How Can I Install Apps In Sd Card On My Tecno W3? (help Needed) - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Can I Install Apps In Sd Card On My Tecno W3? (help Needed) (35626 Views)

My Tecno Phantom 8 Unboxing — What's With The Fingerprint Magnet? / My Tecno Spark Experience (battery Life) / Awoof! Enjoy Unlimited Free 20GB + Unlimited Recharge Card On MTN Sim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Install Apps In Sd Card On My Tecno W3? (help Needed) by afezy110(m): 7:25pm On Feb 13, 2017
CrEaToRmalden:

Search well bruv, you will find it.
8GB ain't a cool idea on my own perspective based on the type of user I am. I did advice you to go for 16GB, even this 32 is still not okay for me. angry
not there bro
Re: How Can I Install Apps In Sd Card On My Tecno W3? (help Needed) by afezy110(m): 7:29pm On Feb 13, 2017
CrEaToRmalden:

Search well bruv, you will find it.
8GB ain't a cool idea on my own perspective based on the type of user I am. I did advice you to go for 16GB, even this 32 is still not okay for me. angry
its not an option on my phone o

Re: How Can I Install Apps In Sd Card On My Tecno W3? (help Needed) by afezy110(m): 7:32pm On Feb 13, 2017
Oscarpraise:
Get itel S31, you won't have issues like this
is it because they have a flagship phone now. dead phone. wack phone. is itel something to boast about
Re: How Can I Install Apps In Sd Card On My Tecno W3? (help Needed) by CrEaToRmalden(m): 8:10pm On Feb 13, 2017
afezy110:
its not an option on my phone o

Open this link or you formatit as PORTABLE, I can see the option on your screenshot.
N/B formatting as portable is not advisable for phones with internal memory lower thab 16GB. formattingas portable is the normal android culture of saving apps on SD, note that not all apps can be saved to the sd due to the developer's settings. It will grant you the access of saving file photos, videos, pdfs etc on your sd.
Before you format as Portable, ensure to back your files up using a PC, alternatively sending your most useful files to another android device using any wifi app like xender so you can recover them after the process. Goodluck.

(But I still recommend formatting as internal as it will save you from low strorage issue.)

Check this link out

http://www.howtogeek.com/242937/how-to-set-up-a-new-sd-card-in-android-for-extra-storage/

1 Like

Re: How Can I Install Apps In Sd Card On My Tecno W3? (help Needed) by afezy110(m): 9:26pm On Feb 13, 2017
am saying there is no option for formatting as internal storage on my phone
Re: How Can I Install Apps In Sd Card On My Tecno W3? (help Needed) by Prexblog(m): 2:22am On Feb 14, 2017
I used Apk extractor... See it here >>CLICKING HERE
Re: How Can I Install Apps In Sd Card On My Tecno W3? (help Needed) by afezy110(m): 6:35am On Feb 14, 2017
Prexblog:
I used Apk extractor... See it here >>CLICKING HERE
i want to move an already installed app and its data to my mem card. not move it's apk
Re: How Can I Install Apps In Sd Card On My Tecno W3? (help Needed) by scarycuteface(m): 9:19pm On Feb 20, 2017
afezy110:
tecno w3 doesn't have this option o
. it only has format as portable storage
still the same. You have to format ur SD card to merge it with the phone memory. That's a marshmallow feature.
Re: How Can I Install Apps In Sd Card On My Tecno W3? (help Needed) by afezy110(m): 10:26pm On Feb 20, 2017
THE OPTION ISNT IN MY PHONE
Re: How Can I Install Apps In Sd Card On My Tecno W3? (help Needed) by jmichlins(m): 6:31am On Feb 21, 2017
The format to make sd card the internal memory is not available for all phones. It happens that some oem like Samsung and Sony blocked it because the sd card will be useless outside the phone.
Re: How Can I Install Apps In Sd Card On My Tecno W3? (help Needed) by icentbrownz: 8:13am On Feb 24, 2017
Yes, I am having the same problem with my W3 TECNO, and I can not be the application on my SD card installed. poor Internal memory, but installation is strictly to internal memory. any solution
Re: How Can I Install Apps In Sd Card On My Tecno W3? (help Needed) by Nobody: 6:39am On Jul 22, 2017
gentlegenius:

This is why I dislike the marshmallow os. Lollipop was better except that the system consumes too much ram. I still believe kitkat is the best os android has ever brought.
Now to the solution, I was told by a friend who has much advanced knowledge of android that if your phone is rooted, you can use xposed installer to correct this problem by changing your default storage to memory card.
How?Am facing the same problem
Re: How Can I Install Apps In Sd Card On My Tecno W3? (help Needed) by erenax: 8:42am On Jul 22, 2017
Tecno w3 is wack...am thinking of changing phone.. I just installed few apps not more than 6 apps and its always showing memory full. My 16gb memory card is useless cos nothing can be saved on it
Re: How Can I Install Apps In Sd Card On My Tecno W3? (help Needed) by dannyy626(m): 3:17pm On Aug 27, 2017
Hello all...i discovered that Before you can install apps on your sdcard ondroid 6+ devices, you'll need to format your external sd as internal storage. but flashing as internal option is not available on tecno w3, tecno just likes a backward life...they are mostly the last in line to make android version updates available for their devices, they used their useless HiOS to replace the original android UI therefore disabling users from enabling the hidden feature, ''system UI tuner'', and they also....did too many things abeg!

anyways if you happen to have a device with the ability to flash sd as internal, the speed of some system process (like copying files, etc)only decreases a bit and that's something you wouldn't think twice about before swapping your 4 or 8gb internal storage for a 32 or 16gb external... read this post here - https://liliputing.com/2015/10/android-6-0-can-treat-sd-cards-as-internal-storage-at-a-cost.html
Re: How Can I Install Apps In Sd Card On My Tecno W3? (help Needed) by adedolapo2017: 12:19am On Nov 16, 2017
Please I need help with this same problem on my techno wx3.... This one is not showing any set up or something whatever
Re: How Can I Install Apps In Sd Card On My Tecno W3? (help Needed) by GoodiOG(m): 1:31am On Nov 16, 2017
For tecno w3 users, simply install the custom rom HERE. It has option to flash your sd card as internal. Unlike the stock rom
Re: How Can I Install Apps In Sd Card On My Tecno W3? (help Needed) by adedolapo2017: 9:55am On Nov 16, 2017
CrEaToRmalden:

Come on bruv, don't be backward.
Why the hell will google release an os without the ability to copy files to SD..?
Marshmallow and Nougat are the best so far.
If you want to move apps to SD, simply format your SD card as internal. I will advice you to back up ur SD card files to a pc or any means at all you prefer.
I'll also advice you to purchase an SD card not less than 32GB.
Procedures:
Go to your phone settings, then select "FORMAT SD CARD AS INTERNAL storage"
This will erase your SD card and also encrypt your SD card such that your SD card will not work on any other device unless you decrypt it using your phone. With this, you can now copy any app to sd card and also reverse it to internal storage. Its is better than the lower android versions.
my techno wx3 did not have all these options
As in I am tired of the phone already
Re: How Can I Install Apps In Sd Card On My Tecno W3? (help Needed) by nnamdi561: 6:20am On Nov 22, 2017
Am also using w2 tecno and it always saying Memory ful
Re: How Can I Install Apps In Sd Card On My Tecno W3? (help Needed) by Behankey(m): 11:19am On Nov 22, 2017
You can't move apps to SD card on devices running on Android 6 and above. What you can do is move media files the SD card so the phone will have enough space For the apps
Re: How Can I Install Apps In Sd Card On My Tecno W3? (help Needed) by nnamdi561: 1:02pm On Nov 22, 2017
I changed my SD card to serve as internal memory but my phone is hanging and does not respond fast so I fomated the phone and save it back as external memory now my phone memory is full and some times still hang
Some one said that Tecno w2 cannot carry 32g external
Please can someone explain how Tecno w2 works seriously l don't understand and l have many app to use
Re: How Can I Install Apps In Sd Card On My Tecno W3? (help Needed) by tafat: 7:56am On Nov 25, 2017
You can't o, apps are meant to be in phone memory
Re: How Can I Install Apps In Sd Card On My Tecno W3? (help Needed) by graphicicon(m): 12:24am On Feb 02, 2018
My tecno w3 doesn't have option for for as internal, but it has format as portable device, pls help
Re: How Can I Install Apps In Sd Card On My Tecno W3? (help Needed) by ManirBK: 6:20am On Jul 18, 2018
graphicicon:
My tecno w3 doesn't have option for for as internal, but it has format as portable device, pls help
Explain the newroom you are talking at FTA 4 me to check and contack u via mail

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kindly Advice On Which Phone To Buy, Target Price Is 70,000 Naira / Photos: How Many Of Us Still Do This? / 26 Facts You Never Knew About Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.