Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,823 members, 7,813,708 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

Honda Civic 2006/7 Problems. (us Spec) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Civic 2006/7 Problems. (us Spec) (6373 Views)

Please I Need Opinions On 2001 Honda Civic / US Spec. 5 Qt. Mobil 1™ Extended Performance 5W-20/5W-30 Available In Abuja! / Honda Civic 2006 I-vtec (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Civic 2006/7 Problems. (us Spec) by rottenegg: 9:30am On Oct 09, 2016
My above mentioned civic had its parking lamps left on and the battery went flat. The driver tried to start it with another battery but the car just won't start.
Please does anyone have any solution for this? I've driven the car for about 3 years now and the most I have done is changed oil, oil filter and brake pads...nothing more. Its been the most efficient car I have had.
Thanks in anticipation.

Re: Honda Civic 2006/7 Problems. (us Spec) by rottenegg: 12:10pm On Oct 09, 2016
Lexusgs:

I suspect the immobiliser has been disengaged. Does your vehicle have an inbuilt immobiliser? Does the immobiliser green key on the instrument cluster, just blink without engaging?
Thanks Lexusgs for your tips. All you said to me fits the problem I'm experiencing but I'm based at Uyo not Lagos.
Any Uyo immobiliser programmer available? Any?
Re: Honda Civic 2006/7 Problems. (us Spec) by gazzuz(m): 7:48am On Oct 10, 2016
rottenegg:
My above mentioned civic had its parking lamps left on and the battery went flat. The driver tried to start it with another battery but the car just won't start.
Please does anyone have any solution for this? I've driven the car for about 3 years now and the most I have done is changed oil, oil filter and brake pads...nothing more. Its been the most efficient car I have had.
Thanks in anticipation.

does the engine crank? If it does not then mostlikely the starter motor has an issue. this is where you will hate this car, the starter motor can be removed 2 ways, 1 from under the car, 2 by removing intake from top (which will involve removing a lot of other stuff)
Re: Honda Civic 2006/7 Problems. (us Spec) by rottenegg: 7:57pm On Oct 10, 2016
gazzuz:

does the engine crank? If it does not then mostlikely the starter motor has an issue. this is where you will hate this car, the starter motor can be removed 2 ways, 1 from under the car, 2 by removing intake from top (which will involve removing a lot of other stuff)
The engine doesn't crank. I had a Honda guy come in from PH today and he also suggested the starter motor as his first suspect. Well, we'll all know by tomorrow morning.
Re: Honda Civic 2006/7 Problems. (us Spec) by rottenegg: 8:03pm On Oct 10, 2016
Bought this car November 2014 from Cotonou and this is its first major issue. Still using same 4 tires, battery, fuel pump...etc! Nothing changed except the brake pads and oil.
I've really added milage to it....between Uyo, PH and Enugu(work). Its definitely been my best buy in terms of a car.
I wonder if other owners are enjoying theirs as much as I am.

Really really hope its not the ECU!! undecided
Re: Honda Civic 2006/7 Problems. (us Spec) by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:08am On Oct 11, 2016
rottenegg:

Thanks Lexusgs for your tips. All you said to me fits the problem I'm experiencing but I'm based at Uyo not Lagos.
Any Uyo immobiliser programmer available? Any?

you didnt answer what he asked

when you insert they the key does the car recognise the key i.e the imobiliser sign goes off or it keep flashing the immobiliser?
Re: Honda Civic 2006/7 Problems. (us Spec) by Lexusgs430: 9:47am On Oct 11, 2016
ZIMDRILL:

when you insert they the key does the car recognise the key i.e the imobiliser sign goes off or it keep flashing the immobiliser?

The green immobiliser key symbol is totally absent from the instrument cluster.
Is it safe to assume the vehicle does not have an immobiliser or?
Re: Honda Civic 2006/7 Problems. (us Spec) by kingreign(m): 10:10am On Oct 11, 2016
Lexusgs430:

If green immobilizer light disappears when key is inserted and turned to the ON position, then the immobilizer recognizes the key. He said, his engine doesn't crank, then, I suspect its his kick starter that's at fault. I pirry the kazeem who's gonna work on it to detach it from the engine if he doesn't know how to get under that car. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Honda Civic 2006/7 Problems. (us Spec) by Lexusgs430: 10:26am On Oct 11, 2016
kingreign:

If green immobilizer light disappears when key is inserted and turned to the ON position, then the immobilizer recognizes the key. He said, his engine doesn't crank, then, I suspect its his kick starter that's at fault. I pirry the kazeem who's gonna work on it to detach it from the engine if he doesn't know how to get under that car. grin grin

The green key is totally absent and does not show at any point at all
Re: Honda Civic 2006/7 Problems. (us Spec) by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:42pm On Oct 11, 2016
Lexusgs430:

its not
About being there but the key sign or immobiliser must go off when it recognise the key, it shouldnt appear when you start the car or when you just turn on the ignition

Double check fuses might have blown some during jump starting
Re: Honda Civic 2006/7 Problems. (us Spec) by Lexusgs430: 1:44pm On Oct 11, 2016
ZIMDRILL:
its not
About being there but the key sign or immobiliser must go off when it recognise the key, it shouldnt appear when you start the car or when you just turn on the ignition

Double check fuses might have blown some during jump starting

Green immobilizer key is not present, either before,during or after...............
Re: Honda Civic 2006/7 Problems. (us Spec) by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:50pm On Oct 11, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Give us the details of your car

Year and engine size

And describe how the dashboard light used to behave when car was still driving

Normally when you turn the ignition on the immobiliser and other signs like abs & airgbag come on and 2or 3 seconds later they switch off "its a self diagnostic test" if those sensors are not faulty eg abs the abs light will stay for immobiliser not recognising a car the immibiliser sign will be flashing, in your case you are saying it doesnt even come on (gives the year of your, mode and engine size)

So in your case since you tried to jump doublr start the car double check your fuses (someone here was tell people wrong producer of jump starting a car) you might have used wrong menthod
Re: Honda Civic 2006/7 Problems. (us Spec) by rottenegg: 5:00am On Oct 12, 2016
ZIMDRILL:

Sorry about that. We had a back door chat on that issue but here it is, the green key light doesn't even flash or seem to illuminate at all. Got my kick starter removed (was completely gone) and replaced but the car still won't start even though it cranks normally now.
The mechanic says there is no current going to the plugs?

Re: Honda Civic 2006/7 Problems. (us Spec) by rottenegg: 5:19am On Oct 12, 2016
ZIMDRILL:

Year and engine size

Normally when you turn the ignition on the immobiliser and other signs like abs & airgbag come on and 2or 3 seconds later they switch off "its a self diagnostic test" if those sensors are not faulty eg abs the abs light will stay for immobiliser not recognising a car the immibiliser sign will be flashing, in your case you are saying it doesnt even come on (gives the year of your, mode and engine size)

So in your case since you tried to jump doublr start the car double check your fuses (someone here was tell people wrong producer of jump starting a car) you might have used wrong menthod
2007 .....Its a normal i4 engine...not sure if its 2.0 or 1.8?

Re: Honda Civic 2006/7 Problems. (us Spec) by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:35am On Oct 12, 2016
rottenegg:

Sorry about that. We had a back door chat on that issue but here it is, the green key light doesn't even flash or seem to illuminate at all. Got my kick starter removed (was completely gone) and replaced but the car still won't start even though it cranks normally now.
The mechanic says there is no current going to the plugs?

how did you mess the starter like that ? you overheated it while jumping starting

the starter is fyed
Re: Honda Civic 2006/7 Problems. (us Spec) by Lexusgs430: 8:53am On Oct 12, 2016
ZIMDRILL:

Year and engine size

It's not my car. Only commenting on what I know so far. I suspected it was the immobilizer, sent OP a video link from YouTube showing immobilizer sequence, OP sent me a video of his vehicle sequence and the green light was not present at any point.
Re: Honda Civic 2006/7 Problems. (us Spec) by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:07pm On Oct 12, 2016
Lexusgs430:

It's not my car. Only commenting on what I know so far. I suspected it was the immobilizer, sent OP a video link from YouTube showing immobilizer sequence, OP sent me a video of his vehicle sequence and the green light was not present at any point.

then its pointless especially when information relayed between people information gets lost
Re: Honda Civic 2006/7 Problems. (us Spec) by Lexusgs430: 4:19pm On Oct 12, 2016
ZIMDRILL:

then its pointless especially when information relayed between people information gets lost

How would op directly post short video on NL? The point has been explained to you via a vis the immobilizer issue.
After link from YouTube was sent, OP posted a video from his dash and immobilizer green key, does not come on at all at any stage
Re: Honda Civic 2006/7 Problems. (us Spec) by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:47pm On Oct 12, 2016
Lexusgs430:

How would op directly post short video on NL? The point has been explained to you via a vis the immobilizer issue.
After link from YouTube was sent, OP posted a video from his dash and immobilizer green key, does not come on at all at any stage

i mentioned somewhere in my post to check fuses
Re: Honda Civic 2006/7 Problems. (us Spec) by rottenegg: 5:52pm On Oct 12, 2016
ZIMDRILL:

how did you mess the starter like that ? you overheated it while jumping starting

the starter is fyed
Lol! Bros, na wifey oooo!
Re: Honda Civic 2006/7 Problems. (us Spec) by rottenegg: 5:59pm On Oct 12, 2016
Thanks all for your ideas and suggestions.
Re: Honda Civic 2006/7 Problems. (us Spec) by rottenegg: 6:00pm On Oct 12, 2016
Thanks all for your ideas and suggestions. The electrical guy has spent a whole day checking fuses, wires, spark plugs, removed the starter and fixed again, gone through everything that he could to exempt the ecu.....but it seems that's the culprit.
Apparently, wifey parked the car after the starter had been knocked out finally. Then came out to drive out but the bad response from the kick made the driver double the battery thinking the car battery was weak, thereby killing the ECU.
So, I have given up and now I'm in search of a new ECU..... In this depression!!! cry
Re: Honda Civic 2006/7 Problems. (us Spec) by rottenegg: 6:03pm On Oct 12, 2016
Zimdrill, lexusgs430....any idea on where to get the ECU? Please don't say Lagos..
Re: Honda Civic 2006/7 Problems. (us Spec) by Lexusgs430: 6:15pm On Oct 12, 2016
rottenegg:
Zimdrill, lexusgs430....any idea on where to get the ECU? Please don't say Lagos..

I would have said Ladipo (in Lagos). But since you said no Lagos, I better not mention Lagos............
Re: Honda Civic 2006/7 Problems. (us Spec) by rottenegg: 6:35pm On Oct 12, 2016
Lexusgs430:

I would have said Ladipo (in Lagos). But since you said no Lagos, I better not mention Lagos............
Its hard to get credible people out there to help out. I can't go there myself....
Re: Honda Civic 2006/7 Problems. (us Spec) by Lexusgs430: 6:44pm On Oct 12, 2016
rottenegg:

Its hard to get credible people out there to help out. I can't go there myself....

Speak to someone like GAZZUZZ, and see how he can be of help.
He might be able to waybill it to you
Re: Honda Civic 2006/7 Problems. (us Spec) by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:04pm On Oct 12, 2016
rottenegg:
Thanks all for your ideas and suggestions. The electrical guy has spent a whole day checking fuses, wires, spark plugs, removed the starter and fixed again, gone through everything that he could to exempt the ecu.....but it seems that's the culprit.
Apparently, wifey parked the car after the starter had been knocked out finally. Then came out to drive out but the bad response from the kick made the driver double the battery thinking the car battery was weak, thereby killing the ECU.
So, I have given up and now I'm in search of a new ECU..... In this depression!!! cry

series or parallel?

If series, you will have to replace more than just the engine ecu

If parallel, nothing was supposed to happen.
Re: Honda Civic 2006/7 Problems. (us Spec) by rottenegg: 7:29pm On Oct 12, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

series or parallel?

If series, you will have to replace more than just the engine ecu

If parallel, nothing was supposed to happen.
I wasn't there and these drivers will never say the truth....but I'm sure it was parallel. Series...na for rebuilt engines first crank
Re: Honda Civic 2006/7 Problems. (us Spec) by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:51pm On Oct 12, 2016
rottenegg:

I wasn't there and these drivers will never say the truth....but I'm sure it was parallel. Series...na for rebuilt engines first crank

if an engine is rebuilt, it will not require a series battery connection to start it, unless it was not done the right way.

IF your driver made a parallel connection, this thread would have ended when you replaced the starter motor.
Re: Honda Civic 2006/7 Problems. (us Spec) by rottenegg: 9:29pm On Oct 12, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

if an engine is rebuilt, it will not require a series battery connection to start it, unless it was not done the right way.

IF your driver made a parallel connection, this thread would have ended when you replaced the starter motor.

Then, I no sabi again.

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Common Reasons Why Your Car Won't Start & How To Fix It / .... / What Are The Possible Causes Of A Flat Clutch?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.