Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,895 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

This Is What I Call A Protest - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / This Is What I Call A Protest (3851 Views)

Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House / Russian Man Nails Own Testicles In Protest Against Crackdown On Political Rights / Zambian Miners Kill Chinesesupervisor In A Protest Against Low Wages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is What I Call A Protest by Ikomi(m): 11:14am On Oct 19, 2009
Women in Gabon angered at the constitutional court ruling confirming Ali Ben Bongo's victory in presidential elections demonstrate in Libreville, where stripping naked is a traditional form of protest amongst women.

Re: This Is What I Call A Protest by edikanvic(m): 12:22pm On Oct 19, 2009
i called it Angry Protest.
Re: This Is What I Call A Protest by yeswecan(m): 6:46pm On Oct 19, 2009
lol
Re: This Is What I Call A Protest by yeswecan(m): 6:50pm On Oct 19, 2009
The protester at the far right is disgusting. She shouldn't have done that, it's lack in dignity.
Re: This Is What I Call A Protest by redsun(m): 6:04pm On Oct 20, 2009
Shoo,water don pass garri.They really need to bare it all,maybe the thieving african leaders will get a hint of how disgruntled even rural women are with their immoral leadership.
Re: This Is What I Call A Protest by blackspade(m): 7:01pm On Oct 20, 2009
yeswecan:

The protester at the far right is disgusting. She shouldn't have done that, it's lack in dignity.
I wholeheartedly agree, she looks like a fool.
Re: This Is What I Call A Protest by OTUOCHA1: 8:29pm On Oct 20, 2009
Another version of "THIS IS IT" aplogy to michael jackson of the blessed memory.
Re: This Is What I Call A Protest by mccloud224(m): 9:20pm On Oct 20, 2009
@Topic

While the women in other countries take their demonstrations/riots to the powers that be, ours display their black butts on the streets (like that's gonna change anything).F**king hilarious (that's what it is!)
Re: This Is What I Call A Protest by bawomolo(m): 1:18am On Oct 21, 2009
damn her stomach is disgusting.

where the young girls at grin
Re: This Is What I Call A Protest by FBS: 10:01am On Oct 21, 2009
shocked
Re: This Is What I Call A Protest by chic2pimp(m): 12:08pm On Oct 21, 2009
bawomolo:

damn her stomach is disgusting.

where the young girls at grin
Omo me too tire ooo ahn ahn? undecided Why dem allow old mamas do the protest nah? grin grin cheesy
Re: This Is What I Call A Protest by SeanT21(f): 5:52am On Oct 22, 2009
They should atleast try loosing some weight before showing of their disgusting bodies.
Re: This Is What I Call A Protest by Ikomi(m): 4:16pm On Oct 22, 2009
I think what everyone has missed is the fact that for this women to go this far, they are patrotic, and love their nation.

Ask me where Gabon stands in the community of nations, a nation governed by Omar Bongo for 42 years. To impose Ali Bongo the former presidents son on them based on selection, with support from the imperialists is just not right.

They could as well turn the sit of the President into a monarch, the people might easily understand that.

Those women are not cowards, at least they are fighting with the only tool they have, if they had power or authority am sure they would have used it.
Re: This Is What I Call A Protest by FBS: 4:18pm On Oct 22, 2009
Ikomi:

I think what everyone has missed is the fact that for this women to go this far, they are patrotic, and love their nation.

Ask me where Gabon stands in the community of nations, a nation governed by Omar Bongo for 42 years. To impose Ali Bongo the former presidents son on them based on selection, with support from the imperialists is just not right.

They could as well turn the sit of the President into a monarch, the people might easily understand that.

Those women are not cowards, at least they are fighting with the only tool they have, if they had power or authority am sure they would have used it.
@Ikomi, you do have a point. In fact several points.  wink
Re: This Is What I Call A Protest by Ikomi(m): 10:04pm On Oct 22, 2009
FBS:

@Ikomi, you do have a point. In fact several pointswink

LOL

That is why the username is Ikomi. Except for the fact that one supreme idiot has decided to add the title Ayatollah to it, a title which I neither deserve nor merit.

Ayatollah is a high ranking title given to Shiah clerics.

FBS you do your homework and tell me how a born xtian, black african could earn the title of Ayatollah.

They say charity begins at home, FBS this fellow am telling you about, his madness took root on Nairaland.

What an utter lack of respect for knowledge or Islam, by the fellow.

FBS do you know who am talking about. His usename starts with T.  smiley
Re: This Is What I Call A Protest by Afam(m): 9:23am On Oct 23, 2009
Ikomi:

LOL

That is why the username is Ikomi. Except for the fact that one supreme idiot has decided to add the title Ayatollah to it, a title which I neither deserve nor merit.

FBS you do your homework and tell me how a born xtian, black african could earn the title of Ayatollah.

They say charity begins at home, FBS this fellow am telling you about, his madness took root on Nairaland.

I don't know what you are talking about there.

Well, unless you are referring to TayoD, Tayo-D or any other user ID because for dis forum people can surprise you with multiple user IDs. grin grin
Re: This Is What I Call A Protest by TayoD1(m): 11:03am On Oct 23, 2009
@Ikomi,

And to think that I agree with you 100% on the valid points you made regarding the women.

I will ignore your other outbursts for now. Let's run with what we agree upon on this forum. We both live to fight on another day on another topic. You know I'm always at home for you cheesy

As for those dissing the women, especially those of the male gender, please show some respect. Verbally abusing women who have done you no wrong might just be symptomatic of a much deeper problem. I hope you guys are no wife beaters.
Re: This Is What I Call A Protest by TayoD1(m): 11:21am On Oct 23, 2009
@Afam,

Well, unless you are referring to TayoD, Tayo-D or any other user ID because for dis forum people can surprise you with multiple user IDs.
I have a divine answer to your post. May God grant you the wisdom to respond appropriately. He who gets mixed up in a fight which is not his business, is like one who takes a dog by the ears while it is going by. - Proverbs 26:17

By the way, I provided the Bible quote from the "Bible in Basic English" Translation. That way, you wouldn't say the English was too tough for you to understand.
Re: This Is What I Call A Protest by FBS: 1:04pm On Oct 23, 2009
Ikomi:

LOL

@Ikomi, Well I'm afraid I don't know the fellow and honestly, I do not care. Not only that, I fail to see the connection between my earlier post and your response.
My reply to your other post was purely based on the topic of this thread and the relevance of the points you made.
Re: This Is What I Call A Protest by TayoD1(m): 2:43pm On Oct 23, 2009
@FBS,

You are a very wise man!
Re: This Is What I Call A Protest by Ikomi(m): 4:20pm On Oct 23, 2009
Tayo-D:

@Ikomi,

And to think that I agree with you 100% on the valid points you made regarding the women.

I will ignore your other outbursts for now. Let's run with what we agree upon on this forum. We both live to fight on another day on another topic. You know I'm always at home for you cheesy

As for those dissing the women, especially those of the male gender, please show some respect. Verbally abusing women who have done you no wrong might just be symptomatic of a much deeper problem. I hope you guys are no wife beaters.

Now thats a good show of civility.

Listen TayoD I really dont mind you calling me Ayatollah, its as good as calling me the President, but the problem is you never gave me the private jet that goes with the title. cheesy

Tayo-D:

@FBS,

You are a very wise man!

You see our views differ again, I'd say the guy is not a very good student, he cant even take up a simple homework, well on a second thought he is wise not to have taken the homework, I would have failed him. cheesy

Afam:

I don't know what you are talking about there.

Well, unless you are referring to TayoD, Tayo-D or any other user ID because for dis forum people can surprise you with multiple user IDs. grin grin

Never mind, we just did'nt look thoroughly into TayoD, sometimes the guy has got his heart in the right place. I know you dont agree with me, okay let me say exactly what you want to hear, alright not sometimes but all the time.

cheesy
Re: This Is What I Call A Protest by Recognise: 9:07pm On Oct 23, 2009
Ikomi:

[center]
Women in Gabon angered at the constitutional court ruling confirming Ali Ben Bongo's victory
in presidential elections demonstrate in Libreville,
where stripping naked is a traditional form of protest amongst women
[/center]

[center][flash=600,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUR6Y66VxmU&hl=en&fs=1&[/flash][/center]
Re: This Is What I Call A Protest by skfa1: 9:19pm On Oct 23, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: This Is What I Call A Protest by bawomolo(m): 5:38am On Oct 24, 2009
in what ways are these kind of protests effective though?
Re: This Is What I Call A Protest by SkyBlue1: 8:50am On Oct 24, 2009
WOW. That video needs to be put in the main politics section.
Re: This Is What I Call A Protest by Ikomi(m): 10:32am On Oct 24, 2009
bawomolo:

in what ways are these kind of protests effective though?

Since you've been on Nairaland typing your 8643 and still counting views, what impact has it had?

Those women made news. They are on BBC
Re: This Is What I Call A Protest by yeswecan(m): 6:34pm On Oct 24, 2009
A fool got aired on BCC shouldn't be a contribution. Why must she take off her paints, far as i understand the protest could have be done without taking of her paints. That's lack of dignity, shame and disgrace to her children, generation plus country. Is that how a protest is conducted, tell me Ikomi. You can as well take off your paints and run through the street of Abuja, at least Nairaland will cover that.

It is simply disgusting, possibly someone's mother.
Re: This Is What I Call A Protest by Ikomi(m): 8:40pm On Oct 24, 2009
yeswecan:

A fool got aired on BCC shouldn't be a contribution. Why must she take off her paints, far as i understand the protest could have be done without taking of her paints. That's lack of dignity, shame and disgrace to her children, generation plus country. Is that how a protest is conducted, tell me Ikomi. You can as well take off your paints and run through the street of Abuja, at least Nairaland will cover that.

It is simply disgusting, possibly someone's mother.

Stop trying to defend your one way view, but if your view is based on, far as you understand. Then that tells us how far your understanding goes.

Far as I understand, dear yeswecan, the women don't care about your ultra dignified understanding, they have made their point and am sure the world has taking note of it.

If they died in the protest am sure that would have conformed with your dignified understanding.
Re: This Is What I Call A Protest by bawomolo(m): 2:32am On Oct 25, 2009
Ikomi:

Since you've been on Nairaland typing your 8643 and still counting views, what impact has it had?

Those women made news. They are on BBC

civil disobedience is only effective if sustained.

MLK didn't have to strip. This protest would be old news if these women go back home and sit down.

and leave my keyboard militancy alone jare.
Re: This Is What I Call A Protest by Ikomi(m): 8:20am On Oct 25, 2009
bawomolo:

MLK didn't have to strip. This protest would be old news if these women go back home and sit down.

So if its not Martin Luther Kings way there is no other way.

I thought Yeswecan's understanding is not far enough, bawomolo, its over 2,000,000km farther than yours. cheesy
Re: This Is What I Call A Protest by bawomolo(m): 12:54am On Oct 26, 2009
Ikomi:

So if its not Martin Luther Kings way there is no other way.

I thought Yeswecan's understanding is not far enough, bawomolo, its over 2,000,000km farther than yours.  cheesy

nah but who wants to see some 50 year old women strip

come on dawg  grin

Re: This Is What I Call A Protest by Nobody: 3:37am On Oct 26, 2009
@topic

Now, that's what I call bravery and character. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shocking Photos: ISIS Throw Man Off Tower Block,Stone Him To Death For Being Gay / What Are The Prospects Of Hillary Clinton Becoming The Next US President? / Zuma Copies Donald Trump, Bans 9 African Countries From Entering South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.