Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,736 members, 7,955,794 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:17 PM

Mesut Ozil: Iwobi Reminds Me Of Jay Jay Okocha Who I Loved Watching - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mesut Ozil: Iwobi Reminds Me Of Jay Jay Okocha Who I Loved Watching (646 Views)

'Why Super Eagles Lost To Argentina' – Jay-Jay Okocha Speaks / Jay-Jay Okocha And Nwankwo Kanu In A Group Photo With World Football Greats / Jay-Jay Okocha And Others Announce FIFA Best Awards Nominees. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mesut Ozil: Iwobi Reminds Me Of Jay Jay Okocha Who I Loved Watching by ceomike(m): 6:42pm On Oct 09, 2016
Alex Iwobi scored his first international goal for Nigeria against Zambia in a World Cup qualifier on Sunday.

Iwobi has been in fine form for Arsenal, now scoring his debut goal worth the screens for Nigeria and this will only complement praises by German star and World Cup winner, Mesut Ozil who compared him to his uncle and Edgar Davids.

Speaking to ESPN, Mesut Ozil says Iwobi is a mixed talent of Jay Jay Okocha and Dutch legend, Edgar Davids and believes he would enhance his game if he continues playing this way for the whole of the season.

“He reminds me of his uncle, Jay-Jay Okocha,” Ozil told ESPN FC. “He was a player I loved watching.

“Alex reminds me of a mixture of him and Edgar Davids. He’s really strong on the ball, also defensively, but he’s good in front of goal too.

“He’s developing really well and if he continues the way he’s been playing for the whole season, he will enhance his game.

“The manager knows exactly how good he is and I wish him all the best.”

http://www.arsenalnews.com.ng/2016/10/09/mesut-ozil-alex-iwobi-reminds-jay-jay-okocha/
Re: Mesut Ozil: Iwobi Reminds Me Of Jay Jay Okocha Who I Loved Watching by steve6: 7:14pm On Oct 09, 2016
Re: Mesut Ozil: Iwobi Reminds Me Of Jay Jay Okocha Who I Loved Watching by feldido(m): 7:23pm On Oct 09, 2016
He's a Golden prospect

(1) (Reply)

Wayne Rooney Mocked By One Magazine In England (pic) / Technical Report From Algeria / Player Dies On Pitch In Tanzania U-20 League (watch Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.