Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,766 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

The Parables Of Bongo - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Parables Of Bongo (707 Views)

Parables Of Otem / The Parables Of Otem / Parables Of Otem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Parables Of Bongo by otemanuduno: 8:47am On Oct 10, 2016
Bongo 6:1-27 (From the DOCTUFOS)
CHAPTER SIX
1. Bongo told the people of Bantoo a parable, about selfishness, saying, it is not good to be selfish. For you cannot know whom shall be saved by your selflessness. But by selfishness shall you save yourself only and not others.
2. A man was walking in his farm with his child, then his son put his leg inside a very large thorn. Now the man took the large thorn and threw it far away, caring not about where it would land.
3. Now three years after, the man went into the farm of a friend. And when they had ended roasting cassava to feed upon, the man went far away to pass out waste. Then he stepped on a large thorn. Now the man observed the thorn carefully and knew that it was the same one which his own son stepped upon in his own farm.
4. Now the man took the thorn and burnt it up. Then he knew that it is not good to cast bad things into any place where other homos also dwell.
5. And Bongo said, you have heard the parable and you know that you should rather destroy evil instead of pushing it to others.
6. Now Bongo spoke another parable concerning selfishness. And Bongo said, when a man was picked from the place where he eats dust and was made the king of a land, he was glad, behaving himself humble. And in him, he knew that he had leprosy, but he did not tell anyone because he did not want to be taken apart. And he continued so until the leprosy was known.
7. Now he remained on the throne with those who did not have leprosy. And the chiefs and the queens fled the palace, because they all feared that they would have the disease also, because they had detected the ailment of the king.
8. Now the other chiefs said, let us choose another king to replace the king, then we shall take the king to the place where the leprous people are kept. But we shall treat the king well, for he shall live in the best of the abodes for the leprous.
9. Then the king refused, saying, is it not better for you all to die for me? Am I not the king of the land? Therefore I shall not leave the throne of my father because of my disease. And the crown shall not leave my head also.
10. When the king was so determined, the homos in the palace all fled and the chiefs did not come to him anymore.
11. Now when the king was left alone in the palace, he knew that it was not good to be alone. And he sought one who shall take him to the place where the leprous people are kept, but there was no one anymore to take him there.
12. Then the king remained in the beauty of the palace all alone, and no one came to bring him food or water. Now when all the food in the palace was exhausted, he began to get hungry. And when he would have gone out to the bush to hunt for animals, his eyes went blind. And his fingers began to chop off.
13. So the king died in the palace and those who perceived his stench knew that he had died. Then was the palace turned into a dunghill, for another palace had been made in the land.
14. So also shall it be for he who is selfish. For that which he keeps for himself alone, when he is dead, shall also die with him.
15. Now Bongo told more parables to the people of the land, from the parable of the wise and the foolish to the parable of the disobedient child.
16. Now this is the parable of the wise and the foolish which Bongo told. And Bongo said, a wise man saw that some strangers were coming to his land with weapons. Then he ran quickly to tell the homos of his land to be prepared for the invaders, because he knew not what they had come to do or where they would begin from.
17. Then the homos of his land got prepared and gave the strangers a surprise attack and overcome them.
18. Now another homo saw that some strangers had entered his land with weapons. And he hid himself among the bushes and trailed them, saying, I shall know where they are heading. Then the homos began to walk towards the house of the man.
19. And it was too late for the man to do anything, because they were already at his door. Then they knocked at the door and before he would do anything, his wife came out to see who was at the door. And they stabbed her such that she died.
20. Now this man shouted when he saw it, but they killed him there immediately.
21. So shall the end of a foolish man be, who saw danger and did not act on time to stop it.
22. Now the parable of the disobedient child is like this: a child was told that it is not good to go to the river alone to swim. Now the child went often to swim all alone, and he was not afraid.
23. And his mother warned him, telling him about many homos who had lost their lives in the water because they went alone and had no helper when they were sinking in the river.
24. Now this young child said, we are not the same. For all those which you have mentioned have no skill in swimming like me. For I win the swimming game every year. And I can never sink in the river.
25. Now this child went alone and swam one day. Then he smashed his head against a boulder which he did not know had just rolled into the river not long before. Now this child fainted in the river and sank.
26. And because no one knew that he went to the river, they did not look for him there until the second day. And they saw his body floating on the surface of the sea, for he had died.
27. Therefore I say to all of you here who have come from Monga and from Luba and in the whole land of Bantoo to listen to my parables: do not disobey your parents in good advice.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Parables Of Bongo by RabbaRabbi: 9:06am On Oct 10, 2016
undecided
meanwhile check my signature.
Re: The Parables Of Bongo by hopefulLandlord: 10:06am On Oct 10, 2016
interesting
Re: The Parables Of Bongo by CAPSLOCKED: 10:07am On Oct 10, 2016
RabbaRabbi:
undecided

meanwhile check my signature.

...SEE YOUR SIGNATURE..

" If I should become a nairalandmod, then atheism will become a thing of the past. Guess what? At the mention of atheism, infinite ban shall follow"

IF YOU WANTED TO TELL US YOU'RE STUPID YOU SHOULD HAVE JUST SAID "I am stupid" INSTEAD OF GOING ON TO SHOW IT OFF LIKE A TROPHY YOU'RE VERY PROUD OF. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Parables Of Bongo by hahn(m): 10:27am On Oct 10, 2016
Otem, I need this weed na. Why you are you so selfish?

You are going against the teachings of Bongo o tongue

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Parables Of Bongo by RabbaRabbi: 10:32am On Oct 10, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:

...SEE YOUR SIGNATURE..

" If I should become a nairalandmod, then atheism will become a thing of the past. Guess what? At the mention of atheism, infinite ban shall follow"

IF YOU WANTED TO TELL US YOU'RE STUPID YOU SHOULD HAVE JUST SAID "I am stupid" INSTEAD OF GOING ON TO SHOW IT OFF LIKE A TROPHY YOU'RE VERY PROUD OF. smiley

gringringrin lol dude, e pain u cheesycheesycheesy
Re: The Parables Of Bongo by hopefulLandlord: 10:34am On Oct 10, 2016
RabbaRabbi:

gringringrin lol dude, e pain u cheesycheesycheesy

lol, you're the pained one here

atheism is getting popular with each passing day and you're as powerless as your imaginary friend when it comes to stopping it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Parables Of Bongo by RabbaRabbi: 10:44am On Oct 10, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

lol, you're the pained one here

atheism is getting popular with each passing day and you're as powerless as your imaginary friend when it comes to stopping it

Really? undecided getting popular by irrational dillusion and unstable grips of your claim? angry

As for my friend (JESUS) he's not a fiction or an imaginary character. He lives forever.

I promise you this. One day, you shall come to know the truth about Jesus.

If you don't believe Jesus exist, will you risk knowing it at the merciless hour.?

Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is the Lord...

If you dont acknowledge now, you might do latter. By then it will be too late to repent.

Pain you too cheesycheesycheesy
Re: The Parables Of Bongo by otemanuduno: 3:58pm On Oct 10, 2016
Bongo 7:1-33

:

CHAPTER SEVEN
1. Bongo spoke a parable to the homos of his land about the abuse of fellow homos. And Bongo said, a powerful kingdom, when it has risen to power fully, the homos in that kingdom began to be filled with hatred for one another.
2. And they killed themselves for food instead of the animals. And they ate themselves, preparing their neighbours’ flesh by roasting and cooking in earthen pots.
3. And the homos of that kingdom began to reduce in number, because they were very violent among themselves. Now a time came when two lands that were beside their land joined hands together, saying, the homos of this land are already in variance among themselves. Now it shall be good if we go against them and destroy them.
4. For when they were in unity and power before, they came over us and destroyed us and took our lands. But now, they are weak in their mind towards one another, how then shall they be strong enough to face us?
5. For the homos of one clan fight the homos of another clan within their kingdom. So it shall not be hard for us to use them against themselves. So the two kingdoms came together and went to the great kingdom where there was no peace.
6. And they incited the homos of one clan against the other in that great kingdom. Then the enmity was made worse. And a great battle broke up within the kingdom which was great before. And they killed themselves such that the numbers of the homos left after the war was so little that even a palace court would contain them all.
7. So did the two kingdoms come fully into their land and captured all those ones left, making them slaves. And they divided the land between themselves. And also the homos of that kingdom did they divide between themselves, using them as slaves.
8. Then Bongo said, now tell me, is it good to fight with your own people and do all manner of abusive things against them? Then a homo whose name was Tonga said, O Lord, it is not good to do so.
9. For it is better to love the people around you than to hate them.
10. Now Bongo spoke another parable, saying, the mind of a homo is it which makes his environment either good or bad.
11. Then one came, saying, lord, why do you say that the mind makes a surrounding become good or bad? Why not say that a surrounding would make the mind of a homo good or bad?
12. Then Bongo said, you can choose to make your mind corrupt by your surrounding. That is what you choose. But your mind is what makes your surrounding look the way it is, and your surrounding cannot choose to go against your mind.
13. Then the homo said, explain this to me, for I do not understand.
14. Then Bongo said, what you have in your mind for yourself and others and for your land is what your land will become in the future. For if you have the mind of wickedness and fear in you, then your surrounding shall also appear dirty and unfavourable.
15. And if you have the mind of selfishness in you, then only few places in your land shall be good for the sight, while all the other places you do not care about shall be dirty and smelly.
16. And if you have the mind of putting all your life in the hands of the gods, then your land shall also be at the mercy of the gods you rely upon. And if the gods do nothing to help your land get better, so shall your land remain because you only know how to commit it into their hands and you do not take action to make it better yourself.
17. Now Bongo said, hear this parable of a certain land. For the land was greatly bad. And no one can assure himself or herself of seeing the next moment. For they who kidnap others are many. And they who use other homos for sacrifice are many also.
18. And bloodshed and corruption are many in that land. And none of the homos who took the position of kingship could make it better; because they all have it in mind to steal and to eat all the wealth of the kingdom alone.
19. And only the places where the rich lived was good to see, but all the other places which are for common use appear like the dunghills for the dumping of refuse and animal dungs.
20. Now another kingdom which is very great with much wealth said, we shall help your land to become great in five years. And we shall make your land appear like our land, such that the whole world shall hear of this land.
21. Now gather all the people in your own land and come to our lands to live, for it is very beautiful. Then we shall come to your own land also to live, even though we know that it is not good to live in.
22. Now the homos switched their lands. And those who lived in the beautiful kingdom came to live in the bad kingdom. And the homos of the bad kingdom went to the good land to live.
23. Now after about five years, the homos who came from the good kingdom to the bad kingdom began to make the land look good, because they could not live in a dirty place.
24. And they burnt all the weeds growing upon their houses. And they destroyed all the bad houses they met their and built better ones.
25. And they levelled the land with their heavy devices and animals. And they made drainages and weapons to protect their land from invaders. And after five years, the bad land began to appear very beautiful like the good land they had left.
26. Now those with bad minds who went to the good kingdom began to behave as before. And they left the floors unpolished. And they left their bins without burning them. And they drop their wastes on every place. And the land became very bad and smelly after about five years.
27. Then the homos of the land began to say, we are tired and we want to return to our own land. For this land cannot be good again.
28. Then the king of their land said, let us go and fight back to take our original land; for we have heard by the mouths of our spies that our land is now very beautiful. And many kingdoms now come to our former land to acquire knowledge.
29. And there are much gold and silver in our native land now, which many other lands have brought with them.
30. Then the people went to the places where their weapons were kept. And the weapons were few because many people of their land had stolen them. And they went into battle at the border of their native land, but the homos who are now in their land shot great stones at them from afar. And they overcame them.
31. Then the king of that great land said, we gave you all our goods and resources. And we left our land which is good to come to your land which is very bad. And you corrupted our land and now you say that you shall return to this land which we have made good.
32. Now the king of the great land captured them as slaves and his people possessed both lands and made them very beautiful. But the homos of the land whose minds are bad and corrupt became slaves to them.
33. So also are the minds carried by people who live in a place. For if their minds are good, their places shall also be good and beautiful. But if they have poor and evil minds, then shall their lands be made corrupt also.

(1) (Reply)

What Really Is The Purpose Behind Dis Picture / Reasons For Unanswered Prayers / Islamic Scholar Advise On Good Christian-muslim Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.