Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

OMG! God Should Be Blamed For Rape Attacks, Not The Rapists - Nigerian Guy Says - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / OMG! God Should Be Blamed For Rape Attacks, Not The Rapists - Nigerian Guy Says (1105 Views)

Why Would God Deliver GIRLS Into The Hands Of The RAPISTS? / If God Should Give You An Opportunity To Ask Him A Questions,what Will You Ask? / This Is What The Word Of God Should Do To You. (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OMG! God Should Be Blamed For Rape Attacks, Not The Rapists - Nigerian Guy Says by ohn1759: 12:15pm On Oct 10, 2016
A Nigerian Twitter user has sparked outrage after he said rapists should not be blamed for sexual assaults. Rather, God who knew a year ago that the rape was going to happen and did NOTHING to prevent it should be held responsible.

Demi is arguing that yes, being raped is also unfortunate. But then. since God allowed it to happen, that means it was His will. So the victim should give thanks, all of us should give thanks and blame God for allowing it happen.
#PalmGossip
Inshort, please read his tweets yourself and let us know if you were able to put sentiments aside and understand what he's saying.
see photos:

Re: OMG! God Should Be Blamed For Rape Attacks, Not The Rapists - Nigerian Guy Says by ifenes(m): 12:21pm On Oct 10, 2016
When a group of people claim a god is responsible for everything and they give this god so much credit for the simplest things that happen. It will be fair to say the same god is responsible for rape because he designed the act or probably testing the victim's faith

The moment humans take responsibility for the good and bad things that happen to them, the better the society will be and god will die out.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: OMG! God Should Be Blamed For Rape Attacks, Not The Rapists - Nigerian Guy Says by bigtt76(f): 12:24pm On Oct 10, 2016
Wahala de o! People are now thinking madtly grin
Re: OMG! God Should Be Blamed For Rape Attacks, Not The Rapists - Nigerian Guy Says by felixomor: 12:26pm On Oct 10, 2016
ifenes:
When a group of people claim a god is responsible for everything and they give this god so much credit for the simplest things that happen. It will be fair to say the same god is responsible for rape because he designed the act or probably testing the victim's faith

The moment humans take responsibility for the good and bad things that happen to them, the better the society will be.

God should be blamed when u decide to go and rape somebody else because another person believes in God.

I hope u r listening to urself.

5 Likes

Re: OMG! God Should Be Blamed For Rape Attacks, Not The Rapists - Nigerian Guy Says by lepasharon(f): 3:17pm On Oct 10, 2016
Can anything happen without gods approval?
Re: OMG! God Should Be Blamed For Rape Attacks, Not The Rapists - Nigerian Guy Says by johnydon22(m): 4:29pm On Oct 10, 2016
This is basically for people who believe in a divine predestination - that i find to be absurd.

There is no predestination, no programmed course of action you must take therefore what ever we choose to do is sorely our responsibility.

Our achievements has nothing to do with any deity neither is our short comings.

Rape is sorely the responsibility of the rapist, sorely his/her own fault and choice therefore only such a person deserve the blame.

Let's stop these ridiculous practise of channeling our faults to escape goats like God/satan/demons, witches and also stop attributing our achievement to likewise abstract concepts.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: OMG! God Should Be Blamed For Rape Attacks, Not The Rapists - Nigerian Guy Says by hahn(m): 4:39pm On Oct 10, 2016
johnydon22:
This is basically for people who believe in a divine predestination - that i find to be absurd.

There is no predestination, no programmed course of action you must take therefore what ever we choose to do is sorely our responsibility.

Our achievements has nothing to do with any deity neither is our short comings.

Rape is sorely the responsibility of the rapist, sorely his/her own fault and choice therefore only such a person deserve the blame.

Let's stop these ridiculous practise of channeling our faults to escape goats like God/satan/demons, witches and also stop attributing our achievement to likewise abstract concepts.

Seems he was being sarcastic as well as taking a shot at dogma

2 Likes

Re: OMG! God Should Be Blamed For Rape Attacks, Not The Rapists - Nigerian Guy Says by johnydon22(m): 4:41pm On Oct 10, 2016
hahn:

Apparently thats the idea..
Re: OMG! God Should Be Blamed For Rape Attacks, Not The Rapists - Nigerian Guy Says by CAPSLOCKED: 4:49pm On Oct 10, 2016
hahn:

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: OMG! God Should Be Blamed For Rape Attacks, Not The Rapists - Nigerian Guy Says by CAPSLOCKED: 4:51pm On Oct 10, 2016
bigtt76:
Wahala de o! People are now thinking madtly grin

MAJORITY OF THE MAD PEOPLE IN THE UNIVERSE ARE FOUND IN CHURCHES.

THE GUY FROM TWITTER IS BEING REASONABLE AND YOU THINK HE'S MAD?

CHRISTIANS BELIEVE EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS IS GODS WILL, FROM THE TIME WE'RE BORN HE'S ALREADY DRAWN THE MAPS OF OUR LIVES... SO WHY PRAY FOR OR AGAINST THINGS? WHY TRY TO CHANGE THE ALREADY PROGRAMMED EVENTS OF AN ALL KNOWING PERFECT HEAVENLY FATHER? OR ACCORDING TO THE OP, WHY PROSECUTE A RAPIST WHEN IT WAS GOD'S DESIGN THAT THE VICTIM GETS RAPED?

IF YOU DO NOT ESCAPE FROM THE CAGE CALLED RELIGION, YOU'LL NEVER BE COMPLETELY SANE.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: OMG! God Should Be Blamed For Rape Attacks, Not The Rapists - Nigerian Guy Says by Deicide: 6:27pm On Oct 10, 2016
Abi...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OMG! God Should Be Blamed For Rape Attacks, Not The Rapists - Nigerian Guy Says by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 10, 2016
Religitards

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: OMG! God Should Be Blamed For Rape Attacks, Not The Rapists - Nigerian Guy Says by Unlimited22: 7:56pm On Oct 10, 2016
And I guess Atheism is the only reasonable way, because it is absolutely reasonable to believe that nothing just suddenly became something, and that simple something somehow diversified and became a lot of specialized somethings we all see today.
When it is scientifically ( the same tool you guys use as a defence) proven that elements tend towards disorderliness.
Atheism requires the kind of faith I don't have.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OMG! God Should Be Blamed For Rape Attacks, Not The Rapists - Nigerian Guy Says by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 10, 2016
Unlimited22:
And I guess Atheism is the only reasonable way, because it is absolutely reasonable to believe that nothing just suddenly became something, and that simple something somehow diversified and became a lot of specialized somethings we all see today.
When it is scientifically ( the same tool you guys use as a defence) proven that elements tend towards disorderliness.
:

I would advise you to think twice before you type anything.....

Cuz you just sounded really stupid with this comment

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OMG! God Should Be Blamed For Rape Attacks, Not The Rapists - Nigerian Guy Says by Unlimited22: 8:16pm On Oct 10, 2016
SirWere:
:

I would advise you to think twice before you type anything.....

Cuz you just sounded really stupid with this comment
Yup. I'd sound stupid to you.
Because I don't see things your way.

3 Likes

Re: OMG! God Should Be Blamed For Rape Attacks, Not The Rapists - Nigerian Guy Says by felixomor: 8:25pm On Oct 10, 2016
Unlimited22:

Yup. I'd sound stupid to you.
Because I don't see things your way.

Well said.
That's the typical so called new generation atheist in action.

1 Like

Re: OMG! God Should Be Blamed For Rape Attacks, Not The Rapists - Nigerian Guy Says by CoolUsername: 9:22pm On Oct 10, 2016
Unlimited22:

Disorder would continue to increase in a closed system. A closed system is a body or area where no energy enters or leaves and remains the same. The hyperinflation of the Universe is and the expansion were observe to this day are in line with the Second Law of Thermodynamics which talks about entropy.

I'm saying this hoping that I don't have to explain to you that every complex structure is nothing more than a series of simple ones working in tandem. Or that our planet is not a closed system (since it gets energy from the Sun) and can therefore drive uphill chemical reactions to achieve complexity.

Understand these terms before using them in arguments.

1 Like

Re: OMG! God Should Be Blamed For Rape Attacks, Not The Rapists - Nigerian Guy Says by JSoE(f): 10:53pm On Oct 10, 2016
Unlimited22:

Don't mind the silly atheists. They don't know that god is the only something that can(and has the right to) come out of nothing.
Educate them please and to buttress your point make sure you quote a holy 'complete' numbered ancient book written by illiterate goatherders.
Very silly atheists indeed grin

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: OMG! God Should Be Blamed For Rape Attacks, Not The Rapists - Nigerian Guy Says by oaroloye(m): 7:45am On Oct 11, 2016
SHALOM!

GOD does not know what will happen to you, from the moment of your birth.
He deliberately created the Earth for that purpose.

God has a PLAN for every person's life: that Plan is dependent upon them OBEYING HIS COMMANDMENTS.

He does NOT Plan for people to disobey Him, and sabotage His Plans.

When He INTERFERES in the Futures He Predicts, He now creates a Power GREATER THAN HIMSELF: HIS FOREKNOWLEDGE PLUS THE FREE WILL OF THE PREDICTED PERSON.

The can use this Power to FOLLOW the Prediction, or they can CHOOSE ANOTHER PATH.

(1) THE OMNISCIENCE OF GOD THEORY DEBUNKED BY EVE.

. GENESIS 2:15-24.

15. And The LORD God took the Man,
and put him into the Garden of Eden
to dress It and to keep It.
16. And The LORD God Commanded
the Man, saying,
"Of every Tree of the Garden
thou mayest freely eat:
17. "But of the Tree of The Knowledge
of Good and Evil,
thou shalt not eat of it:
for in the day that thou
eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
18. And The LORD God Said,
"It is not good that the Man
should be alone;
I will make him an help meet for him."
19. And out of the ground
The LORD God formed
every Beast of the Field,
and every Fowl of the Air;
and brought them unto Adam
to see what he would call them:
and whatsoever Adam called
every living creature,
that was the name thereof.
20. And Adam gave names to all Cattle,
and to the Fowl of the Air,
and to every Beast of the Field;
but for Adam there was not found
an help meet for him.
21. And The LORD God caused
a deep sleep to fall upon Adam,
and he slept:
and He took one of his ribs,
and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
22. And the rib,
which The LORD God had
taken from Man,
made he a Woman,
and brought her unto the Man.
23. And Adam said,
"This is now bone of my bones,
and flesh of my flesh:
she shall be called "Woman,"
because she was taken out of Man."
24. Therefore shall a man leave
his father and his mother,
and shall cleave unto his wife:
and they shall be one flesh.

NOBODY CAN SAY THAT THE DO NOT KNOW ABOUT ADAM AND EVE, AND THE GARDEN OF EDEN

We now know that THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH rejected the Genesis account of Creation even the whole time.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8UiCiLD3KSE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POSZ-GmsOMw

THEREFORE, ANY CHRISTIAN DENYING THE ATTRIBUTES OF GOD, AS DEFINED BY THE BOOK OF GENESIS, MUST BE THEIR AGENT OR ASSET.

Yahweh God clearly told Moses that He brought the Animals to Adam, TO SEE WHAT HE WOULD CALL THEM.

What does the MYTHOLOGICAL THEORY of "THE INFINITE ATTRIBUTES OF GOD" say?

That God ALREADY KNEW what Adam would name the animals- so He was just engaging in a jobless charade!

No. This was very serious. God had to wait on Adam, to see what He would decide.

(2) THE OMNISCIENCE/OMNIPRESENCE THEORY OF GOD DEBUNKED BY EVE.

. GENESIS 3:1-15.

[1]Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
[2]And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
[3]But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
[4]And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
[5]For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
[6]And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
[7]And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
[8]And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.
[9]And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?
[10]And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.
[11]And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?
[12]And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.
[13]And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.
.14. And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
15. "And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel."

WHY ALL THE THIRD-DEGREE, IF GOD ALREADY KNEW EVERYTHING THAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN- EVEN BEFORE IT EVER HAPPENED, AND WAS PRESENT WHILE IT WAS HAPPENING?

How could God ARRIVE anywhere, if He is PRESENT EVERYWHERE?"
"
God went out of His Way to demonstrate to Moses that He did not forsee THE FALL OF MAN.

Therefore, anybody peddling this "OMNIPRESENCE OF GOD," and "OMNISCIENCE OF GOD" Theories has DENIED THE FALL OF MAN ACCOUNT, and may not believe any other part of that account.

(3) THE OMNIPRESENCE/OMNISCIENCE THEORY OF GOD DEBUNKED BY CAIN.

. GENESIS 4:1-16.

[1]And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.
[2]And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.
[3]And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD.
[4]And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:
[5]But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.
[6]And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?
[7]If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.
[8]And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him.
[9]And the LORD said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?
[10]And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.
[11]And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother's blood from thy hand;
[12]When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth.
[13]And Cain said unto the LORD, My punishment is greater than I can bear.
[14]Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.
[15]And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.
[16]And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.

IF GOD WERE PRESENT EVERYWHERE, THERE WOULD BE NO REASON TO ASK CAIN WHAT HAD HAPPENED TO ABEL, BECAUSE HE WOULD HAVE SEEN THE WHOLE EVENT!

If God were ALL-KNOWING, He would have FORSEEN Cain's murder of Abel, and not needed to ask all these silly questions- rather HE would TELL CAIN WHAT HE HAD DONE.

So, you see that the OMNIPRESENCE of God and OMNISCIENCE of God Theories are DISPROVEN in the first four chapters of The Bible.

That God took TIME to create the Heavens and the Earth, and did not SIMPLY ERASE Adam, Eve, the Serpent, and the Death of Abel SUGGESTS that Yahweh God is not OMNIPOTENT- that is, ALL-POWERFUL, or INFINITELY-POWERFUL, but has LIMITS to WHAT He can do, WHEN he can do it, and HOW FAST He can do it.

A God with Infinite Attributes that cannot be used and are never displayed- EVER- might as well NOT EXIST.

That is therefore The Enemy's Strategy to destroy FAITH IN GOD:

Since DENYING GOD COLD does not work, they hit upon the tactic of EXAGGERATING God to RIDICULOUS PROPORTIONS, and THEN deny Him. Any person maintaining Faith in such a Ridiculous Deity can easily be shown to be insane, and either quickly dissociate themselves from such an insane Religion, or else VOLUNTARILY CONTINUE IN INSANE BELIEFS.

Very few Christians are aware enenough to ask:

"Waitaminute! WHEN did THAT become MY Belief about God?

Most just ASSUME that Christianity entails believing in a God of INFINITE Atrributes- including the Attribute of INFINITE USELESSNESS.

Ask any of these poor fools on a sickbed:

"DOES GOD HAVE THE POWER TO HEAL EVERY SICK PERSON IN THE WORLD?"

"Oh yes, HALLELUYAH! GLORY!"

"THEN.... WHY DOES HE NOT HEAL YOU?"

Next, you should have the BIG po ready- with both hands- because (*SSSSHGGHRRGGHH!*) here comes the most complicated, involved, and convoluted BULLSHIT you EVER-!

It is sometimes so completely reasonable, that it is ALMOST SANE.

People who exaggerate the Attributes of God to INFINITY have EXCUSES lined up, for why these Attributes are JUST NOT available to THEM.

The Sick Christian who does not believe that God has Power to Heal EVERY Sick person, but ONLY those who have REPENTED of ALL their SINS, FORGIVEN ALL their Enemies, and MEDITATED on GOD'S PROMISES- has an excellect chance of Healing THEMSELVES.

Their Healing has FINITE DIMENSIONS which they can HANDLE.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Meaning Of Masturbation / Pastor Adeboye And His Wife Are Agents Of Darkness - Gist Insider / Urgency Please (dream Interpretation)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.