Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,750 members, 7,809,867 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

How to break up without cursing too much damage. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How to break up without cursing too much damage. (6505 Views)

He Forcefully Took My Virginity, Wants Marriage. I'm Hurting. What Should I Do? / How To Reject A Guy Nicely Without Hurting Him / How Do You Turn A Lady Down Without Hurting Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How to break up without cursing too much damage. by ishiamu(m): 9:04pm On Oct 10, 2016
Laveda:

cheesy

the time frame varies
Re: How to break up without cursing too much damage. by dianageorge617(f): 9:05pm On Oct 10, 2016
Laveda:

undecided Jude stop this angry
Mhhhh... shocked
Re: How to break up without cursing too much damage. by Malayy(m): 9:55pm On Oct 10, 2016
so breaking up is now a further maths that needs formulae and formation... lubbish..
Re: How to break up without cursing too much damage. by lanicky(f): 7:26am On Oct 11, 2016
makydebbie:
lanicky where have you been! cheesy

I've been here, but on low key. cheesy

I hope you're good?

2 Likes

Re: How to break up without cursing too much damage. by HonPatrick(m): 8:30am On Oct 11, 2016
Nice one Lanicky.

Guys above no get joy though. #Heart breakers crew#

1 Like

Re: How to break up without cursing too much damage. by firstking01(m): 8:34am On Oct 11, 2016
lanicky:
tongue
Liescheesy
Re: How to break up without cursing too much damage. by Alocia(f): 8:52am On Oct 11, 2016
Who gives a fvck about a fvcktard dude?
Ion need to be nice. It's either I break up with him or I break his head. undecided

Nice one though. Some nigga need this.
Re: How to break up without cursing too much damage. by makydebbie(f): 9:08am On Oct 11, 2016
lanicky:

I've been here, but on low key. cheesy
I hope you're good?
sure
Re: How to break up without cursing too much damage. by Dantee005(m): 10:25am On Oct 11, 2016
dharay99:
break up without hurting one another? then
u both wernt truly in love in the first place...
very true...
Re: How to break up without cursing too much damage. by lanicky(f): 8:36pm On Oct 11, 2016
Re: How to break up without cursing too much damage. by firstking01(m): 8:40am On Oct 12, 2016
lanicky:

tongue
Hw you tongue
Re: How to break up without cursing too much damage. by misspicy(f): 9:39am On Oct 12, 2016
RoyalBlak007:
I just get cracked up cheesy when I see O.P's mentioning moderators on their threads

What do you derive when ur thread makes FP

Okay let's take "Joy" for instance....you get happy...then what next after that? undecided

cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy

#WakeUp
This is not a nice thing to say hun. undecided

Some of us wants wider audience for our threads,and not the 'joy' or 'attention'.
Besides thinking and penning down an original article is not a piece of cake,so to derive joy from it is absolutely rewarding and normal.

Lanicky there is no way a breakup won't hurt unless you both weren't in love/lust/feelings before.

Nothing like a soft landing,personally i'd prefer a rude breakup,so I can quickly move on and forget about the person.

A Mushy mushy kind of breakup,is even harder
Re: How to break up without cursing too much damage. by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 12, 2016
misspicy:

This is not a nice thing to say hun. undecided

Some of us wants wider audience for our threads,and not the 'joy' or 'attention'.
Besides thinking and penning down an original article is not a piece of cake,so to derive joy from it is absolutely rewarding and normal.

Lanicky there is no way a breakup won't hurt unless you both weren't in love/lust/feelings before.

Nothing like a soft landing,personally i'd prefer a rude breakup,so I can quickly move on and forget about the person.

A Mushy mushy kind of breakup,is even harder

Don't mind the dude grin

You are though, Mushy mushy break up hurts more cheesy.

What hurts most is when you are left to make the decision to either walk away or stay.

That's bad sad
Re: How to break up without cursing too much damage. by obiorathesubtle: 11:48am On Oct 12, 2016
didnt read the original post, I was more interested in the comments..

Nairalanders never fail me grin grin grin grin
Re: How to break up without cursing too much damage. by lanicky(f): 8:12pm On Oct 12, 2016
misspicy:

This is not a nice thing to say hun.
undecided

lol... You don't have to reply some peeps on here.. You just let them enjoy 10seconds of e fame

A Mushy mushy kind of breakup,is even harder[/b][/i]

Sure, I know... Cos I've been through one myself.
But don't you think it's better to break up respectfully than brutally?

The prospect of conflict can be incredibly uncomfortable for some, but everyone deserves to hear where they are falling short. Real men aren’t afraid to clearly communicate their grievances when it is necessary.

Imagine a guy who changed his fb status to *Single*
Yeah, you think there's nothing wrong with that.... But this same guy didn't bother to tell his girlfriend... Changing his status was actually his cowardly method for breaking up with his girlfriend.
No phone call, no meeting, just a quick status change to let his partner know that things just weren’t working out.

Some won't even do that.. They'll just put up a meaningless fight or start acting weird just to frustrate the lady off..

Although, I don't think I can act so cool with an ex, but I won't make him my enemy too.

Diddyydiva what say you?
Re: How to break up without cursing too much damage. by lanicky(f): 8:19pm On Oct 12, 2016
firstking01:
Hw you tongue

I'm good dear
What about you?
Re: How to break up without cursing too much damage. by adaksbullet: 8:24pm On Oct 12, 2016
Hmmm I we not comet in Mrs nl tread lipsrsealed
Re: How to break up without cursing too much damage. by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 12, 2016
lanicky:
When you start a new relationship, you can't do without your bf or GF. You can't stop thinking about the other person, and it feels amazing to know that he or she feels the same way.

Then something goes wrong

There are different reasons why people break up. Wants and needs change. You might get to know that your dream, passion, interest and feelings differs from that of the other person.

NOTE: Change is constant... Nothing remains forever.

Perhaps, you guys don't agree on same topics.. Your idea may be different from hishis. You might realise you don't love him/her enough...
You might have developed feelings for someone else, or feel you're not ready for a serious relationship. So, you're considering break up.

Be careful how you break up with your bf/GF... Because break up hurts (those of us who have been through one knows how painful it can be) wink

Before you break up, here are some things you must do. Things you should put into consideration. The steps you should follow

1) Think about why you want to break up
Confusion is not allowed. Think things through first. Be sure of what you want and why you want it.
Although, your bf/GF might be hurt by your decision, it's okay to do what's best for you.

2)Confide in someone you trust

I remember doing these not quite long and it helped.
You might not be the one breaking up though.. But try to talk through your feelings, seek advice from an experienced and mature person.

3) Think about what you'll say and how the other person might react

Be careful with your lines.. Don't rush words or be in a haste to talk things through.

Note: he/she might be sad, surprised, hurt or relieved. Be ready to deal with any kind of reaction.

4) Do not be brutal or display some I don't care attitude

Be honest.. Tell the other person why you need to move on with your life. Tell him/her some nice things. Like what attracted you at first. Avoid harsh words.

5) Do not break up over the phone...
You've seen much of each other.. So why should you act like a stranger all of a sudden.
Although, braking up through calls and text may seen easy, but think about how you'd feel if you were in the other person's shoe.

6) Don't bad moth the other person....
Speak about him/her with respect. Your ex could turn into a friend or you might even rekindle a romance someday.

7) find a good time and place to talk..
Break ups are more than just planning what to say. Yiu also want to consider how you will say it. Listen to what the other person wants to say.

And lastly.....

cool Do not avoid the other person afterwards..

smiley

lalasticlala.

Breaking up over the phone is the safest to avoid stories that touch.... Plus you block and delete the number.
Re: How to break up without cursing too much damage. by lanicky(f): 8:54pm On Oct 12, 2016
nma24:
Breaking up over the phone is the safest to avoid stories that touch.... Plus you block and delete the number.

It's not the best option dear smiley

But whatever rocks your boat. *shrugs*

1 Like

Re: How to break up without cursing too much damage. by firstking01(m): 8:56pm On Oct 12, 2016
lanicky:

I'm good dear What about you?
I'm fine dear.
Re: How to break up without cursing too much damage. by loomer: 9:00pm On Oct 12, 2016
lanicky:
When you start a new relationship, you can't do without your bf or GF. You can't stop thinking about the other person, and it feels amazing to know that he or she feels the same way.

Then something goes wrong

There are different reasons why people break up. Wants and needs change. You might get to know that your dream, passion, interest and feelings differs from that of the other person.

NOTE: Change is constant... Nothing remains forever.

Perhaps, you guys don't agree on same topics.. Your idea may be different from hishis. You might realise you don't love him/her enough...
You might have developed feelings for someone else, or feel you're not ready for a serious relationship. So, you're considering break up.

Be careful how you break up with your bf/GF... Because break up hurts (those of us who have been through one knows how painful it can be) wink

Before you break up, here are some things you must do. Things you should put into consideration. The steps you should follow

1) Think about why you want to break up
Confusion is not allowed. Think things through first. Be sure of what you want and why you want it.
Although, your bf/GF might be hurt by your decision, it's okay to do what's best for you.

2)Confide in someone you trust

I remember doing these not quite long and it helped.
You might not be the one breaking up though.. But try to talk through your feelings, seek advice from an experienced and mature person.

3) Think about what you'll say and how the other person might react

Be careful with your lines.. Don't rush words or be in a haste to talk things through.

Note: he/she might be sad, surprised, hurt or relieved. Be ready to deal with any kind of reaction.

4) Do not be brutal or display some I don't care attitude

Be honest.. Tell the other person why you need to move on with your life. Tell him/her some nice things. Like what attracted you at first. Avoid harsh words.

5) Do not break up over the phone...
You've seen much of each other.. So why should you act like a stranger all of a sudden.
Although, braking up through calls and text may seen easy, but think about how you'd feel if you were in the other person's shoe.

6) Don't bad moth the other person....
Speak about him/her with respect. Your ex could turn into a friend or you might even rekindle a romance someday.

7) find a good time and place to talk..
Break ups are more than just planning what to say. Yiu also want to consider how you will say it. Listen to what the other person wants to say.

And lastly.....

cool Do not avoid the other person afterwards..

smiley

lalasticlala.

So you just sit down decide say na break up matter you wan talk about?
Re: How to break up without cursing too much damage. by lanicky(f): 9:06pm On Oct 12, 2016
loomer:

So you just sit down decide say na break up matter you wan talk about?

Person ask me qweshion and I take am open thread make others benefit from am...

Where have you been? angry
Re: How to break up without cursing too much damage. by Jay542(m): 10:21pm On Oct 12, 2016
I think break up hurts. As long as you guys wer in love it would definitely hurt. Anyway you say it, it would still hurt.
Re: How to break up without cursing too much damage. by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 12, 2016
lanicky:
undecided

lol... You don't have to reply some peeps on here.. You just let them enjoy 10seconds of e fame

Sure, I know... Cos I've been through one myself.
But don't you think it's better to break up respectfully than brutally?

The prospect of conflict can be incredibly uncomfortable for some, but everyone deserves to hear where they are falling short. Real men aren’t afraid to clearly communicate their grievances when it is necessary.

Imagine a guy who changed his fb status to *Single*
Yeah, you think there's nothing wrong with that.... But this same guy didn't bother to tell his girlfriend... Changing his status was actually his cowardly method for breaking up with his girlfriend.
No phone call, no meeting, just a quick status change to let his partner know that things just weren’t working out.

Some won't even do that.. They'll just put up a meaningless fight or start acting weird just to frustrate the lady off..

Although, I don't think I can act so cool with an ex, but I won't make him my enemy too.

Diddyydiva what say you?
We are either saying the same thing or you are contradicting yourself. Acting up because you are no longer interested in a relationship is worst.Of course there would have been signs that the relationship is shaky but that only put the other partner in confusion and heart aches. The example you gave shows how selfish and unconcerned the guy was. Imagine what the lady would have been through. I think breaking up bluntly is the best. And I will appreciate any guy who is courageous enough to do that and not the one who will leave me in dismay to either walk or stay.

Talking from experience!!!
Re: How to break up without cursing too much damage. by loomer: 5:40am On Oct 13, 2016
lanicky:

Person ask me qweshion and I take am open thread make others benefit from am...

Where have you been? angry

Who be the evil spirit wey ask you this kind question?

Anyway, I dey where all of una abandon me put. My house.
How are u?
Re: How to break up without cursing too much damage. by RoyalBlak007: 12:18am On Oct 14, 2016
lanicky:
undecided

u?

Lol E-fame? you throwing shades? You meant the E-fame that made you grovel begging for votes during the contest like ur life depended on it...
Or you meant the E-fame that made you behave in a servile and obsequious manner cos of a mere 50grand grin ....Well of course I can't blame you for the Jejune attitude...You lack the beauty....and the brain too..

1 Like

Re: How to break up without cursing too much damage. by lanicky(f): 9:29am On Oct 14, 2016
RoyalBlak007:

Lol E-fame? you throwing shades? You meant the E-fame that made you grovel begging for votes during the contest like ur life depended on it...
Or you meant the E-fame that made you behave in a servile and obsequious manner cos of a mere 50grand grin ....Well of course I can't blame you for the Jejune attitude...You lack the beauty....and the brain too..

You've rehearsed these... decide you'd start your disses with a past event. (Miss Nl contest) cheesy

Fool, it wasn't about the 50k... Well, I don't expect you to understand since you have the intelligence of a nine years old boy.

Run along boy.. Go help your mama pick beans.

5 Likes

Re: How to break up without cursing too much damage. by lanicky(f): 9:30am On Oct 14, 2016
loomer:

Who be the evil spirit wey ask you this kind question?

Anyway, I dey where all of una abandon me put. My house.
How are u?

Lol..

You just left Aga's group just like that. You nur try at all.

I'm good.. You?
Re: How to break up without cursing too much damage. by krissconnect(m): 9:34am On Oct 14, 2016
Please help me...My mum showed me the picture of the woman my dad would've married. I'm wondering where I would've been if my dad married his ex-girlfriend? Is it my mums place or my dad's place?
Re: How to break up without cursing too much damage. by MzLaurel(f): 9:51am On Oct 14, 2016
lanicky:

You've rehearsed these... decide you'd start your disses with a past event. (Miss Nl contest) cheesy

Fool, it wasn't about the 50k... Well, I don't expect you to understand since you have the intelligence of a nine years old boy.

Run along boy.. Go help your mama pick beans.

Chisos Nike! grin
Re: How to break up without cursing too much damage. by lanicky(f): 10:13am On Oct 14, 2016
MzLaurel:

Chisos Nike! grin

Ah can't come and go and kee myself over some yeye children's wahala. grin
Re: How to break up without cursing too much damage. by loomer: 11:06am On Oct 14, 2016
lanicky:

Lol..

You just left Aga's group just like that. You nur try at all.

I'm good.. You?

Group wey dey mute for so long, wetin u expect make I do?
And na so so Mr and Mrs NL matter una dey always talk

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Eyes Closed: These Pre-Wedding Photos Will Make You Drool / Godforbid!! I Will Never Eat Any Girl's Pvssy / Tricks Men Apply To Seduce Women Into Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.