Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,872 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:25 PM

8 Things To Consider Before Launching Your New Blog - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 8 Things To Consider Before Launching Your New Blog (6880 Views)

Considerable Factors To Ensure Before Launching Your Website / China Is Launching It's Own Version Of Wikipedia / 9 Things To Consider Before Launching Your Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Things To Consider Before Launching Your New Blog by mokoshalb(m): 12:32am On Oct 11, 2016

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 8 Things To Consider Before Launching Your New Blog by mokoshalb(m): 12:33am On Oct 11, 2016
cc: seun, lalasticlala, dominique
Re: 8 Things To Consider Before Launching Your New Blog by D34lw4p(m): 1:15am On Oct 11, 2016
Nice one!
Re: 8 Things To Consider Before Launching Your New Blog by mokoshalb(m): 4:49am On Oct 11, 2016
D34lw4p:
Nice one!
cool

1 Like

Re: 8 Things To Consider Before Launching Your New Blog by veekid(m): 6:35am On Oct 11, 2016
Awesome
Re: 8 Things To Consider Before Launching Your New Blog by orlarbissy(f): 6:36am On Oct 11, 2016
Noted
Re: 8 Things To Consider Before Launching Your New Blog by kingphilip(m): 6:38am On Oct 11, 2016
It's a nice piece for those who want to venture into blogging but the only thing I'm against here is who's giving us this information

You cannot give what you don't have.. Have you effected these on your blog and it has worked for you

Would have been better if it's seun or other well recognized bloggers gave this hint

All in all its educative sha

1 Like

Re: 8 Things To Consider Before Launching Your New Blog by Cutehector(m): 6:39am On Oct 11, 2016
Talk2bella
Re: 8 Things To Consider Before Launching Your New Blog by 0Charity(m): 6:45am On Oct 11, 2016
Nice one
Re: 8 Things To Consider Before Launching Your New Blog by gidimasters(m): 6:55am On Oct 11, 2016
Cool writeup..

Hello, Its time to get your desired facebook page... We build facebook pages starting from 5,000 likes to 100,000 likes.... Order yours now and get your page delivered within days

Here is our recently completed work

https://mbasic.facebook.com/Mercy-Johnson-309493396090554/

https://m.facebook.com/Adekunle-Gold-322203388158788/?ref=opera_speed_dial

Call/whatsapp: 081.80636926
Re: 8 Things To Consider Before Launching Your New Blog by SEOManiac: 7:00am On Oct 11, 2016
Nice one.

Also learn SEO.

My new blog, www.interiordesignshub.com is doing far better than my older blogs did. I soaked it in SEO all around.
Re: 8 Things To Consider Before Launching Your New Blog by emmalexdboy(m): 7:03am On Oct 11, 2016
A powerful business plan is very vital if you want to make reasonable income from your blog. My blog has been pretty successful because of how I structured the whole strategies for the blog before I launched it.

Some bloggers don't do this and they struggle: no traffic, no income, no readers.

And that's why I wrote a step by step guide for beginners who intend to create a powerful business plan for their blog which will give them a road map to follow. It's FREE! Click on my signature to download it!

Many ...have thanked me for writing the book!

1 Like

Re: 8 Things To Consider Before Launching Your New Blog by nmreports: 7:03am On Oct 11, 2016
Re: 8 Things To Consider Before Launching Your New Blog by Fantastic2m(m): 7:08am On Oct 11, 2016
Great...
Re: 8 Things To Consider Before Launching Your New Blog by Aare2050(m): 7:12am On Oct 11, 2016
2 months old blog for sale

Features:
customized and very responsive template.
Well registered and optimised domain name.
SEO optimized..
Has navigation and slide show.

You can understand more if you check the mobile and the web version if the blog.

Reason for selling.
I need money for a school project.

Site address: www.bamgist.com

Or WhatsApp & call +2347033401755

1 Like

Re: 8 Things To Consider Before Launching Your New Blog by Sanuzi(m): 7:15am On Oct 11, 2016
mokoshalb:
Are you thinking of launching a blog? A blog is something that can give your voice a new wing. It's always great to have a blog but it is even better to have a well-planned blog. A small mistake can take away all the hype your blog deserves to get. Here are 9 things you need to consider before launching your first blog.

1. Choose your Blogging Platform Wisely: When you are going to have a blog, you need a platform where your site is going to be hosted. There are dozens of blogging platforms to choose from. From them, WordPress.org, blogger.com and are the most popular.
It's now up to you to choose the one that suits your need. For example, if you are not in a position to invest money on hosting you can choose Google’s blogger platform (it's free). If you want more control and power to your blog, choose WordPress.org. With WordPress.org you have full rights over your content.

2. Choose the Right Domain Name: Your domain name becomes your business's nick name in the online world. Choose a domain name that fits your topic well. Having a keyword in the domain is still great. But avoid using exact match domains (EMDs). A .com domain is more preferred and widely used; however you can get country specific domains if you want to focus on a particular country. For example, if your audience is from Nigeria you can opt for .COM.NG or NG.

3. Register your social profiles: This is a very crucial step that comes in between buying your domain and publicly launching your blog. You have to be very fast registering your social profiles after you have bought a domain to avoid someone else from registering it. In that case it will cause a problem in branding and identity crisis.

4. Your Interest: No wonder anyone can open up a blog but only the passionate people survive the first year of blogging. You have to think what your interest is and which topic can never bore you from writing.
You should also not choose a topic that has no audience or has limited scope of growth. Choose a niche that interests you and has scope of growth for the coming years.

5. Design your Blog: No one would like to visit a site that has a clumsy design or one that confuse the reader. But as a beginner this part seems to be an hindrance, you can start with a simple design and as you move forward you start getting enlightened about more design techniques, If you still can't get the design, you can pay top bloggers to get it done for you..

6. Write at least 10 to 15 posts before your launch: When you launch your product with a bang, immediate visitors should not be disappointed to see only 1 or 2 posts. Instead, serve them a full meal of 10-15 posts so that they can enjoy their session. This idea is extremely helpful for newbie bloggers because:
a) Your audience can better understand you: With 10 posts your readers can understand your voice, your tone and your style of writing.
b) It will decrease bounce rates: You wouldn't want Google Analytics, to register high bounce rates for your newly launched blog.
c) You get more time: When you are launching a site, you have tons of task to do. You need to market it on social media, comment on relevant blogs, build relationships and reply to comments on your own blog. For this you need time. And if you have some 10-15 posts you can have enough time for doing all these.

7. Improve your social skills: Blogging is nothing but a social platform revolutionized. You cannot take it to the next level if you are not social. Before even you launch your blog polish your social skills. Start by visiting popular blogs in your niche, comment there and build a relation. This will help you in the launch of your new blog.

8. Funds: “You need money to run a successful blog” that is the truth. You cannot blog for long if you do not have adequate funding. The industry standards and my own experience says, you should not start pushing ads or affiliate posts to your audience right from the launch date. Most ad programs like AdSense, media.net etc. also don't approve freshly launched blogs. A blog can potentially earn after 6 months of its launch. You should therefore, have sufficient monetary backup to support you during this period.

These are the tips that you should keep in mind before launching a blog. A clear strategy will always save you from untimely problems and embarrassment. SEO, small bits of HTML coding along with the blogging processes...

Source: http://www.mokoshalb.com/2016/06/9-things-to-consider-before-launching.html
IS OKK NOW
Re: 8 Things To Consider Before Launching Your New Blog by Affableacho(m): 7:22am On Oct 11, 2016
SEOManiac:
Nice one.

Also learn SEO.

My new blog, www.interiordesignshub.com is doing far better than my older blogs did. I soaked it in SEO all around.
bro, abeg how do I learn and apply these seo. .I have been reading up on it but I still dont see hw to apply it
Re: 8 Things To Consider Before Launching Your New Blog by Nobody: 7:28am On Oct 11, 2016
kingphilip:
It's a nice piece for those who want to venture into blogging but the only thing I'm against here is who's giving us this information

You cannot give what you don't have.. Have you effected these on your blog and it has worked for you

Would have been better if it's seun or other well recognized bloggers gave this hint

Lol, it's easier said than done. A lot of people preach what they don't practice. And besides, there's more to becoming a successful blogger than the points OP just listed. These tips will surely help new bloggers to get started though.

mokoshalb Your write up is cool, the only thing I'm against is warning newbies to avoid EMD's. My brother, EMD's still work depending on the niche you chose (high or low competition) and your SEO tactics. The length of the EMD and some other factors depends but then you can't say it's 100% not advisable to use EMD. They are still goldmine. EMD category killers still sell for thousands to millions of dollars to investors and companies who know their value. EMD's can still positively impact your search engine rank and work for your advantage among competitors.
Re: 8 Things To Consider Before Launching Your New Blog by Alexbrain(m): 7:30am On Oct 11, 2016
Can someone also visit my blog and give me feedback http://alexanderbusybrain..com
Re: 8 Things To Consider Before Launching Your New Blog by mokoshalb(m): 7:45am On Oct 11, 2016
kingphilip:

Really..? Bro its a piece for newbie, I have helped a lot of newbie, and those seem to be their first challenge...

1 Like

Re: 8 Things To Consider Before Launching Your New Blog by ezychris(m): 7:46am On Oct 11, 2016
Guys check out my blog www.ezydaniel..com, you definitely wont be disappointed
Re: 8 Things To Consider Before Launching Your New Blog by mokoshalb(m): 8:05am On Oct 11, 2016
Northmall:

Lol, it's easier said than done. A lot of people preach what they don't practice. And besides, there's more to becoming a successful blogger than the points OP just listed. These tips will surely help new bloggers to get started though.

mokoshalb Your write up is cool, the only thing I'm against is warning newbies to avoid EMD's. My brother, EMD's still work depending on the niche you chose (high or low competition) and your SEO tactics. The length of the EMD and some other factors depends but then you can't say it's 100% not advisable to use EMD. They are still goldmine. EMD category killers still sell for thousands to millions of dollars to investors and companies who know their value. EMD's can still positively impact your search engine rank and work for your advantage among competitors.
Yes you are right, the best part is how to practice it..

About the EMD, yea, what you wrote is perfectly right, but, EMD is used mostly by business corporations who offer same services to get customers, but for a blogger its a bit difficult, because the site you want to copy might have a very strong SEO, DA, PR as you said..
Assume a newbie wants to emulate nairaland and he bought a domain nairalandtech, naira-land, naira-lab and so on.. It will be hard for this blog to get traffic from search engine because google now frown against it and it will be a bit difficult for it to identify it..
For example you tell me ur name is northmall, I have known u for years, then this morning someone bug into me and when I asked his name he tells me southmall, there is no way I Won't think of u first, you get..? That's how the search engine also sees it.. Unless the person prooves to me he isn't you, if not I will ignore him..

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things To Consider Before Launching Your New Blog by AgamaHub: 8:08am On Oct 11, 2016
Nice write up.
Re: 8 Things To Consider Before Launching Your New Blog by Odegwu097(m): 8:27am On Oct 11, 2016
Nice write-up,

Also check out how to get your blog approved by adssense. Check it on http://naij.tk
Re: 8 Things To Consider Before Launching Your New Blog by lajoshua: 8:30am On Oct 11, 2016
nmreports:
Can I have some kind people visit my blog and give me feedback.

www.humanresourceng..com.ng

You could also learn few things there.
hello I checked up on your blog.. its okay but it could be way better.. firstly you need a custom domain of which we can do the purchase and integration for you at a give away price... it help make your blog look professional.. we did the same on voiceofaudacity.com... check my signature for my bbm pin and ping me let's talk further.. I can't sag it all here

1 Like

Re: 8 Things To Consider Before Launching Your New Blog by uvalued(m): 8:36am On Oct 11, 2016
mokoshalb:
Are you thinking of launching a blog? A blog is something that can give your voice a new wing. It's always great to have a blog but it is even better to have a well-planned blog. A small mistake can take away all the hype your blog deserves to get. Here are 9 things you need to consider before launching your first blog.

1. Choose your Blogging Platform Wisely: When you are going to have a blog, you need a platform where your site is going to be hosted. There are dozens of blogging platforms to choose from. From them, WordPress.org, blogger.com and are the most popular.
It's now up to you to choose the one that suits your need. For example, if you are not in a position to invest money on hosting you can choose Google’s blogger platform (it's free). If you want more control and power to your blog, choose WordPress.org. With WordPress.org you have full rights over your content.

2. Choose the Right Domain Name: Your domain name becomes your business's nick name in the online world. Choose a domain name that fits your topic well. Having a keyword in the domain is still great. But avoid using exact match domains (EMDs). A .com domain is more preferred and widely used; however you can get country specific domains if you want to focus on a particular country. For example, if your audience is from Nigeria you can opt for .COM.NG or NG.

3. Register your social profiles: This is a very crucial step that comes in between buying your domain and publicly launching your blog. You have to be very fast registering your social profiles after you have bought a domain to avoid someone else from registering it. In that case it will cause a problem in branding and identity crisis.

4. Your Interest: No wonder anyone can open up a blog but only the passionate people survive the first year of blogging. You have to think what your interest is and which topic can never bore you from writing.
You should also not choose a topic that has no audience or has limited scope of growth. Choose a niche that interests you and has scope of growth for the coming years.

5. Design your Blog: No one would like to visit a site that has a clumsy design or one that confuse the reader. But as a beginner this part seems to be an hindrance, you can start with a simple design and as you move forward you start getting enlightened about more design techniques, If you still can't get the design, you can pay top bloggers to get it done for you..

6. Write at least 10 to 15 posts before your launch: When you launch your product with a bang, immediate visitors should not be disappointed to see only 1 or 2 posts. Instead, serve them a full meal of 10-15 posts so that they can enjoy their session. This idea is extremely helpful for newbie bloggers because:
a) Your audience can better understand you: With 10 posts your readers can understand your voice, your tone and your style of writing.
b) It will decrease bounce rates: You wouldn't want Google Analytics, to register high bounce rates for your newly launched blog.
c) You get more time: When you are launching a site, you have tons of task to do. You need to market it on social media, comment on relevant blogs, build relationships and reply to comments on your own blog. For this you need time. And if you have some 10-15 posts you can have enough time for doing all these.

7. Improve your social skills: Blogging is nothing but a social platform revolutionized. You cannot take it to the next level if you are not social. Before even you launch your blog polish your social skills. Start by visiting popular blogs in your niche, comment there and build a relation. This will help you in the launch of your new blog.

8. Funds: “You need money to run a successful blog” that is the truth. You cannot blog for long if you do not have adequate funding. The industry standards and my own experience says, you should not start pushing ads or affiliate posts to your audience right from the launch date. Most ad programs like AdSense, media.net etc. also don't approve freshly launched blogs. A blog can potentially earn after 6 months of its launch. You should therefore, have sufficient monetary backup to support you during this period.

These are the tips that you should keep in mind before launching a blog. A clear strategy will always save you from untimely problems and embarrassment. SEO, small bits of HTML coding along with the blogging processes...

Source: http://www.mokoshalb.com/2016/06/9-things-to-consider-before-launching.html
andttins
Re: 8 Things To Consider Before Launching Your New Blog by Olulinks(m): 8:40am On Oct 11, 2016
gidimasters:
Cool writeup..

Hello, Its time to get your desired facebook page... We build facebook pages starting from 5,000 likes to 100,000 likes.... Order yours now and get your page delivered within days

Here is our recently completed work

https://mbasic.facebook.com/Mercy-Johnson-309493396090554/

https://m.facebook.com/Adekunle-Gold-322203388158788/?ref=opera_speed_dial

Call/whatsapp: 081.80636926

Na una dey scam people with fake celebrity pics. I don dey find you. You don't enter an today.

1 Like

Re: 8 Things To Consider Before Launching Your New Blog by lajoshua: 8:47am On Oct 11, 2016
Alexbrain:
Can someone also visit my blog and give me feedback
http://alexanderbusybrain..com
checked it up. you need a few things firstly is a custom domain... could you ping me on bbm my pin is in my signature below...I'm a little in a hurry now
Re: 8 Things To Consider Before Launching Your New Blog by Alexbrain(m): 9:08am On Oct 11, 2016
lajoshua:

checked it up. you need a few things firstly is a custom domain... could you ping me on bbm my pin is in my signature below...I'm a little in a hurry now
I have added you, and hoping to hear from you.
Re: 8 Things To Consider Before Launching Your New Blog by SEOManiac: 9:12am On Oct 11, 2016
Affableacho:

bro, abeg how do I learn and apply these seo. .I have been reading up on it but I still dont see hw to apply it

It's about

1. Knowing What People Are Searching For (Knowing What To Write)
2. Knowing How To Write It To Increase Readers Audience And Googe Ranking
3. It's About Building Backlinks To All Your Posts For Easy Indexing, frequent indexing will help your rankings

http://www.interiordesignshub.com/

1 Like

Re: 8 Things To Consider Before Launching Your New Blog by Chd12(m): 9:40am On Oct 11, 2016
Nice post. You killed it! !!.....visit www.madeinabu..com for all your latest news around campuses in Nigeria, scholarship news alert and tips on achieving great success in all ramifications of life.

(1) (2) (Reply)

16 Benefits Of Dating A Blogger -9jaflaver / How Do I Add A Line Break To My Pdf In Fpdf? / How To Start A Web Hosting/Development Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.