Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (801960 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (1071) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:54pm On Feb 28, 2018
Congrats Superfalcons No5.. Onome Ebi on your move to China...
I think the 34yrs old Superfalcons Defender still have up to 2 more years to play for the Superfalcon if she is still at the top of her game before making way for the likes of ( Joy Jegede, Josephine Chukwunonye,) who I think would be her possible replacement.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 12:08am On Mar 02, 2018
Congrats to Onome
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 6:56pm On Mar 03, 2018
Women’s WAFU Cup: Lessons from Abidjan adventure

The inaugural edition of West African Football Union (WAFU) Women’s Championship may have come and gone but as someone who witnessed the matches live in Abidjan, there are some crucial lessons I learnt from the tournament.

Ghana, like they did in the Men’s tournament on home soil last year won the Championship; beating arch rivals Nigeria and hosts Cote d’voire on their way to achieving glory.

Here are the four points I brought home from that tournament.

1.WAFU Cup not a bad experiment

The competition was a good work-out for the Super Falcons considering the fact that bulk of the players are U -20 players. The tournament has given them a competitive exposure in view of what to expect during their World Cup in France later in the year.

The tournament also gave the new coaching crew an opportunity to expect a tough Africa Women’s Cup of Nations (AWCON) later in the year. If a country like Mali that arrived few hours to kick off of their first match after they replaced Benin Republic in the competition could frustrate the Super Falcons till the 93rd minute before the Falcons could squeeze out a goal, it then means that no country should be underrated and I want to believe the coaching crew has taken note of that.

2. Thomas Dennerby means business:

When NFF President Amaju Pinnick promised women football followers in Nigeria that the Federation would name a “World class” coach for the Super Falcons, I was one of those that didn’t really take it serious because I have always had this belief that our local coaches are good and we have won all the winnable trophies excluding the World Cup with them.

I kept pondering on what exactly the “World class” coach was coming to do but I started getting answers to my questions in Abidjan when I arrived for the WAFU Cup. I met a workaholic coach in Thomas Dennerby, I met a coach with an intimidating C.V. I had a chat with Dennerby on his vision for the Super Falcons and he made it clear that he wants to build a team that Nigerians will be proud of.

I met a coach who despite the disappointment of not being able to honour the invitational tournament in Turkey is already looking forward to the friendly match against France in April. I saw a Dennerby who is willing and ready to work and I really hope he is given all the support and enabling environment to work because the only thing I assume will make him walk away is if he is not given the support he needs.

3. Five stand-out players for the Super Falcons in the tournament

a. Glory Ogbonna:

This is one player I think has won the heart of Dennerby. She was solid and consistent at the left back position throughout the competition and won the Woman of the Match award in the game against Togo, an award she dedicated to her mentor, the late Chinedu Udoji. Little wonder she is very strong and a no-nonsense type since she has a mentor like that.

She is one player I can advocate to join the “main” Falcons team even if it is for her to under study the senior players at first.

b. Anam Imo:

Imo may have scored just one goal in this tournament but her workrate for the team is commendable. Her partnership with Rasheedat Ajibade up front can be likened to a marriage made in heaven and the Under-20 World Cup in France will give us more opportunity to see this starlet in action.

c. Rasheedat Ajibade:

Ajibade as expected did not disappoint in this tournament. She scored three goals and was always out-running the opponents, causing havoc.

In Raseedat Ajibade, another Assisat Oshoala may have been born.

d. Uchendu Chinaza:

Chinaza is one of the underrated players for Falcons in this tournament. She played all five games – three as a substitute and two as a starter.

In the two matches she started, Uchendu dazzled and bullied the defenders of their opponents (Togo and Mali) and even scored in both matches. If there was any match that has sold the Rivers Angels star to the world, it was the 3rd place match against Mali.

It was no fluke that she was awarded the Woman of the Match in that game. The Falcons big guns will soon come but I believe Uchendu might have done enough to earn herself further invitations in the future.

d. Amarachi Okonkwo and the rest:

This Nasarawa Amazon is a skillful and talented player. Amarachi was another hidden talent from this tournament. She was a substitute in three of the team’s matches but her contributions whenever she was brought on the pitch was top notch.

She was a good asset to have as a super sub on the bench and showed some potentials which sets her up for a good future.

Finally, I must commend Joy Jegede for her leadership qualities on and off the pitch. Some leaders are born while some are made but in Jegede, I saw a truly born leader.

Goalkeeper Chiamaka Nnadozie and Mary Ologbosere were also very consistent in their performances and might just be ready to take over the Falcons after returning from the Under-20 World Cup.

4. Ghana must not be joked with.

If there is any country that Nigeria must pay special attention to as we prepare ahead of AWCON 2018, that country is Ghana.

Simply put: The team Ghana presented in this tournament was a delight to watch. Most of the players were from their U-20 squad as well and are very strong and energetic.

After Ghana defeated Nigeria in the semi final, their coach, a former Black Queens star Tagoe-Quarcoo boasted that Nigeria can never beat her country again.

This may look a little over the top but if we must go far in AWCON, we must work hard and prepare very well.

I again spoke with Tagoe-Quarcoo after her team won the competition and she told me how her Federation has lined up programs for the year for the Black Queens in order to keep them busy and prepared since they won’t be playing AWCON qualifiers as host.

I’m wondering what programmes our Federation have up drawn for the Super Falcons asides the friendly match against France in April and the qualifiers.

Finally, I want to appeal to the Technical Committee of the NFF to get the video clips of matches played during this competition especially those involving Ghana. It will do us good if we can get those clips to assist the coaching crew in opposition scouting.

By Faith Oluchi (@Trendyfaith on Twitter)

https://www.google.de/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.aclsports.com/9932-2/&ved=2ahUKEwjJhbvk3dDZAhVGbFAKHQaMAEIQFjAAegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw1-DXc7G4u6QqicMGvqTvBP

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 11:41pm On Mar 03, 2018
The final AWCON qualifying round has been moved from April to June. Which means that the Super Falcons will face either Burkina Faso or Gambia in the two-legged tie in June.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 3:10am On Mar 04, 2018
PDPGuy:
The final AWCON qualifying round has been moved from April to June. Which means that the Super Falcons will face either Burkina Faso or Gambia in the two-legged tie in June.
Yeah it was moved in December l think. The first round is in April. Nigeria, Cameroon, South Africa, and Equatorial Guinea, have been given automatic byes, so it means the other African teams would play in the first round by April, while Nigeria would play in June alongside these three.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:14am On Mar 07, 2018
Nigeria Women Premier League 2017/18 season set to kick off on April 7
By Samuel Ahmadu, Correspondent

The women's congress discloses that the country's women topflight season will commence next month

The Nigeria Women Football League has announced that the Nigeria Women Premier League will kick off its 2017/2018 season on April 7, 2018.

The season calendar for Nigeria's women topflight was drawn on Saturday, March 3 at the Watercress Hotel, Lagos following the ratified promotion of three teams - Taraba Queens, Sure Babes and Jokodolu Babes from the second-tier Women Pro League.

The chairperson, Aisha Falode announced the commencement date and the resolved to maintain its abridge format of two groups with eight-team each this season due to the summer World Cup tournaments in Russia and France respectively later this year.

Four-time winners Rivers Angels alongside Confluence Queens, Edo Queens, Sure Babes FC, Delta Queens, Taraba Queens, Bayelsa Queens and Ibom Angels were drawn in group A.

While Group B was composed of reigning champions Nasarawa Amazons, Adamawa Queens, Abia Angels, FC Robo, Jokodolu Babes, Sunshine Queens, Osun Babes FC and Pelican Stars.

Among decisions reached, the congress ratified players transfer will be pegged at two hundred thousand for elite division and one hundred thousand for pro league to curb crisis-ridden players' contract.

It also agreed that the deadline for the payment of registration fee is March 19, 2018 and collection of licenses to end on or before 30 March, 2018.

Champions Nasarawa United will commence their title defence at the Lafia City Stadium against FC Robo as star opening match, while other fixtures will hold simultaneously on Wednesday, April 11.

Source: http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/nigeria-women-premier-league-201718-season-set-to-kick-off/7dhxs6m3mun1d16cebf5tgh9

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:55am On Mar 07, 2018
Daejoyoung:

The inaugural edition of West African Football Union (WAFU) Women’s Championship may have come and gone but as someone who witnessed the matches live in Abidjan, there are some crucial lessons I learnt from the tournament.

Ghana, like they did in the Men’s tournament on home soil last year won the Championship; beating arch rivals Nigeria and hosts Cote d’voire on their way to achieving glory.

The competition was a good work-out for the Super Falcons considering the fact that bulk of the players are U -20 players. The tournament has given them a competitive exposure in view of what to expect during their World Cup in France later in the year.

The tournament also gave the new coaching crew an opportunity to expect a tough Africa Women’s Cup of Nations (AWCON) later in the year. If a country like Mali that arrived few hours to kick off of their first match after they replaced Benin Republic in the competition could frustrate the Super Falcons till the 93rd minute before the Falcons could squeeze out a goal, it then means that no country should be underrated and I want to believe the coaching crew has taken note of that.

When NFF President Amaju Pinnick promised women football followers in Nigeria that the Federation would name a “World class” coach for the Super Falcons, I was one of those that didn’t really take it serious because I have always had this belief that our local coaches are good and we have won all the winnable trophies excluding the World Cup with them.

I kept pondering on what exactly the “World class” coach was coming to do but I started getting answers to my questions in Abidjan when I arrived for the WAFU Cup. I met a workaholic coach in Thomas Dennerby, I met a coach with an intimidating C.V. I had a chat with Dennerby on his vision for the Super Falcons and he made it clear that he wants to build a team that Nigerians will be proud of.

I met a coach who despite the disappointment of not being able to honour the invitational tournament in Turkey is already looking forward to the friendly match against France in April. I saw a Dennerby who is willing and ready to work and I really hope he is given all the support and enabling environment to work because the only thing I assume will make him walk away is if he is not given the support he needs.

a. Glory Ogbonna:

This is one player I think has won the heart of Dennerby. She was solid and consistent at the left back position throughout the competition and won the Woman of the Match award in the game against Togo, an award she dedicated to her mentor, the late Chinedu Udoji. Little wonder she is very strong and a no-nonsense type since she has a mentor like that.

She is one player I can advocate to join the “main” Falcons team even if it is for her to under study the senior players at first.

b. Anam Imo:

Imo may have scored just one goal in this tournament but her workrate for the team is commendable. Her partnership with Rasheedat Ajibade up front can be likened to a marriage made in heaven and the Under-20 World Cup in France will give us more opportunity to see this starlet in action.

c. Rasheedat Ajibade:

Ajibade as expected did not disappoint in this tournament. She scored three goals and was always out-running the opponents, causing havoc.

d. Uchendu Chinaza:

Chinaza is one of the underrated players for Falcons in this tournament. She played all five games – three as a substitute and two as a starter.

In the two matches she started, Uchendu dazzled and bullied the defenders of their opponents (Togo and Mali) and even scored in both matches. If there was any match that has sold the Rivers Angels star to the world, it was the 3rd place match against Mali.

It was no fluke that she was awarded the Woman of the Match in that game. The Falcons big guns will soon come but I believe Uchendu might have done enough to earn herself further invitations in the future.

This Nasarawa Amazon is a skillful and talented player. Amarachi was another hidden talent from this tournament. She was a substitute in three of the team’s matches but her contributions whenever she was brought on the pitch was top notch.

She was a good asset to have as a super sub on the bench and showed some potentials which sets her up for a good future.

Finally, I must commend Joy Jegede for her leadership qualities on and off the pitch. Some leaders are born while some are made but in Jegede, I saw a truly born leader.

Goalkeeper Chiamaka Nnadozie and Mary Ologbosere were also very consistent in their performances and might just be ready to take over the Falcons after returning from the Under-20 World Cup.

If there is any country that Nigeria must pay special attention to as we prepare ahead of AWCON 2018, that country is Ghana.

Simply put: The team Ghana presented in this tournament was a delight to watch. Most of the players were from their U-20 squad as well and are very strong and energetic.

After Ghana defeated Nigeria in the semi final, their coach, a former Black Queens star Tagoe-Quarcoo boasted that Nigeria can never beat her country again.

This may look a little over the top but if we must go far in AWCON, we must work hard and prepare very well.

I again spoke with Tagoe-Quarcoo after her team won the competition and she told me how her Federation has lined up programs for the year for the Black Queens in order to keep them busy and prepared since they won’t be playing AWCON qualifiers as host.

I’m wondering what programmes our Federation have up drawn for the Super Falcons asides the friendly match against France in April and the qualifiers.

Finally, I want to appeal to the Technical Committee of the NFF to get the video clips of matches played during this competition especially those involving Ghana. It will do us good if we can get those clips to assist the coaching crew in opposition scouting.

https://www.google.de/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.aclsports.com/9932-2/&ved=2ahUKEwjJhbvk3dDZAhVGbFAKHQaMAEIQFjAAegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw1-DXc7G4u6QqicMGvqTvBP

Are u kidding me @ the bolded? That coach is a real comedian. They didn't even win the match convincingly it was through penalties.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 10:06am On Mar 07, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Are u kidding me @ the bolded? That coach is a real comedian. They didn't even win the match convincingly it was through penalties.
That is Ghana for you and most of these African countries(Cameroon, SouthAfrica). Just a little success over the falcons, and you see them chest beating. Same Ghana and Cameroon won gold and Silver respectively at the All African Games in 2015, with superfalcons finishing a distant fourth even behind lvorycoast, but in 2016, the falcons rose to the occasion again.
They forget that just like Brazil takes the World Cup more seriously, Superfalcons don't mess around when it comes to the AWCON proper in Africa.
All of these three countries forget that it took them about two decades to finally catch up with the falcons( in the quality of football played). l watched the Superfalcons in 2004 at the Olympics, where they beat Japan and were few mins away from beating eventual winners Germany , the quality was top notch and they were simply no match for any African team, but unfortunately we have remained stagnant, to the extent that even Finland( a team that had their u20 whitewashed 8-0 by falconets then) now rank higher than us.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:02pm On Mar 07, 2018
Sir BascoVanVeli.... loooollll... allow them naa... small win they got via penalties against our team C don give them liver to dey talk lie... hahahahahahahahaha...

Oya what about this other bolded.... they claim to have fielded most of their U-20 players... Abeg is it that Faith Oluchi is just rapping what she does not know or she didn't do proper investigation into that Ghanaian team sheet? I dissected that Ghanaian team myself just to a little extent and I saw no U-20 player in their starting XI. So what is this talk of them fielding U-20 players? abi na Nigeria wey field U-20 players sef... some reporters sef. Hian!

Daejoyoung:

a. Glory Ogbonna:

b. Anam Imo:

c. Rasheedat Ajibade:

d. Uchendu Chinaza:

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:18pm On Mar 07, 2018
Nigeria Superfalcon Goalkeeper Alaba Jonathan currently based in Israel with Netanya Women Football Club alongside Former Superfalconet star Yetunde Adeboyejo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 1:51pm On Mar 07, 2018
Schemerkhiz:
Nigeria Superfalcon Goalkeeper Alaba Jonathan currently based in Israel with Netanya Women Football Club alongside Former Superfalconet star Yetunde Adeboyejo.
Wow, no wonder they weren't in WAFU. Even Charity Reuben(best player in the league last season) wasn't invited, or maybe she has a link overseas too.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 2:14pm On Mar 07, 2018
Charity Reuben is still with Ibom Angels.. Though she is facing a stiff competition with Nasarawa Amazons Central Forward Anam Imo for the position of the Superfalconet (U20) Top9...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 2:17pm On Mar 07, 2018
Schemerkhiz:
Charity Reuben is still with Ibom Angels.. Though she is facing a stiff competition with Nasarawa Amazons Central Forward Anam Imo for the position of the Superfalconet (U20) Top9...
The coach has always preferred to use her as a super sub, she comes in when things look difficult for the falconets. l have seen a few of her goals, and l know raw talent when l see one.
She controls the ball so well and is calm in front of goal.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 2:40pm On Mar 07, 2018
1. TOCHUKWU OLUEHI
Date of Birth 02-05-1987
Age 30yrs
Position: Goalkeeper
Club: Rivers Angels
When you here of the Name Tochukwu Oluehi, what comes to your mind is experience. The high flying former Medkila IL of Norway goalkeeper still have a lot to offer for years to come. She currently the best goalie Nigeria Superfalcon can lay hand on now.
Having been to several AWCON, 2 Women World CUP 2007, 2011. And also to the 2008 Olympics. If recalled to the Team she would definitely be the No1..
STRENGTH: Experience, Good in the air, sharp Reflexes, Calm, can organize her defence very well.
A penalty specialist and Command the respect of players.
WEAKNESSES: Fumble when not expected.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:36am On Mar 08, 2018
Definitely a special goalie.... It was always gonna be a battle between her and Alaba Jonathan in the long run for Suepr falcons no.1 after Previous Dede left the scene.

First time I ever saw Tochukwu Oluehi was at the 2006 FIFA U-20 Women's World cup in Russia. She was the no.1 and she was special between the sticks.

It was because of a harsh red card given to her in that quarterfinals tie against Brazil that led to the Super Falconets falling 2-1 in a game we should have won and made it to the semis.
Oluehi's red card gave way to the worst goalkeeper I have her seem wear the Nigerian jersey at any level.... A former hockey goalkeeper called Christy Bulus. My Good Lord! She was atrocious and confused and was the reason Brazil got their second and winning goal. With Oluehi, Brazil didn't have a chance... But with Bulus, mehn... All of Uwak's efforts alomgside those of Maureem Eke and Rita Chikwelu and late Blessing Akusobi were blown to pieces.

I remember that tournament so well for Uwak's heroics, Chikwelu's class, Eke's composure on the ball, Akusobi's discipline in defence, Ikidi's grace also in defence, Akudo Sabi's leadership, Tawa Ishola's unpredictability, Titilayo Mekuleyi's visionary passes, Akudo iwuagwu's diminutive style of play, and most of all Oluehi's bravery, acrobatics and confidence in goal.

That team was special... They could have been the first U-20 side to reach the semis but Thankfully posterity rewarded us in 2010 and have made us regular top contenders at that level in women's football now with Two final appearances as silver medallists (2010 amd 2014) and a semi (4 th place finish) in 2012.

Oluehi has come a long way shaa... Happy she is still in the business of things because I saw greatness in her back in 2006. How time flies.... smiley

Schemerkhiz:

1. TOCHUKWU OLUEHI
Date of Birth 02-05-1987
Age 30yrs
Position: Goalkeeper
Club: Rivers Angels
When you here of the Name Tochukwu Oluehi, what comes to your mind is experience. The high flying former Medkila IL of Norway goalkeeper still have a lot to offer for years to come. She currently the best goalie Nigeria Superfalcon can lay hand on now.
Having been to several AWCON, 2 Women World CUP 2007, 2011. And also to the 2008 Olympics. If recalled to the Team she would definitely be the No1..
STRENGTH: Experience, Good in the air, sharp Reflexes, Calm, can organize her defence very well.
A penalty specialist and Command the respect of players.
WEAKNESSES: Fumble when not expected.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:30am On Mar 08, 2018
Tochukwu Oluehi is still the Best Goalie we currently have in the NWFL, her saves during penalties have helped Rivers Angels alot to lift so many trophies.
Oluehi is already on her back to the Superfalcons with the way things are going. It will always be a battle between her and Alaba Jonathan. But she will always get the node over Alaba..
She has over 40 caps with the Superfalcon even when Dede was First Choice, she still displaced her at Times.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 11:19am On Mar 08, 2018
Watching the draw for U20 WWC live now. Mikael Silvestre and some ladies. Nigeria is in Pot 2, which means we're near the highest ranked teams. We may fall in a really tough group, but we should cope.
Rashidat Ajibade, Famuditi and co can cope.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 11:41am On Mar 08, 2018
Nigeria in Group D with Germany....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 11:44am On Mar 08, 2018
olapluto:
Better to meet them in the group stage at least
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 11:44am On Mar 08, 2018
Daejoyoung:

Better to meet them in the group stage at least
Nigeria, China, Germany in same group!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 11:48am On Mar 08, 2018
Germany, Nigeria, China....
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 11:48am On Mar 08, 2018
Nigeria, Germany, China, Haiti in group D. Group of death.
First Match: Nigeria vs Germany on the 6th of August at about 12:30pm Nigerian time. Toughest match in the group for Nigeria.
2nd Match: Nigeria vs Haiti on Thursday 9th August at 3:30pm. We should win and have high goal difference.
3rd Match. Nigeria vs China on Monday 13th August at 3:30pm.

If we qualify from this group, then we play either USA, Japan or Spain.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 11:49am On Mar 08, 2018
Haiti
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 11:50am On Mar 08, 2018
olapluto:
Nigeria, Germany, China, Haiti in group D. Group of death.
Lol what would you then say of Group B and C.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 11:53am On Mar 08, 2018
olapluto:

Nigeria, China, Germany in same group!
China is no longer as tough as they used to be, at lleast not like Japan and North Korea.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AIG07: 6:35pm On Mar 09, 2018
olapluto:
NIGERIA and group D Sha...

But this group take style tough. A bit tricky.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by enomakos(m): 7:12pm On Mar 09, 2018
Daejoyoung:

China is no longer as tough as they used to be, at lleast not like Japan and North Korea.
we shall not underrated them,they are a decent side
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 7:25pm On Mar 09, 2018
enomakos:
we shall not underrated them,they are a decent side
Of course not, I'm just saying the tournament has no easy group if you look closely, and in comparison to North Korea and Japan, China is easier to play against and to beat.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 10:44pm On Mar 09, 2018
I'm thinking of the quarter final already if we can just top the group and avoid usa
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 10:50pm On Mar 09, 2018
isan:
I'm thinking of the quarter final already if we can just top the group and avoid usa
l think Japan is also in group C, if we top the group, we may be avoiding Japan not U.S.A. This Japanese u20 has been tough right from the u17 era( two years ago)
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 11:00pm On Mar 09, 2018
isan:
The quarter final will neither vs USA or Japan. Either game will be tough indeed.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:45pm On Mar 09, 2018
I think we should be avoiding the Japanese not the USA side,because we would beat them down. The Japanese side are more technical and aggressive.

Joy Bokiri should also join the Falconets team, because her presence in the Midfield would be a plus for us..
My 6 Midfielders for the tournament are
1. Christy Ucheibe 18yrs (Nasarawa Amazons)
2. Folashade Ijamilusi 17yrs (From Academy club)
3. Bashirat Amoo 15yrs (Confluence Queens)
4. Peace Efih 17yrs (Edo Queens)
5. Adebisi Saheed 18yrs (Delta Queens)
6. Joy Bokiri 19yrs Sporting de Huelva (Spain)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (1071) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.