Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

How To Apply For A Kenyan Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Apply For A Kenyan Visa (4755 Views)

Kenyan Says Nigerians Are Operating Like Chinese And Taking Over African Nations / Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) / The Beauty Of A Kenyan Safari . Here's My Journey In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Apply For A Kenyan Visa by jidedoKQ(m): 5:22pm On Oct 12, 2016
Thanks to its fascinating highlights and amazing attractions like the famous wildlife, beautiful beaches, Indian Ocean coastlines and more, Kenya is a major African tourism hub for inbound tourists from all around the world. Even Nigerians are not left out as they also want to feel the charm of the ‘Cradle of mankind’.
As a Nigerian, if you are planning to visit Kenya, you are expected to apply for a visa online or get one at the point of entry. We will guide you on how to apply for a Kenyan Visa online. However, note that children under 16 years old are exempted from visa payment and are not expected to submit a visa application.

Note that Kenya offers three (3) types of visas, they are;

Single Entry Visa- allows you to enter Kenya only once and its valid for up to 90 days
Transit Visa- For a short flight stop over and can last up to 3 days.
Multiple Entry- Suitable for those that want to enter Kenya multiple times

Requirements

A valid international passport that is valid for at least Six (6) months
Scanned photograph- coloured with white background
Itinerary
Letter from your employer or an invitation letter
Copy of confirmed hotel reservations

How to apply online

Visit https://account.ecitizen.go.ke/register and create an account as a Visitor
Fill out the account creation form and submit
Check your e-mail inbox to verify your email address
Upload your passport size photo (Maximum dimension is 500 px by 500 px)
Click on Depart of Immigration Services
Select KENYAN VISA
Select the kind of visa you want to apply for and carefully read the instructions then click on APPLY NOW
Fill out the application form and select CONTINUE
Pay for your visa using your debit card then wait for your approval email
Download and print out your eVisa

Kenya High Commission Office Address

Lagos Office
First Floor UBA Building, 22B, Idowu Taylor street, Victoria Island.

Abuja Office
No. 357, Diplomatic Drive, Central Business District, Abuja.

Source: http://kqholidaysng.com/2016/10/12/how-to-apply-for-a-kenyan-visa/
Re: How To Apply For A Kenyan Visa by MtuMsuper: 5:34pm On Oct 12, 2016
A major correction sir. Kenya is not an emerging tourist destination but is in fact an established one with a vibrant tour & travel industry.

4 Likes

Re: How To Apply For A Kenyan Visa by jidedoKQ(m): 5:41pm On Oct 12, 2016
Thank you for the correction
MtuMsuper:
A major correction sir. Kenya is not an emerging tourist destination but is in fact an established one with a vibrant tour & travel industry.
Re: How To Apply For A Kenyan Visa by nairalife2013(m): 6:41pm On Oct 12, 2016
The tiger that fought my grandpa and escaped was spotted in Kenya. I ll be there not long from now.
He who fight and run away.. .

1 Like

Re: How To Apply For A Kenyan Visa by spicyfrankboy(m): 10:24am On Jan 04, 2019
When I'm asked to upload additional documents like

Business Visits 1. Invitation Letters from company / Invitation letter for business visits 2. Copies of registration of the company Family visits 3. Invitation Letters from family. 4. Identity card / Passport / Alien card / Entry permit of the host. Tourists 5. Travel itinerary (Details about places to visit if going as tourist). 6. Hotel bookings. Identity Documents 1. Clear Passport bio data page. 2. A clear photograph.

Pls I don't have any of these , how can I go about it?
Re: How To Apply For A Kenyan Visa by Palazo(m): 8:22pm On Feb 29, 2020
Nigerians don't apply online, visa is at Point of Entry, just make sure your passport is valid for 6months,book a flight(round trip) and go when you get to the airport in Nairobi they will issue you a form to fill, in that form its like your itenary of places you want to visit while in Kenya but then make a hotel reservation then fill the address of the hotel as the address of where you want to stay while in Kenya. The visa office will just ask you your purpose of visit,you tell him/ her you're a tourist, once bro you pay $50 they issue you a sticker visa in your passport. NB: if you're a first time visitor they will issue you maybe a 1month visa you can extend your visa for 3months while in Kenya before you exist. The places is OK just few areas are dangerous.

1 Like

Re: How To Apply For A Kenyan Visa by Chamillionaire(m): 10:28pm On Feb 29, 2020
Pls what are the areas to avoid ?
Re: How To Apply For A Kenyan Visa by TheMan3: 1:57pm On Mar 01, 2020
Palazo:
Nigerians don't apply online, visa is at Point of Entry, just make sure your passport is valid for 6months,book a flight(round trip) and go when you get to the airport in Nairobi they will issue you a form to fill, in that form its like your itenary of places you want to visit while in Kenya but then make a hotel reservation then fill the address of the hotel as the address of where you want to stay while in Kenya. The visa office will just ask you your purpose of visit,you tell him/ her you're a tourist, once bro you pay $50 they issue you a sticker visa in your passport. NB: if you're a first time visitor they will issue you maybe a 1month visa you can extend your visa for 3months while in Kenya before you exist. The places is OK just few areas are dangerous.

exactly
Re: How To Apply For A Kenyan Visa by Raylight2(m): 11:43pm On Oct 09, 2020
Palazo:

thanks. I am going as a student. can I use same method?
Re: How To Apply For A Kenyan Visa by betaessays: 12:37am On Dec 06, 2020
Kenya visa requirements for Nigeria citizens
https://travelvisa.ng/how-to-apply-for-a-kenyan-visa-in-nigeria/
Re: How To Apply For A Kenyan Visa by Veyy: 10:28pm On Nov 13, 2021
Hello guys. Please has anyone been to Kenya this year as a first timer. Is it visa on arrival or do I need to apply for it online before going? Secondly, do I need to show a hotel accomodation even when I have someone over there I will be visiting?
Thirdly, what type of visa do I need to fill in?Am planning to travel there this coming December for tourist visit.
Thank you guys.
Re: How To Apply For A Kenyan Visa by cmoney22222: 7:31am On Nov 21, 2021
Can somebody reply this pls
Veyy:
Hello guys. Please has anyone been to Kenya this year as a first timer. Is it visa on arrival or do I need to apply for it online before going? Secondly, do I need to show a hotel accomodation even when I have someone over there I will be visiting?
Thirdly, what type of visa do I need to fill in?Am planning to travel there this coming December for tourist visit.
Thank you guys.
Re: How To Apply For A Kenyan Visa by bigtt76(f): 10:41am On Nov 21, 2021
Apply online and get it approved before traveling. Visa on arrival has changed since the Covid lockdown.

Veyy:
Thank you guys.

(1) (Reply)

For Those Seeking Help On Belgium Visa***** / Malawi Embassy / Going To Visit Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.