Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,139 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Woman Quits Her £2.5million-a-year Executive Job After Her Children Said They Do - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Quits Her £2.5million-a-year Executive Job After Her Children Said They Do (777 Views)

Maternity Photoshoot Of A Mother Expecting Twins With Her 2 Sets Of Twins / Mother And Her 2 Teenage Twin Daughters Pregnant For One Man (photos) / Woman Flogged By Her Husband, Flees With Her Children (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Quits Her £2.5million-a-year Executive Job After Her Children Said They Do by Kswiss001(m): 11:21pm On Oct 12, 2016
A woman has quit as a £2.5million boss of one of Britain’s biggest firms to spend more time at home after oneof her children told her: ‘I want my mum back.’Ruby McGregor-Smith, 53, has spent nine years juggling her role as chief executive of security and cleaning staff supplier Mitie with raising her two children.

But yesterday Baroness McGregor-Smith, Britain’s first Asian boss of a top FTSE 250 company, announced plans to step down, saying this was partly influenced by the comments from her children.

Her resignation will reignite the debate over the challenges facing mothers struggling to balance work and home life.

Baroness McGregor-Smith, who was ennobled in the 2015 dissolution honours list, said:‘I always thought ten years would be long enough in the role.‘When I started my children were aged eight and ten and now one is at university and the other doing A-levels.

‘We talked to the children about me leaving the job last year and both said they want more time with me. Being a mum of two young people was always something I had to juggle with work. It’s been really tough.’

Baroness McGregor-Smith said:‘I was still a really hands-on mum. Typically I would get up by 6am and the big thing was being with [the children] in the morning and taking them to school and doing lift shares with other mums.’

She usually made it home by early evening and both parents cooked the evening meal together. She has said previously:

‘You need to work with people who understand you have a family and that you are a mother first and foremost. To make it work in top jobs, women need a lot of support to allow them to do it alongside having a family.’

http://www.yabaleftonline.com/2016/10/woman-quits-her-2-5million-a-year-executive-job-after-her-children-said-they-dont-see-her-enough/
Re: Woman Quits Her £2.5million-a-year Executive Job After Her Children Said They Do by rawpadgin(m): 4:53am On Oct 13, 2016
can't happen in my country
hunger nor dey that side na
Re: Woman Quits Her £2.5million-a-year Executive Job After Her Children Said They Do by TerrorSquad147: 6:57am On Oct 13, 2016
This is ridiculously lugbrigous...whatever that means angry
Re: Woman Quits Her £2.5million-a-year Executive Job After Her Children Said They Do by Opistorincos(m): 7:22am On Oct 13, 2016
shocked
Re: Woman Quits Her £2.5million-a-year Executive Job After Her Children Said They Do by Ranchhoddas: 9:23am On Oct 13, 2016
She is already very wealthy, so it's not really going to have any effect on her finances.
Re: Woman Quits Her £2.5million-a-year Executive Job After Her Children Said They Do by sunnydayasaba(m): 9:46am On Oct 13, 2016
Who is she working for again, when those she plan to retire if not now.

she has made her mark, it can only get better from here, all she need to do is get a smaller job that can give her d desire time she need with her children and she's gud to go.

(1) (Reply)

£350,000 charge piled on by a Nigerian mother who traveled 2 London 2 give birth / Are You A Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ, Click Here Now / Children Of Anger Abandon Their Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.