Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,087 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Nigerian Lady Gives Oyinbo Peppersoup In US, Then Lands In Police Station (Pics) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Lady Gives Oyinbo Peppersoup In US, Then Lands In Police Station (Pics) (60813 Views)

Plane Conveying Pilgrims Crash Lands In Niger State / Seaplane Lands In Bayelsa For The First Time In 21 Years (Photos) / Tanker Goes Up In Flames While Discharging Its Content In A Petrol Station.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Lady Gives Oyinbo Peppersoup In US, Then Lands In Police Station (Pics) by Carter4luv(m): 1:55pm On Oct 13, 2016
God created nigerians wit uniquenees, any food u bring cum fr us we go chop am lick mouth like say we never eat. # God bless naija
Re: Nigerian Lady Gives Oyinbo Peppersoup In US, Then Lands In Police Station (Pics) by Dshocker(m): 1:58pm On Oct 13, 2016
Pheals:
Must you give oyinbo our food !! Hope they free her, so that she can also sue them if she as the right

What are you saying?.... Its the guy that has every right to sue her
Re: Nigerian Lady Gives Oyinbo Peppersoup In US, Then Lands In Police Station (Pics) by pimplucious: 2:01pm On Oct 13, 2016
ItsBolaji:
hmm oga analyst una well done.

Duhh it is called attention to details. It's a key aspect they look out for during interview session in UK.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Gives Oyinbo Peppersoup In US, Then Lands In Police Station (Pics) by RaeMystix: 2:33pm On Oct 13, 2016
HungerBAD:
Laughing.

An interesting tale.

But some things stood out in the narrative,that needs to be pointed out. The topic says girl in the US?but some simple English here is different from the American way of speaking.

In the US nobody uses the word GP. GP(General Practitioner)is how the British call their Doctors. Again,she used the word Flatmate. Americans do not know what flatmate means,they have room mates.

This tells me this might have happened in the UK or Ireland.

I also did notice the "Flatmate" and couldn't figure out the meaning of "GP", but who cares?. You didn't have to write a whole passage to correct just one error.
Re: Nigerian Lady Gives Oyinbo Peppersoup In US, Then Lands In Police Station (Pics) by vislabraye(m): 2:39pm On Oct 13, 2016
martineverest:
but nigerians too like pepper...some mexicans and asians who are lovers of pepper are always amazed at d way we consume hotter pepper,especially jalapenos.

Our own is Africanized pepper. When you hear that word, "Africanized" it means it is deadly. Example is Africanized bees. grin .
The Oyibo no serious.
Re: Nigerian Lady Gives Oyinbo Peppersoup In US, Then Lands In Police Station (Pics) by vislabraye(m): 2:39pm On Oct 13, 2016
RaeMystix:

I also did notice the "Flatmate" and couldn't figure out the meaning of "GP", but who cares?. You didn't have to write a whole passage to correct just one error.

No mind am. Na Itk dey do am.
Re: Nigerian Lady Gives Oyinbo Peppersoup In US, Then Lands In Police Station (Pics) by RaeMystix: 2:42pm On Oct 13, 2016
vislabraye:

No mind am. Na Itk dey do am.
Over sabi grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Gives Oyinbo Peppersoup In US, Then Lands In Police Station (Pics) by karferguso(m): 2:56pm On Oct 13, 2016
The funniest thing is that the spice over there is not the 'real' spice. Of e con chop Nigerian pepper nko?
Re: Nigerian Lady Gives Oyinbo Peppersoup In US, Then Lands In Police Station (Pics) by martineverest(m): 3:05pm On Oct 13, 2016
vislabraye:

Our own is Africanized pepper. When you hear that word, "Africanized" it means it is deadly. Example is Africanized bees. grin .
The Oyibo no serious.
i dont blame d oyibo....he was trying to be adventurous,not knowing this one was deadly.
Anytime d oyibo man hear 'naija food'him go lock him ear,throw d key yo lagoon

But we naija too like pepper,sha.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Gives Oyinbo Peppersoup In US, Then Lands In Police Station (Pics) by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 13, 2016
rawpadgin:
all the expatriate for our work dey drink pepper soup like water

most oyinbos are too soft

same way Man United team came to naija some years ago

mosquito pikin bite rooney, the guy sick for almost a month grin

Hilarious @mosquito pikin
Re: Nigerian Lady Gives Oyinbo Peppersoup In US, Then Lands In Police Station (Pics) by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 13, 2016
pimplucious:

Did u read story of Alex Iwobi, the nigerian that plays for Arsenal who was rushed to hospital after eating cat fish pepper soup he shared with one of super eagle team mate?

He was treated for food poisioning. His colleague was ok tho. His system isn't obviously made for such spicy food.
No, but sounds like 2 people can have different reactions to the same food just like allergies.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Gives Oyinbo Peppersoup In US, Then Lands In Police Station (Pics) by UchaNwababa: 3:11pm On Oct 13, 2016
PulloutGameA1:
Lol, reminds me of My roomates in college, Whole squad would assemble whenever I cooked Soup occasionally...Meat that should last me for two weeks only lasts 3 days.

Funny thing is, no matter how coded you try to be, they will be trooping in, next thing you know there are drinks and a mini party in the whole block is going on all on my own stew.

The painful part is they will take the meat and stew and you come dey wonder...all this eba who go eat am?
Alobam No kill me with Laugh....
Re: Nigerian Lady Gives Oyinbo Peppersoup In US, Then Lands In Police Station (Pics) by Nobody: 3:29pm On Oct 13, 2016
gypsey:
so that's food poisoning? But i ve had food poisoning before and the doctor told me it was because i must have eaten contaminated or outdated food.
Yea right. Food-poisoning comes in many forms.
Re: Nigerian Lady Gives Oyinbo Peppersoup In US, Then Lands In Police Station (Pics) by Jadoskii(m): 3:48pm On Oct 13, 2016
HungerBAD:
Laughing.

An interesting tale.

But some things stood out in the narrative,that needs to be pointed out. The topic says girl in the US?but some simple English here is different from the American way of speaking.

In the US nobody uses the word GP. GP(General Practitioner)is how the British call their Doctors. Again,she used the word Flatmate. Americans do not know what flatmate means,they have room mates.

it's simple logic dude.this lady is a Nigerian.in Nigeria we basically use the British educational system,And it clearly shows that this lady was brought up in Nigeria before porting to America.so it is only logical for her to retain the British way of Pronouncing and spelling.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Gives Oyinbo Peppersoup In US, Then Lands In Police Station (Pics) by blueeyes1: 3:48pm On Oct 13, 2016
oxygen004:
You for even add am ginger
Wicked! grin
Re: Nigerian Lady Gives Oyinbo Peppersoup In US, Then Lands In Police Station (Pics) by Praktikals(m): 3:51pm On Oct 13, 2016
rawpadgin:

If Anopheles mosquito com chop am nko? grin
Re: Nigerian Lady Gives Oyinbo Peppersoup In US, Then Lands In Police Station (Pics) by Praktikals(m): 3:54pm On Oct 13, 2016
Jadoskii:
it's simple logic dude.this lady is a Nigerian.in Nigeria we basically use the British educational system,And it clearly shows that this lady was brought up in Nigeria before porting to America.so it is only logical for her to retain the British way of Pronouncing and spelling.
Mr Logic, so we dey call doctors GP for Nigeria ba?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Gives Oyinbo Peppersoup In US, Then Lands In Police Station (Pics) by Lionsclaw: 4:00pm On Oct 13, 2016
Abiagirl777:
that is what longer throat causes
its not long throat he wanted to impress the chic grin
Re: Nigerian Lady Gives Oyinbo Peppersoup In US, Then Lands In Police Station (Pics) by lemonys(m): 4:04pm On Oct 13, 2016
Warridis
Re: Nigerian Lady Gives Oyinbo Peppersoup In US, Then Lands In Police Station (Pics) by airsaylongcon: 4:08pm On Oct 13, 2016
HungerBAD:
Laughing.

An interesting tale.

Another dead giveaway was "Roundabout" when Americans call it traffic circle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Gives Oyinbo Peppersoup In US, Then Lands In Police Station (Pics) by ArabMopol(m): 4:17pm On Oct 13, 2016
hahahaha

Re: Nigerian Lady Gives Oyinbo Peppersoup In US, Then Lands In Police Station (Pics) by bossy512(f): 4:42pm On Oct 13, 2016
Sorry oyinbo, is long throat that want to kill him, let him take small salt or milk
Re: Nigerian Lady Gives Oyinbo Peppersoup In US, Then Lands In Police Station (Pics) by alexarelano(m): 5:57pm On Oct 13, 2016
If e con eat banqu or dokunnu (Ghanaian food characterized by half ground uncooked pepper with onions) nko?
Na one pill e go take, e no go even reach hospital grin grin
Re: Nigerian Lady Gives Oyinbo Peppersoup In US, Then Lands In Police Station (Pics) by AfroBlue(m): 6:36pm On Oct 13, 2016
i agree with the above posters that @MsNemah is based in the UK

babe has brains and class. see her in the polo outfit riding a Equus ferus caballus grin

https://twitter.com/msnemah?lang=en

i wonder what her NL tag is?
Re: Nigerian Lady Gives Oyinbo Peppersoup In US, Then Lands In Police Station (Pics) by delishpot: 7:41pm On Oct 13, 2016
Shii. I DON LAUGH TIRE
Re: Nigerian Lady Gives Oyinbo Peppersoup In US, Then Lands In Police Station (Pics) by delishpot: 8:04pm On Oct 13, 2016
abbeyty:
joke apart, what benefit do people get from eating too much pepper self?..moderation is the key too much pepper wont even let you enjoy the food. that remind me of my mum then, if you steal meat from my mother's pot there is no need for investigation you have to give yourself up when pepper is blowing your head

The pepper is the enjoyment Na. To me, there can't be "too much" when pepper is involved. There can only be Enough pepper or small pepper.
Eg..... I like how you put enough pepper for the food. E make sense
or..
Why you put small pepper for the food Na? E for make sense if say you put enough. grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Lady Gives Oyinbo Peppersoup In US, Then Lands In Police Station (Pics) by abbeyty(m): 8:10pm On Oct 13, 2016
delishpot:

The pepper is the enjoyment Na. To me, there can't be "too much" when pepper is involved. There can only be Enough pepper or small pepper.
Eg..... I like how you put enough pepper for the food. E make sense
or..
Why you put small pepper for the food Na? E for make sense if say you put enough. grin grin grin grin

lol, just like my mum it can never be enough. dont you feel pain when you go to toilet afterward ?
Re: Nigerian Lady Gives Oyinbo Peppersoup In US, Then Lands In Police Station (Pics) by delishpot: 8:15pm On Oct 13, 2016
abbeyty:

lol, just like my mum it can never be enough. dont you feel pain when you go to toilet afterward ?

Nope. I don't even remember I had pepper.
I start looking for my next fix as soon as time for next meal approaches. Does it burn some ?maybe if Na small pikin chop am sha.
Re: Nigerian Lady Gives Oyinbo Peppersoup In US, Then Lands In Police Station (Pics) by pamcode(m): 9:06pm On Oct 13, 2016
HungerBAD:
Laughing.

An interesting tale.

Exactly what i thought too. The English was just too pure to be used by a Nigerian staying in the Us she would have have been corrupted by nigger language.
Re: Nigerian Lady Gives Oyinbo Peppersoup In US, Then Lands In Police Station (Pics) by Codes151(m): 9:35pm On Oct 13, 2016
[size=20pt]Her lips![/size]
Re: Nigerian Lady Gives Oyinbo Peppersoup In US, Then Lands In Police Station (Pics) by MrMacinterchi1: 10:22pm On Oct 13, 2016
rawpadgin:
all the expatriate for our work dey drink pepper soup like water

most oyinbos are too soft

lol
Re: Nigerian Lady Gives Oyinbo Peppersoup In US, Then Lands In Police Station (Pics) by hollyoo(f): 11:57pm On Oct 13, 2016
[Lmfaoquote author=Abiagirl777 post=50162834]that is what longer throat causes
[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Inside The Kaduna-abuja Train Shared By A Twitter User (photos) / Help! Friends, Family & Former School Mates From Nig Are Killing Me With Demands / Is Asokoro, Abuja The Best Precinct In West Africa? (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.