Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,179 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Senate Extends JAMB Result Validity To 3 Years - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Senate Extends JAMB Result Validity To 3 Years (32884 Views)

Nigerian Senate Has Extended JAMB Validity To Three Years / Senate Extends Jamb’s Validity Period To 3 Years / [breaking] Senate Extends JAMB Result’s Validity To Three Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Extends JAMB Result Validity To 3 Years by GoodSide: 2:54pm On Oct 13, 2016
its simple..you retake jamb next year.
jamb only works by result bro.
since ni result
e mean say u just waste time,money,energy and some knowledge for the exam,during jamd and after jamb.
wasted bro.
do direct entry forget jamb or go private uni
Holyfield1:
Someone should please explain this to me in simple term
As I wrote JAMB this year scored 247 and no admission, meaning I do not have to write JAMB next year abi?
Re: Senate Extends JAMB Result Validity To 3 Years by AliJohn(m): 2:54pm On Oct 13, 2016
Holyfield1:
As I wrote JAMB this year scored 247 and no admission, meaning I do not have to write JAMB next year abi?
i tink u wil ryt o ..even me 2 ,no admission diz yr..
Re: Senate Extends JAMB Result Validity To 3 Years by AliJohn(m): 2:57pm On Oct 13, 2016
GoodSide:
its simple..you retake jamb next year.
jamb only works by result bro.
since ni result
e mean say u just waste time,money,energy and some knowledge for the exam,during jamd and after jamb.
wasted bro.
do direct entry forget jamb or go private uni
gud advice tho.

FINGER AINT EQUAL.
Re: Senate Extends JAMB Result Validity To 3 Years by Ahmadgani(m): 2:59pm On Oct 13, 2016
I don't think it will solve the problem.
Re: Senate Extends JAMB Result Validity To 3 Years by nwakibie3(m): 3:02pm On Oct 13, 2016
princeofpeace22:
The i's have it grin

grin grin bad guy...... we will get there someday
Re: Senate Extends JAMB Result Validity To 3 Years by charlisco(m): 3:03pm On Oct 13, 2016
there is nothing good in it.
let say i score 230 and i put in for uniben, and uniben did nt give me admission.
i definitely know that the up coming year cutoff mark will be high. and again i cannot do a change of course form, since jamb will not enable it once that year has past. as it is only the current year will be showing, or the worst, jamb will not even sell change of course form for even that year. so there is nothing their to celebrate.

the little positive effect one will have is that it will save cost, if the candidate know that he/she will nt be able to perform well for the forthcoming exam, he/she will just relax.

also, it will giv candidate that has money more opportunity, as they will buy the new form, and apply for another school, while still using the last year jamb to seek for admission, except jamb put in method to stop that, no double entry, for a particular year, it is either you are using the previous year, or you are using this year, so the student is left to take the risk

more point to note is that, even the second choice we talk about, school don't offer student admission that put them in second choice, let alone those candidate that put them last year and want to used the result to gain admission for the current year most schools will frown at it.
Re: Senate Extends JAMB Result Validity To 3 Years by steppin: 3:04pm On Oct 13, 2016
PassingShot:

Happy wailing then.

May you wail till 2019 and beyond. Amen.
May you be follow follow(zombie) for life. Amen.
Re: Senate Extends JAMB Result Validity To 3 Years by ceejay4real(m): 3:12pm On Oct 13, 2016
flexxyworld:
misplaced priorities.

God bless you my brother! PIB bill that would have transformed the entire Petroleum sector and expanded the economy so much that jobs would have been created. Experts say we lost over 200 billion US Dollars due to the non passage of that glorious bill! The idiotic senators are there talking about extending university matriculation exams results validity to THREE YEARS! Which sane country does that? If not an unserious one like ours. One year validity is just ok! JAMB result is not a certificate, PERIOD!

2 Likes

Re: Senate Extends JAMB Result Validity To 3 Years by dman4mdmoon(m): 3:13pm On Oct 13, 2016
I don't understand the rational behind this move. So if a student scores 210 in 2016 and the University pegs the cut-off mark for Accountancy at 260, does it mean that the student will be holding-on to the result and waiting for the cut-off to come down to 210 the following year or two years later. It will never happen. They are just encouraging laziness. Once you fail, dust your books and study to get a better score the following year.
Re: Senate Extends JAMB Result Validity To 3 Years by PROWESX(m): 3:19pm On Oct 13, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
They should reduce the cut off mark to 50 so almajiri's can get Qoutasystem degrees
lol....why you no leave those urchins alone na wetin dem do you
Re: Senate Extends JAMB Result Validity To 3 Years by joshmee4real(m): 3:20pm On Oct 13, 2016
As much as this comes as a good news to many, some will still b affected negatively esp nw dat there's no more p.utme in Nigerian universities.
For example someone whose O'levl wasn't too outstanding nd probably d Jamb result is just average ll find it difficult in getting admission into Nigerian universities for the nxt 3yrs pending wen he is able to make it up in the next UTME (3yrs time)
Re: Senate Extends JAMB Result Validity To 3 Years by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 13, 2016
nwakibie3:

grin grin bad guy...... we will there someday
getting closer wink
Re: Senate Extends JAMB Result Validity To 3 Years by flexxyworld(m): 3:28pm On Oct 13, 2016
ceejay4real:

God bless you my brother! PIB bill that would have transformed the entire Petroleum sector and expanded the economy so much that jobs would have been created. Experts say we lost over 200 billion US Dollars due to the non passage of that glorious bill! The idiotic senators are there talking about extending university matriculation exams results validity to THREE YEARS! Which sane country does that? If not an unserious one like ours. One year validity is just ok! JAMB result is not a certificate, PERIOD!

I second your sentiment. its just a pity those we call our legislature. its only God that can save this country from ignoramus.
Re: Senate Extends JAMB Result Validity To 3 Years by Donbigi2(m): 3:54pm On Oct 13, 2016
ceejay4real:

Sat Is valid for 4yrs...
Ignorance is a disease,
This new method helps people with good jamb score but for one reason or the other didn't apply that year eg, no money, poor waec performance or withheld results or unforseen circumstances in general.
Nigeria needs to grow, we need you to change your crayfish mentality

2 Likes

Re: Senate Extends JAMB Result Validity To 3 Years by Onlymewakacum(m): 3:54pm On Oct 13, 2016
Holyfield1:

Exactly wat it means, u can also use your Jamb result to look for admission next year or upper year as the case may be.

1 Like

Re: Senate Extends JAMB Result Validity To 3 Years by Myde4naija(m): 4:07pm On Oct 13, 2016
Keneking:
Can we use it to secure menial job undecided

Expect the cost of the application form to be raised by 300%, to make up the losses for fresh enrollment for three years shocked

Useless government
mumu, nah indomie dey for ur brain
Re: Senate Extends JAMB Result Validity To 3 Years by AirFireEarthH20: 4:11pm On Oct 13, 2016
dman4mdmoon:
I don't understand the rational behind this move. So if a student scores 210 in 2016 and the University pegs the cut-off mark for Accountancy at 260, does it mean that the student will be holding-on to the result and waiting for the cut-off to come down to 210 the following year or two years later. It will never happen. They are just encouraging laziness. Once you fail, dust your books and study to get a better score the following year.

It's like you attended mid-night school for not applauding this great move by the Senate. For the useless scenario you painted above, even if one has 210 this year and you're not satisfied with it doesn't stop you from writing another one next year or anytime as you wish, it's your money. The thing is, anytime you write it, it's valied for three years

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Extends JAMB Result Validity To 3 Years by Myde4naija(m): 4:15pm On Oct 13, 2016
steppin:

May you be follow follow(zombie) for life. Amen.
why people no go follow support good thing, oooohhhhh, you everybody will join you in your pain and agony. We know una face well well (2015 general election) still dey pain am.
Re: Senate Extends JAMB Result Validity To 3 Years by dman4mdmoon(m): 4:17pm On Oct 13, 2016
AirFireEarthH20:

It's like you attended mid-night school for not applauding this great move by the Senate. For the useless scenario you painted above, even if one has 210 this year and you're not satisfied with it doesn't stop you from writing another one next year or anytime as you wish, it's your money. The thing is, anytime you write it, it's valied for three years

Mr. you are entitled to your own opinion and I am as well entitled to mine. Lest I forget, try and learn to be civil!
Re: Senate Extends JAMB Result Validity To 3 Years by Dom2020: 4:18pm On Oct 13, 2016
our senators doing the needful for the first time.

1 Like

Re: Senate Extends JAMB Result Validity To 3 Years by ezechueze(m): 4:28pm On Oct 13, 2016
Good
Re: Senate Extends JAMB Result Validity To 3 Years by musicwriter(m): 4:35pm On Oct 13, 2016
However, take note that the time students spend reading, sitting for JAMB each year, failing the exam, re-sitting the following year till they get it right, is not a waste. The real education happens between the time a student understands he/she must read to pass JAMB and the time they actually get their admission into the university.

While they've passed this law, they should also figure out a way to have students read their books within the 3 years validity, otherwise, in the long run they may end up cutting short reading hours. Of course, I'm talking about serious students who wants to study.
Re: Senate Extends JAMB Result Validity To 3 Years by Oildichotomy(m): 5:35pm On Oct 13, 2016
PassingShot:

grin grin grin grin

Seriously, you lose your job?

because this your wailing no get mate oooooo.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Your childishness though
Re: Senate Extends JAMB Result Validity To 3 Years by beejay9(m): 5:50pm On Oct 13, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
cool cool cool first to comment i need some like .. tongue tongue tongue tongue
sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
God catch u grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Senate Extends JAMB Result Validity To 3 Years by IbBarham(m): 5:51pm On Oct 13, 2016
Nice move....
Re: Senate Extends JAMB Result Validity To 3 Years by ephi123(f): 6:35pm On Oct 13, 2016
I can bet they've not thought this policy through, because if they had, there should at least be a FAQ that will address people's questions and what happens in different scenarios. They just keep messing the country up when their kids study overseas. Wicked leaders.
Re: Senate Extends JAMB Result Validity To 3 Years by ph3gnom: 6:49pm On Oct 13, 2016
They will soon deny it as usual
Re: Senate Extends JAMB Result Validity To 3 Years by Mayflowa(m): 6:58pm On Oct 13, 2016
Holyfield1:

I hope you know the reason you didn't get admission is because you hard lower score compared to other candidates in your desire discipline. What make you think you now be consider the following year when candidates would have even improve their scores.

Better think it well before you shoot yourself in the leg. You can however switch to discipline with known low jamb cut off or polytechnics
Re: Senate Extends JAMB Result Validity To 3 Years by Mayflowa(m): 7:06pm On Oct 13, 2016
Does senate consult with stakeholders before passing in laws? The action is dead on arrival. This happen in the US because there numerous schools to choose from. Not so in Nigeria. If your score wasn't good enough this year for admission, what will make it better the following year.

The process will create a lot of bottlenecks in public institutions and enshrine corruptio in admission processes.
Re: Senate Extends JAMB Result Validity To 3 Years by steppin: 7:07pm On Oct 13, 2016
Myde4naija:
why people no go follow support good thing, oooohhhhh, you everybody will join you in your pain and agony. We know una face well well (2015 general election) still dey pain am.
Go school, Abeg.
Re: Senate Extends JAMB Result Validity To 3 Years by Omegasholex: 8:18pm On Oct 13, 2016
Keneking:
Can we use it to secure menial job undecided

Expect the cost of the application form to be raised by 300%, to make up the losses for fresh enrollment for three years shocked

Useless government

I can't believe what I just read

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top Ten Oldest Universities In Africa / Is It Good To Laminate One's Certificates? / Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.