Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,415 members, 7,822,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Romoke!!! - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Romoke!!! (37126 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Romoke!!! by wizzybro10(m): 12:38pm On Nov 20, 2016
Happy sunday here....Swanksmee where u dey oooo....
Re: Romoke!!! by wizzybro10(m): 1:58pm On Nov 21, 2016
Swanksmee...I sincerely hope all z well with yhu...cos its been long since u dropped an update
#Gracias
Re: Romoke!!! by swankmee(f): 4:14pm On Nov 21, 2016
wizzybro10:
Swanksmee...I sincerely hope all z well with yhu...cos its been long since u dropped an update
#Gracias

All is well dear thks.... Update dis evening
Re: Romoke!!! by swankmee(f): 4:54pm On Nov 21, 2016
oluwatymylehyn:
Two wrongs don't make a right. Martha doesn't need to kill Blessing, she should allow nemesis to catch up with her and her hubby. However, I'm happy Ade was released. I wish him quick recovery. Nice updates, more wisdom to you ma.

abi.... Thks sir
Re: Romoke!!! by swankmee(f): 4:55pm On Nov 21, 2016
Ridwan1821:
More ink to ur pen @Swankmee, u made my day with ur update.

Thks dear
Re: Romoke!!! by swankmee(f): 5:49pm On Nov 21, 2016
Romoke!!!

XVIII

Theophilus watched the two women talking in low tones at the back of his house, his wife was whispering to their pregnant neighbour who was also noding and clapping her hands. He went back to the sitting room, you can't possibly separate women from gossip, they will just die he smiled. He had already planned his relocation to Ghana, he had already bought a house and a car and set up a car dealer shop, he was just waiting for finishing touches so he could go. He didn't tell his wife about it but he was going to look for Martha, though he still loved her. He shrugged, he had gotten a big contract for one prof Patrick to repair and service his fleet of cars and it is worth two million naira. He needed to seal his deal with the man and leave the country since the police were still investigating his sugar MaMa's death. He shook his head, he was happy she was dead. Just then he heard a gunshot and heard his wife's shout, he quickly ran outside, and saw a body in a pool of blood.
Martha walked quickly as fast as her legs could carry her. She entered into the taxi she had rented and gave instructions to the man to take her back home. She quickly hid the AK - 47 she had wrapped in a black nylon and hid it away in her bag. Her hand shook, she hoped blessing will rot in hell she thought, though she hadn't seen the person she shot but she was sure it was her cause she heard her voice.

"madam we don reach" she squeezed some money into his palms and alighted from the taxi. She walked silently into her house and was surprised the door was slightly open

"Ezinne, why will you not lock the door by this time of the night, haba, it's 10:00pm for God's sake ". She hissed and turned on the light, she couldn't find her friend in the room, Her eyes quickly darted to the corner her baby's crib was and what she saw nearly made her faint. She quickly caught her breath and sat on the squeaking bed with hot tears dropping down her eyes, where was her child? and where could Ezinne have gone to. Just then, her phone rang, she hissed and dropped her phone, it was the skinny guy she sleeps with that was calling her. Her eyes caught a phone on the bed, it was Ezinne's phone, and she saw a written note beside it. She carried the note with shaky hands and read it.

"Martha, in this life, we don't have friends just enemies and people who just want to use you as a means to their end. So be careful and watchful. Don't bother looking for your baby, I sold her to ritualist and you will never find me cause am already on my way to Europe. " she shut her eyes and fell on her bed, she was bitter, she thought of ending her life when the skinny guy called again, she picked the phone and breathed into it

" spiff,.... Ezinne has kidnapped by child ooo"
"please just let me go with Sikemi to her church, she's already waiting for me at the church". Romoke bit her lips, she has been feeling funny for days now though Sikemi told her that all she needed was just prayers as her enemies were already at work. She shut her eyes tightly as she continued pleading on the phone.

"Ade please... "

" I said no...... Why must you go to Sikemi's church. You better come and meet me at home so we can go to the hospital and check you up"

"what is with you and this Sikemi? What has she ever done to you? She's has been very nice to me but all you could do was to show her hatred.... Why?"

"uhmm... I.. I don't hate her, when you come over I will tell you the reason just don't dare go! Okay! " he barked. Romoke cringed and held her phone tightly.

" you can't tell me what to do, you are not facing what am passing through so just let me be Ade,"

"okay, baby am sorry, okay? Just come over don't be stubborn "

" you know ever since you left that police station, you've been acting weird, you just need to go and get yourself a doctor, you need the check up more than I do" she quickly cleaned her tears, Ade had been acting all weird ever since he has been released, he shouted at her and got angry unnecessarily.

"ooh Romoke now I need to see a psychiatrist right? Bravo Romoke just keep on insulting me.. " she hung up and switched off her phone. That was it, she wasn't going to listen to his rantings. She had already called Sikemi earlier and she was already waiting for her at the church, she had given her the description of the church. She picked her bag and headed to enter a taxi. She saw a green and white coloured car and got in.

"mabuchi road "

" na 500 naira" the old man said to her and she noded at him and he drove off. They stopped to pick four more people and they were all guyz as she was the only lady. She smiled at the short man beside her who was staring at her. The last thing she saw was the short man grinning at her wit his brown teeth out before she blanked out.

She squinted her eyes as she peered through the darkness that enveloped her, she tried moving her hands but it was as though her hands were tied.

"you don wake abi, "? Romoke shook her head as if to remember, where was she? She asked herself, suddenly the masculine voice that spoke switched on the light. Her eyes danced around the man that had switched on the light. Her eyes got wide in surprise as she struggled on the chair she was tied on.

"you, what have you done to me? " the short man suddenly grinned again revealing familiar brown teeth.

" you were in the taxi with me,.... What have I done to you". She shook her head as tears began to fall freely from her face. She could remember the man grinning at her until she blanked out, they must have done something to her she thought. Suddenly another man entered, he was taller than the other man.

"ohk, you are awake. Our Boss will be here soon so just try to eat something okay?"the tall man uncovered a plate of jollof rice and uncorked a bottle of coke, he sat in front of her picked a food to it her but was rejected by Romoke's tightly shut lips.

"madam abeg open your mouth chop this food now! " she cried, with cattarh drooling over her cloth. the tall man picked the spoon and fed her with it again, this time around she swallowed the rice and threw out the rice which splattered over the man, the tall man slapped her in return

" I say open your mouth and swallow this food, you think say I come here come play?" After feeding her about half of the plate and some of the coke, he stood up and left leaving the short man who switched off the light again

"our Boss will soon be here " he said and shut the door, with blanket of darkness overshadowing her.
Ade kept on trying a number on his phone but the customer care's voice answered back with
" the customer you are calling is currently switched off". He flung his phone on the sofa and walked to the kitchen, he had wanted apologizing to her about his behaviour but this her friendship with Sikemi was something else. He reached for a cup and filled it with water, he gulped almost half of it and headed back to the sitting room, he opened his mouth in surprise as he saw the lady of his past dressed seductively and smiled at him. How could she have gotten inside, he looked around and focused on her again curling his hands into a fist

"what are you doing here!!! ".

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Romoke!!! by Qasaforlife(f): 7:55pm On Nov 21, 2016
Hmmmmmmm this is getting interesting. Nice one @ suspense. More wisdom to u.
Re: Romoke!!! by wizzybro10(m): 9:29pm On Nov 21, 2016
Dara d "karishika"....in Falz voice "lord save me frm karishika"....Swankmee I dey feel u
Re: Romoke!!! by spixytinxy(f): 9:58pm On Nov 21, 2016
Hmmmm. Disobedient romoke, pls let nothing happen to romoke oooo,i no is sikemi dat ade saw. Thanks swankmee
Re: Romoke!!! by oluwatymylehyn(m): 12:03am On Nov 22, 2016
Who could the person be? I can't wait for our writer to unveil who she was... And who could have masterminded Romoke's abduction? Keep it rolling in. More wisdom to you as you soar higher.
Re: Romoke!!! by wizzybro10(m): 8:51am On Nov 22, 2016
Could Sikemi be d culprit?....only tym will tell(buh of she is then is a a traitor BIG TYM)

1 Like

Re: Romoke!!! by Hargbo(m): 7:38pm On Nov 22, 2016
One plot is just leading to another...too much web...Romoke what have you gotten yourself into....that Martha na everything wey resemble prick she dey Bleep, I don't believe that kind woman exist in the real world
Re: Romoke!!! by swankmee(f): 10:50am On Nov 23, 2016
Romoke!!!

XIX

"I can't believe this Ezinne, I trusted you but you betrayed me. at least you should have thought about my innocent child before you wanted selling her off to ritualists, God in heaven will judge you". She wiped her tears and curdled her baby. She wasn't sure if God was avenging Blessing's death but she deserved it, spiff had called her that night to inform her about Ezinne's mischief with her baby and how him and his boys had caught her before she could sell off the baby. She thanked spiff with her eyes which was still bringing out more tears. The earlier she gives her child a new life, the better for her she thought.

"Martha dear, I will do anything for you " spiff patted her and looked round the bush they were in, he gestured to one of his boys to keep his eyes around the bush area to ensure that no one was watching them.

" you should know that no one will do anything for free in this life, so it's not my fault I tried selling the baby" Ezinne pouted, she cleaned her sweaty face and faced Martha. She was not sober about what she did and she was ready for anything that would happen. Martha turned and started to walk away from them, spiff followed her and whispered to her.

"so what should we do about her, should I order my boys to throw her into the lagoon? " he squinted his eyes and rubbed his hairy chest which was revealed as a result of the black singlet he wore. Martha shrugged, hugging her baby closer to herself, the world has taught her to be wicked and the reward for a friend that betrays is death, she eyed her friend disgustingly and faced spiff.

"kill her, if she lives she might harm my child " spiff grinned and called one of his boys and whispered to him, the boy noted and walked to the other boys. Spiff continued walking out of the bush with Martha until they heard ezinne's shout, he smiled knowing fully well what he had sent his boys to do. They continued walking until spiff whispered to her ear that he wanted to answer the call of nature in the Bush. He held his buttocks with his left hand and hurried inside the Bush leaving Martha standing alone on the path. He had barely removed his boxer when he heard a distant cry of plea. At first he thought he was hallucinating until Martha called out to him.

"Spiff! did you hear that? " Spiff grunted and wore his trouser back, they heard another cry again

" please I beg you, don't kill my babyyy" the voice said again. Martha's eyes widened, she shook. A woman like her was in danger, they are going to hurt her child she thought. She shook spiff's arm.

"please let's go and check on her, please" she shielded her sleeping child with the baby's shawl and walked towards the woman's voice. Spiff gritted his teeth, he understood Martha's sudden care to rescue a woman and her child but now was not the time as he felt his stomach rumble and tore a sharp pain round his body. He just has to answer to the call of nature,

"Martha, just give me 5 minutes " he said and disappeared into the Bush.

Patrick instructed three other police men to be at alert and stand inside the house as he was expecting Theophilus. He had take the wine to the lab and it was tested poisonous and since he was the one that gave Mrs Sarah a drink then he must have poisoned it and probably, he must have leased with Dara to kill her mother. He shrugged and wore his jalabia, now he had lied to Theophilus that he was a rich hausa man with fleet of cars and he needs a mechanic to service them. He rubbed his mouthstache, after this he would go and thank his friend Musa the gatekeeper. He walked towards the gate as soon as he heard a knock on the gate.

"Goodafternoon sir, I hope am not late. " Theophilus rubbed his head, after he gets his money from this Alhaji, he would travel immediately because he wasn't safe any longer in this country he thought. blessing was almost killed, the killer had mistakingly shot their pregnant neighbours who is currently at the hospital receiving treatment. He knew he was the killer's target and he would leave before the killer finds him.

"no, walahi you are not late. Come and start work immediately " Patrick led him towards the house and three policemen came out immediately, Theophilus was shocked he turned to Patrick who in turn said

" you are under arrest for the murder of Mrs Sarah Davis ". He started wailing at the top of his voice

" I didn't kill her o! I didn't kill my sugar MaMa" he continued wailing until he was pushed into the truck by the police and they sped off lean Patrick who also do to see Musa for the last time.

He bought drinks for Musa who continued drinking, and blabbering gibberish. He played a hausa song on his small tape recorder and danced to it until he got tired.

"hepty man, why are you moody or is your oga disturbing you" Musa went in and brought something in a small black leather.

"see my hepty friend, put this in your oga's drink he will just sleep, and he will never wake up to disturb you and na you go inherit their property" he gave a long throaty laugh and Patrick kept looking at him, this is serious he thought as he asked Musa a question

"Musa, u don use am before? "

" yes now, I put am inside one wine for my madam.. " he paused and looked around, he whispered into Patrick's ear, and immediately he stood up with his eyes almost poping out of its socket.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Romoke!!! by swankmee(f): 10:51am On Nov 23, 2016
Qasaforlife:
Hmmmmmmm this is getting interesting. Nice one @ suspense. More wisdom to u.

Thks dear
Re: Romoke!!! by swankmee(f): 10:51am On Nov 23, 2016
wizzybro10:
Dara d "karishika"....in Falz voice "lord save me frm karishika"....Swankmee I dey feel u

Lol thk u
Re: Romoke!!! by swankmee(f): 10:52am On Nov 23, 2016
spixytinxy:
Hmmmm. Disobedient romoke, pls let nothing happen to romoke oooo,i no is sikemi dat ade saw. Thanks swankmee

I hope nothing will happen to her too..... You are welcome
Re: Romoke!!! by swankmee(f): 10:53am On Nov 23, 2016
oluwatymylehyn:
Who could the person be? I can't wait for our writer to unveil who she was... And who could have masterminded Romoke's abduction? Keep it rolling in. More wisdom to you as you soar higher.

I wonder who that person is?.... Thks sir
Re: Romoke!!! by swankmee(f): 10:54am On Nov 23, 2016
Hargbo:
One plot is just leading to another...too much web...Romoke what have you gotten yourself into....that Martha na everything wey resemble prick she dey Bleep, I don't believe that kind woman exist in the real world

Lol, those kind of women exist o...

1 Like

Re: Romoke!!! by pcicero(m): 12:49pm On Nov 23, 2016
A very good story you've got here.
Intriguing and full of suspense.
Nice twists and turns.
Keep them coming.
Re: Romoke!!! by Hargbo(m): 4:03pm On Nov 23, 2016
S :owamkee...oya continue this thing na[quote][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Romoke!!! by oluwatymylehyn(m): 11:52pm On Nov 23, 2016
Musa has got no sense. It's as clear as crystal that he killed Sarah. However, either Dara or Theo must have been an accomplice of the crime committed... Waiting patiently for more updates. Thumbs up to you, you're doing a wonderful job. Mistakes are inevitable but try to minimize it in your subsequent updates.
Re: Romoke!!! by Hargbo(m): 6:33am On Nov 25, 2016
Swamkee..wagbayii.....wetin Musa wan gain for this plot na...and I don't dey like the Hausa Guy o.
Mimicking Musa Hepty Man,na me cill mantdam..walahi na me do am hepty man
Re: Romoke!!! by swankmee(f): 10:09am On Nov 25, 2016
Romoke!!!

XX

Ade paced up and down the DPO's office. His father and Patrick were talking to the DPO about Romoke who has been missing for two weeks now. He shook his head, if only he had spoken nicely to her and if only he had beaten Sikemi and handed her over to the police atleast Romoke would have been found. Sikemi had dressed seductively to his house and tried to lure him to sleep with her. He hissed again, he had chased her like a mad man that day, Sikemi was his past and would remain his past. and she had called him days later that she would make sure she destroys the child Romoke was carrying and would separate them since she can't be with him.

"sit son, we will find her" his father said, and faced the DPO. Ade sat on one of the chairs across the DPO, he would never forgive himself if Romoke looses his child, though she never told him she was carrying his child, and that alone, drove him crazy.

"our men will still keep on searching for her, we will find her don't worry. Just relax"

"Relax? ohh so we should relax abi? a full grown woman, was kidnapped and it's been two weeks since she went missing, and you incompetent police officers wants us to relax? God.... I can't believe this! " Ade replied and stormed out of the office.

" am very sorry officer, " Ade's father said to the DPO who kept on nodding his head.

" I understand sir, he has every right to be angry. Like I said we will do our possible best. We have gone to search the lady's house, the lady who held her in hostage but we didn't find a pin in her apartment, she had packed her belongings and the only thing we saw was your son's picture and what was written on it was
'I love you Ade, and I would love you to
death.'
So the lady kidnapper in question must have either had a past with your son or she is obsessed with him" he tapped his desk with his pen and focused on Patrick.

"Mr Emmanuel, your private investigator has really been of great help to us, he has helped us arrest the criminal that killed Mrs Sarah Davis. Who could have ever thought it would be the gatekeeper imagine? " Patrick smiled, he had only gone back to see Musa one more time and the hausa illiterate had confessed to poisoning his madam simply because he was the one servicing madam before Theophilus came along and she stopped giving him money and started been harsh to him. and the one that made him poison her was because, on one occasion she had embarrassed him in front of Theophilus and compared his p.enis to that of Theophilus, that is rod was way too small and she never enjoyed it. He had been humiliated with that and resolved to punish her, like he said "something wey mama Bilkisu dey always shout if I chuk am one" Patrick had laughed at that statement when he was brought to the police station.

"am only doing my work DPO, and my Boss pays me well. and I would make sure we find the missing woman" he stood up and shook hands with the DPO, and he left followed by Mr Emmanuel Jacobs.

"you are finished, so you were also flogging sugar Mama's with that thing between your legs, eeeeehhh! Neighbors help me o! So what if you caught disease ehnnn? You would have infected me with it abi! Shameless man! So that is where you get your dirty money from ewoooo! Theophilus has killed me! Neighbors o! "she kept on clapping her hands and wailing, while Theophilus stood up to enter his room. He had to call his so called wife to bail him from the station since he was wrongly accussed and instead of consoling him, the stupid woman had been shouting and insulting him ever since.

"it's dirty money, oya leave my house and the shop I bought for you now, leave the expensive clothes, shoes, and bags and leave now. Since everything I have bought in this house is through dirty money" she fell silent and sat still sobbing.

"... Stupid and senseless woman" he spat and walked into his room locking the door after him. He would leave for ghana by weekend, but he had to see Martha, he still loves her even with the fact that she sleeps around and he will take her and her child to ghana she is more preferable that her stupid friend he married. He hissed and continued gathering his documents.
Romoke sniffed her nose as she started another round of cry when she saw fresh blood dripping down her thighs. She shook her head, she couldn't believe it that sikemi was her enemy. She had planned her kidnapped and even the threat calls she thought was Bola' s doing, it was her doing instead. Sikemi had threatened to remove her baby and she was actually succeeding with that as she ordered her men to inject her and give her the coke drink and she had always felt pain in her lower abdomen whenever she was given that. And now she had seen blood. She smelt terrible, Her clothes were a mess and her hair was something else. The last time the men injected her, she had screamed and told them not to hurt her baby. and now they had shut her in as usual. You can't trust anyone in this world she shook.

"I should have listened to Ade, I should have " she bent her head and kept on crying. She heard footsteps near the door, she increased her tears, the men were coming back again she thought as she heard the door forced open and a woman carrying something she couldn't really figure out cause her eyes were blurry. and a lanky man came in, they switched on the light as the room was initially dark, and they rushed towards her to help her. The lanky man untied her and was leading her out when they heard a man's voice "na who dey there!" the woman quickly held Romoke who was weak and ran to hide behind the door leaving the lanky man facing the tall kidnapper. The tall kidnapper had only seen the lanky man as he rushed to strangle him only then did the woman's baby started whimpering.......

3 Likes

Re: Romoke!!! by swankmee(f): 10:11am On Nov 25, 2016
pcicero:
A very good story you've got here. Intriguing and full of suspense. Nice twists and turns. Keep them coming.

Thks
Re: Romoke!!! by swankmee(f): 10:11am On Nov 25, 2016
oluwatymylehyn:
Musa has got no sense. It's as clear as crystal that he killed Sarah. However, either Dara or Theo must have been an accomplice of the crime committed... Waiting patiently for more updates. Thumbs up to you, you're doing a wonderful job. Mistakes are inevitable but try to minimize it in your subsequent updates.

OK sir.. Thks
Re: Romoke!!! by swankmee(f): 10:12am On Nov 25, 2016
Hargbo:
Swamkee..wagbayii.....wetin Musa wan gain for this plot na...and I don't dey like the Hausa Guy o.
Mimicking Musa Hepty Man,na me cill mantdam..walahi na me do am hepty man

Lol... Eyah
Re: Romoke!!! by Shakyroh320(f): 10:26am On Nov 25, 2016
kip the gud work up dearie,u are one of the gifted,may u never lack wisdom.
Re: Romoke!!! by wizzybro10(m): 11:07am On Nov 25, 2016
Musa don kobalize himself...lolz...nice one..ds story z getting more interesting....Swankmee we dey fill u
Re: Romoke!!! by dexzzy(f): 1:35pm On Nov 25, 2016
see as my heart dey beat like Sey I dey watch action film
in fact ur film sorry ur story is the best I have read so far
BRAVO, KEEP IT UP
Re: Romoke!!! by wizzybro10(m): 3:59pm On Nov 25, 2016
[color=#770077][/color]i tot Sikemi was a born again christian ni......Cant wait to see what become of HER....BLOODY TRIATOR
Re: Romoke!!! by oluwatymylehyn(m): 11:05pm On Nov 25, 2016
I hope all the perpetrators will be brought to justice... Pele Romoke, you should have listened to Ade... Nice update, more wisdom to you. More updates. sadI hope all the perpetrators will be brought to justice... Pele Romoke, you should have listened to Ade... Nice update, more wisdom to you. More updates.
Re: Romoke!!! by oluangelkay(f): 8:46pm On Nov 26, 2016
Imagin!!! Sikemi of all people, when i even thought she is a born again. Nice work. Cant wait for d next update

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Torpedo / The Girl In Black By SAMUEL Franklin (Psy-FY, Action and Thriller) (Completed) / Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year One (By Kayode Odusanya)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.