Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Romoke!!! - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Romoke!!! (37119 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Romoke!!! by wizzybro10(m): 11:53am On Nov 27, 2016
Happy sunday to everyone here....ao u doing?

1 Like

Re: Romoke!!! by oluwasike(f): 6:47pm On Nov 27, 2016
The waiting is too much ooo swankmee pls upload more
Re: Romoke!!! by swankmee(f): 10:14pm On Nov 27, 2016
Gud evenin my people, so sorry have not updated yet have been busy but will update tomorrow by God's grace. Thks and gudnyt
Re: Romoke!!! by Hargbo(m): 7:05am On Nov 28, 2016
swankmee:
Gud evenin my people, so sorry have not updated yet have been busy but will update tomorrow by God's grace. Thks and gudnyt
[size=80pt]Wa[/size][size=80pt]gb[/size][size=80pt]ayi[/size]

1 Like

Re: Romoke!!! by swankmee(f): 10:32am On Nov 28, 2016
Romoke!!!

XXI

Ade bent his head, his right hand still curled round Romoke's hand. She was just staring at Ade, ever since she asked him about his relationship with Sikemi. She shut her eyes tightly, she was on the hospital bed, she blinked back unshed tears. She remembered the couple that saved her but when one of the abductors had caught them, he accidentally strangled the lanky man but before he could turn back to them, the lady had hit him with an iron rod and he fell down unconscious and before the police came the man had died. She shook her head, the lady that saved her was Ade's house help. She watched her boyfriend closely, he had raised his head and was watching her. She wasn't even concerned about what the doctor said all she was concerned about was knowing the truth between him and Sikemi.

"... So what's between you and Sikemi?" Ade left her hand and relaxed back on the chair he was seating, they were the only one in the ward, the other hospital bed was empty as there was no patient on it. There was no way he would ignore this question she had asked him, he groaned why was she acting like she isn't concerned about what the doctor had said or was she hiding it? the doctor had told them that she had lost her baby and that her womb was too fragile to carry any child, it was obvious Sikemi had really succeeded in destroying her like she threatened. as for her, the police were still searching for her and it would really be dangerous if she is not found.

"... Ade... "

" I heard you, and am sorry I kept you in the dark all these while. I actually slept with her years back, I had nothing serious with her but it was later she told me she was pregnant for me but I didn't believe her and because I was...not.. ready to start a family then atleast not with her cause I was not in love with her. but years later when I saw her at the office without the baby bump, I figured out that she must have lied about it. So that was why I felt she wasn't a good company for you to keep. am sorry " he sighed and watched her face break into a small smile, she noted her head in satisfaction and held Ade's hand he, in turn squeezed her hand.

" I don't care about whatever the doctor has said, I love you and want to spend the rest of my life with you " Romoke sat up in bed, and watched Ade going down on one knee,

" but.... "

" shh.... Romoke no buts...... Will you marry me? "

" yes..... Yes I will" she was overwhelmed with joy, they embraced themselves and kissed but their merriment was cut short as a feminine voice interrupted them.

"helo..... " they both turned to see a familiar face looking at them as Ade stood up and shouted

" what are you doing here!!! "
Martha folded her baby's clothes, it's been weeks since they had saved that woman she thought. the woman must have meant something to oga Ade cause he sounded and looked worried when the lady was taken to the hospital and he had given her a cash reward to compensate her for spiff's death and also for finding his girlfriend. Spiff was not her boyfriend he was just her friend with benefit but she still felt bad for his death. She hissed, she was still in Ezinne's house, she needed to leave very soon before people would start asking. She looked at her child who was still sleeping soundly, she had barely laid on her bed before she heard a knock. Her heart thumped people rarely visit her so who could that be. She stood up and opened the door, a familiar masculine smell greeted her

"Theophilus! " she quickly pulled him in and shut her door. She quickly led him to the bed to sit and kept on pacing in the room. So many questions raced through her mind, what was he doing in her house, how did he find her, she looked up at his dark face and allowed her eyes roam lustfully round well built body, she folded her arms remembering the good old moments.

"I know you must be wondering how I found you and why am here? " he stood up and pulled her to himself, he sat her on the bed and sat close to her.

" I have never stopped loving you Martha even when you cheated on me,..... I don't know what you've done to me" he ruffled his hair and they kept staring at each other until she crushed his lips with hers and their clothes started flying around the room as they kept flinging it to different directions. They landed on the bed and Theophilus drove into her.

"........ Martha, come with me to ghana", Martha faced him as she dragged her wrapper round her body.

"what will happen to blessing? "

" I don't love her but I will definitely settle her with money, but please come with me........ Yes, you and your baby" Martha was overwhelmed God is truly good to her she smiled who wouldn't accept this kind of offer, she thought as she snuggled close to him and kissed him, nodding her head in affirmation only then did they start another round.

"Good afternoon madam, I have a package for Mr Theophilus " the post office man dipped his hand into his bag and produced a brown envelope, he gave Blessing a book to sign on after which he left. Blessing went back to her room, she had grown slim with worry and her baby bump was already showing. Theophilus cared less of her, he never eats her food and even enters the house whenever he likes. She sighed, that is the price she has to pay for forcefully marrying a man who clearly doesn't love you. He was only doing whatever he did to get over Martha. She stared at the package again. She tore it open and found documents as well as receipts, she then read a piece of paper attached to it 'everything is ready sir'. Her heart jumped when she saw receipts of two cars and shops bought in Ghana and the document was a certificate of occupancy of a duplex in Ghana and it had Theophilus name on it. She suddenly felt dizzy as she sat on her bed, or is it a surprise for her or what. So many questions ran through her mind she would wait for him and pretend like she doesn't know, she thought as she stood up and packed the documents back into the envelope and sealed it with her saliva.

2 Likes

Re: Romoke!!! by swankmee(f): 10:32am On Nov 28, 2016
oluwasike:
The waiting is too much ooo swankmee pls upload more

Have done that ma
Re: Romoke!!! by swankmee(f): 10:33am On Nov 28, 2016
oluangelkay:
Imagin!!! Sikemi of all people, when i even thought she is a born again. Nice work. Cant wait for d next update

Hmm abi... Thks
Re: Romoke!!! by swankmee(f): 10:34am On Nov 28, 2016
oluwatymylehyn:
I hope all the perpetrators will be brought to justice... Pele Romoke, you should have listened to Ade... Nice update, more wisdom to you. More updates. sadI hope all the perpetrators will be brought to justice... Pele Romoke, you should have listened to Ade... Nice update, more wisdom to you. More updates.

abi, thks sir
Re: Romoke!!! by swankmee(f): 10:35am On Nov 28, 2016
wizzybro10:
[color=#770077][/color]i tot Sikemi was a born again christian ni......Cant wait to see what become of HER....BLOODY TRIATOR

Seriously....
Re: Romoke!!! by swankmee(f): 10:35am On Nov 28, 2016
dexzzy:
see as my heart dey beat like Sey I dey watch action film

in fact ur film sorry ur story is the best I have read so far

BRAVO, KEEP IT UP

Lol thks alot
Re: Romoke!!! by swankmee(f): 10:36am On Nov 28, 2016
wizzybro10:
Musa don kobalize himself...lolz...nice one..ds story z getting more interesting....Swankmee we dey fill u

Lol thks
Re: Romoke!!! by swankmee(f): 10:37am On Nov 28, 2016
Shakyroh320:
kip the gud work up dearie,u are one of the gifted,may u never lack wisdom.

Amen thks alot
Re: Romoke!!! by wizzybro10(m): 2:21pm On Nov 28, 2016
Welldone Swankmee...we want more...who could af been d person dat showed up in d hospital?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Romoke!!! by Hargbo(m): 5:51pm On Nov 28, 2016
[size=80pt]Wai[/size][size=80pt]ting.... kiss[/size]
Re: Romoke!!! by oluwatymylehyn(m): 9:35pm On Nov 29, 2016
Don't keep us waiting, please update. More grace to you.

1 Like

Re: Romoke!!! by swankmee(f): 8:25pm On Dec 01, 2016
Update comes up tomorrow, am so sorry for keeping you waiting.
Re: Romoke!!! by swankmee(f): 9:47am On Dec 02, 2016
Romoke!!!

XXII

Romoke heaved a sigh of relief and rested her head on her Ade's chest. They were traveling home to know her parents and also to do their traditional marriage. She wondered how are parents will react when they see her especially with the calibre of people she was coming with. Ade's parents were in another car behind them and following closely was a white coaster bus filled with Ade's friends and well wishers, even Dara followed them. She smiled Dara had come to see her at the hospital few weeks back and Ade nearly pounced on her but she had come in peace. She also apologized to him about her attitude. Ade had wanted them to go to the village and do everything fast because he made mention of them relocating abroad for some time. The Lord has really been good to her she thought as she raised her head to see if they were almost at her village. atleast the evil ones are no more, she suddenly got scared and her throat went dry. Sikemi has still not been caught. She is still lurking around, what if she.... Romoke shook her head, she wouldn't come close to them maybe sikemi is no longer in the country who knows?
"please take the left turn...... " she instructed the driver. She suddenly felt nervous her palm was sweaty and her stomach started tieing small knots. Ade hugged her close and pecked her.

" it's going to be alright okay? " she noded, she hoped he would be right when they got there. Cause she has left home for close to 6 years now. Suddenly the car started moving slowly as a result of the bad road, she looked through the window and looked at some few houses built in a well modernized and structured way, she smiled in satisfaction.

"it's here... Stop under that tree " they had gotten to her house. The house looked empty, until she saw a woman slightly bent sit on one of the chairs on the passage.

" babe don't be scared, let's just go in. Let me call mom and dad. " Ade went to call his parents but the other people remained in the car. They walked towards the house. Romoke looked closely at the woman that sat outside, Her eyes widened in recognition it was her mother's rival, the one that always called her " omo iya".

"iya Bisi" the woman stared at her, as if trying to recognize the person. Romoke shook her head and spoke in her dialect to her.

"it's me, it's Romoke, iya Alake's child" she suddenly flew up with her bent back and wrinkled face and went inside, she then returned with a slim old man followed closely by a limping old woman and some other men and women. Iya bisi turned to the limping woman and spoke in the local dialect.

" she said she is Romoke, I don't believe her cause Romoke is dead " The limping woman drew close to Romoke and tried surveying her, Romoke quickly recognized her ad her mother, she had grown so thin and more older.

" maami..... It's me" she said crying, the limping woman touched her chin with shaky hand and drew in Sharp breath, they said she was dead? How could she have come back to me? This is my daughter.

"Romoke!!! " she shouted suddenly and collapsed.

Theophilus horned before knocking on Martha's door, he had quickly sent Blessing on an errand and lied to her that he was going for a meeting and she had even given him the document that has been sent to him from Ghana. The door creaked open and he entered and quickly shut the door.

"I hope you are prepared? " he rolled up his sleeves and sat at the edge of the bed dangling his carkey.

" yes, let me just change my baby's diaper " she washed her baby who in turn kept on crying. Theophilus checked his wrist watch again, they were running out of time, as they were travelling to Ghana. He looked up as soon as he heard the knock on the door.

" are you expecting anyone? " Martha shook her head and continued with her baby.

" it should be one of the neighbours, help me check please" he stood up and opened the door.

"I know you must be surprised but I traced you here. You think you are smart abi? " the female voice shouted at Theophilus and pushed him into the house shutting the door tightly. Martha turned and almost fainted at what she saw,

" Blessing!! " she was wearing a tight trouser and a big sweatshirt but her baby bump was obvious, she was carrying a gun and was pointing it at Theophilus.

" shut-up! Prostitute! How can you, Theophilus prefer her over me. and to add insult to injury you are now eloping with her to Ghana, tufiakwa! I can't believe this"

"blessing please am sorry, please drop the gun let's talk please. " he begged her with tears in his eyes,

" I am only here to end your life. If I can't have you then no one will. Not even this Prostitute. "

" please, Blessing, please. " Martha kept on begging until she head two deafening shots only then did she realize that it had come from the gun.

3 Likes

Re: Romoke!!! by Iamfelicia(f): 3:47pm On Dec 02, 2016
prayed Theo, Martha and her baby will not die

1 Like

Re: Romoke!!! by Just30: 5:10pm On Dec 02, 2016
swankmee:
Romoke!!!

XXII

Romoke heaved a sigh of relief and rested her head on her Ade's chest. They were traveling home to know her parents and also to do their traditional marriage. She wondered how are parents will react when they see her especially with the calibre of people she was coming with. Ade's parents were in another car behind them and following closely was a white coaster bus filled with Ade's friends and well wishers, even Dara followed them. She smiled Dara had come to see her at the hospital few weeks back and Ade nearly pounced on her but she had come in peace. She also apologized to him about her attitude. Ade had wanted them to go to the village and do everything fast because he made mention of them relocating abroad for some time. The Lord has really been good to her she thought as she raised her head to see if they were almost at her village. atleast the evil ones are no more, she suddenly got scared and her throat went dry. Sikemi has still not been caught. She is still lurking around, what if she.... Romoke shook her head, she wouldn't come close to them maybe sikemi is no longer in the country who knows?
"please take the left turn...... " she instructed the driver. She suddenly felt nervous her palm was sweaty and her stomach started tieing small knots. Ade hugged her close and pecked her.

" it's going to be alright okay? " she noded, she hoped he would be right when they got there. Cause she has left home for close to 6 years now. Suddenly the car started moving slowly as a result of the bad road, she looked through the window and looked at some few houses built in a well modernized and structured way, she smiled in satisfaction.

"it's here... Stop under that tree " they had gotten to her house. The house looked empty, until she saw a woman slightly bent sit on one of the chairs on the passage.

" babe don't be scared, let's just go in. Let me call mom and dad. " Ade went to call his parents but the other people remained in the car. They walked towards the house. Romoke looked closely at the woman that sat outside, Her eyes widened in recognition it was her mother's rival, the one that always called her " omo iya".

"iya Bisi" the woman stared at her, as if trying to recognize the person. Romoke shook her head and spoke in her dialect to her.

"it's me, it's Romoke, iya Alake's child" she suddenly flew up with her bent back and wrinkled face and went inside, she then returned with a slim old man followed closely by a limping old woman and some other men and women. Iya bisi turned to the limping woman and spoke in the local dialect.

" she said she is Romoke, I don't believe her cause Romoke is dead " The limping woman drew close to Romoke and tried surveying her, Romoke quickly recognized her ad her mother, she had grown so thin and more older.

" maami..... It's me" she said crying, the limping woman touched her chin with shaky hand and drew in Sharp breath, they said she was dead? How could she have come back to me? This is my daughter.

"Romoke!!! " she shouted suddenly and collapsed.

Theophilus horned before knocking on Martha's door, he had quickly sent Blessing on an errand and lied to her that he was going for a meeting and she had even given him the document that has been sent to him from Ghana. The door creaked open and he entered and quickly shut the door.

"I hope you are prepared? " he rolled up his sleeves and sat at the edge of the bed dangling his carkey.

" yes, let me just change my baby's diaper " she washed her baby who in turn kept on crying. Theophilus checked his wrist watch again, they were running out of time, as they were travelling to Ghana. He looked up as soon as he heard the knock on the door.

" are you expecting anyone? " Martha shook her head and continued with her baby.

" it should be one of the neighbours, help me check please" he stood up and opened the door.

"I know you must be surprised but I traced you here. You think you are smart abi? " the female voice shouted at Theophilus and pushed him into the house shutting the door tightly. Martha turned and almost fainted at what she saw,

" Blessing!! " she was wearing a tight trouser and a big sweatshirt but her baby bump was obvious, she was carrying a gun and was pointing it at Theophilus.

" shut-up! Prostitute! How can you, Theophilus prefer her over me. and to add insult to injury you are now eloping with her to Ghana, tufiakwa! I can't believe this"

"blessing please am sorry, please drop the gun let's talk please. " he begged her with tears in his eyes,

" I am only here to end your life. If I can't have you then no one will. Not even this Prostitute. "

" please, Blessing, please. " Martha kept on begging until she head two deafening shots only then did she realize that it had come from the gun.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Be very careful with women in Ghana, the Laws of this country has made them very powerful. If a woman threatens to take you to court, find a way to negotiate ; else it may be the start of a very slow downfall

1 Like

Re: Romoke!!! by swankmee(f): 10:34am On Dec 05, 2016
Romoke!!!

XXIII

Romoke smiled as she relaxed on her husband's chest, they were in Boston in the United States. They had relocated immediately after their wedding. She remembered when they went to the village for her wedding, Her mother fainted on seeing her. She was even told that sister Nike had died from Hiv/Aids. Maami had cried when she told her about her sister's death and Maami had also apologized to Romoke for not putting her on the right path and for not praying for her children the way a mother does. The wedding had gone smoothly and they had returned to the city to finalize their traveling documents. She smiled, it's been 4 years since they left Nigeria for the USA and ever since, the've been living just fine. She sighed, 'there is no rest for the wicked as nemesis will always catch up with the guilt' she thought. She wasn't happy with Sikemi but she was happy she was arrested finally and was already sentenced to life imprisonment. Ade has been busy with the Emmanuel textile industry branch in the US, and she in turn ventured into catering and event management and she's doing quite well in it. and God has been so faithful to her ever since she got pregnant again and had a baby boy. She had thought she would die because of the state of her womb but everything was going quite well.

"ma'am Amanda is asleep right now, I have to go"

"alryt, see you tomorrow " She had employed a nanny for her child as she is now pregnant and quite busy.

" so now we have the whole night to ourselves. " Ade kissed his wife and they both giggled and started pulling off their clothes in their furnished sitting room.

" baby, let's go to the room " Ade grunted and lifted her up, carrying her in his arms and went to the bedroom.

" Mama..... " a little girl in her night robe, entered their room, she stood staring at them quite confused at what they were doing. Romoke was too shocked to speak, Ade gave a short laugh and turned to their child.

" baby, you should always knock before you come in, okay? So now go back and shut the door then knock " she noded her head and did as she was told. Romoke smiled at her husband, with satisfaction and kissed him.
" mummy what are we having for dinner? " Martha turned and smiled at her husband and her daughter, they had bonded quite well even though he was not her father.

" you will all have indomine "

" yay! " they both shouted and rushed back to the sitting room. She continued rinsing the plates she was washing silently thanking God for Theophilus life. He would have been killed when they wanted leaving for Ghana but Blessing had missed a shot at first and had shot him the second time and she had fled immediately. But lucky enough for Theophilus he was shot on his arm. She wiped her tears, she was a prostitute, a cheap one at that and God had blessed her with a loving husband and they were comfortable as well, she owns a big shopping mall and Theophilus mechanic business thrived. They were happy here in Ghana.

"madam, abeg I don't want indomine cook correct food for me" he said, his daughter also came and repeated the same thing he said and they busted out laughing.

"oya let's go let's not disturb, mama twins " he winked at her and left. She smiled, she rubbed her already heavy pregnancy. She had gone for a scan and was told she would be having twins. She didn't deserve all this comfort she has but God has been indeed merciful.

Blessing shrugged, she would continue to live with the guilt of the way she shot Theophilus. She would have shot Martha not him. She shook her head, she was still living in their house in the ghetto and she still has a source of income, which was her shop. The son she had for Theophilus was now in school. She busted into tears. How would he feel if he ever knew that she killed his father and that he never loved her. She shook her head, she has learnt her lesson, never in life will she try to take revenge into her hands or try to love a man that doesn't love her in return.

"mama Theophilus " she wiped her tears, she had named her son after him. Her neighbour was calling her, as she stood up and walked out.

" mom is really disappointed in you, sis Sikemi. Well I just came to tell you that I will be going back to school by next week, so no one would be coming to see you" Sikemi bent her head,she had only wanted to teach Ade a lesson. He had also slept with her and impregnated her then. But she had aborted her unborn child when she overheard him telling his friend then, that she meant nothing to him. that he was just using her to have fun. and she had almost loosed her life when she aborted his child. and since she couldn't get him off her mind and he cared lesson her, she wanted to revenge. She sobbed, if only she had forgiven him and let go but instead she ended up hurting a dear friend who had always been there for her. She held her sister's hand

"please Dami don't leave me here... It's so cold and lonely here" she cried. Her sister shook her hand walked away from her

"you should have thought about that before you engaged in your inhuman act" she hissed and left Sikemi crying and a prison warder came and shoved her back roughly into the cell.

"I hope Romoke will forgive me" she shut her eyes tightly as she was too weak to cry.

THE END.

want to thank everyone for reading this story(both the ghost readers) , thanks for the comments too

7 Likes

Re: Romoke!!! by lillyana(f): 11:30am On Dec 05, 2016
What a wonderful story,thank you so much
Re: Romoke!!! by oluwatymylehyn(m): 12:56pm On Dec 05, 2016
Nemesis caught up with Blessing and Sikemi. Such is life. Nice story dear. Thanks for writing this story, I learnt my lessons. Keep the fire burning. We're expecting another intriguing and riveting story from you soonest. God bless you.
Re: Romoke!!! by swankmee(f): 3:00pm On Dec 05, 2016
lillyana:
What a wonderful story,thank you so much

U are Welcum, thks too
Re: Romoke!!! by swankmee(f): 3:07pm On Dec 05, 2016
oluwatymylehyn:
Nemesis caught up with Blessing and Sikemi. Such is life. Nice story dear. Thanks for writing this story, I learnt my lessons. Keep the fire burning. We're expecting another intriguing and riveting story from you soonest. God bless you.

Yeah thks alot
Re: Romoke!!! by Nmaglit: 3:59pm On Dec 05, 2016
Hmmmm what goes around comes around nice work dear
Re: Romoke!!! by Shakyroh320(f): 8:41pm On Dec 05, 2016
Tankx dear,u ll neva lack good tinx in life.
Re: Romoke!!! by Qasaforlife(f): 10:31pm On Dec 05, 2016
Thumbs up to u dear. Nice story u got there. Looking foward to read ur future stories. Bigger u i pray.
Re: Romoke!!! by wizzybro10(m): 6:54am On Dec 06, 2016
Swankmee..u av really don a good job...thank for d story..nnd looking forward to another interesting piece frm yhu...#Gracias
Re: Romoke!!! by swankmee(f): 7:27am On Dec 06, 2016
Nmaglit:
Hmmmm what goes around comes around nice work dear

Thks for following dear

1 Like

Re: Romoke!!! by swankmee(f): 7:28am On Dec 06, 2016
Shakyroh320:
Tankx dear,u ll neva lack good tinx in life.

Amen.. Thks alot
Re: Romoke!!! by swankmee(f): 7:30am On Dec 06, 2016
Qasaforlife:
Thumbs up to u dear. Nice story u got there. Looking foward to read ur future stories. Bigger u i pray.

Thks alot I appreciate
Re: Romoke!!! by swankmee(f): 7:33am On Dec 06, 2016
wizzybro10:
Swankmee..u av really don a good job...thank for d story..nnd looking forward to another interesting piece frm yhu...#Gracias

Thks alot sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Torpedo / The Girl In Black By SAMUEL Franklin (Psy-FY, Action and Thriller) (Completed) / Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year One (By Kayode Odusanya)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.