Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,040 members, 7,814,555 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

"Obasanjo Was Wrong About Chibok Girls" - Falana, Odumakin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Obasanjo Was Wrong About Chibok Girls" - Falana, Odumakin (22912 Views)

Time To Call Out Osinbajo By Yinka Odumakin / Princess Pako Talks About Chibok Girls On Twitter, Reveals What She Found Out / Ezekwesili Digs APC's Tweet About Chibok Girls In 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Obasanjo Was Wrong About Chibok Girls" - Falana, Odumakin by Ahmadgani(m): 9:18pm On Oct 13, 2016
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s previous comment that the girls abducted from Government Girls Secondary School, Chibok, Borno State two years ago by Boko Haram may never be found has been described as a gaffe, as 21 of the abductees were released yesterday.

Rights Activist, Mr. Yinka Odumakin told Daily Sun that Obasanjo really gaffed on the statement he made over the abducted girls at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Osun State on Friday February 5, 2016, during a programme organised by the OAU Staff Club tagged Seventh Roundtable with Chief Olusegun Obasanjo.

“Does anybody take Obasanjo serious again? It is clear that he goofed that time. He is not somebody to be trusted on his comment over the girls’ condition.” Legal icon and Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Femi Falana also acknowledged that Obasanjo’s comment that the girls may never be found as an error.

Obasanjo had said that “the search for the abducted Chibok girls may not be fruitful. Nobody can bring back the girls because they are nowhere to be found.” Spokesperson to President Muhammadu Buhari had announced the release of the girls yesterday and the Information minister, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said it was a not swap arrangement.

“When the former President made that statement, I reacted by saying that all hope was not lost. I said that from all indications those girls are still alive. And that the government should intensify efforts to look for them,” Falana said. “We must commend the BBOG that have for the past three years staged daily protests to remind the government, even when the government believed that that organisation had become an embarrassment. “This is the greatest sacrifice that Nigerians have made in terms of reminding the government on a daily basis that these girls have to be brought back. The Bring Back Our Girls and other people were interested in the freedom of these girls and never lost interest at any time,” he added. “We are a people that quickly forget events and human beings because we have lost our sense of shock. That is why when you hear the word ‘trillions of Naira stolen’, Nigerians are not shocked.” Odumakin, on the other hand, asked “What about the rest? Were they released in exchange for the Boko Haram element handed over to the Borno State Government or what?

“I think it will be criminal to release the girls in exchange for the Boko Haram members who have been terrorising the nation all over the place. It will be a shame to release these criminal in exchange for those innocent girls who have committed no crime,” he said. “Anyway there are a lot of issues to address on this matter. But let’s get the girls back first. We pray that they will all come back to meet their parents. “Let parents whose daughters have not been released be hopeful. Pray that the girls would be released peacefully,” he concluded.

http://sunnewsonline.com/obasanjo-was-wrong-about-chibok-girls-says-falana-odumakin/

Re: "Obasanjo Was Wrong About Chibok Girls" - Falana, Odumakin by muykem: 9:24pm On Oct 13, 2016
The word "may" is a conditional statement so OBJ was not wrong.

99 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Obasanjo Was Wrong About Chibok Girls" - Falana, Odumakin by muykem: 9:26pm On Oct 13, 2016
The word "may" is a conditional statement so OBJ is not wrong.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Obasanjo Was Wrong About Chibok Girls" - Falana, Odumakin by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 13, 2016
Obasanjo met with Buhari on Tuesday this week.

American government even knows better.

Useless propaganda

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Obasanjo Was Wrong About Chibok Girls" - Falana, Odumakin by NOC1(m): 9:44pm On Oct 13, 2016
Do Falana and Odumakin understand simple english, what's the work of "May" in OBJ's statement?
Those learned men spoke like some of my brothers when the are interpreting Lia Mohamed statement "we've Technically defeated bokohoram" those my bros them go Jump that "technical" in Lai's comment.
Lol, are they Envious of Obj's achievements

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Obasanjo Was Wrong About Chibok Girls" - Falana, Odumakin by Opinedecandid(m): 9:39am On Oct 14, 2016
They are always wrong.
Re: "Obasanjo Was Wrong About Chibok Girls" - Falana, Odumakin by orlarbissy(f): 9:40am On Oct 14, 2016
He used the word "may not" not "will not"

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Obasanjo Was Wrong About Chibok Girls" - Falana, Odumakin by drlaykay(m): 9:42am On Oct 14, 2016
muykem:
The word "may" is a conditional statement so OBJ was not wrong.
You said it first
Re: "Obasanjo Was Wrong About Chibok Girls" - Falana, Odumakin by Guyman02: 9:42am On Oct 14, 2016
If I recall correctly Obasanjo said that ''ALL the girls MAY never be found''.
Falana is misquoting OBJ, what OBJ meant is that if they are 200 girls we may never find the 200 complete, we may find 199 or 21 or 50 of them.

Over sabi dey worry Falana and I too know (ITK) is bad even for a SAN

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Obasanjo Was Wrong About Chibok Girls" - Falana, Odumakin by Young03(m): 9:43am On Oct 14, 2016
OBJ said his mind

besides .. he used may not

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Obasanjo Was Wrong About Chibok Girls" - Falana, Odumakin by Mujaheeeden: 9:43am On Oct 14, 2016
Obj the destroyer

Re: "Obasanjo Was Wrong About Chibok Girls" - Falana, Odumakin by hucienda: 9:43am On Oct 14, 2016
Now na Obasanjo dey folo take di stick?

Even when na probabilistic word im use?

Okay.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Obasanjo Was Wrong About Chibok Girls" - Falana, Odumakin by ShitHead(m): 9:43am On Oct 14, 2016
OBJ is not wrong. He said and was right that the Chibok girls would not be found again. The 21 of them that they claimed returned were Chibok women. The girls in them had gone, long gone...Boko boys have fvcked out the girls in them. We can never see the Chibok girls again. Simple.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Obasanjo Was Wrong About Chibok Girls" - Falana, Odumakin by Famouson: 9:43am On Oct 14, 2016
LOLZZ.. WHAT DO YOU GUYS EXTENT.. HE'S NOT GOD JARE
Re: "Obasanjo Was Wrong About Chibok Girls" - Falana, Odumakin by Daniyomex(m): 9:44am On Oct 14, 2016
Nigerians has really lost their sense of shock. Nothing surprises Nigerians again.
Re: "Obasanjo Was Wrong About Chibok Girls" - Falana, Odumakin by SamuelAnyawu(m): 9:44am On Oct 14, 2016
May grin

Everyone trying to be relevant grin

1 Like

Re: "Obasanjo Was Wrong About Chibok Girls" - Falana, Odumakin by solace2013: 9:44am On Oct 14, 2016
NOC1:
Do Falana and Odumakin understand simple english, what's the work of "May" in OBJ's statement?
Those learned men spoke like some of my brothers when the are interpreting Lia Mohamed statement "we've Technically defeated bokohoram" those my bros them Jump that "technical" Lai's comment.
Lol, are they Envious of Obj's achievements
how can they be envious of Obasanjo's achievements?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "Obasanjo Was Wrong About Chibok Girls" - Falana, Odumakin by Liability(m): 9:45am On Oct 14, 2016
Afonjas are the problems of nigeria

1 Like

Re: "Obasanjo Was Wrong About Chibok Girls" - Falana, Odumakin by Philinho(m): 9:45am On Oct 14, 2016
Obasanjo d fake Prophet of chibok
Re: "Obasanjo Was Wrong About Chibok Girls" - Falana, Odumakin by Histrings08(m): 9:45am On Oct 14, 2016
Let's use our head my people, obasanjo is an elder stateman with a lot of influence nd resources at his disposal... There's an element of truth in what baba av said, I bliv so

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Obasanjo Was Wrong About Chibok Girls" - Falana, Odumakin by clevadani: 9:46am On Oct 14, 2016
These guys are just creating news where there is none

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Obasanjo Was Wrong About Chibok Girls" - Falana, Odumakin by Liability(m): 9:47am On Oct 14, 2016
solace2013:
how can they be envious of Obasanjo's achievements?
obasanjo is a yoruba thief
Re: "Obasanjo Was Wrong About Chibok Girls" - Falana, Odumakin by maxiuc(m): 9:50am On Oct 14, 2016
I have tired for this country
Re: "Obasanjo Was Wrong About Chibok Girls" - Falana, Odumakin by sammyj: 9:51am On Oct 14, 2016
Odumakin also made an error by concluding that OBJ statement was final because Baba words did not reflect will never but rather may never which is conditioner statement. This man is just seeking political attention. angry shocked tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Obasanjo Was Wrong About Chibok Girls" - Falana, Odumakin by emeijeh(m): 9:51am On Oct 14, 2016
I see!

1 Like

Re: "Obasanjo Was Wrong About Chibok Girls" - Falana, Odumakin by obailala(m): 9:51am On Oct 14, 2016
muykem:
The word "may" is a conditional statement so OBJ is not wrong.
Sometimes one begins to wonder the kind of education some people received. I opened this thread hoping to see a proper gaffe, only to find that the statement of OBJ contained 'MAY' undecided So I wonder what this thread and report is really all about.

2 Likes

Re: "Obasanjo Was Wrong About Chibok Girls" - Falana, Odumakin by semoly(m): 9:52am On Oct 14, 2016
Obasanjo is not wrong
he was just saying what is going on base on the information around then.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Obasanjo Was Wrong About Chibok Girls" - Falana, Odumakin by Kaybee14(m): 9:54am On Oct 14, 2016
We thank God the girls are now been found gradually.

1 Like

Re: "Obasanjo Was Wrong About Chibok Girls" - Falana, Odumakin by jayriginal: 9:54am On Oct 14, 2016
"May never be found" is different from "will never be found".

Nothing wrong with Obasanjo's statement.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Obasanjo Was Wrong About Chibok Girls" - Falana, Odumakin by Hadeyeancah(m): 9:55am On Oct 14, 2016
Liability:
Afonjas are the problems of nigeria
see mumu wey I dey talk

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Obasanjo Was Wrong About Chibok Girls" - Falana, Odumakin by Hdz4luv: 9:56am On Oct 14, 2016
Obasanjo had said that “the search for the abducted Chibok girls may not be fruitful. Nobody can bring back the girls because they are nowhere to be found.”

(1) (2) (Reply)

700 Million Dollars Raw Cash Found In Petroleum Ministers House / Metuh Bows To EFCC, Cooperates With Investigators-newswatch Times / Ben Bruce Replies Charly Boy, Insists ‘Atiku Is An Option’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.