Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

A Lecturer In Unical (political Science) Gives Students The Shock Of Their Life - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Lecturer In Unical (political Science) Gives Students The Shock Of Their Life (5851 Views)

Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) / Sokoto State University Increases Tuition By 100%, Gives Students 7Day Ultimatum / Mbang Confidence Campaigns For SUG Elections In UNICAL With Free Football Views (2) (3) (4)

A Lecturer In Unical (political Science) Gives Students The Shock Of Their Life by EBUBS(m): 5:56pm On Oct 14, 2016
We all sat down expecting a smooth lecture as usual and the next thing we heard from the lecturer was "i think i need to ginger you people". Gosh! That means test! Hmm, anyway we took it as a normal thing students face. Then he told us to write the question down. Everyone got prepared expecting a normal 3 lines question, but NO! He started... ....
QUESTION
Perhaps the most fundamental question in Nigeria today is the relationship between the federal and state- a situation Woodrow Wilson once described of the American Federal system as "The cardinal question that has never really been answered, because it is the question that deals with growth and opportunities, and its succeeding generation gives it New meanings and makes it a new question".
With this in mind therefore and utilising appropriate and contemporary examples including but not limited to; theoretical and philosophical justifications, legislations/legislative Vs executive tussle, presidential actions/ inactions, opposition Vs ruling party tussel, characterise the current stage of Nigerian Federalism unearthing strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.

How many pages does he now expect the answer to be.. .?

Re: A Lecturer In Unical (political Science) Gives Students The Shock Of Their Life by HQuadreal: 5:58pm On Oct 14, 2016
80 leaves exercise book.

Re: A Lecturer In Unical (political Science) Gives Students The Shock Of Their Life by Young03(m): 6:04pm On Oct 14, 2016
he smoke cat shit

Re: A Lecturer In Unical (political Science) Gives Students The Shock Of Their Life by ever811(m): 6:14pm On Oct 14, 2016
you would have ask him this question not us....

Re: A Lecturer In Unical (political Science) Gives Students The Shock Of Their Life by EBUBS(m): 8:14pm On Oct 14, 2016
Young03:
he smoke cat shit
That's an understatement.. ..

Re: A Lecturer In Unical (political Science) Gives Students The Shock Of Their Life by babyfaceafrica: 8:29pm On Oct 14, 2016
Ayaf die
Re: A Lecturer In Unical (political Science) Gives Students The Shock Of Their Life by davspog2(m): 8:34pm On Oct 14, 2016
Do you understand the question sef?
Re: A Lecturer In Unical (political Science) Gives Students The Shock Of Their Life by EBUBS(m): 8:38pm On Oct 14, 2016
davspog2:
Do you understand the question sef?
You'll have to read it over and over.. By the time you understand it'll be.. "you have ten minutes remaining"

Re: A Lecturer In Unical (political Science) Gives Students The Shock Of Their Life by goldeno10boy: 8:53pm On Oct 14, 2016
grin cheesy grin cheesy tongue

it has BE for you people grin

you would have just ask what will be mark , if its high mark then...... cheesy if the mark is not tangible then just write anything that looks farmilia down cheesy cheesy grin
Re: A Lecturer In Unical (political Science) Gives Students The Shock Of Their Life by Seuntek(m): 9:05pm On Oct 14, 2016
Lols... The man no get joy at all... Just do your best and leave the rest 4 God.
Re: A Lecturer In Unical (political Science) Gives Students The Shock Of Their Life by Floyd45(m): 9:12pm On Oct 14, 2016
I think the real question here was 'characterise the current stage of Nigerian Federalism unearthing strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threat''
All that initial grammar was to throw you off balance. Perhaps he should have saved this sought of question for exams

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Lecturer In Unical (political Science) Gives Students The Shock Of Their Life by amicable09(f): 11:16pm On Oct 14, 2016
OP you have no challenge here na.
The question is pretty easy and I see you understand it too but you want to know how many pages it should be.

The more voluminous, the higher the mark cheesy
Dahveydson and Moyarh, come and see how this lecturer just used English to confuse his students.

But I miss Woodrow Wilson grin
Re: A Lecturer In Unical (political Science) Gives Students The Shock Of Their Life by Richy4(m): 11:21pm On Oct 14, 2016
All this were just English language.... The main question there is what you feel was the current stage of Nigerian Federalism
mention the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.

Re: A Lecturer In Unical (political Science) Gives Students The Shock Of Their Life by DozieInc(m): 12:09am On Oct 15, 2016
The question is clear but confusion may abound.
Re: A Lecturer In Unical (political Science) Gives Students The Shock Of Their Life by csamii: 12:13am On Oct 15, 2016
Richy4:
All this were just English language.... The main question there is what you feel was the current stage of Nigerian Federalism

Exactly. Just add examples when discussing.

Re: A Lecturer In Unical (political Science) Gives Students The Shock Of Their Life by omoopa(m): 12:48am On Oct 15, 2016
It seems it's Mr. Adedokun that set this kind question, cos he is also found of big big grammar as well. For example "Nigeria as a dwarf in the committee of all nations" explain
Re: A Lecturer In Unical (political Science) Gives Students The Shock Of Their Life by EBUBS(m): 3:51am On Oct 15, 2016
Richy4:
Does he then need to confuse us?
Re: A Lecturer In Unical (political Science) Gives Students The Shock Of Their Life by fof1: 5:29am On Oct 15, 2016
EBUBS:

You'll have to read it over and over.. By the time you understand it'll be.. "you have ten minutes remaining"

Pls go and study hard. Pol science is not for feeble minds. I hope its not Dr. SP AGI? U better go read ur Books. Nairaland won't help u.
Re: A Lecturer In Unical (political Science) Gives Students The Shock Of Their Life by iamFawaz(m): 5:42am On Oct 15, 2016
fire on..... I'll pop with 2 coke
Re: A Lecturer In Unical (political Science) Gives Students The Shock Of Their Life by Kirinwa: 6:03am On Oct 15, 2016
Floyd45:
I think the real question here was 'characterise the current stage of Nigerian Federalism unearthing strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threat''
All that initial grammar was to throw you off balance. Perhaps he should have saved this sought of question for exams

Very true. This question requires thought and indepth analysis and Nigeria wahala too much.

Thus its not a question for test but examination.

Re: A Lecturer In Unical (political Science) Gives Students The Shock Of Their Life by Kirinwa: 6:06am On Oct 15, 2016
fof1:

Pls go and study hard. Pol science is not for feeble minds. I hope its not Dr. SP AGI? U better go read ur Books. Nairaland won't help u.

I doubt if you will get much reading 'your books' alone. It has to do with current issues happening in Nigeria now. Its more like a research question. The man no get joy at all.
Re: A Lecturer In Unical (political Science) Gives Students The Shock Of Their Life by Dahveydson(m): 6:07am On Oct 15, 2016
amicable09:
The question is pretty easy and I see you understand it too but you want to know how many pages it should be.

Dahveydson and Moyarh, come and see how this lecturer just used English to confuse his students.

Typical Agbo's Question, it's quite easy looking at it now that i've passed through it. But if I was in that class, God knows i'll be sweating
Re: A Lecturer In Unical (political Science) Gives Students The Shock Of Their Life by Moyarh(m): 7:27am On Oct 15, 2016
amicable09:

Lol, just pinpoint clear references and make a logically sequential argument. No right/wrong answer.
Re: A Lecturer In Unical (political Science) Gives Students The Shock Of Their Life by Opistorincos(m): 7:48am On Oct 15, 2016

Re: A Lecturer In Unical (political Science) Gives Students The Shock Of Their Life by decatalyst(m): 7:54am On Oct 15, 2016
This is not just 'a' questions. It is meant to challenge your patience, attention to details, logical and illogical thinking capability. Social sciences and international relations courses are quite interesting.

Una better be happy. My lecturers then go set question wey go require you to 'read' the dictionary before you understand a word.

Simply questions oh but u need to come n see different interpretations after exams grin grin grin

Enough sweating before result comes out.

Re: A Lecturer In Unical (political Science) Gives Students The Shock Of Their Life by bigsam1992(m): 8:43am On Oct 15, 2016
Lectures in political science that are sadist, I never took any elective from that department...proudly malabite rep Economics
Re: A Lecturer In Unical (political Science) Gives Students The Shock Of Their Life by nickvanilla(m): 10:41am On Oct 15, 2016
Maybe recession is affecting him. Rubbish!
How would all those grammar rescue Nigeria from the political quagmire of incompetence, ineffectiveness and blatant impunity.
Nigeria and irrelevant education are like 5&6

Re: A Lecturer In Unical (political Science) Gives Students The Shock Of Their Life by amicable09(f): 10:45am On Oct 15, 2016
Moyarh:

Lol, just pinpoint clear references and make a logically sequential argument. No right/wrong answer.
That's it. Social Sciences, confuse us with well organized thoughts backed with examples and you are good to go. grin

Dahveydson:

Typical Agbo's Question, it's quite easy looking at it now that i've passed through it. But if I was in that class, God knows i'll be sweating
Lol cheesy. I heard that man's story. Sincerely, the question merely looking at it looks complex because of the many many grammar. Reminds me of my HOD's final year exam we wrote cheesy

We all wore our white shirts, excited. Went for the exam with markers. Arranged for pure water. Told photographers to hang around grin, it was our last paper and we were going to give the HOD assignment grin

Oh boy! The exam paper was the shortest we ever saw. The grammar inside, no be here. All our jacking failed. See us sweating and staring at the questions. Very easy questions o but to understand what you are asked to do was the problem. The hall that day quiet ehn! Lol

I'll never forget that my last exam. Some people came out sure of their extra year cheesy, it was bloody.

Re: A Lecturer In Unical (political Science) Gives Students The Shock Of Their Life by skimmy005: 10:50am On Oct 15, 2016
is mathematics compulsory for me write in ma jamb as a political science student...?
Re: A Lecturer In Unical (political Science) Gives Students The Shock Of Their Life by adefowope14(m): 12:17pm On Oct 15, 2016
HW your ordeal take affect me?
Re: A Lecturer In Unical (political Science) Gives Students The Shock Of Their Life by PINES: 1:49pm On Oct 15, 2016
Floyd45:
Correct guy! Na the question be that

Admission! Get Admission Into Any Ghana Universities U want Wit Waec/Neco Result / Pre Degree Or Diploma Forms / Mind Blowing Facts And Great Discoveries Pt2 (GRAPHIC PICTURES INSIDE).