Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) (82011 Views)

University Of Abuja Student Burns Down Her Hostel While Holding A Knife / Lagos Government Demolishes Hostel While Students Were Still Inside (Video) / Rats Destroy ABSU Student's Property During Lockdown (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by radiolover(m): 11:00am On Jul 11, 2020
So some students left some tubers of yam in their hostel room while leaving the place in accordance with federal government directive on school closure. Overtime, due to prolonged closure of the school, the yams however have germinated and the stems grown covering everywhere from the bed to the window.

Pictures speak.

Meanwhile,

What do you guys make of this?

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by radiolover(m): 11:00am On Jul 11, 2020
What do you make of this?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by JAOS(m): 11:18am On Jul 11, 2020
the stems went out to the direction of the sun,amazing!

501 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by chadYRN(m): 11:28am On Jul 11, 2020
grin the great unical

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by Orire01(m): 11:38am On Jul 11, 2020
Good investment, nah to resume back and harvest.

I still sell affordable laptops.

Details on my signature.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by cool318(m): 11:54am On Jul 11, 2020
JAOS:
I Guess it's called Phototropism in Biology undecided undecided

313 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by radiolover(m): 12:02pm On Jul 11, 2020
Orire01:
Good investment, nah to resume back and harvest.

I still sell affordable laptops.

Details on my signature.

Good investment indeed.

And rumour has there will be no school again this year. That place go turn a very big forest. Lmao.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by radiolover(m): 12:03pm On Jul 11, 2020
Lalasticlala,

Isn't this funny?

Do the needful.

1 Like

Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by mytime24(f): 12:06pm On Jul 11, 2020
Uniyam

86 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by Nicklaus619(m): 12:10pm On Jul 11, 2020
That must be agric department grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by IvarTheBoneless: 12:13pm On Jul 11, 2020
Maybe someone left tuber(s) of yam under the bed.

OOPs ! He be like say this gin is too potent grin

I just dey see double.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by NewDelhi(m): 12:22pm On Jul 11, 2020
But where did the yams get enough water to germinate to that extent?.. it's staged.

Moreover whey does the first picture have a different window from the second.

The first ha a sliding window,

The second which shows to stems to be moving in the same direction as the first have a louvers.

It's staged

Cc cool318 Akinola100

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by Odoogu(m): 12:38pm On Jul 11, 2020
they all can resume to the harvesting of yam!! grin

1 Like

Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by cool318(m): 12:48pm On Jul 11, 2020
NewDelhi:
But where did the yams get enough water to germinate to that extent?.. it's staged.

It isn't staged, its the adaptability of plant species.
They are using the yam tuber tissues in the hostel as food and water supply at the same time moving positively phototropic in search of photosynthesis.

The mystery will now be where the new regenerated Tuber will be domiciled.

I will need to consult my Library shocked shocked shocked

121 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by Gemineye: 12:48pm On Jul 11, 2020
Op which school actually. undecided i saw this same pic in someone's WhatsApp status tagging a diff sch

5 Likes

Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by telkevog(m): 12:59pm On Jul 11, 2020
God is great! At least palliative is waiting for them upon resumption. They will have enough yam to eat!

10 Likes

Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by viver1: 1:21pm On Jul 11, 2020
Gemineye:
Op which school actually. undecided i saw this same pic in someone's WhatsApp status tagging a diff sch
Good question. He should answer

1 Like

Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by Kalashnikov102(m): 1:49pm On Jul 11, 2020
Some good yam and palm oil to start with after hostel clean up grin

2 Likes

Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by delectablegyal(f): 1:51pm On Jul 11, 2020
people like to show off ehn. like say na only una do biologysmiley. pls, phuck out of here.

1 Like

Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by Akinola100: 2:10pm On Jul 11, 2020
JAOS:
The response is called phototropism

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by Akinola100: 2:16pm On Jul 11, 2020
NewDelhi:
No, moisture. That is why the vines grow out from the tuber, the tubers have enough nutrients to sustain it's self. Yam can grow without being put in the soil.

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by fmcjunior(m): 2:30pm On Jul 11, 2020
NewDelhi:
lmao...ajebo pikin....I guess you've not been to a farm your whole life.

51 Likes

Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by Demayour: 2:30pm On Jul 11, 2020
lol....Same thing happened to me back then in UI. School was locked for 7 weeks and I left a big tuber of yam. Only to come back and it was a bit difficult to open my door because yam stalk had tangled to obstruct it.

32 Likes

Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by Ejenavi18(f): 2:35pm On Jul 11, 2020
grin grin
Nature took its course..

3 Likes

Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by poiunt: 2:37pm On Jul 11, 2020
Whoa, the stem and leaves went through the window meaning they were in search of sunlight for survival grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by Satoshi2019: 2:40pm On Jul 11, 2020
Nature having its way

1 Like

Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by NewDelhi(m): 2:43pm On Jul 11, 2020
fmcjunior:
lmao...ajebo pikin....I guess you've not been to a farm your whole life.
Don't blame me, I have better ambitions than planting tubers of yam in my backyard. To add to that, I'm an extremely busy person. . You have the experience, that's what you do for a living so please put us through and explain better.

Mind you I'm not discrediting farmers, infact I love farmers and farming and there are lots of wealthy ones out there. But there and farmers and there are farmers. When I say farming, I don't mean backyard shit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by Orire01(m): 2:48pm On Jul 11, 2020
radiolover:

Good investment indeed.

And rumour has there will be no school again this year. That place go turn a very big forest. Lmao.

Better for them, at least yam go dey steady for a month or more. Lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

ASUP Strike / Problems Of Research Methodology In Nigeria / SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.