Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,764 members, 7,831,452 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

What Are The Career Options For An Actuarial Science Graduate - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Are The Career Options For An Actuarial Science Graduate (1007 Views)

Career Options: Should I Leave My Teaching Job To Be A Driver? / What Are The Career Options For A Lawyer Migrating From Nigeria To Canada? / What Certifications Necessary For A Political Science Graduate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Career Options For An Actuarial Science Graduate by Nobody: 7:50am On Oct 16, 2016
A friend of mine recently gained admission to study the course Actuarial science. The thing is that he applied for Accounting and was given Actuarial science because of his low aggregate score. After making research about the course on the internet his interest for the course was next to none so he decided to pursue a degree in the course and accept the admission. But his greatest fear is that he isn't sure of what the future holds for an Actuarial science graduate here in Nigeria. so please what advice do you have for this my friend ? Preferably an advice from any Actuarial science graduate here will be favourable
Re: What Are The Career Options For An Actuarial Science Graduate by Nobody: 7:50am On Oct 16, 2016
cc lalasticlala
Re: What Are The Career Options For An Actuarial Science Graduate by baum1: 12:46am On Oct 17, 2016
Ehitunez:
A friend of mine recently gained admission to study the course Actuarial science. The thing is that he applied for Accounting and was given Actuarial science because of his low aggregate score. After making research about the course on the internet his interest for the course was next to none so he decided to pursue a degree in the course and accept the admission. But his greatest fear is that he isn't sure of what the future holds for an Actuarial science graduate here in Nigeria. so please what advice do you have for this my friend ? Preferably an advice from any Actuarial science graduate here will be favourable

I am amazed that he did an internet search and still came up with nothing good. Actuary science is a great course, trains analytical skills and makes one a host of things - risk analyst, financial analyst etc. Tell your friend to study it and do well. He can later go for a professional accounting exam or even begin the accounting exam whilst studying actual science. If he is average or above in math, he should push himself and do well because actuary science requires math. If he wants to travel abroad later and practice actuarial science, he can begin the actuarial professional exams such as CAS or IA while in Nigeria. Anything he wants to do is possible. He just needs to be more determined.

Another thing he can do is to go on linkedin and try to connect with Nigerians who studied actuarial science.
Re: What Are The Career Options For An Actuarial Science Graduate by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 17, 2016
baum1:

I am amazed that he did an internet search and still came up with nothing good. Actuary science is a great course, trains analytical skills and makes one a host of things - risk analyst, financial analyst etc. Tell your friend to study it and do well. He can later go for a professional accounting exam or even begin the accounting exam whilst studying actual science. If he is average or above in math, he should push himself and do well because actuary science requires math. If he wants to travel abroad later and practice actuarial science, he can begin the actuarial professional exams such as CAS or IA while in Nigeria. Anything he wants to do is possible. He just needs to be more determined.

Another thing he can do is to go on linkedin and try to connect with Nigerians who studied actuarial science.
. I really appreciate your reply thanks
Re: What Are The Career Options For An Actuarial Science Graduate by Montalo(m): 7:03pm On Oct 17, 2016
Actuarial science is the discipline that applies mathematical and statistical methods to assess risk in insurance, finance and other industries and professions. Actuaries are professionals who are qualified in this field through intense education and experience.......To me this course is very cool if he can swim through it. Unless your friend is scared of mathematics. This degree combined with ICAN certification is surely a blast.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Are You Around Lekki, Ikoyi, Victoria Island, Eti-Osa and Environment? / Enrolling Into Lagos City Computer College / AWS Certification Training Program In USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.